Initial Response From PA AG's Office on I-Deal Complaint

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=36531

icojones

01-04-2006 12:16:04

I know you guys all think I am wrong here, and I respect your right to disagree. However, I received an initial response from the PA Attorney General's office that indicates that they do not think my complaint is without merit. And I-deal did another round of DQ's in the last few days.

Please emember that I am not asking for a tv that I have not qualified for. I am only requesting the opportunity to complete the three additional deals that were cancelled for me. I fully admit that I repeated deals, but am making the claim that the T&C only states that I should not get credit for those offers, NOT that my entire account should be DQ'd. I sent the entire T&C from the site to the PA attorney general for them to make their determination. Here is the response

[i03537d1a64]The Bureau of Consumer Protection has attempted to mediate your complaint. Unfortunately, out efforts to date have been unsuccessful. Your complaint has been transferred to our legal staff for review and further proceedings if appropriate. When all the facts have been gathered and avaluated, the Bureau of Consumer Protection will advise you of its decision in this matter. Should our office file a legal action, your complaint will be included in any such proceedings.[/i03537d1a64]

I don't know if any complaints get dismissed at this stage or if all get transferred to the legal staff.

Anyway, they replied VERY quickly to this -- the complaint was received by them on March 23. And interestingly enough, their office is in Harrisburg is approximately 1/4 of a mile away from I-deal's registered corportate address -- literally three blocks away.

So please file with these guys if you have been DQ'd for duplicate offers or for any reason you do not think is legitimate. If they get some and critical mass of filings this will surely help get things going.

And remember, if you are owed a $3000 television, that's how much you are losing out on, not the $25 that you spent doing the offers.

Compaint form http//www.attorneygeneral.gov/complaints.aspx?id=451

Official contact info for I-deal

I-DEAL DIRECT INTERACTIVE, INC.
213 MARKET ST 3RD FL
HARRISBURG PA 17101

paulleywaulley

01-04-2006 12:39:32

Good luck getting any responses from I-deal, and getting this case taken care of. You are right about the t & c and if they "mean" something else in the, they must be changed instead of haphazardly dq'ing people. I've tried to email them for fear of having mulitple accounts, because I don't want to be dq'ed like so many others on here. They won't respond to my emails at all. They are probably just waiting for me to spend the money and do offers before they screw me.....

bruman

01-04-2006 13:05:43

if you did the same offers more than once you deserved to be DQ'd.. plain and simple.

icojones

01-04-2006 13:07:37

[quotef431f982ce="bruman"]if you did the same offers more than once you deserved to be DQ'd.. plain and simple.[/quotef431f982ce]

Who's thread crapping now? You have made it clear that you believe this, but not why you believe it. The terms and conditions on the site are very clear about the penalty for repeating offers being no credit for those offers. It would be very simple for them to say that the penalty is disqualification, but they clearly do not.

I would have thought they'd be more responsive to the PA consumer protection agency. It will be interesting if they try to ignore the Atoorney General's legal team.

galperi1

01-04-2006 13:38:48

well, the T+C have now changed. Considering they say that they can change it at any time and the fact that they have clarified that doing the same offer will result in NO promotion item, it seems like you are probably SOL.

Maybe this will be a lesson to better track the offers you do so that these sites get paid for "unique" leads.

crazyates

01-04-2006 14:56:28

This is why i don't really like you as a person. You post and post about how they dq people "for no reason"....and how much of a scam these people are...and then you admit that you frauded thier sites and they dq'd you for a reason that any other free site would of dq'd you for as well. I'm not doing any of thier sites, but that's mostly cuz it's way too hard to find a ref cuz you've given them such a bad name. I hope you don't get your gift, and that they don't put your account back online.

Sorry if it seems like i'm just a hater, but this whole situation makes my mad. Because he not only frauded the offers but also complained about it, I can't do any of thier sited cuz it's so hard to get a ref.

theysayjump

01-04-2006 15:33:28

I do agree with you icojones.

You admit you did duplicate offers/offers from the same company etc and that you should have only had credit taken away or not given since that's what it states in their TOS.

However, if it was me, I'd let it go. It's not that big of a deal. Sure it would piss me off, but not enough to file suit.

