YF direct cracks me up ...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34984

MiamiTJ

10-03-2006 11:43:39

Do I do the infamous Sony Plazma site early december -- And of course I jump thru all the hoops and site on my ass and wait like they want.

Well I should be close to shipping so I give them a call and they tell me that the TV is back ordered past the typical 8 week wait. So instead of my TV shipping out around the begining of April that it can take an additional 12 weeks past the my normal ship deadline of April 3rd. So thats sitting on my ass looking at my little 35" TV till July, P.

So here is the kicker -- they are willing to send me a check immediatly that I can have within a couple of days for the amount of 1K if I decide to forgo the wait for my TV.

So when I ask, well if you guys want to be nice and offer me cash instead of the TV why not offer the entire value of the TV in cash? There was no answer ...

I love how these companies drag their feet and try to scam you out of a TV ...

UniPrize Media

10-03-2006 11:49:58

[quote69bcfade57="MiamiTJ"]Do I do the infamous Sony Plazma site early december -- And of course I jump thru all the hoops and site on my ass and wait like they want.

Well I should be close to shipping so I give them a call and they tell me that the TV is back ordered past the typical 8 week wait. So instead of my TV shipping out around the begining of April that it can take an additional 12 weeks past the my normal ship deadline of April 3rd. So thats sitting on my ass looking at my little 35" TV till July, P.

So here is the kicker -- they are willing to send me a check immediatly that I can have within a couple of days for the amount of 1K if I decide to forgo the wait for my TV.

So when I ask, well if you guys want to be nice and offer me cash instead of the TV why not offer the entire value of the TV in cash? There was no answer ...

I love how these companies drag their feet and try to scam you out of a TV ...[/quote69bcfade57]

This already been discussed. Take the check.

tjwor

10-03-2006 12:00:06

[quotea0459eb4fa="ulenie"][quotea0459eb4fa="MiamiTJ"]Do I do the infamous Sony Plazma site early december -- And of course I jump thru all the hoops and site on my ass and wait like they want.

I love how these companies drag their feet and try to scam you out of a TV ...[/quotea0459eb4fa]

This already been discussed. Take the check.[/quotea0459eb4fa]

If he wants the TV why should he take the check? He's a big boy, let him make the decisions D

UniPrize Media

10-03-2006 12:07:15

[quoted0930379cd="tjwor"][quoted0930379cd="ulenie"][quoted0930379cd="MiamiTJ"]Do I do the infamous Sony Plazma site early december -- And of course I jump thru all the hoops and site on my ass and wait like they want.

I love how these companies drag their feet and try to scam you out of a TV ...[/quoted0930379cd]

This already been discussed. Take the check.[/quoted0930379cd]

If he wants the TV why should he take the check? He's a big boy, let him make the decisions D[/quoted0930379cd]

Well, if he wants to wait 12 weeks for a tv that wont be worth much more than $1000, then may the force be with him.

chewy

10-03-2006 12:09:38

i would think they would get a newer model by then. but it is a gamble, im going to wait i think since I have my consumersavingcenter plasma coming

tjwor

10-03-2006 12:22:14

[quote1610c33391="chewy"]i would think they would get a newer model by then. but it is a gamble, im going to wait i think since I have my consumersavingcenter plasma coming[/quote1610c33391]

I'm gonna wait cuase i'd never buy the TV, and if it is only worth that then, you will probably still be able to request the check shrug

MiamiTJ

10-03-2006 12:38:15

tjwor -- I ignored the guy -- he is just being an ass like many here ...

Thanks anyway ... I still cant decide what option Im going to choose -- Either way I dont want to TV -- Im just after the $$$ ...

PsychoAU

10-03-2006 12:46:01

There is no scam here. There is incentive for them to buy you out cheaply from a business stand-point. If people want the TV they just have to wait, if they want to take less value and get a check now, they can. Where is the scam?

tjwor

10-03-2006 12:50:40

[quote08754155c0="PsychoAU"]There is no scam here. There is incentive for them to buy you out cheaply from a business stand-point. If people want the TV they just have to wait, if they want to take less value and get a check now, they can. Where is the scam?[/quote08754155c0]

The scam comes from them making you wait 12 weeks for a TV when they could probably get it now, just for the hopes that you will sell out for the 1K check...

Brutus

10-03-2006 12:52:51

I think YFD is offering a fair trade on this one. They have a site that you can get 1K from for 6 offers, and since that matches the TV for offers it seems fair to me for people that don't want to wait. The TV goes for around $1400, I think, and I suspect it will be cheaper in 12 more weeks.

On a similar note, I took the offer about 3 days ago, and have not seen my account change. Not sure if that means anything.

tjwor

10-03-2006 12:57:23

[quotec8c2f38610="Brutus"]I think YFD is offering a fair trade on this one. They have a site that you can get 1K from for 6 offers, and since that matches the TV for offers it seems fair to me for people that don't want to wait. The TV goes for around $1400, I think, and I suspect it will be cheaper in 12 more weeks.

On a similar note, I took the offer about 3 days ago, and have not seen my account change. Not sure if that means anything.[/quotec8c2f38610]

yea, i'm not saying its a scam, i was just explaining how it could be considered one... I'm not gonna complain, as long as I get my TV I'll be happy D

RolltheStampede

10-03-2006 13:29:22

if you are just after the money think about how much that tv will be worth in 3 months. Then you have to sell it. So say you 1,250 fo rthe tv in 3 months. you could invest the 1000 in 2 weeks and possibly make more money. depends on if you want the money now or later. Price of electronics goes down fast. Heck those ipod shuffles are like 70 bucks now

Wolfeman

10-03-2006 13:52:30

There is no need for this thread. If you'd like to discuss the $1K check instead of the TV, there are threads for that but its to be done in a respectful way...