gigante no longer a mod either?...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34759

kyks17

07-03-2006 16:16:33

why for? did i miss something?

KeithA

07-03-2006 16:17:41

He's a full forum moderator now, so how 'bout a slap on the back and a round on the house? toast

Wolfeman

07-03-2006 16:17:53

WOO HOO!

kyks17

07-03-2006 17:08:33

[quotea545c7664f="KeithA"]He's a full forum moderator now, so how 'bout a slap on the back and a round on the house? toast[/quotea545c7664f]

oh heh, that works! congrats gigante!

freedesktoppc

07-03-2006 17:15:21

great, another moderator who is a proven and somewhat admitted frauder. (edit sorry, I wrote something stupid because I wasn't thinking.)

Brutus

07-03-2006 17:22:05

[quote4ef0331a76="freedesktoppc"]great, another moderator who is a proven and somewhat admitted frauder. Why not just make CC40 a mod?[/quote4ef0331a76]

He didn't fraud any sites, and has been nothing but helpful to people on this forum.

KeithA

07-03-2006 17:24:01

[quotea86746856e="freedesktoppc"]great, another moderator who is a proven and somewhat admitted frauder. Why not just make CC40 a mod?[/quotea86746856e]

Care to justify this statement? Of course, I'd expect proof of each claim--first, that any of the other moderators is a proven and "somewhat admitted frauder," and, second, that Gigante is.

kdollar

07-03-2006 17:30:01

[quoted309922317="freedesktoppc"]great, another moderator who is a proven and somewhat admitted frauder. Why not just make CC40 a mod?[/quoted309922317]

i thought was kinda funny, who are the othe frauder mods??

Gigante

07-03-2006 17:38:47

[quote0bf2f27e83="freedesktoppc"]great, another moderator who is a proven and somewhat admitted frauder. Why not just make CC40 a mod?[/quote0bf2f27e83]

wtf?
Please care to name a site I have ever been DQ'd from. This includes Freepay and any other sites.

UniPrize Media

07-03-2006 17:48:00

[quoteda662493e7="Gigante"][quoteda662493e7="freedesktoppc"]great, another moderator who is a proven and somewhat admitted frauder. Why not just make CC40 a mod?[/quoteda662493e7]

wtf?
Please care to name a site I have ever been DQ'd from. This includes Freepay and any other sites.[/quoteda662493e7]

By the way how did you become a mod? Are you a friend of the admin or something? Nothing against you but do they just pick people out of a hat?

freedesktoppc

07-03-2006 17:49:20

I know you claim you have worked out your situation with yfd, but you did fraud them. You are just lucky you bullshit your way out of it. I know that most of us here do it, and I am sure mods do it as well, but I do not think that someone should be a mod who openly has made some pretty helpful, yet shady remarks. I got nothing against you, I think your appointment just hurts the site's image. I take back my comment about CC40, as he was a scammer, and I hope you are not.

Gigante

07-03-2006 17:52:49

[quote516e5d29e5="freedesktoppc"]I know you claim you have worked out your situation with yfd, but you did fraud them. You are just lucky you bullshit your way out of it. I know that most of us here do it, and I am sure mods do it as well, but I do not think that someone should be a mod who openly has made some pretty helpful, yet shady remarks. I got nothing against you, I think your appointment just hurts the site's image. I take back my comment about CC40, as he was a scammer, and I hope you are not.[/quote516e5d29e5]

I did not openly fraud. Me and my brother are two different people and have both received freebie items. They did not realize this and thought I was trying to pull a fast one.

freedesktoppc

07-03-2006 17:55:06

I can not argue with that because clearly I do not know you, and I can not prove otherwise. However, I find it hard to believe that you, or anyone else here can complete so many DIY sites without any shady business. Assuming you have done nothing wrong, how many CCs have you signed up for? It must be a lot assuming you only did earthlink once, online biz system once, etc. There must be a reason this forum was locked to the public.

ajrock2000

07-03-2006 18:04:26

[quotee5e74c8bbc="freedesktoppc"]I can not argue with that because clearly I do not know you, and I can not prove otherwise. However, I find it hard to believe that you, or anyone else here can complete so many DIY sites without any shady business. Assuming you have done nothing wrong, how many CCs have you signed up for? It must be a lot assuming you only did earthlink once, online biz system once, etc. There must be a reason this forum was locked to the public.[/quotee5e74c8bbc]

I wonder the same thing...I find it extremely difficult to even complete 2 DIY sites with 6 offers each having already done regular referral sites (freepay, oc, trainn, etc) offers once already.