Also, if people don't get their TV's because of this (not that they would, but you never know), you're going to have a lot of pissed off people on your back.

bruman

01-04-2006 15:43:23

Advertisers (the offers you do) are in it to make a profit as well..
they PAY for all the millions and millions of dollars of gifts we get. Without them, there would be no freebie sites, and no one would get anything free in this fashion.

When you do the offer multiple times, you're frauding them. They don't want bad leads, and if you do it twice.. probably because it is 'easy' and 'free'.. then you're just slowly killing the industry

icojones

01-04-2006 15:48:49

[quoteb60e75baca="crazyates"]This is why i don't really like you as a person. You post and post about how they dq people "for no reason"....and how much of a scam these people are...and then you admit that you frauded thier sites and they dq'd you for a reason that any other free site would of dq'd you for as well. I'm not doing any of thier sites, but that's mostly cuz it's way too hard to find a ref cuz you've given them such a bad name. I hope you don't get your gift, and that they don't put your account back online.

Sorry if it seems like i'm just a hater, but this whole situation makes my mad. Because he not only frauded the offers but also complained about it, I can't do any of thier sited cuz it's so hard to get a ref.[/quoteb60e75baca]

Actually, you're wrong. MetaReward has the exact same policy in their terms, and if they find that you've repeated offers, they cancel the second one you do and give you credit for the first.

And are you telling me that you have never repeated an offer? If that's true, you've probably only received two or three freeibes max. I did not know at the time that the lcd/plasma site and the rolex site were were run by the same company. If you can tell me that you have never done an offer twice at different freebie sites then you definitely have the higher moral ground and I will accept your scorn.

You really through the word fraud around very lightly. I've never claimed that I deserve the tv -- just that they should honor the terms and let me complete the deal.

And finally, the reason you can't find a referral is not because of me -- who the hell listens to me? It's because they haven't sent anyone a gift in six months, have a very suspcious coporate structure, don't regularly respond to customer service e-mails and won't give anyone manual credit. If you have so much faith, have a friend or family member act as your referral and foot the bill.

icojones

01-04-2006 15:53:51

[quote8e5c98b2dc="bruman"]Advertisers (the offers you do) are in it to make a profit as well..
they PAY for all the millions and millions of dollars of gifts we get. Without them, there would be no freebie sites, and no one would get anything free in this fashion.

When you do the offer multiple times, you're frauding them. They don't want bad leads, and if you do it twice.. probably because it is 'easy' and 'free'.. then you're just slowly killing the industry[/quote8e5c98b2dc]

You are absolutely correct. And I would completely understand if cosmetique does not pay I-deal for the second one that was done under my account, even though it was done for a completely different person, who ended up keeping the membership.

But I am sure you have always followed the rules and never done a site that you really had no interest in. And never done a site with the full intention of cancelling it within the free trial. Never signed up for Earthlink multiple times and never ever ordered a video professor CD for a software program you already knew how to use or had no interest in learning about. And definitely never returned penis pills that you never really wanted, or ordered PetChews for your imaginary cat.

You might not like me because you think I am a fraud, but I don't like you because you are holier than thou phonies, who like to talk trash in an anonymous forum.

Wolfeman

01-04-2006 15:55:31

I don't understand. You broke the rules, admitly, and are pissed cause you are DQ'd on all their sites?

kevxross

01-04-2006 16:02:32

I can honestly say, with 53 TR and a few DIY sites under my belt, that I have never done an offer more than once. Ever. I've received several freebies, so that kinda ruins your whole bullshit statement.

You screwed up, just get over it and move on. I've ignored all your posts about this topic, but seriously, just drop it already. I don't want you stirring up shit with the company I'm trying to legitimately receive a gift from, without a good reason ("I frauded and you DQed me! Not fair!" is not a good reason to go after a company like you are. Sorta like putting a severed finger in some Wendy's chili and suing for it.).

Let me ask you, did you even try to email Molly or Trish? Or did your panties get instantly bunched up and you went straight to the BBB and the attorney general?

dmorris68

01-04-2006 16:12:41

Actually, most all of the freebie sites state that you CANNOT do an offer if you have ever done that offer [bdd131ea10e]for their sites or any other site.[/bdd131ea10e] The offer sponsors pay for NEW customer leads, not existing or returning customers. In fact I see that I-Deal's terms are actually more lenient than most other sites -- they say you can't sign up for the same offer for 6 months. Other sites say never again.

