I-Deal Help!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=75480

rustvyper

03-05-2008 12:59:27

I've done multiple NuiTech, YFD, etc other sites. Did my first I-deal site for a $500 lowes card back in december...
Everything went fine & this is the last communications I had with them

----- Original Message -----
From "Customer Service" <contactus>
To <yahoo>
Sent Tuesday, December 18, 2007 232 PM
Subject [orders] RE Consumer-ResearchBureau.com customer service request (Thread53929)

> You have been approved by the sponsor(s). Your redemption certificate was
> processed on Dec 18 2007 1118AM. Your free gift will be mailed out within 6
> to 8 weeks of the processing date.

Shortly after that, I left for an all-paid vacation to the desert via uncle Sam. I just got back a few weeks ago & no lowes card! Consumer Research Bureau is no more & they won't return emails or call to i-deal's 800#. HELP!
Any suggestions?
this site was registered under the inner concepts name. I tired calling that number, but the mail-box was full. This would be the only 2nd freebie I've ever lost. The 1st was a legit scam, but i-deal seems to pay out to most folks. Help?!

zr2152

03-05-2008 13:03:30

try emailing them at

contactusliatliexpertcustomerservice.com

The only thing you can do it keep emailing them.

dmorris68

03-05-2008 13:36:18

Was sombody collecting your mail? Are you sure they were sending GC's and not checks, as they often do? If they sent a check, then it should have been collected with your mail. Otherwise, perhaps it hasn't shipped yet.

Since your forms were processed and you were approved, you most likely would get it, unless they DQ'd you after that. Just keep e-mailing them, but remain polite and level-headed. Phoning won't do you any good, it never does with I-Deal.

rustvyper

03-05-2008 13:40:55

yep, tried the email address you gave. Thanks though.
No luck, no replies, no emails telling me I'd been DQ'd. NOTHING! it's really strange.
Also, yes, my wife was collecting the mail. she's a freebie expert too, so she knew what to look for. it's really kind of odd. I'll keep it up for another week or 2. I really wanted to resolve this at a low level, but I'll put in a JAG/BBB complaint if I need to. Nothing makes companies usually green up quicker than publicity that they are screwing deployed soliders. Thanks guys.

dmorris68

03-05-2008 13:42:18

Thanks for your service, btw. ;)

GW1 vet here, 3/2 ACR. Hooah!

rustvyper

14-05-2008 16:02:12

well, i-deal doesn't want to play ball. Won't even give me a courtesy DQ'd! I just filled a BBB complain against them. We'll see if that get results. If not I'll have my JAG office mail them a letter. I can't imagine they'll want to go to the mat over a $500 lowes GC, but who knows? No skin off my nose. I'll get my $500 out of 'em even if I never see a dime! twisted

zr2152

14-05-2008 18:13:06

[quoted664d8b25f="rustvyper"]well, i-deal doesn't want to play ball. Won't even give me a courtesy DQ'd! I just filled a BBB complain against them. We'll see if that get results. If not I'll have my JAG office mail them a letter. I can't imagine they'll want to go to the mat over a $500 lowes GC, but who knows? No skin off my nose. I'll get my $500 out of 'em even if I never see a dime! twisted[/quoted664d8b25f]

BBB complaint won't do anything.

tylerc

14-05-2008 19:14:15

[quote63c78a8895="rustvyper"]well, i-deal doesn't want to play ball. Won't even give me a courtesy DQ'd! I just filled a BBB complain against them. We'll see if that get results. If not I'll have my JAG office mail them a letter. I can't imagine they'll want to go to the mat over a $500 lowes GC, but who knows? No skin off my nose. I'll get my $500 out of 'em even if I never see a dime! twisted[/quote63c78a8895]

How are you planning to get it, even if you don't see any of it? ?

rustvyper

14-05-2008 19:30:19

because even if I never see a dime, I'll make sure that they spend far more than $500 in lost time, & legal stuff than if they had just paid when they said they were going to.

zr2152

15-05-2008 07:42:06

I bet you wont.

tylerc

15-05-2008 07:45:30

sorry this happened bro

DRay9911

15-05-2008 08:54:12

i wouldn't suggest the BBB or the JAG, but if you kept all of your confirmation/approval e-mails from the site, i'd look into the Illinois AG.

it's one thing for them to blow most of us off, then lie when they say they're looking into the issue, then respond with double-talk only to say "this case is closed" when they are caught in their lies because they are petty and can't be adult-enough to give you an actual reason...but it kinda sucks they can't even take the time to respond with a few complete sentences to someone in the military.

lisince we all know you're reading this, at least have the common courtesy to send the guy a PM.li

-dan

ashilef

15-05-2008 08:55:03

[quote727a7206b3="tylerc"]While you did get screwed, I would recommend cutting your losses now, because you won't get your gift, regardless of you contacting the BBB or not.[/quote727a7206b3]

I believe he's contacting some other people besides the BBB...I'm interested in seeing how this all turns out.

rustvyper

15-05-2008 13:48:04

yeah, I'd say my chances are less than 50% that I'll see a dime, but it's the principle of the matter. Every staffer they have to task to deal with me, every legal summons they have to answer is $ they didn't have to spend. It won't take long to go over the $500 they owed.

What I think is so weird is that they tell me I'm confirmed to ship & then it's like they dropped off the face of the earth! What's even more ironic that this was my first I-deal site ever. I've gotten litterally thousands of dollars + from YFD, Nuitech, freepay & the like. If anyone had a case, it'd be those companies, not ideal.
oh well.

freeipodplayer

16-05-2008 08:19:29

[quote989e9911de="rustvyper"]yeah, I'd say my chances are less than 50% that I'll see a dime, but it's the principle of the matter. Every staffer they have to task to deal with me, every legal summons they have to answer is $ they didn't have to spend. It won't take long to go over the $500 they owed.

What I think is so weird is that they tell me I'm confirmed to ship & then it's like they dropped off the face of the earth! What's even more ironic that this was my first I-deal site ever. I've gotten litterally thousands of dollars + from YFD, Nuitech, freepay & the like. If anyone had a case, it'd be those companies, not ideal.
oh well.[/quote989e9911de]

3 words. Small Claims Court. I already had to deal with Ideal about this in the past.

rustvyper

16-05-2008 11:43:27

Yeah I had to deal with freepay like this in the past. At least the communicated with me though & told me I was DQ'd. It was totally bogus, but at least they didn't ignore me. They tried to act all hard, but soon as they got a summons letter magically I had 1400 in amazon credit the next morning. It literally came in 2 hours after I got the email confirmation on the certified letter from USPS. It was kinda funny.