Some I-Deal updates

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76198

dmorris68

19-06-2008 11:41:50

I'm posting this to clarify a couple of I-Deal concerns that have come up recently.

First, what I consider good news! I recently received confirmation from "a reliable I-Deal source" about their policy towards e-mail addresses. I know many of us had used different e-mails at different sites -- speaking personally I do this to organize and segregate the e-mail traffic generated from each sign-up. Anyway, last year some people were reportedly DQ'd for using a different e-mail address than they used with prior sites, so people like me that had used several e-mails were reluctant to even try an I-Deal site again.

I have recently been advised that as long as your personal information is consistent and valid, and you aren't otherwise suspected of attempted fraud (such as by signing up for the same site more than once with a different e-mail), that you would not be DQ'd for using a different e-mail address at each site (the e-mail must be valid, of course). This despite some of their sites' TOS being worded to imply that you can only use one e-mail address across all I-Deal sites. I was told I could share this information with the forum, so I'm doing so now.

Note that I'm strictly relaying what I was told by an I-Deal rep, so don't blame me if you get different results. Take it up with their Customer Support if you have questions or concerns about your specific account.

Also, without going into too much gory detail, I want to clarify some of what went on over the last week or so with regards to ContactMolly's controversial "poll" topic about DRay and the subsequent flame-fest that ensued. I have it on good faith that the poll itself, and some of the follow-up posts from the ContactMolly account, were not all made by Molly herself. I-Deal does in fact have more people than Molly handling Customer Service, and I've learned that they are likely sharing the forum account. I just wanted you to be aware, that should Molly or another representative decide to revisit the forum and post again, it might not necessarily be her.

We are certainly hoping that we can maintain a working relationship with I-Deal representatives here on the forum, and are reaching out to them in that regard. However, if they do decide to maintain a presence here, everyone must realize that it would be in a general support role and not one of individual account support. Much like Trainn-Alan's presence here -- he answers questions about Trainn issues in general, but does not provide personal account support outside of their support ticket system. I-Deal should be treated the same way, should they decide to hang their hat at FiPG. One of the biggest problem Molly has with being here is that as soon as she posts something, her PM box is inundated with account support requests. Their system cannot record and track customer service requests handled through FiPG's PM system, therefore no assistance can be provided here for specific accounts. You MUST go through their support ticket system, or else we run the risk of losing any I-Deal presence here at all.

There are many of us here who have had great success with I-Deal, and it's apparent from my conversations with them that despite forum members as a rule being a major pain in their backside (as "professional" freebie enthusiasts), they are not trying to shut us out of their network. They could take steps to do so if they really wanted, and they certainly wouldn't be coming here to post answers and provide assistance if that were the case. So if we can all cooperate here and maintain a positive attitude on the forums, we might all get better service as a group. That's not to say you can't complain about something -- by all means, continue to share both positive and negative experiences with I-Deal or any other freebie site -- but do so in a professional, mature manner and don't get personal. Coming across like an arrogant jerk with a sense of entitlement is not going to help you or anyone else, it can only hurt.

bruman

19-06-2008 12:55:20

Good post, thanks for the info.

chewy

19-06-2008 14:04:25

i agree with you. if molly or any other rep from ideal was to post more frequently than she ever did she wouldnt be flooded with pm's all at once

hum1m9e8r8b

19-06-2008 16:02:14

if she comes here and posts at all i think we should be happy about that and not give here pms (pun intended)

wiebelhaus03

19-06-2008 16:16:05

haha

mookieb2

19-06-2008 16:55:03

Good Job Dmorris, thanks for your post.

ashilef

20-06-2008 01:20:03

Thanks for the info, but there is still no explanation as to why they reply to [iec039b9fd9]some[/iec039b9fd9] support tickets and not others. If Netblue and Nuitech can respond to every email they receive (even if they do take a few days to respond) I-deal shouldn't be any different.

zr2152

23-06-2008 12:33:41

[quoted145fc7fd0="ashilef"]Thanks for the info, but there is still no explanation as to why they reply to [id145fc7fd0]some[/id145fc7fd0] support tickets and not others. If Netblue and Nuitech can respond to every email they receive (even if they do take a few days to respond) I-deal shouldn't be any different.[/quoted145fc7fd0]

Just because they dont respond within a day doesn't mean they are ignoring us. If you ever look at the thread number of your ticket, it is very large. I have sent a ticket one week and then another a week later and the number grew by almost 6000 meaning they get a TON of tickets.

Sometimes I don't get a response for 5 days. They say in their TOS to contact them again if you are not responded to in 5 business days.