And no, I've never repeated an offer on all the sites I've signed up for. And I always complete my offer immediately, I don't wait for my referrals, so it's not a matter of how many freebies I received but rather how many sites I've signed up -- which is a LOT.

I have yet to see proof of somebody being DQ'd by CSC for "no reason" whatsoever. In fact you're the only person I know that was DQ'd, and by your own admission you violated their T&C. Yes, their T&C is spotty, but I didn't need to read about duplicate offers to know it was a no-no, because [bdd131ea10e]it's a no-no on every site.[/bdd131ea10e] At least every site I've seen, which is most of the big ones.

From their T&C on the status page, which you can see before completing any offers

[quotedd131ea10e]USERS WHO VIOLATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A
PROMOTIONAL ITEM FROM THIS WEB SITE.[/quotedd131ea10e]

So no, I have never repeated an offer. And until myself, or somebody I know for a fact that hasn't violated any letter of their T&C, gets DQ'd, I think you have a bad case of sour grapes. If in fact I do get DQ'd, then I'll admit that I'm wrong and you're right, because I know for a fact they have no reason to DQ me.

icojones

01-04-2006 16:37:45

OK -- i am a stubborn guy and usually when I can't find anyone at all to agree with me I begin to worry.

I don't believe I have ever written that I was DQ'd for no reason, so stop quoting me as saying that. I don't believe that a website should have a very detailed terms & conditions page that does not include all the terms & conditions, and I don't think it is fair to add terms to a page that you can't see until after you have signed up. I also do not understand why they do not add that language to the full terms and conditions, unless their intent is to trap people with it.

I also think that anyone who is worried that my actions will lead them to not fulfill your offers is saying that you don't really trust them at all.

I will stress one last time to everyone that putting a clause in your terms or contract that say you can change the rules at any time for any reason is not legally valid. I know you don't believe me, but remember that statement, because it will help you at some time in the future if someone tries to screw you.

I will no longer post stuff on this site about this, other than a final update if anything is resolved, a request for information from people if the AG's office decides to pursue the case, or a big congratulations if people start getting their gifts. I swear to you, I want people to get their TVs -- it will only prove to me that they are legit and can be negotiated with.

Good luck to all of you except crazyates, because anyone who would decide that they don't like someone based on this nonsense is probably an asshole. And a fraud, because he's 17, and not allowed to participate in any of the freebie offers listed in his signature.

crazyates

02-04-2006 10:46:15

[quote89cd327223="icojones"]Good luck to all of you except crazyates, because anyone who would decide that they don't like someone based on this nonsense is probably an asshole. And a fraud, because he's 17, and not allowed to participate in any of the freebie offers listed in his signature.[/quote89cd327223]

thanks roll

Brutus

02-04-2006 11:08:39

[quote139a104ff3="icojones"]OK -- i am a stubborn guy and usually when I can't find anyone at all to agree with me I begin to worry.[/quote139a104ff3]

You won't find people to agree with you, because we all know, including you, that doing multiple offers is wrong.

[quote139a104ff3]I will stress one last time to everyone that putting a clause in your terms or contract that say you can change the rules at any time for any reason is not legally valid. I know you don't believe me, but remember that statement, because it will help you at some time in the future if someone tries to screw you.[/quote139a104ff3]

Are you a lawyer? Do you work in contracting? What is your background that you feel that you can validate your claim?

You can put anything that is a legal action in a contract and if the other party is of their own mind and wish to adhere to the contract they may sign it.

Yes, they can change the ToS to anything they want, they just have to decide if that is what they want for their business.

topbillin1

02-04-2006 11:28:41

[quotee4dea54518="kevxross"]I can honestly say, with 53 TR and a few DIY sites under my belt, that I have never done an offer more than once. Ever. I've received several freebies, so that kinda ruins your whole bullshit statement.

?[/quotee4dea54518]

Not really, how many of those offers were you truly interested in and how many did you pay for greens?

He has a very good point....

I see why I-DEAL Direct is doing what they are doing, them like most freebie companies don't even think we probably care about the offers, just want the gifts so they jack-up their TOS every so often to make it harder.

crazyates

02-04-2006 11:35:55

[quotee1238ce3e0="topbillin1"]and how many did you pay for greens?[/quotee1238ce3e0]

that's exactly his point. You can still do freebie sites w/o completing very many offers. Lets say you only do one offer, and then pay for the rest of your refs. That still leaves you w/ plenty of offers to do, and you get your freebie

UniPrize Media

02-04-2006 11:48:14

[quoteaf5c5f3c54="icojones"]I know you guys all think I am wrong here, and I respect your right to disagree. However, I received an initial response from the PA Attorney General's office that indicates that they do not think my complaint is without merit. And I-deal did another round of DQ's in the last few days.

