Free Holy Bible!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35962

BD2006BD

24-03-2006 13:20:05

www.freeholybible.org

Free holy bible! For US and Canada only. Never seen a freebie like this before.

winkie

24-03-2006 13:25:10

hmmm... at mormon.org. Probably not a king james version or NIV. my guess is that its a mormon adaption to the bible.

Stroid

24-03-2006 13:28:54

[quotec2397c1aff="winkie"]hmmm... at mormon.org. Probably not a king james version or NIV. my guess is that its a mormon adaption to the bible.[/quotec2397c1aff] yeah im dying to get a mormon bible roll thanks anyways

BD2006BD

24-03-2006 13:36:40

lol I just thought it was funny.

aguy

24-03-2006 13:38:04

bibles make for good rolling papers

jr5

24-03-2006 21:23:14

[quote54dcb97d6e="aguy"]bibles make for good rolling papers[/quote54dcb97d6e]

lol so does toilet paper

ghondi

25-03-2006 21:26:11

[quoteb57e22f904="jr5"][quoteb57e22f904="aguy"]bibles make for good rolling papers[/quoteb57e22f904]

lol so does toilet paper[/quoteb57e22f904]

Toilet paper makes horrible paper....Damn man...

If your in need that bad, use a napkin or paper towel before TP....

Buy a damned bowl or bong![=http//www.smokingwithstyle.com]Buy a damned bowl or bong!

ahaxton

28-03-2006 12:39:07

hmm i think its a trick. Their mormon book is called the book of mormon, the picture shows the holy bible that says king james version. Watch when you get it, it'll have probably the book of mormon stuck to it. Who would want a bible that has that stuck to it lol. Guess you can always tear it out

chillywilly

28-03-2006 13:01:50

Actually, it is the KJV of the bible, but I'm sure once they get your name, they'll be sending over "representative" to your house to ask how you like it.

In addition, I'm sure they'll also ask if you want a copy of the book of mormon as well.

This is one freebie you should pass on.

Brassai-PNAA

28-03-2006 13:11:40

I ordered it and clicked to have it shipped, not delieved by someone preaching the word of Morman. My mom used to have some group like that when I was a kid, it was just aweful, considering I went to catholic church every Sunday....

disagreement between parents I guess....

I had to order it....anything that's free I have a hard time passing up on shrug

Godrockdj

28-03-2006 13:16:18

On a semi related note, you don't need to order a bible from a website. You should be able to go to any church/fellowship near you and ask for one. If you are sincere they should have no problem giving you one for free. Just food for thought.

akalic

30-03-2006 01:39:35

[quotec9fc60690c="Godrockdj"]On a semi related note, you don't need to order a bible from a website. You should be able to go to any church/fellowship near you and ask for one. If you are sincere they should have no problem giving you one for free. Just food for thought.[/quotec9fc60690c]

Yeah..so true, if you're enthusiastic enough they'll just fork over a bible for you..

jened

30-03-2006 05:29:04

[quoteb285cd7230="akalic"]
Yeah..so true, if you're enthusiastic enough they'll just fork over a bible for you..[/quoteb285cd7230]

it's not like it's a rare book ) i think there's 20 million sold annually in just the USA each year.

jadem

30-03-2006 05:38:58

[quote1c77d42941="Godrockdj"]On a semi related note, you don't need to order a bible from a website. You should be able to go to any church/fellowship near you and ask for one. If you are sincere they should have no problem giving you one for free. Just food for thought.[/quote1c77d42941]

This is definitely true. However, I spent good $$ on mine, around $90 for a larger, New International Version (NIV) study bible.

Jish

30-03-2006 22:00:48

Wow, one would feel really welcome here if they were Mormon, huh?

In answer to many of your questions

Yes, it is a KJV Holy Bible.
Yes, you can order it without missionaries coming out to visit you.
Yes, "Mormons" believe in the Bible, as well as the Book of Mormon, seeing as it is another Testament of Christ.
No, they wouldn't be "preaching the word of Mormon," they would be preaching of the atoning sacrifice that our Savior made for us.
A lot of bold words for so many people that have probably never even read a chapter in the Book of Mormon.

There were a lot of ignorant remarks made by a lot of you, it's too bad you can't give negative Karma points! But, according to the Terms of this site you can't be racist, but you can practice other forms of bigotry.

45udogg

30-03-2006 22:52:35

[quote7e26e32858="ahaxton"]hmm i think its a trick. Their mormon book is called the book of mormon, the picture shows the holy bible that says king james version. Watch when you get it, it'll have probably the book of mormon stuck to it. Who would want a bible that has that stuck to it lol. Guess you can always tear it out[/quote7e26e32858]

that's a pretty ignorant thing to say. "negative karma" to you.

and to everyone else
the whole point of the site is to give away free bibles; to give a chance to people to get a bible and use it to get closer to God, like millions have done before. i don't know how that can be treated as some kind of joke on here while mocking a religion some of you obviously know nothing about

crazyates

31-03-2006 08:01:07

[quotec30f2d5787="Godrockdj"]On a semi related note, you don't need to order a bible from a website. You should be able to go to any church/fellowship near you and ask for one. If you are sincere they should have no problem giving you one for free. Just food for thought.[/quotec30f2d5787]

exactly

chillywilly

31-03-2006 17:51:39

[quote0a0231ec84="Jish"]A lot of bold words for so many people that have probably never even read a chapter in the Book of Mormon.[/quote0a0231ec84]
What if some of us have... multiple times?

