What are the odds this is legit?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=65668

slambam

01-07-2007 01:09:39

I was googling around, and found the site below. It says "See for yourself – just complete any three offers for your free Plasma TV! Complete any four offers for your free Plasma TV and $500 cash. We will receive confirmation via email from the selected sponsors that you have completed their offers." I saw that and thought all offers would be the worst OOD's. They are

Columbia House
BlockBuster
Gotta Play
Wild Blue
American Express
Vonage
Stamps.com
TrimLife
Super Foods RX
Cigarrest
Shutterfly
Diet.com
GameFly
Comcast
USA Today Sports Weekly
Hughes Net
Jillian Michael Diet
South Beach Diet
Assurant Health
Verizon

Not very dificult offers. Thoughts? Seems too good to be true.

http//www.freeplasmarewards.com/

climed

01-07-2007 02:38:34

The site looks very ghetto. lol They didn't do a very good job of photoshopping the tv onto the background picture. lol They also stole some of the stuuf from the top part and the bottom with the black background from a ProductTestPanel site. For some reason their kind of blurry lol

I would avoid this site like the plague.

ILoveToys

01-07-2007 07:36:16

I get a dead site....I can't even click anything if I wanted to or give them my email address

EDIT got it to work in IE. Here is the whois on the site. Looks like it just went up

[quote800080302f]Registrant
steve smith
435 west 168th
pine cone, Maine 44324
United States

Registered through GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http//www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name FREEPLASMAREWARDS.COM
Created on 28-Jun-07
Expires on 28-Jun-08
Last Updated on 28-Jun-07

Administrative Contact
smith, steve email==laptop38@msn.comlaptop38@msn.com=laptop38@msn.comlaptop38@msn.com/email
435 west 168th
pine cone, Maine 44324
United States

Technical Contact
smith, steve email==laptop38@msn.comlaptop38@msn.com=laptop38@msn.comlaptop38@msn.com/email
435 west 168th
pine cone, Maine 44324
United States

Domain servers in listed order
NS57.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS58.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status clientUpdateProhibited
Registry Status clientDeleteProhibited[/quote800080302f]

tml09

01-07-2007 11:35:31

It doesnt look to professional. Im willing to try it -)

dmorris68

01-07-2007 13:33:44

I signed up just to check it out. The offers are your typical $40-$50 payout offers, just like I-Deal and most ref sites. There is NO WAY they can afford to give away a 58" Plasma for 3 offers, or an additional $500 for one extra offer. Just doesn't make sense. I smell scam. At the least they're banking on a VERY high breakage rate (like 201 or something).

slambam

01-07-2007 13:43:11

[quote1633cc1eea="dmorris68"]I signed up just to check it out. The offers are your typical $40-$50 payout offers, just like I-Deal and most ref sites. There is NO WAY they can afford to give away a 58" Plasma for 3 offers, or an additional $500 for one extra offer. Just doesn't make sense. I smell scam. At the least they're banking on a VERY high breakage rate (like 201 or something).[/quote1633cc1eea]

Thats what I thought when I saw it. I thought about trying it, just to see, but I just don't know.

at4f

01-07-2007 16:20:55

the terms and conditions

The contest will officially end on the thirty first day of December in the year of two thousand and seven. Subject to a minimum number of entrants, thereby we reserve the right to amend the deadline if the number of entrants does not meet the quota set fourth by management. We will select the prize winner by randomly choosing one email address from the total pool of entrants. We will notify the randomly selected winner via email. Gifts will be sent within two weeks after the winner is chosen. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.

dmorris68

01-07-2007 17:34:09

[quoted4785d58b8="at4f"]the terms and conditions

The contest will officially end on the thirty first day of December in the year of two thousand and seven. Subject to a minimum number of entrants, thereby we reserve the right to amend the deadline if the number of entrants does not meet the quota set fourth by management. We will select the prize winner by randomly choosing one email address from the total pool of entrants. We will notify the randomly selected winner via email. Gifts will be sent within two weeks after the winner is chosen. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.[/quoted4785d58b8]
Ah, that explains it then. I looked at the terms but they were so poorly formatted (one big run-on paragraph) that I got a headache trying to read it. Completely glossed over that, apparently. Way to misrepresent a freebie site, losers!

madmanx33

01-07-2007 23:39:11

This site is bullshit
I just signed up to look at it and i took a look at the offers page. I dont think there is a way of them tracking you. the link goes directly to the affiliate site without any user tracking information

Killer722

01-07-2007 23:56:32

Yea, the url is www.freeplasmarewards.com but on the bottom of the site it says its www.Myfreeplasmarewards.com. Good job. lol

climed

02-07-2007 00:01:59

So anyone going to try it? lol

cubbieco

02-07-2007 00:05:19

[quote897bb94c89="climed"]So anyone going to try it? lol[/quote897bb94c89]

I'll wait for you to finish and report back... lol

RolltheStampede

23-07-2007 14:33:21

didi anyone read the terms, you do offers to be entered in a drawing. and there is no tellin when if ever they will do the drawing since its all up to them.

manOFice

23-07-2007 15:01:04

[quote3c18fb9737="RolltheStampede"]didi anyone read the terms, you do offers to be entered in a drawing. and there is no tellin when if ever they will do the drawing since its all up to them.[/quote3c18fb9737]

LOL, I caught that, I pass

kidd2108

23-07-2007 18:23:09

http//laptopreportcard.com/index.new.php?lid=lrc_3074_crushhm&add_offerid=4453466&addomain=jp1.sb01.com

caught that in my spam box. I dont know if its a ref link.

RolltheStampede

24-07-2007 06:36:50

i doubt its a referral link but its run buy the same people that run producttestpanel so you still have the same horrible OODs