How do you mac $$ from the giftcards?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=36721

ffactoryxx

04-04-2006 14:12:46

So I have another $500gc sitting here. How do you mac outthe money with the least fee's so you can get the most out?

williebeamin2000

04-04-2006 14:43:17

just go to an atm and withdraw 250 and then another 250, and it will charge you 2.50 each withdrawal and after the second withdrawal you should have overdrafted the card by 5 bucks, at least I guess that is what one of my friends did but if it wont let you do that just withdraw 247.50 and then 246.50 again and you will have maxed it out and only lost 5 bucks. there is going to be a fee no matter where you go as far as I know.

unknown uchiha

04-04-2006 14:53:36

You can only withdraw in multiples of 20... what ATMs do you guys have in Kansas?

williebeamin2000

04-04-2006 15:06:05

you can do it in multiples of 10 if you go to my bank, UMB, but at normal atm's yes it is 20. but at my actual bank you can do it in 10's.

tjwor

04-04-2006 15:30:55

[quotef5f1ef8b24="williebeamin2000"]just go to an atm and withdraw 250 and then another 250, and it will charge you 2.50 each withdrawal and after the second withdrawal you should have overdrafted the card by 5 bucks, at least I guess that is what one of my friends did but if it wont let you do that just withdraw 247.50 and then 246.50 again and you will have maxed it out and only lost 5 bucks. there is going to be a fee no matter where you go as far as I know.[/quotef5f1ef8b24]

that was pretty stupid willie...

Withdraw $250 the first day and $240 the next, then you can buy a big mac or somethin with the extra... Our ATM's allow you to take multiples of $10, I'm sure there are some around there that do that as well. You will lose $2.50 from the card and then usually $2.00 from the bank. so by the time you do that you have a dollar or so left... you may be able to find better rates, or find some place that will let you run it as credit and get a Money Order...

ffactoryxx

04-04-2006 15:51:28

Do you get charged a fee for buying things with the card?

tjwor

04-04-2006 16:02:03

[quote96ec60bd6d="ffactoryxx"]Do you get charged a fee for buying things with the card?[/quote96ec60bd6d]

Nope.. Buy $500 worth of stuff from walmart, then take it all back w/ rececpt and get a refund... shrug

davecnet

04-04-2006 16:59:19

As a favor to FiPG members with 3+ trade record, I will take your _unactivated_ gift card (iCard Gift Cards only -- from NUITech) and go through the trouble of getting your money out for you. The only reason you would need to use this is if your local ATM's do not spit out $10's or you want to squeeze out every last dollar as my bank lets me withdraw from debit cards with transactions to the cent.

Just mail the _unactivated_ card to me and I'll mail a check back to you for the full value minus $3.50 per ATM transaction I have to make plus $0.39 postage. For example, for a $500 card with a $250 per ATM withdrawal limit, I would have to make 2 ATM transactions so that would be $7 plus $0.39 postage. I only want to deal with unactivated cards so there are no fraud issues. PM me for details.

In exchange, I ask that you consider donating some of the money you receive to a charity. I recommend Doctors Without Borders or the American Red Cross.

Mods if I'm not allowed to make this post, please feel free to edit it. I don't make any money for doing this.

ilanbg

04-04-2006 18:19:21

[quote98ac66e8e9="davecnet"]As a favor to FiPG members with 3+ trade record, I will take your _unactivated_ gift card (iCard Gift Cards only -- from NUITech) and go through the trouble of getting your money out for you. The only reason you would need to use this is if your local ATM's do not spit out $10's or you want to squeeze out every last dollar as my bank lets me withdraw from debit cards with transactions to the cent.

Just mail the _unactivated_ card to me and I'll mail a check back to you for the full value minus $3.50 per ATM transaction I have to make plus $0.39 postage. For example, for a $500 card with a $250 per ATM withdrawal limit, I would have to make 2 ATM transactions so that would be $7 plus $0.39 postage. I only want to deal with unactivated cards so there are no fraud issues. PM me for details.

In exchange, I ask that you consider donating some of the money you receive to a charity. I recommend Doctors Without Borders or the American Red Cross.

Mods if I'm not allowed to make this post, please feel free to edit it. I don't make any money for doing this.[/quote98ac66e8e9]

Wouldn't those of us with higher TR need to get the check before we send the card?

bsi4063

04-04-2006 18:35:48

Read my THREAD in OT. PEACE

davecnet

04-04-2006 20:12:25

[quote41c85fbb01="ilanbg"][quote41c85fbb01="davecnet"]As a favor to FiPG members with 3+ trade record, I will take your _unactivated_ gift card (iCard Gift Cards only -- from NUITech) and go through the trouble of getting your money out for you. The only reason you would need to use this is if your local ATM's do not spit out $10's or you want to squeeze out every last dollar as my bank lets me withdraw from debit cards with transactions to the cent.

Mods if I'm not allowed to make this post, please feel free to edit it. I don't make any money for doing this.[/quote41c85fbb01]

Wouldn't those of us with higher TR need to get the check before we send the card?[/quote41c85fbb01]

This isn't really a trade because I'm not gaining anything. In a trade, each person leaves with a green referral or money. In this favor, you get your money converted to cash and I get nothing except maybe I'll feel better about myself because I suggested that you donate to MSF or Red Cross.

I think that doing this for free as a favor is risky enough for me. There is no point in me taking any more risk than necessary seeing as how I have nothing to gain. (i.e., why would I risk $500 if I'm doing you a favor and you end up benefitting, and I end up getting nothing)

I hope my explanation allows you to understand why I am asking for the card to be sent to me first. If this is a trust thing, oh well -- I am just trying to extend a courtesy to fellow FiPGers.

----

Edit It seems like bsi4063 has found a better way to get cash from your gift cards. )

JUNIOR6886

04-04-2006 20:33:17

[quote836a1a92ee="davecnet"]As a favor to FiPG members with 3+ trade record, I will take your _unactivated_ gift card (iCard Gift Cards only -- from NUITech) and go through the trouble of getting your money out for you. The only reason you would need to use this is if your local ATM's do not spit out $10's or you want to squeeze out every last dollar as my bank lets me withdraw from debit cards with transactions to the cent.

Mods if I'm not allowed to make this post, please feel free to edit it. I don't make any money for doing this.[/quote836a1a92ee]

I nearly died of laughter after reading that rofl You're a dangerous man...http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/06f2b6b80a0f69b6a7fca88b34e68585.gif[" alt=""/img836a1a92ee]

davecnet

04-04-2006 23:02:37

[quotefeb06ea32e="JUNIOR6886"][quotefeb06ea32e="davecnet"]As a favor to FiPG members with 3+ trade record, I will take your _unactivated_ gift card (iCard Gift Cards only -- from NUITech) and go through the trouble of getting your money out for you. The only reason you would need to use this is if your local ATM's do not spit out $10's or you want to squeeze out every last dollar as my bank lets me withdraw from debit cards with transactions to the cent.

Mods if I'm not allowed to make this post, please feel free to edit it. I don't make any money for doing this.[/quotefeb06ea32e]

I nearly died of laughter after reading that rofl You're a dangerous man...http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/06f2b6b80a0f69b6a7fca88b34e68585.gif[" alt=""/imgfeb06ea32e][/quotefeb06ea32e]

That is true. But I am a dangerous man with morals.

paulleywaulley

05-04-2006 00:46:25

Why don't you just use the card as it is intended as a credit card, and max it out buying something?

Wolfeman

05-04-2006 00:48:39

Or take out 200, 200, and 80 and spend the rest at lunch or someting. This topic is stupid and you've gotten plenty of ideas. I say send it davecnet...