Patience is a virtue.

ashilef

23-06-2008 23:57:38

[quote020f6384d9="zr2152"][quote020f6384d9="ashilef"]Thanks for the info, but there is still no explanation as to why they reply to [i020f6384d9]some[/i020f6384d9] support tickets and not others. If Netblue and Nuitech can respond to every email they receive (even if they do take a few days to respond) I-deal shouldn't be any different.[/quote020f6384d9]

Just because they dont respond within a day doesn't mean they are ignoring us. If you ever look at the thread number of your ticket, it is very large. I have sent a ticket one week and then another a week later and the number grew by almost 6000 meaning they get a TON of tickets.

Sometimes I don't get a response for 5 days. They say in their TOS to contact them again if you are not responded to in 5 business days.

Patience is a virtue.[/quote020f6384d9]

I understand all that, but that wasn't my point. I'm pretty sure NT and Netblue get a ton of email too. My point is that they respond to EVERYBODY even it if does take a few days... Ideal...does not.

zr2152

24-06-2008 21:34:35

[quote487a801a31="ashilef"][quote487a801a31="zr2152"][quote487a801a31="ashilef"]Thanks for the info, but there is still no explanation as to why they reply to [i487a801a31]some[/i487a801a31] support tickets and not others. If Netblue and Nuitech can respond to every email they receive (even if they do take a few days to respond) I-deal shouldn't be any different.[/quote487a801a31]

Patience is a virtue.[/quote487a801a31]

I understand all that, but that wasn't my point. I'm pretty sure NT and Netblue get a ton of email too. My point is that they respond to EVERYBODY even it if does take a few days... Ideal...does not.[/quote487a801a31]

If you don't like their CS then don't do their sites.

No, they do not get as many emails as ideal

steveyankee

25-06-2008 07:16:11

[quote260feabeba="zr2152"][quote260feabeba="ashilef"][quote260feabeba="zr2152"][quote260feabeba="ashilef"]Thanks for the info, but there is still no explanation as to why they reply to [i260feabeba]some[/i260feabeba] support tickets and not others. If Netblue and Nuitech can respond to every email they receive (even if they do take a few days to respond) I-deal shouldn't be any different.[/quote260feabeba]

Patience is a virtue.[/quote260feabeba]

I understand all that, but that wasn't my point. I'm pretty sure NT and Netblue get a ton of email too. My point is that they respond to EVERYBODY even it if does take a few days... Ideal...does not.[/quote260feabeba]

No, they do not get as many emails as ideal[/quote260feabeba]

Oh yeah? Link to a graph in which you can prove Ideal gets more?

I have never seen anyone suck up to Ideal as much as you do.

ashilef

25-06-2008 16:31:07

[quotee464371c79="zr2152"][quotee464371c79="ashilef"][quotee464371c79="zr2152"][quotee464371c79="ashilef"]Thanks for the info, but there is still no explanation as to why they reply to [ie464371c79]some[/ie464371c79] support tickets and not others. If Netblue and Nuitech can respond to every email they receive (even if they do take a few days to respond) I-deal shouldn't be any different.[/quotee464371c79]

Patience is a virtue.[/quotee464371c79]

I understand all that, but that wasn't my point. I'm pretty sure NT and Netblue get a ton of email too. My point is that they respond to EVERYBODY even it if does take a few days... Ideal...does not.[/quotee464371c79]

No, they do not get as many emails as ideal[/quotee464371c79]

How do you know that? You work for NT or Netblue? roll

doylnea

25-06-2008 18:29:18

listen asshats, if you fight in this thread, of all threads, I'm banning everyone.

TryinToGetPaid

25-06-2008 18:53:46

I doubt it.....you can ban me though, only for a day or I might cry....

zr2152

26-06-2008 11:13:05

Wow im gone for one day or so and I get my ass handed to me.

First off, you guys need to take a freaking chill pill (not you D or TTGP). I was simply stating my opinion. You (ashleif) cannot expect every company to have the same work performance as other companies. Yes, it is a little bit sucky that we sometimes have to wait a few days for a response even though sometimes they respond immediately. I simply said, if you don't like their work skills, do not do the sites, it's simple.

Steevie,

I do not need to link you to a graph for anything. I-Deal is Value Click, one of the biggest online marketing companies of its kind. I'm not sure where NT and YF direct rank but I doubt it is up there with I-Deal. If I am wrong then I am wrong, no doubts about it.

My confidence in I-Deal has only gotten stronger over the past months or so due to the recent fallout of YF Direct and the past fallout of NT. I am confident that I-Deal will not dissipate into the dark like these other companies.

In conclusion, my philosophy on the subject of the size of I-deal compared to other companies derives from my discoveries point out in this post.

So please please get off my ass and realize that I have no reason to suck up to anyone, especially I-Deal

doylnea

26-06-2008 11:45:54

[quotef48b9abf5e="TryinToGetPaid"]I doubt it.....you can ban me though, only for a day or I might cry....[/quotef48b9abf5e]

Ok, how's 7 days? Anyone else want to try me?