You Don't Need To Like Me To File A Complaint Against I-Deal

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=38616

icojones

03-05-2006 17:14:05

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about me, I want to remind everyone that filing a complaint with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office is probably the most effective way to get your complaint heard. The BBB is a great organization, but they have no power over I-Deal, and I-Deal couldn't care less about negative remarks on the BBB file.

So if you feel you have been wronged, please file a complaint. If I-Deal is forced to pay out to every single person they have screwed over and I get nothing, I would still get a great deal of satisfaction seeing them make good on their promises.

You can file a complaint at this address

http//www.attorneygeneral.gov/complaints.aspx?id=451

The officially registered business names/addresses are

BULLSEYE MEDIA, INC.
213 MARKET ST
3RD FL
HARRISBURG PA 17101

and

I-DEAL DIRECT INTERACTIVE, INC.
213 MARKET ST 3RD FL
HARRISBURG PA 17101

Wolfeman

03-05-2006 17:19:41

rolleyes

williebeamin2000

03-05-2006 17:30:56

I'm filing onee right now

PsychoAU

03-05-2006 17:47:19

The lot of you just need to quit crying.

dmorris68

03-05-2006 18:08:54

It's not about liking you or not -- it isn't personal -- but I still don't get how you can make a big deal about filing a complaint for "getting screwed" by I-Deal after they DQ'd you for duplicating offers. Whether you realized it or not from their ToS, you know you were wrong to do it (it's wrong on ALL sites, everybody who does freebie sites should know this) and yet you continue to pursue complaints again this company.

I just don't get it.

icojones

03-05-2006 18:40:16

Yes, yes. We've covered this ground many times. Not important anymore. I just think people should complain if they feel that they were not treated fairly. I'll like to have someone who knows the law better than anyone on this forum decide which of us were treated fairly and unfairly.

Wolfeman

03-05-2006 18:42:20

[quote69f9049634="icojones"]Yes, yes. We've covered this ground many times. Not important anymore. I just think people should complain if they feel that they were not treated fairly. I'll like to have someone who knows the law better than anyone on this forum decide which of us were treated fairly and unfairly.[/quote69f9049634]
I robbed this store and they called the cops. I'm like WTF, don't try to put your rules on me...

TammyJoP

03-05-2006 19:04:09

[quote4d34bdefb8="Wolfeman"][quote4d34bdefb8="icojones"]Yes, yes. We've covered this ground many times. Not important anymore. I just think people should complain if they feel that they were not treated fairly. I'll like to have someone who knows the law better than anyone on this forum decide which of us were treated fairly and unfairly.[/quote4d34bdefb8]
I robbed this store and they called the cops. I'm like WTF, don't try to put your rules on me...[/quote4d34bdefb8]

LOL Too funny wolfeman

icojones

03-05-2006 19:41:51

[quote1d2d9da5a4="Wolfeman"][quote1d2d9da5a4="icojones"]Yes, yes. We've covered this ground many times. Not important anymore. I just think people should complain if they feel that they were not treated fairly. I'll like to have someone who knows the law better than anyone on this forum decide which of us were treated fairly and unfairly.[/quote1d2d9da5a4]
I robbed this store and they called the cops. I'm like WTF, don't try to put your rules on me...[/quote1d2d9da5a4]

Oy vey. The horse is dead people. What does any of this have to do with whether or not people should file complaints if they believe they were cheated?

PsychoAU

03-05-2006 20:28:40

[quotea51cd16be3="icojones"]Oy vey. The horse is dead people. What does any of this have to do with whether or not people should file complaints if they believe they were cheated?[/quotea51cd16be3]

Because you weren't cheated if you broke the rules. So back off of the witch hunt. I still haven't heard of anyone who was DQ'd who didn't break the rules.

Gigante

03-05-2006 21:18:39

I did not get my Plasma from YourChoiceReward, they will not respond to any attempt to contact, and I was not DQ'd.

Supacold

03-05-2006 21:24:38

i mailed my form to them and it was delivered as what ups said, but ideal never updated my account and now it has expired.
i will file a complaint if i dont heard anything from the letter i wrote to them.

jaydawg

04-05-2006 05:43:55

filed a complaint, was DQ'd for 'repeating offers'. I never repeated any (and none for different product from 'same sponsor'). They will/would not respond to any inquiries for further clarification on which offers, if any, I had repeated.

