Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34481

kevxross

04-03-2006 11:59:58

Ok I dunno if any of you are into burning a lot of DVDs, but any of you that are should already know that Taiyo Yuden is the best media you can get. Yes, the brand of the media you use does matter, and most of the stuff you buy in stores is actually crap. So if any of you want to burn a lot of DVDs with high success rate, and want them to actually last a while, get Taiyo Yuden.

This is the hottest deal around on this media and what I always get in on

http//www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=3007&cata=1&s_cata=

$29 for 100, plus free shipping. Plus if you want another 10% to bring it down to $26.10 just send me a PM with your email address and I'll hook you up.

Oh and it says 1x - 4x but you'll most likely get at least 8x. I got 8x last time and I'll let you know what I get this time. A lot of people actually get 16x. And this media will always burn faster than it's rated at. This store is also very reputable, and I've used em and love, so no worries there. If you want more info on this, and want to check for yourself that TY is [b79ce82c95f]the[/b79ce82c95f] media to get, just go to cdfreaks.com. They're freaks.. about cds.. kinda pathetic, but at least you can be sure they know what they're talking about lol

hehehhehe

04-03-2006 12:29:51

TY is the best and I used to buy these since you can burn them at 8x. However, the last batch I got has about 20 of 100 discs that were bad so I'm never buying this value type again, I'll just get real 8x or 16x TY's from now on for a ten bucks or so more. I'm so sick of looking for dye problems before I burn and then making sure the burns are good, it's a big fucking waste of time.

I've also done PI/PO scans, and the value TY's aren't as good as real 8x TY's just so you know, even though they burn fine.

You can find similar comments at supermediastore's user reviews for the value TY's.

The 10% off code is CS10 (just checked). They always have 10% off coupons around.

kevxross

04-03-2006 14:06:23

Oh I didn't know about CS10. If you use my link you get 10% plus I get a $10 GC, so I'd still prefer you to PM me P

I've read the value TYs are just as good as the standard, and I've had no real problems with them (5 max coasters out of 100 discs), so I see no point in spending more. Either way, these are high quality media and this a great deal for it.

hehehhehe

04-03-2006 18:00:29

As with any media, it matters what batches they come up with. I really recommend against this media, I've burnt about 1,000 of these and they've gone to shit like I said with dye defects. I wouldn't want people to burn something important and later find out the disc was faulty. Now the regular 8x media is falling in price and there are always deals for good media for several bucks more. I bought great 16x media for about $10 more for a 200 pack. It's worth it for me, given the defect rate and there's no need to check every disc. And remember that even a 10% defect rate means you're paying several bucks more in the end anyway.

I'm assuming that batches that fail certain QA tests for the regular 8x or 16x TY discs is what ends up being sold as 4x value brand.

I'm not trying to block you from getting shop4tech refs, just recommend another media ).

kevxross

04-03-2006 19:10:29

[quote91fe2c8075="hehehhehe"]As with any media, it matters what batches they come up with. I really recommend against this media, I've burnt about 1,000 of these and they've gone to shit like I said with dye defects. I wouldn't want people to burn something important and later find out the disc was faulty. Now the regular 8x media is falling in price and there are always deals for good media for several bucks more. I bought great 16x media for about $10 more for a 200 pack. It's worth it for me, given the defect rate and there's no need to check every disc. And remember that even a 10% defect rate means you're paying several bucks more in the end anyway.

I'm assuming that batches that fail certain QA tests for the regular 8x or 16x TY discs is what ends up being sold as 4x value brand.

I'm not trying to block you from getting shop4tech refs, just recommend another media ).[/quote91fe2c8075]

Don't apologize bro, I appreciate the input. I actually didn't post this to farm for refs, I honestly thought/think it's a good deal. By the time I'm through this stack I'm sure the price will be just as low or lower for some better media, so I'll probably go for that. I haven't gone through anywhere near 1000 of these discs, so you are obviously more knowledgeable about it than I.