Gigante

07-03-2006 18:05:29

You can see from my profile that me and my gf have not received much from DIY.

doylnea

07-03-2006 18:08:33

[quote0b4b329f7d="freedesktoppc"]I can not argue with that because clearly I do not know you, and I can not prove otherwise. However, I find it hard to believe that you, or anyone else here can complete so many DIY sites without any shady business. Assuming you have done nothing wrong, how many CCs have you signed up for? It must be a lot assuming you only did earthlink once, online biz system once, etc. There must be a reason this forum was locked to the public.[/quote0b4b329f7d]

Have you ever considered that some folks have friends in real life who are interested in getting a plasma for $50? And since Gigante has been so helpful to us here, do you think that perhaps, just maybe he would help out his friends as well by teaching them how to do a DIY site? And then, just maybe, they would help him out by doing a site for him?

Further, the reason this forum is locked to guests, is so that all of the information that Gigante and Airkat assembled so that you ungrateful heathens could get your plasmas and cash wouldn't be just thrown out to the whole internet. And if someone wants to view this forum they have to take 30 seconds and register; I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to ask.

chillywilly

07-03-2006 18:49:50

Whatever bug is up freedesktoppc's ass, that's his deal.

But I look at this freebie stuff this way if you can pull it off and you have the time to deal with all of this, and you get your prize, then it's all good here. That is not advocating fraud and I really think that most people that are out to fraud just to get the freebie will not get one.

Doing all of this is a nack, IMO. I mean, if I had more time, I would do more. But I'm pretty damn happy I got the various free stuff I have. It's stuff I would have never been able to pay for in such a short amount of time.

On top of that, I say that anyone that explains himself like gigante did, is legit.

freedesktoppc

07-03-2006 19:29:41

Even saying that you can do YFD offers from any page is frauding IMO. it seems that for freepay, etc. there is a very low tolerance of even implied fraud, but in the DIY sections or thread it is tolerated. While I have my own opinions about certain people here, I don't think anyone can honestly say that this section has been kept to the same standards as others. So why promote the mod?

Godrockdj

07-03-2006 19:49:07

[quote903b724f39="ulenie"][quote903b724f39="Gigante"][quote903b724f39="freedesktoppc"]great, another moderator who is a proven and somewhat admitted frauder. Why not just make CC40 a mod?[/quote903b724f39]

wtf?
Please care to name a site I have ever been DQ'd from. This includes Freepay and any other sites.[/quote903b724f39]

By the way how did you become a mod? Are you a friend of the admin or something? Nothing against you but do they just pick people out of a hat?[/quote903b724f39]

Are you being sarcastic here ? I freaking hope so, because the mods here are awesome and do a [b903b724f39]lot[/b903b724f39] of thankless work. For free. Gigante got his original DIY mod status because he proved himself to be a very knowledgable and hard working guy when the DIY market broke open.

ilanbg

07-03-2006 19:55:50

[quote45419a9818="freedesktoppc"] So why promote the mod?[/quote45419a9818]
Because he has been helpful, supportive, patient, not to mention has volunteered many hours in the DIY forum.

Gigante

07-03-2006 20:03:58

[quote97a6c6dc57="freedesktoppc"]Even saying that you can do YFD offers from any page is frauding IMO. it seems that for freepay, etc. there is a very low tolerance of even implied fraud, but in the DIY sections or thread it is tolerated. While I have my own opinions about certain people here, I don't think anyone can honestly say that this section has been kept to the same standards as others. So why promote the mod?[/quote97a6c6dc57]

You're definitely right. We should not pass on information that we find from YFDirect, because that would definitely be fraud. Thanks for the tip.

chillywilly

07-03-2006 20:14:16

[quotea1bd6b0c56="freedesktoppc"]Even saying that you can do YFD offers from any page is frauding IMO. it seems that for freepay, etc. there is a very low tolerance of even implied fraud, but in the DIY sections or thread it is tolerated. While I have my own opinions about certain people here, I don't think anyone can honestly say that this section has been kept to the same standards as others. So why promote the mod?[/quotea1bd6b0c56]
Wtf? What fraud is being promoted? If the DIY site says to do 6 offers, and someone signs up and does 6 offers, and they post their experience on how they went from sign up to getting their prize, what fraud is that?

From what i've seen on these forums, any talk of frauding these companies is discouraged and could be cause for ban.

My advice to you is if you don't care to do DIY offers, then that is your choice. Otherwsie, you appear to be the street corner preacher, worried that all of us are going to hell if we don't repent.

