Small claims court -- HELP!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68595

cannmj

24-08-2007 13:21:45

Has anyone ever filed a case in small claims court to receive a gift from a freebie company? It is a VERY long and complicated matter but I am getting ready to file a case against an I-deal direct affiliate after MANY attempts to contact them through email, PM, and the BBB. I have exhausted all of my other options and do not believe they should get away with not giving me my gift. If ANYONE has experience with this type of thing I would love to talk to you!

Thanks,
Mike

bruman

24-08-2007 13:33:38

[quote42485a1897="cannmj"]Has anyone ever filed a case in small claims court to receive a gift from a freebie company? It is a VERY long and complicated matter but I am getting ready to file a case against an I-deal direct affiliate after MANY attempts to contact them through email, PM, and the BBB. I have exhausted all of my other options and do not believe they should get away with not giving me my gift. If ANYONE has experience with this type of thing I would love to talk to you!

Thanks,
Mike[/quote42485a1897]

What happened?

manOFice

24-08-2007 13:55:33

What time frame are we looking at with your problems? What dba too?

cannmj

25-08-2007 09:39:26

It's a very complicated situation and I believe a first for this board -- it's more than just not receiving the gift. I will PM you with the details Bruman if you think you might have some advice or help. The DBA is Direct to Consumer Interactive. The first email I sent to them about a problem was the beginning of June.

manOFice

25-08-2007 09:46:30

How is it more complicated than not receiving a gift?

DIABLO

25-08-2007 10:06:06

Stop acting all secret, just post here.

bruman

25-08-2007 11:49:22

[quote2f165e5c4c="cannmj"]It's a very complicated situation and I believe a first for this board -- it's more than just not receiving the gift. I will PM you with the details Bruman if you think you might have some advice or help. The DBA is Direct to Consumer Interactive. The first email I sent to them about a problem was the beginning of June.[/quote2f165e5c4c]

Sure.. PM me.

benedict

26-08-2007 00:13:47

Same thing happened to me but I have been too busy to deal with them. I dont know how much I spent on that site but I'm sure it was over $100+. I did 24 offers total and they only credited 6 of my offers. I contacted them numerous times and replied with generic messages. In addition, they wouldn't manually approve my offers which is pretty shady in my opinion. I have my CC statements and email confirmations. I willing to represent you somehow.

madmanx33

26-08-2007 01:20:28

I did 10 offers last time and they credited me just fine. I have done another ideal site before this and also credited just fine.

I think you people that only get 6 credited are not doing it right

dmorris68

26-08-2007 10:12:52

benedict, 6 out of 24 crediting is a sign of a major problem, most likely on your end.

DOYD had a system problem that affected crediting for most people. I-Deal was aware of it and manually processed a lot of folks. However I've not heard of another of their sites with the same issue, and unless there was widespread problems with the site you completed (where most other people never received credit, as with DOYD) then it HAS to a problem with how you completed the site. 6 of 24 is terribly bad, I don't believe I've heard nor experienced more than maybe 3-4 offers failing to credit on any given I-Deal site (with the exception of DOYD).

The other thing I'm wondering is why on earth you'd complete 24 offers on a single site anyway? That's an absurd amount of offers to be completing when you're having problems getting them to credit. Why would you think the next 14 offers would credit when, say, 4 of the last 10 did not? I know it's tough to let a gift go, but you should have read enough about I-Deal here to know they're legit and that you'd be wasting a huge number of offers that you could have used on another site.

I'd chalk that up to your inexperience with I-Deal or offer completions in general and move on. I-Deal is legit, they can just be a bit rough around the edges sometimes. You have to know how to work with them.

mistertomlinson

26-08-2007 13:38:33

If it helps, a friend of mine did their nano site (6 offers). He did 6 offers (correctly), waited the amount of time in a accordance to the crediting cycle and not a single one credited. So, he actually completed 6 MORE replacements. Didn't credit... he had to send a couple of emails to I Deal to have his account manually processed.