For those who have been doing this for a while...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=73462

ashilef

01-02-2008 17:01:45

I have a question.

When you first started doing sites for gifts, did you tell anyone about it? And if you did, did they automatically assume you were gonna get scammed?

When you finally got your gift what was their reaction?

This is just something I've always been curious about.

The only person who knows I'm doing this is my husband...but even he is a little skeptical about it, I can't wait to see his face though when I get my laptop. twisted

manOFice

01-02-2008 17:06:41

I tell people all the time... they say it's a scam... I say look at my tvs... they still say scam... screw em' ....lol

beammeup4

01-02-2008 17:26:16

I started back when freeipods.com was legit.

Then I got sick of nagging people to sign up.

I think yourfreegiftcards.com was the first DIY site I did, and once I got my gift, everything just took off from there.

Most people think it's a scam, but they're shocked when I tell them that most of the technology I'm using right now was from DIY sites. Usually I show them how such sites are run, to which they usually reply it's too much work and takes too long

maverik

01-02-2008 17:29:14

Overall reaction is "WTF? You believe that crap? [uc7c495a2a0]&[/uc7c495a2a0] you want more spam?

ashilef

01-02-2008 17:34:55

haha, how can people still think it's a scam if you actually got your gift??? I would think that after seeing one of my friends actually get something for practically free I'd wanna get in on that free lunch too!

orangejuice

01-02-2008 17:58:39

Ha ha, at first people were like WOW. Most of my friends in high school are making 10 bucks an hour if that and here I was pulling $2000 from NuiTechs "Automotive-Offer" site like it was out of thin air. $2000 takes them like 200 hours of dead-end work to make that kind of money.

Now with the longer waits for stuff some people think its a scam. Only people like us actually know better.

bogey523

01-02-2008 18:13:59

Yeah, the only person that knows is my mom. I still haven't told my boyfriend about it. Don't know what I'm going to say when NT ships my laptop, lol. I guess someday I might have to tell him exactly how it was got. lol

ashilef

01-02-2008 18:25:58

[quote4ce9704379="bogey523"]Yeah, the only person that knows is my mom. I still haven't told my boyfriend about it. Don't know what I'm going to say when NT ships my laptop, lol. I guess someday I might have to tell him exactly how it was got. lol[/quote4ce9704379]

it's nice to see another girl )

I know women do these to but I've noticed that most of the people on the freebie boards who post are men. For a while when I was first researching I thought only men did these sites. Except at FLR it is mostly woman over there.

bennyboy5768

01-02-2008 19:00:49

I usually get responses like "Ill pay you $20 if you do it for me" and they usually get the "use that $20 and do it yourself" from me. Nearly everything over about $100 that I own i've gotten for free, its a fabulous lifestyle. )

zr2152

02-02-2008 02:06:58

same here. My friends still think it is a scam and no matter how much I explain it to them, they still dont get it.

I was even skeptical at first.

bogey523

02-02-2008 06:16:22

[quote5d3eff1d22="ashilef"][quote5d3eff1d22="bogey523"]Yeah, the only person that knows is my mom. I still haven't told my boyfriend about it. Don't know what I'm going to say when NT ships my laptop, lol. I guess someday I might have to tell him exactly how it was got. lol[/quote5d3eff1d22]

I know women do these to but I've noticed that most of the people on the freebie boards who post are men. For a while when I was first researching I thought only men did these sites. Except at FLR it is mostly woman over there.[/quote5d3eff1d22]

Yeah, another girl!! 8)

I started with a $50 gift card, and I've gotten lots of stuff in the past few years. I've retired countless times, but keep coming back (usually in winter when I don't have anything better to do). People are very skeptical, so I don't tell them. I don't think that I will ever tell the boyfriend, even if we do get married. I'm in semi-retirement now, only finishing up a laptop and maybe one or two other sites.

ashilef

02-02-2008 08:28:47

[quote99810e6fab="bogey523"][quote99810e6fab="ashilef"][quote99810e6fab="bogey523"]Yeah, the only person that knows is my mom. I still haven't told my boyfriend about it. Don't know what I'm going to say when NT ships my laptop, lol. I guess someday I might have to tell him exactly how it was got. lol[/quote99810e6fab]

I know women do these to but I've noticed that most of the people on the freebie boards who post are men. For a while when I was first researching I thought only men did these sites. Except at FLR it is mostly woman over there.[/quote99810e6fab]

Yeah, another girl!! 8)

I started with a $50 gift card, and I've gotten lots of stuff in the past few years. I've retired countless times, but keep coming back (usually in winter when I don't have anything better to do). People are very skeptical, so I don't tell them. I don't think that I will ever tell the boyfriend, even if we do get married. I'm in semi-retirement now, only finishing up a laptop and maybe one or two other sites.[/quote99810e6fab]

See, you are better than me. When I discover something that I'm really excited about I have to tell everbody lol. Hubby isn't as skeptical as he was in the beginning. When I started showing him pics of all the loot that ppl got he began to become a little more enthusiastic. Also he's like my guinea pig for all the offers I tried...well except the makeup trial lol

RolltheStampede

02-02-2008 09:27:38

When i first started everyone was saying its a scam and that stuff doesnt work but they start believing when you show them all the free stuff you got. I still have freinds who think it is skeptical. What gets me is that some people are too lazy to do some of the simple stuff. I had one friend do a ps3 from gadget city. HE sat on needing manual credit for like 2 months. i gave him all the stuff he needed and all he had to do was fax the forms in. he finally did it after a long time but most people are just lazy.
I have hook a few friends up over time for christmas and such. One year i got all my friends ipods from yfd.
Over all not a bad way to make an extra buck.

tiffrnwhitney

02-02-2008 09:30:18

Just wanted to post since I am female, LOL. I actually got my mother-in-law started. At first they would say these things are a scam. I walked in with a $2000 gift card and they started to beleive, and the 2 plasmas in my home helped to convince them too!!! D

ashilef

02-02-2008 10:59:31

These sites are definitely not for everyone. There are two things you must be able to do and that is have patience and being very organized.

Most people like instant satisfaction, and you won't get that with these sites.

You also have to have the extra money to invest too.

I really wish I had jumped on these when they were easier to do. But it's ok, just have to wait a little longer to get my prize...I don't mind )

gochise

02-02-2008 15:04:33

Well, here's what people say to me

Friends What? You mean all those annoying flash ads that scream "Get Your TV Free" These are scams for sure!
Me Yeah, many of them are scams, but if you know where to look, there are some legits ones out there!

Parents Why are you wasting your time on this, it's pointless!
Me I don't spend much time on this, probably 20 minutes for one gift and i make >$500, not a bad ROI.

After receiving my gifts, parents and friends are surprised, but still skeptical because it's not exactly free + need to wait months + got to keep track of everything + canceling things +giving your info....too much of a pain for them.

orangejuice

02-02-2008 15:29:20

No more of a pain than working 40 hrs a week. ive never worked minimum wage, but when ppl i know that do, scream "scam", i just thing man, you are missing out. lol. But then again, that is more $$ available for people like us.

ashilef

02-02-2008 17:06:51

[quotef000dcd7e8="orangejuice"]No more of a pain than working 40 hrs a week. ive never worked minimum wage, but when ppl i know that do, scream "scam", i just thing man, you are missing out. lol. But then again, that is more $$ available for people like us.[/quotef000dcd7e8]

my thoughts exactly!!! Of course I'll let my family in on the secret but everyone else can just keep thinking whatever they want.