In the end, these companies are making money because we are talking about their sites and getting more of us to sign up. To me, it's no different than a FreePay or Trainn. I would personally rather learn about a DIY site from here than spam in my inbox.

freedesktoppc

07-03-2006 20:15:13

Just because you and many others found out that YFD has no way of knowing what page it is, it is still wrong to do it, because as you know they get paid more for offers on later pages, and they count on that money as part of their biz model to send everyone their free gift. It was inevitable that they would eventually realize that they were losing a lot of money off people like you, and that they would take measures to stop it, and that has included only offering 1k for the plasmas, the now repealed dq emails,etc. If you knew about the flaw, and you do not feel wrong using it, go ahead, but to promote it in a moralless forum like this was just immature and stupid. While it has not happened yet, the people who tried to take advantage of the DIY sites could ruin it for people like me who have done everything 100% legitimately.

chillywilly

07-03-2006 20:22:54

[quoteafd3488f76="freedesktoppc"]While it has not happened yet, the people who tried to take advantage of the DIY sites could ruin it for people like me who have done everything 100% legitimately.[/quoteafd3488f76]
Ruin what? The main reason these sites are raising their minimum requirements are due to more people signing up, not more people trying to fraud them.

If people are trying to fraud them, then they should take measures to block them or deny them their free gift.

To me, fraud would consist of doing multiple offers, multiple people in the same household signing up, etc... the very things that are listed under these sites T&C.

Those of us (and I am including gigante) that follow the rules and try to complete the site are not the problem. It's the dumb fucks that stay up all night scheming and trying to beat the system.

The help out here is for people that legitimately want to complete the site and get the best possible deal on something cool.

freedesktoppc

07-03-2006 20:25:16

I agree with you chillywilly, but until recent days when the forum has been cleaned up a bit, there was blatant talk of frauding both the offers and the companies.

tjwor

07-03-2006 20:25:43

[quote658712aba9="freedesktoppc"]Just because you and many others found out that YFD has no way of knowing what page it is, it is still wrong to do it, because as you know they get paid more for offers on later pages, and they count on that money as part of their biz model to send everyone their free gift. It was inevitable that they would eventually realize that they were losing a lot of money off people like you, and that they would take measures to stop it, and that has included only offering 1k for the plasmas, the now repealed dq emails,etc. If you knew about the flaw, and you do not feel wrong using it, go ahead, but to promote it in a moralless forum like this was just immature and stupid. While it has not happened yet, the people who tried to take advantage of the DIY sites could ruin it for people like me who have done everything 100% legitimately.[/quote658712aba9]

No one start promoting that you could do them on any page until people from YFD told is it was ok. A few different people had called and asked them about it in the beginning and they said it was fine to do it that way. That was when it was told on here that it is ok.

It is no longer stated on here because they not said it was not ok...

It isn't fraud or wrong if they tell us it is ok...

chillywilly

07-03-2006 20:37:37

[quoteac5bf02fb3="freedesktoppc"]I agree with you chillywilly, but until recent days when the forum has been cleaned up a bit, there was blatant talk of frauding both the offers and the companies.[/quoteac5bf02fb3]
Ok. But I lurked here in this forum for a long time before signing up and even the posts that mentioned the offers on the same page thing, I didn't see it as any type of fraud. Fraud to me would be trying to do 4-5 offers if the site required doing 6.

The reason I don't think it's fraud is because of this

When I signed up, I did 2 offers on page 1. I did 2 offers on page 2 and I did 2 offers on page 3. By the time I got to page 3, I saw some of the same offers on page 3 I saw on page 1.

So if it's fraud, why did I see some of the same offers on page 3 that I saw on page 1? Seems that the company (YFD in this case) really just cares you follow the rules and sign up for 6 offers, regardless of what page they are on.

This was more just an observation that someone pointed out, not an intent to fraud.

Anyway, I don't want to labor this topic into the ground. Just wanted to make that point.

nitriv

07-03-2006 20:49:10

Tj is right, but from what I understand there were some ppl from YFD that said you can complete offers on any pg, and other who said you must follow TOS. Either way, it explicitly states in the TOS that you can't do it, so don't. I think Gignate said that YFD overreacted to complaints from their sponsors. Why do you think that is? People have been completing all these trials multiple times, and those people should stop. Whether or not it's Gigante, I don't know, but whoever those people are have to stop for the survival of the freebie scene.

Gigante

07-03-2006 21:05:56

[quoteed40d1cc69="freedesktoppc"]Just because you and many others found out that YFD has no way of knowing what page it is, it is still wrong to do it, because as you know they get paid more for offers on later pages, and they count on that money as part of their biz model to send everyone their free gift. It was inevitable that they would eventually realize that they were losing a lot of money off people like you, and that they would take measures to stop it, and that has included only offering 1k for the plasmas, the now repealed dq emails,etc. If you knew about the flaw, and you do not feel wrong using it, go ahead, but to promote it in a moralless forum like this was just immature and stupid. While it has not happened yet, the people who tried to take advantage of the DIY sites could ruin it for people like me who have done everything 100% legitimately.[/quoteed40d1cc69]

YFDirect customer support told countless people that it was okay to do the offers from any page.