These guys are shady. Congrats to those of you who received your gift or otherwise compensated, but don't begrudge those of us that Ideal is trying to take advantage of.

igneous

04-05-2006 05:58:43

[quote7541272ca4="Supacold"]i mailed my form to them and it was delivered as what ups said, but ideal never updated my account and now it has expired.
i will file a complaint if i dont heard anything from the letter i wrote to them.[/quote7541272ca4]
Same happened to me on yourchoicereward

williebeamin2000

04-05-2006 07:44:39

My form was also delivered on the 1st of this month and then that screen came up for all of us saying that our time ran out or w/e even though it said that we had until th 5th, which isnt even here yet. So I was not Dq'ed and I still didnt recieve my plasma, I want it!!!!!!!

DRay9911

04-05-2006 08:10:58

Good Morning

Same thing happened to me - my 60 day mark was yesterday and I no longer have access to the site. The only proof I have are some e-mail confirmations and an outbound package detail from UPS that Blue Interactive received my information.

The terms and conditions were updated on 04/27, so someone is working on the site.

It's one thing to not receive the tv/check - but I think it's worse that this 'company' now has a stack of completed W9s.

-dan

[quote91fb33caac="igneous"][quote91fb33caac="Supacold"]i mailed my form to them and it was delivered as what ups said, but ideal never updated my account and now it has expired.
i will file a complaint if i dont heard anything from the letter i wrote to them.[/quote91fb33caac]
Same happened to me on yourchoicereward[/quote91fb33caac]

Supacold

04-05-2006 09:41:25

the only person that had his form approved was Gigante, but he never gottena anything from them after the 8 weeks. i'm not sure what to hope for anymore.

dmorris68

04-05-2006 09:44:25

[quote50f5627102="Supacold"]the only person that had his form approved was Gigante, but he never gottena anything from them after the 8 weeks. i'm not sure what to hope for anymore.[/quote50f5627102]
On which site? Lots of people, myself included, have approved forms on I-Deal sites. Lots of people just got TV's and checks from the CSC and LW sites last month.

doylnea

04-05-2006 10:30:48

[quotea894f13a01="Supacold"]the only person that had his form approved was Gigante, but he never gottena anything from them after the 8 weeks. i'm not sure what to hope for anymore.[/quotea894f13a01]

I'm post 8 weeks as well on FLW. They haven't responded to emails I've sent (upwards of 10 emails to them since 03/27).

chemlabrat

04-05-2006 10:40:37

I'm new to free site stuff, and this was my frist prize I went after. I had never done any of the offers before. Not on i-deal, not on anywhere. I did 11 offers of the required 8, and got approved for 8 of them in just under 1.5 weeks. My referral was approved for all 8 of his offers before I was approved for all of mine. So I had used up about 10 days of my 60 day time limit. I then printed the certificates and had them express shipped via USPS to the Blue Int. office so that they would be there the very next day before noon. Then I waited...and waited...I called and left voicemails, sent many emails, and was ignored. Finally, today I try to login to my account and my account no longer exists and I get a message saying that my account has expired. So for everyone saying that the reason this site is screwing people over is because the people participating are cheating, what do you have to say for my situation? I went straight by the book, crossed every t, dotted every i, and got screwed. That's enough to warrant a complaint to a higher authority in my opinion. The higher authority being whoever can influence a change in a company that is corrupt, whether that is the BBB or the district attourney. So I plan to follow through with the complaint.

crazyates

04-05-2006 11:02:38

so what did the people who got thier checks do special? what did they do to get thier money?

icojones

04-05-2006 14:51:16

I believe they were the fortunate beneficiaries/early adopters of a ponzi scheme. Paying out those few early people probably generated many thousands of dollars in payments from all the people who flocked to do the sites after word got out that people were really getting paid.