[/quoteaf5c5f3c54]

Please have some common sense.

VrExe

02-04-2006 11:55:20

I didn't kill him! said the murderer.

UAO

02-04-2006 12:41:23

[quotebde8fe4637="Brutus"][quotebde8fe4637="icojones"]OK -- i am a stubborn guy and usually when I can't find anyone at all to agree with me I begin to worry.[/quotebde8fe4637]

You won't find people to agree with you, because we all know, including you, that doing multiple offers is wrong.

[quotebde8fe4637]I will stress one last time to everyone that putting a clause in your terms or contract that say you can change the rules at any time for any reason is not legally valid. I know you don't believe me, but remember that statement, because it will help you at some time in the future if someone tries to screw you.[/quotebde8fe4637]

Are you a lawyer? Do you work in contracting? What is your background that you feel that you can validate your claim?

You can put anything that is a legal action in a contract and if the other party is of their own mind and wish to adhere to the contract they may sign it.

Yes, they can change the ToS to anything they want, they just have to decide if that is what they want for their business.[/quotebde8fe4637]

Ummm not really. And yes, my father is a lawyer.

dmorris68

02-04-2006 13:03:26

[quote1b09a60b50="UAO"]Ummm not really. And yes, my father is a lawyer.[/quote1b09a60b50]

Brutus was speaking to icojones.

But about your father, I have to ask what kind of lawyer? Just like doctors, lawyers specialize and often have little to no clue about other areas of law outside of their specialty. I've been in conversations with lawyers before where I knew more than they did on the subject we were discussing, and they freely admitted it. Another person (was it you?) said in another thread that their father was a lawyer who said that online vendors had to honor pricing mistakes, which is complete B.S. NO online retailer is required to honor pricing mistakes. That has been firmly established so many times I thought everybody knew that.

So lawyers aren't always right or knowledgeable about particular areas. That's why they surround themselves with paralegals, clerks, and shelves full of books -- so that when they enter an area that is unfamiliar to them, they can research precedent and the laws involved. Just because your father is a lawyer doesn't mean he has all the answers.

Brutus

02-04-2006 13:46:26

[quoteee619d78af="UAO"][quoteee619d78af="Brutus"][quoteee619d78af="icojones"]OK -- i am a stubborn guy and usually when I can't find anyone at all to agree with me I begin to worry.[/quoteee619d78af]

[quoteee619d78af]I will stress one last time to everyone that putting a clause in your terms or contract that say you can change the rules at any time for any reason is not legally valid. I know you don't believe me, but remember that statement, because it will help you at some time in the future if someone tries to screw you.[/quoteee619d78af]

Yes, they can change the ToS to anything they want, they just have to decide if that is what they want for their business.[/quoteee619d78af]

Ummm not really. And yes, my father is a lawyer.[/quoteee619d78af]

Having a father that is a lawyer has nothing to do with how much you may know about the subject. I deal with contracts on a regular basis, and have a pretty good knowledge of what they can and can't enforce in a contract.

We always here in this type of discussion 'My friends a lawyer, 'my friends the DA of New York' and 'my fathers a lawyer'. I have a friend thats an architec, but that doesn't mean I know what is acceptable when a building is being designed.

EasyAs456

02-04-2006 16:37:44

I just don't like I-Deal Direct to begin with..

icojones

02-04-2006 16:48:26

This is very basic, first semester of law school contracts stuff. Any lawyer of any specialty should be able to answer this question.

You mention that you work with contracts a lot, but don't say that you are a lawyer. If you aren't a lawyer then you are relying on third party knowledge just like other people on this board are.

A contract clause that enables one party to cancel or change terms at any time for any reason without any consideration to the other party is frequently regarded as an unenforceable clause because it is so one-sided.

Here is an interesting article that is slightly off-point, but you can get the gist of what I am talking about

http//www.ecommercetimes.com/story/37594.html

Another good one

http//www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_06/b3869119_mz070.htm

Brutus

02-04-2006 17:17:45

The second article that you posted goes to help these sites that have the 'Can change the ToS at anytime' type paragraph, since it is common amongst these sites.