I like godrock's suggestion better. It's not preachy.

chillywilly

31-03-2006 17:54:39

[quote9ae012a2f6="45udogg"]and to everyone else
the whole point of the site is to give away free bibles; to give a chance to people to get a bible and use it to get closer to God, like millions have done before. i don't know how that can be treated as some kind of joke on here while mocking a religion some of you obviously know nothing about[/quote9ae012a2f6]
I can respect that some people may feel better about being closer to a god. The one comment was a big ignorant.. i agree.

Some of us do know more about the mormon religion than we sometimes care to admit.

I'll stick to free iPods.

Jish

31-03-2006 18:55:43

[quoteb7a959421f="chillywilly"][quoteb7a959421f="Jish"]A lot of bold words for so many people that have probably never even read a chapter in the Book of Mormon.[/quoteb7a959421f]

I like godrock's suggestion better. It's not preachy.[/quoteb7a959421f]

Thats great if some of you have...now you can form an opinion all by yourself, instead of multiple people telling you otherwise. My point was that their were some pretty ignorant comments made.

On to Godrocks suggestion, I'm willing to bet that if you went to any church and asked for a copy of the Bible that they would definitly give it to you, but I'm sure they will "preach" to you in some way or another. I can't imagine someone just saying "sure, here you go!" and then leave you be, that would be pretty rude in my opinion. But, I can assure you that if you get the Bible from that website and ask for it to be shipped to you, that is what will happen (no representatives will come to your house unless you ask them to).

crazyates

31-03-2006 19:07:14

[quote83e543932a="Jish"][quote83e543932a="chillywilly"][quote83e543932a="Jish"]A lot of bold words for so many people that have probably never even read a chapter in the Book of Mormon.[/quote83e543932a]

I like godrock's suggestion better. It's not preachy.[/quote83e543932a]

On to Godrocks suggestion, I'm willing to bet that if you went to any church and asked for a copy of the Bible that they would definitly give it to you, but I'm sure they will "preach" to you in some way or another. I can't imagine someone just saying "sure, here you go!" and then leave you be, that would be pretty rude in my opinion.[/quote83e543932a]

It would also be pretty pointless. They see that someone want a Bible, but they don't ask why you want one or if you're gonna read it? I know that [u83e543932a]anyone[/u83e543932a] in my church would glady give you a bible if you asked, in fact some of them would even give you thiers if an extra one couldn't be found.

But they're not gonna "preach" it to you. However they are gonna ask why you want one, and if you're gonna read it. Maybe point out some parts of it that would be better if you're just starting out, but ya...they're just trying to help you out.

chillywilly

01-04-2006 06:38:47

[quote765ae62fea="Jish"]But, I can assure you that if you get the Bible from that website and ask for it to be shipped to you, that is what will happen (no representatives will come to your house unless you ask them to).[/quote765ae62fea]
That's good to hear they allow you to request no representatives (missionaries) will come to your home. In years past, that offer was an ad on late night TV and it was the Book of Mormon instead of the bible.

As for reasons why people would want a bible without being asked why, they could just be personal or spiritual reasons without wanting to join an organized religion.

Jish

01-04-2006 13:21:00

[quote4236e266be="chillywilly"][quote4236e266be="Jish"]But, I can assure you that if you get the Bible from that website and ask for it to be shipped to you, that is what will happen (no representatives will come to your house unless you ask them to).[/quote4236e266be]
That's good to hear they allow you to request no representatives (missionaries) will come to your home. In years past, that offer was an ad on late night TV and it was the Book of Mormon instead of the bible.

As for reasons why people would want a bible without being asked why, they could just be personal or spiritual reasons without wanting to join an organized religion.[/quote4236e266be]

Yeah, they still do offer the Book of Mormon for free, as well as the Bible and some other DVD's of Christ.

I understand that some people start to feel pressured or uncomfortable about speaking about their own personal beliefs (I would say usually because of fear of ridicule, as we have seen above), but like crazyyates said, it would be kinda pointless to offer something to someone without even asking if they are interested in learning more...or anything for that matter. If someone wants a Bible, then one can assume that they want to learn more about God and the gospel, it is only beneficial that we could point them in the right direction by giving helpful scriptures or what not. The Bible is a big book, a lot of people need help understanding it. I think for the most part though that if someone didn't want to hear additional messages then they can simply say they are not interested at the time, and I highly doubt that they would be "pressured" furthermore.

crazyates

01-04-2006 14:41:15

[quoted414b00b30="Jish"][quoted414b00b30="chillywilly"][quoted414b00b30="Jish"]But, I can assure you that if you get the Bible from that website and ask for it to be shipped to you, that is what will happen (no representatives will come to your house unless you ask them to).[/quoted414b00b30]

As for reasons why people would want a bible without being asked why, they could just be personal or spiritual reasons without wanting to join an organized religion.[/quoted414b00b30]

Yeah, they still do offer the Book of Mormon for free, as well as the Bible and some other DVD's of Christ.

I understand that some people start to feel pressured or uncomfortable about speaking about their own personal beliefs (I would say usually because of fear of ridicule, as we have seen above), but like crazyyates said, it would be kinda pointless to offer something to someone without even asking if they are interested in learning more...or anything for that matter. If someone wants a Bible, then one can assume that they want to learn more about God and the gospel, it is only beneficial that we could point them in the right direction by giving helpful scriptures or what not. The Bible is a big book, a lot of people need help understanding it. I think for the most part though that if someone didn't want to hear additional messages then they can simply say they are not interested at the time, and I highly doubt that they would be "pressured" furthermore.[/quoted414b00b30]

exactly. good explanation wink