Wolfeman

04-05-2006 14:55:55

[quote0039e9f35c="icojones"]I believe they were the fortunate beneficiaries/early adopters of a ponzi scheme. Paying out those few early people probably generated many thousands of dollars in payments from all the people who flocked to do the sites after word got out that people were really getting paid.[/quote0039e9f35c]
LOL, now its a ponzi scheme...

doylnea

04-05-2006 16:00:12

[quoteccf2afb1a2="Wolfeman"][quoteccf2afb1a2="icojones"]I believe they were the fortunate beneficiaries/early adopters of a ponzi scheme. Paying out those few early people probably generated many thousands of dollars in payments from all the people who flocked to do the sites after word got out that people were really getting paid.[/quoteccf2afb1a2]
LOL, now its a ponzi scheme...[/quoteccf2afb1a2]Both of you guys need to go to your seperate corners and just ignore each other please.

Now, that said, I agree with Ico here. There's something not right about no-one getting even a single email response from I-Deal in quite a few weeks.

Wolfeman

04-05-2006 16:02:59

[quote99c288b056="doylnea"][quote99c288b056="Wolfeman"][quote99c288b056="icojones"]I believe they were the fortunate beneficiaries/early adopters of a ponzi scheme. Paying out those few early people probably generated many thousands of dollars in payments from all the people who flocked to do the sites after word got out that people were really getting paid.[/quote99c288b056]
LOL, now its a ponzi scheme...[/quote99c288b056]Both of you guys need to go to your seperate corners and just ignore each other please.

Now, that said, I agree with Ico here. There's something not right about no-one getting even a single email response from I-Deal in quite a few weeks.[/quote99c288b056]
I totally agree and I'm waiting on a check/plasma too. I have 0 problem with trying to get what you deserve and if they don't send my gift, I'll file a complaint myself. I just think its funny that the person that admited to violating their terms is leading the charge lol

dmorris68

04-05-2006 16:37:25

[quote5d7bf0719c="Wolfeman"]I totally agree and I'm waiting on a check/plasma too. I have 0 problem with trying to get what you deserve and if they don't send my gift, I'll file a complaint myself. I just think its funny that the person that admited to violating their terms is leading the charge lol[/quote5d7bf0719c]

Agree 100%. I'll be the first to stand up and complain loudly when 12 weeks have passed after my certs were approved and I still have nothing. But it's just hard to take ico seriously about this whole thing when he admittedly broke the rules and got DQ'd for it. So he's doing the rest of us a favor by pursuing a complaint for our benefit knowing that he himself was legitimately disqualified?

icojones

04-05-2006 19:15:46

Yes, I broke the rules (and I swear it was inadvertantly -- I gained no advantage by doing it -- there were other offers that were just as easy to do). The problem I have (and this is the part that many of you don't seem to read) is that the penalty for breaking the rules was clearly defined in the original terms & conditions that I agreed to. That penalty was clearly defined as not receiving credit for repeated offers.

However, the penalty I received was far more severe. The more restrictive penalty was only disclosed on a page that was not available to me before I signed up and put in a place (the status page) that was pretty likely to have not been visited before completing the offers. I believe that is a classic bait and switch.

Do I think I deserve a tv and watch based on the offers I complete? No.

Did I deserve the opportunity to do make-good offers? I believe, yes.

Does having people complain to the PA AG beenfit me? Maybe, if it puts some heat on I-deal and I get lumped in with other people. Maybe not.

I really do not think this is unreasonable.

icojones

04-05-2006 19:19:11

[quote0cc4336e05="Wolfeman"][quote0cc4336e05="icojones"]I believe they were the fortunate beneficiaries/early adopters of a ponzi scheme. Paying out those few early people probably generated many thousands of dollars in payments from all the people who flocked to do the sites after word got out that people were really getting paid.[/quote0cc4336e05]
LOL, now its a ponzi scheme...[/quote0cc4336e05]

A ponzi scheme is when early "investors" are paid out high returns on their investment in order to generate a critical mass of investment inflows -- which are never paid out.

That sounds exactly like what I-deal has done. A few early adopters got this great payoff. Other "investor" money flowed in based on the reports of those returns, and the second wave of investors haven't been paid out.