By the way, are you a first year law student? Do you work in the judicial field at all?

I'm not a lawyer, I'm an acquisition manager at the federal level. I deal with all kinds of contracts when managing projects, and if you ever want to see a detailed contract get a hold of one of those. Everything is spelled out, and if either side see something that they don't like they either try and get it changed, or don't enter into the contract. We don't go, 'ahh screw it, they can't enforce that'.

Brutus

02-04-2006 17:21:45

Before this gets ugly, I do want to say that I hope that you get your gift. I don't have any spite towards you, just putting my opinions and expierence out there so that you can have more info to judge with.

icojones

02-04-2006 18:50:20

This was the most relevant part to me

Enforcing such a clause would be difficult, says Michael Greenfield, a professor at Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. But he says its very presence might intimidate consumers and make them less likely to sue or more apt to settle out of fear of how a judge would rule.

That's why they put them there -- to scare/intimidate customers who they screw over. And you'll notice that one of the other freebie sites (I don't remember which) has it in their T&C that if they disqulify you, you get a $50 gift card. This is smart contract writing because it enables them to counter that the clause is not 100% one-sided and that some consideration is given to the other party.

And no, I'm not a first-year law student. I am a 33-year old shmoe who should know better than to get involved with these freebie sites.

Also, the fact that the average customer of these companies is not a lawyer and not someone expected to be savvy in the art of contracts (unlike yourself, who does it for a living and should reasonably be expected to avoid such contract terms) makes my case even stronger.

We'll see what happens -- I honestly have low expectations. But it would be an absolute joy if the PA AG took this case, because I-deal would shit their pants.

Brutus

02-04-2006 21:07:55

I would avoid these sites like the plague, but I knew a number of people that have gotten gifts, and I myself have recieved a number of gifts.

Would I do a site that required me to spend a lot of money or had no offers that I didn't feel I could actualy use? No way.

FreeOffersNow

03-04-2006 10:23:55

Settle down icojones. I've just quickly skimmed through this topic, and I'm thoroughly convinced that you're an idiot. And no, I'm not going to argue with you...no one should ever argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beating me with experience. Anyhow, I'd just like to say that I've received several gifts from I-Deal Direct, and while they aren't the best company out there, your BBB complaint is frivolous at best.

Also, while often times some portions of companies' terms and conditions (which are essentially disclaimers of warranties and liability) are not legally acceptable (i.ae. "We will kill you if you violate these terms and conditions in any way"), statements such as "Company X reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, with or without prior notice." In such a case, YOU are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Further, your continued use of (assuming it is a website) the website after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to those changes.

Basically, you need to brush up on your legal speak before you go all William Jennings Bryan on us. By the way, Iamb not a legal student...but I've taken Business Law and Morality in Business...both of which stressed contract law very heavily.

kevxross

03-04-2006 10:29:15

If you see I-Deal in court, please thank them for me for the $2000 check I just got from CSC P

igneous

03-04-2006 10:53:21

Yes, me too, as well as my $2900 in place of the rolex )

FreeOffersNow

03-04-2006 13:20:02

Oh, I forgot to mention that I-Deal reported my "earnings" from them as Non-employee Income...which was incorrect. Nonetheless, I reported them the earnings as Miscellaneous Income (which is correct) and a few weeks later I got a corrected form from I-Deal reporting the earnings as Miscellaneous Income...just a heads up for those of you who might not know very much about tax code.

kevxross

03-04-2006 13:39:09

[quote3d3cef7fd9="FreeOffersNow"]Oh, I forgot to mention that I-Deal reported my "earnings" from them as Non-employee Income...which was incorrect. Nonetheless, I reported them the earnings as Miscellaneous Income (which is correct) and a few weeks later I got a corrected form from I-Deal reporting the earnings as Miscellaneous Income...just a heads up for those of you who might not know very much about tax code.[/quote3d3cef7fd9]

What do you mean you "reported them the earnings?" Do you mean you contacted I-Deal and told them of the mistake, or you filed your taxes?

crazyates

03-04-2006 14:21:54

[quote63350d98ff="igneous"]Yes, me too, as well as my $2900 in place of the rolex )[/quote63350d98ff]

