??? Received check from I-Deal Direct Interactive for $500

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=72304

appleofmyeye08

19-12-2007 17:04:41

is it legit and safe to cash? I believe its for the $500 Macy's gift card that I did however, I never sent in my confirmation papers!! I called Wachovia (sp??) and they did a check on the account number and said the account is in good standing.

Is it safe to cash??

Thanks for all your help
Jen

manOFice

19-12-2007 17:09:31

uhh... cash that bitch

bruman

19-12-2007 17:11:45

It's GOOD. G double O D good.

slambam

19-12-2007 20:41:39

I work at a credit union and I think that if you don't need the money right now and you are questioning it, it wouldn't hurt to ask that a hold be put on it. Most banks/CU's will let you cash it as long as you have matching funds in your account, but if you don't have that much in your account, it would be up to the tellers on whether to cash it or put a hold on it. But if Wachovia said all is good I don't think I'd ask for a hold.

madmanx33

20-12-2007 00:28:46

Honestly wtf kind of a question is that!?

heather77

20-12-2007 02:03:43

The first time I did an Ideal ste, I only got one referral and I gave up (it was for a laptop). I felt bad, too, like I wasted my money... Anyhoo, like 6 months later I got a surprise $900 check. I was so shocked that I assumed it must be from some scam out of Nigeria or something so I didn't want to put it in my bank account, but I high-tailed it to my local check cashing place and sure enough, it was real and I cashed it with no problems. The funny thing is I think it might have been a mistake because I never sent in any certificates or W9 or anything...
But it was in my name and everything so I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, even though it was for less than the price of the laptop.

manOFice

20-12-2007 04:58:51

[quote75c3f146d7="madmanx33"]Honestly wtf kind of a question is that!?[/quote75c3f146d7]

appleofmyeye08

20-12-2007 05:32:03

[quote2b36afb1bf="heather77"]The first time I did an Ideal ste, I only got one referral and I gave up (it was for a laptop). I felt bad, too, like I wasted my money... Anyhoo, like 6 months later I got a surprise $900 check. I was so shocked that I assumed it must be from some scam out of Nigeria or something so I didn't want to put it in my bank account, but I high-tailed it to my local check cashing place and sure enough, it was real and I cashed it with no problems. The funny thing is I think it might have been a mistake because I never sent in any certificates or W9 or anything...
But it was in my name and everything so I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, even though it was for less than the price of the laptop.[/quote2b36afb1bf]

Heather, Thanks for your answer! That is the exact same situation I am in. I never sent in my confirmation papers and here I have a $500 check. Needless to say I almost threw it away thinking it was something for a car dealer, like save $500 on the price of your car with this check.

I opened it anyways and thought of the scam because I never sent in the papers. $500 scam check could really mess my family up and I do not need that now. So that is why I covered my bases and called the bank and asked on here.

Jen