PsychoAU

04-05-2006 19:36:46

[quote479edad551="icojones"]Other "investor" money flowed in based on the reports of those returns, and the second wave of investors haven't been paid out.[/quote479edad551]

You mean the ones who didn't break the rules?

tjwor

04-05-2006 21:05:22

[quote1a52df3d93="PsychoAU"][quote1a52df3d93="icojones"]Other "investor" money flowed in based on the reports of those returns, and the second wave of investors haven't been paid out.[/quote1a52df3d93]

You mean the ones who didn't break the rules?[/quote1a52df3d93]

I Lol'ed +Karma!

MiamiTJ

05-05-2006 06:30:29

[b1e59810cb0]Hey icojones ???[/b1e59810cb0][/color1e59810cb0][/size1e59810cb0]

Why are you ignoring my PM's????

Your dealing with this issue at Ideal but you have me and several others waiting to see what happend on the 20th with PollPrize? Would you respond and let me know how it went because we were depending on you -- dont leave us hanging.

tjwor

05-05-2006 08:40:25

[quote0191be2eff="MiamiTJ"][b0191be2eff]Hey icojones ???[/b0191be2eff][/color0191be2eff][/size0191be2eff]

Your dealing with this issue at Ideal but you have me and several others waiting to see what happend on the 20th with PollPrize? Would you respond and let me know how it went because we were depending on you -- dont leave us hanging.[/quote0191be2eff]

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

dropitlikeitshizzot

05-05-2006 11:06:53

For what it's worth, I side with icojones.

icojones, if you need backup the armad.i.l.i.h. crew is at your disposal. Just take your shirt off and spin it like a helacopta, and we'll be on the scene.

hairyferry

05-05-2006 13:39:19

[quoteb25e0a1540="MiamiTJ"][bb25e0a1540]Hey icojones ???[/bb25e0a1540][/colorb25e0a1540][/sizeb25e0a1540]

Your dealing with this issue at Ideal but you have me and several others waiting to see what happend on the 20th with PollPrize? Would you respond and let me know how it went because we were depending on you -- dont leave us hanging.[/quoteb25e0a1540]

Yeah why are you ignoring him??

JUNIOR6886

05-05-2006 14:03:55

He recieved a partial settelment and is not allowed to disclose exactly how much he got from brandarama unless he will lose the ammount of money they gave him

hairyferry

05-05-2006 14:11:04

how can you lose it if you already have it?

dmorris68

05-05-2006 14:18:39

If it was court-ordered gag, the court can take the money back, hold him in contempt, etc. if he violates the order.

But that seems unusual for a small claims case. There should be a public record of the case and adjudication, which would indicate if the settlement was gagged. Anybody care to do the legwork to dig it up?

icojones

05-05-2006 14:59:01

Sorry -- I thought I had answered you. The case was never heard in the small claims court and I am unable to discuss any details of the resolution.

MiamiTJ

05-05-2006 15:23:30

[quote0221d41ae3="icojones"]Sorry -- I thought I had answered you. The case was never heard in the small claims court and I am unable to discuss any details of the resolution.[/quote0221d41ae3]

Thats all I needed to know --- Thx ...

ZeroCalories

05-05-2006 22:10:04

BullSh!T, I'm sorry but icojones is full of sh!t, I don't buy his "I thought I answered" for a fuc%ing minute!!! Yeah Fuc%ing Right! I am so fuc%ing pissed! I have been Idly waiting to cash my check or take any action until I heard about his "case"!, And months fuc%ing wasted thanks to this fuc%ing Conniving Bullsh!tter, Icojones You're a fuc%ing Lying Shady Scumbag ASSHOLE!!!! I am so happy i-deal DQed you! And i am writing a letter to i-deal and asking them not to reinstate you, you should be DQed!! It clearly states that if you have completed the offer else where you are prohibited from either completing it on there site period or for 6 mos, you should have contacted them and asked if they were i-deal if you weren't sure! So fuc% you. I think i will write the BBB, and whoever else you contacted and ask them not to consider your case too! All you had to do was say you weren't going to follow through with your case! You Inconsiderate Fuc%ing Asshole!!

kyks17

06-05-2006 01:57:54

whoa lets calm down...

doylnea

06-05-2006 05:56:18

[quote36060cca6f="ZeroCalories"]All you had to do was say you weren't going to follow through with your case! You Inconsiderate Fuc%ing Asshole!![/quote36060cca6f]

a) you get to take a 5 day break from the site now.
b) nothing in his post indicates that he didn't follow through. In fact, anyone not blinded by rage and ignorance can surmise that the case in fact did work out in Ico's favor.
c)It's been posted many times, you can cash your check and still file a claim with Pollprize.