[quote63350d98ff="kevxross"]If you see I-Deal in court, please thank them for me for the $2000 check I just got from CSC P[/quote63350d98ff]

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=36645

LOL

FreeOffersNow

03-04-2006 14:31:02

[quote22256931c5="kevxross"]What do you mean you "reported them the earnings?" Do you mean you contacted I-Deal and told them of the mistake, or you filed your taxes?[/quote22256931c5]

Sorry...typo. I filed my taxes with the earnings reported as Miscellaneous Income, rather than Non-employee Earnings. I would have expected to hear from the IRS asking about it, but I-Deal caught their mistake and sent a corrected form.

icojones

03-04-2006 14:57:32

I am honestly glad that people are getting paid. Especially igneous, who was actually my referral!

And to Freeoffersnow, I think I will stick with the legal advice of the handful of actual corporate attorneys I have consulted with, and pass on the advice of a 20-year old who has taken an undergrad business law class.

I remember being an arrogant know it all 20-year old, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

Wolfeman

03-04-2006 15:01:29

I love when 30+ year olds can't accept that people younger than them know something.

I still don't understand how/why you think they owe you something when you clearly violated their terms shrug

kevxross

03-04-2006 15:03:09

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/images/avatars/1670333128442ff6064c294.jpg[" alt=""/img280490778c]

P

nick_e

03-04-2006 15:58:17

^^^ lol

FreeOffersNow

03-04-2006 20:09:40

[quotee86169dd0b="icojones"]I remember being an arrogant know it all 20-year old, so I know exactly where you're coming from.[/quotee86169dd0b]

Well, it shouldn't be too hard to remember being an arrogant know it all...because you still are...just 10 years later. I'm not going to ramble on about my achievements, or claim to have spoken with all these corporate attorneys (which if you had that kind of firepower, I'm not sure why you bothered writing the attorney general yourself...), but I'm right, and you'll find that out soon enough. Until then, keep shopping at Lane Bryant and jamming out to Everclear.

icojones

03-04-2006 20:26:31

One guy consults with actual practicing attorneys and states that there is a possibility that he has a case.

One guy takes an undergraduate b-law class and insists that he is absolutely correct and that anyone who has the nerve to dispute his UNDERGRADUATE BUSINESS LAW LECTURER is an ass.

And oh yeah, someone in the PA attorney general's office thought there was enough of a case to further pursue their case. Although I am sure that the person who did that has never been an UNDERGRADUATE BUSINESS LAW LECTURER. All he does for a living is screen possible cases for one of the 50 most powerful lawyers in the country. Although, I believe the PA AG actually has been an UNDERGRADUATE BUSINESS LAW LECTURER, so he will probably personally dismiss my claim.

Did you actually read any of the links that I posted? Please bring them to your UNDERGRADUATE BUSINESS LAW LECTURER and ask him if there is a possibility that this contract clause is so one-sided as to be unenforceable.

Please print this out and read it back to yourself in 5 years. You will cringe.

Wolfeman

03-04-2006 20:36:25

How come you won't answer my question? What do you want from them considering you've admited you violated their terms?

doylnea

03-04-2006 21:18:08

[quote8923dd61df="Wolfeman"]How come you won't answer my question? What do you want from them considering you've admited you violated their terms?[/quote8923dd61df]

It's in his OP.[quote8923dd61df="icojones"]Please emember that I am not asking for a tv that I have not qualified for. I am only requesting the opportunity to complete the three additional deals that were cancelled for me. I fully admit that I repeated deals, but am making the claim that the T&C only states that I should not get credit for those offers, NOT that my entire account should be DQ'd. [/quote8923dd61df]

Wolfeman

03-04-2006 21:46:20

So he is suing? Thats such a waste of time...

williebeamin2000

03-04-2006 23:15:21

its the principle of it

FreeOffersNow

03-04-2006 23:18:29

[quotedb62693869="icojones"]One guy consults with actual practicing attorneys and states that there is a possibility that he has a case.

One guy takes an undergraduate b-law class and insists that he is absolutely correct and that anyone who has the nerve to dispute his UNDERGRADUATE BUSINESS LAW LECTURER is an ass.