See you in 5 days.

galperi1

06-05-2006 07:16:31

I think I know why icojones wants us all to file complaints to help his cause. Probably because the more complaints that are filed, the more likely his complaint may get more attention.

For me, I've been processed for exactly 8 weeks. I'm willing to wait for another couple weeks to see if I-deal comes through as other sites sometimes take as long (i.e., EFG as of late).

igneous

06-05-2006 07:31:16

[quotedefea2dd0d="doylnea"][quotedefea2dd0d="ZeroCalories"]All you had to do was say you weren't going to follow through with your case! You Inconsiderate Fuc%ing Asshole!![/quotedefea2dd0d]

a) you get to take a 5 day break from the site now.
b) nothing in his post indicates that he didn't follow through. In fact, anyone not blinded by rage and ignorance can surmise that the case in fact did work out in Ico's favor.
c)It's been posted many times, you can cash your check and still file a claim with Pollprize.

See you in 5 days.[/quotedefea2dd0d]
Ya, sounds like a settlement to me

icojones

06-05-2006 07:53:10

[quote3bb674ea27="galperi1"]I think I know why icojones wants us all to file complaints to help his cause. Probably because the more complaints that are filed, the more likely his complaint may get more attention.[/quote3bb674ea27]

That is 100% true -- I even said so previously in one of my posts. There are different levels of people getting screwed here, and if put in order of outrageousness, I would be pretty low, because I did violate the terms. There are others who do not appear to have done so at all and are getting the shaft.

icojones

25-05-2006 19:56:31

In light of recent developments, I thought this thread deserved a bump.

theysayjump

25-05-2006 20:07:36

I for one am filing.

Wolfeman

25-05-2006 21:59:53

I'm sure a lot of people that got $100 will be shrug

Captain All That

26-05-2006 10:18:18

TSJ... You still filing?

theysayjump

26-05-2006 11:14:31

If this TV I just receieved isn't from CSC then yeah.

If it is from CSC I still urge everyone who was shafted to file.

crazyates

27-05-2006 15:05:03

[quote8b86a46132="icojones"]In light of recent developments, I thought this thread deserved a bump.[/quote8b86a46132]

what rescent developments? i was out of the loop for a while, could somebody fill me in?

Gigante

27-05-2006 15:41:45

[quote1fcbbf942f="crazyates"][quote1fcbbf942f="icojones"]In light of recent developments, I thought this thread deserved a bump.[/quote1fcbbf942f]

what rescent developments? i was out of the loop for a while, could somebody fill me in?[/quote1fcbbf942f]

People that were approved got $100 checks and said they were DQ'd.

I had to get 2 refs for 12 offers each. I spent $400 on it, and got a $100 check.

crazyates

28-05-2006 19:18:59

could you explain? how did they know they were dq'd if they were already approved?

how do i know if i'm gonna get a 100 check, or a check for the full amount, like whats-his-name who got a check from them the other day? I saw it in the brag bag.

sdjunkk

02-06-2006 19:24:34

My status says, I am disqualified due to 'invalid referral'. Any one is in the same boat? what would be the reason for invalid referral?

Thanks

RolltheStampede

05-06-2006 06:46:52

I got the same things , but my referral also got the same things, and her referral was in violation. but or 60 days isnt up and how the heck do i get dqed for my referrals referral

sdjunkk

06-06-2006 11:29:01

RTS,

What to do now?

phantom

26-06-2006 20:30:04

[quote23a18f5d6e="RolltheStampede"]I got the same things , but my referral also got the same things, and her referral was in violation. but or 60 days isnt up and how the heck do i get dqed for my referrals referral[/quote23a18f5d6e]

Not in "violation" but DQ'd nonetheless. twisted It goes right up the line - Nat's no good because I'm no good, therefore you're no good because Nat's no good.