And oh yeah, someone in the PA attorney general's office thought there was enough of a case to further pursue their case. Although I am sure that the person who did that has never been an UNDERGRADUATE BUSINESS LAW LECTURER. All he does for a living is screen possible cases for one of the 50 most powerful lawyers in the country. Although, I believe the PA AG actually has been an UNDERGRADUATE BUSINESS LAW LECTURER, so he will probably personally dismiss my claim.

Did you actually read any of the links that I posted? Please bring them to your UNDERGRADUATE BUSINESS LAW LECTURER and ask him if there is a possibility that this contract clause is so one-sided as to be unenforceable.

Please print this out and read it back to yourself in 5 years. You will cringe.[/quotedb62693869]

Now that storytime is over, lets address the issue. First, we live in the United States, you can file suit for just about anything and there will almost always be the "possibility that there is a case." Second, \by registering with the website you also agree to (and are inherently bound to) the terms and conditions of that website. While I acknowledge that changing the penalization for an infraction after you've made that infraction may not be enforceable (which is probably why those "practicing attorneys believe there is a possiblity that there is a case), what I disagree with is your saying that I-Deal doesn't have the right to change their terms and conditions at any time...because they do. The question is, under the circumstances, are you bound to those changes. Do you have a copy of the terms and conditions which were in place when you signed up (or, perhaps the terms and conditions that stated if you completed an offer multiple times you would simply not receive credit for the second completion?). As I remember it, when I was doing the I-Deal sites several months ago...there was a huge disclaimer at the bottom of the status page which explained that users who completed the same offer within timeframe x would not be eligible for the promotional item. Basically, I understand your position, but I don't believe that complaining to Corbett's office will do much more than aggravate I-Deal...and fuck everything up for everyone else.

Also, was it you or the "someone" (more than likely an undergraduate intern!) at the AG's office who spelled "evaluate" as "avaluate"? Either way it's fairly comical.

By the way, it might behoove you to alter your perception of us 20-somethings...believe it or not some of us know what we're talking about.

kdollar

03-04-2006 23:23:06

[quote97993aa25b="FreeOffersNow"][quote97993aa25b="icojones"]One guy consults with actual practicing attorneys and states that there is a possibility that he has a case.

Please print this out and read it back to yourself in 5 years. You will cringe.[/quote97993aa25b]

Now that storytime is over, lets address the issue. First, we live in the United States, you can file suit for just about anything and there will almost always be the "possibility that there is a case." Second, \by registering with the website you also agree to (and are inherently bound to) the terms and conditions of that website. While I acknowledge that changing the penalization for an infraction after you've made that infraction may not be enforceable (which is probably why those "practicing attorneys believe there is a possiblity that there is a case), what I disagree with is your saying that I-Deal doesn't have the right to change their terms and conditions at any time...because they do. The question is, under the circumstances, are you bound to those changes. Do you have a copy of the terms and conditions which were in place when you signed up (or, perhaps the terms and conditions that stated if you completed an offer multiple times you would simply not receive credit for the second completion?). As I remember it, when I was doing the I-Deal sites several months ago...there was a huge disclaimer at the bottom of the status page which explained that users who completed the same offer within timeframe x would not be eligible for the promotional item. Basically, I understand your position, but I don't believe that complaining to Corbett's office will do much more than aggravate I-Deal...and fuck everything up for everyone else.

Also, was it you or the "someone" (more than likely an undergraduate intern!) at the AG's office who spelled "evaluate" as "avaluate"? Either way it's fairly comical.

By the way, it might behoove you to alter your perception of us 20-somethings...believe it or not some of us know what we're talking about.[/quote97993aa25b]

O SNAP!

Brutus

03-04-2006 23:24:46

FON, you kids think you know it all. In my day we had to drive 55MPH to school and had good music like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden!!!

You all play your music to loud and your video games have to many buttons that need to be pressed. In my day we only had jump, WASD, fire and reload!

li This has been a joke post brought to you by some forum poster that is drunk and can't sleep at a conference in Boston. Stupid time zones.

icojones

04-04-2006 03:36:09

Oh snap! I made a typo in a forum posting! Has that ever happened before. I am so embarrassed.

FreeOffersNow

04-04-2006 05:06:52

[quote90acbe6639="icojones"]Oh snap! I made a typo in a forum posting! Has that ever happened before. I am so embarrassed.[/quote90acbe6639]

I'm not sure I'm going to let "avaluate" go as a typo...but thanks for addressing the issue, as usual.