Adma

08-03-2006 06:53:40

[quote6fde8f5e1a="doylnea"][quote6fde8f5e1a="freedesktoppc"]I can not argue with that because clearly I do not know you, and I can not prove otherwise. However, I find it hard to believe that you, or anyone else here can complete so many DIY sites without any shady business. Assuming you have done nothing wrong, how many CCs have you signed up for? It must be a lot assuming you only did earthlink once, online biz system once, etc. There must be a reason this forum was locked to the public.[/quote6fde8f5e1a]

Have you ever considered that some folks have friends in real life who are interested in getting a plasma for $50? And since Gigante has been so helpful to us here, do you think that perhaps, just maybe he would help out his friends as well by teaching them how to do a DIY site? And then, just maybe, they would help him out by doing a site for him?

Further, the reason this forum is locked to guests, is so that all of the information that Gigante and Airkat assembled so that you ungrateful heathens could get your plasmas and cash wouldn't be just thrown out to the whole internet. And if someone wants to view this forum they have to take 30 seconds and register; I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to ask.[/quote6fde8f5e1a]

I agree, I could not have gotten my TV without a lot of the info provided in this forum ESPECIALLY from Gigante; thanks man, I really appreciate it

UniPrize Media

08-03-2006 09:32:13

Freedesk has a point. We all know whats going on but never discuss about it, which is a good thing. There is no way people complete these sites multiple times with out repeating the offers. If you do it, dont talk about it and keep it to yourself. Dont encourage others to do it.

I was not being sarcastic about gigante being a mod. I was not talking about the others. Gigante only been on this forum since AUGUST. I was just asking how they decide who becomes a mod. I think beign a mod sucks, bec all you get is kiss ass people and the ban power. Anywayz if he enjoyes it, good for him.

doylnea

08-03-2006 10:29:30

[quote4acf9cefce="ulenie"]I was not being sarcastic about gigante being a mod. I was not talking about the others. Gigante only been on this forum since AUGUST. I was just asking how they decide who becomes a mod. I think beign a mod sucks, bec all you get is kiss ass people and the ban power. Anywayz if he enjoyes it, good for him.[/quote4acf9cefce]

He's been here for 14 days fewer than you, but in that time, he contributed far more in one subforum than you've contributed to the entire FiPG. The decision on new mods is made by Admin and he chooses folks that help people out, have a level temper and ego, and represent the forum well.

UniPrize Media

08-03-2006 10:40:16

[quote26ce1a9bb5="doylnea"][quote26ce1a9bb5="ulenie"]I was not being sarcastic about gigante being a mod. I was not talking about the others. Gigante only been on this forum since AUGUST. I was just asking how they decide who becomes a mod. I think beign a mod sucks, bec all you get is kiss ass people and the ban power. Anywayz if he enjoyes it, good for him.[/quote26ce1a9bb5]

He's been here for 14 days fewer than you, but in that time, he contributed far more in one subforum than you've contributed to the entire FiPG. The decision on new mods is made by Admin and he chooses folks that help people out, have a level temper and ego, and represent the forum well.[/quote26ce1a9bb5]

K the Admin chooses people. But most of the stuff that is on this subforum is from scam.com.

PoPoJiJo

08-03-2006 10:46:16

I think gigante is an awesome mod I mean look at all he has contributed to this DIY forum and he has been catching shit shit for awhile now(for no good reason imo w/ maybe 1 exception but eh) and he has handled it with class and none of it has stopped him from being a helpful guy so stop being jealous and just congratulate the man

double_d

08-03-2006 10:47:21

[quoteaf23839edb="chillywilly"]When I signed up, I did 2 offers on page 1. I did 2 offers on page 2 and I did 2 offers on page 3. By the time I got to page 3, I saw some of the same offers on page 3 I saw on page 1.

So if it's fraud, why did I see some of the same offers on page 3 that I saw on page 1? Seems that the company (YFD in this case) really just cares you follow the rules and sign up for 6 offers, regardless of what page they are on.
[/quoteaf23839edb]

Amen.

doylnea

08-03-2006 11:06:37

[quote2115cbdd67="ulenie"][quote2115cbdd67="doylnea"][quote2115cbdd67="ulenie"]I was not being sarcastic about gigante being a mod. I was not talking about the others. Gigante only been on this forum since AUGUST. I was just asking how they decide who becomes a mod. I think beign a mod sucks, bec all you get is kiss ass people and the ban power. Anywayz if he enjoyes it, good for him.[/quote2115cbdd67]

He's been here for 14 days fewer than you, but in that time, he contributed far more in one subforum than you've contributed to the entire FiPG. The decision on new mods is made by Admin and he chooses folks that help people out, have a level temper and ego, and represent the forum well.[/quote2115cbdd67]

K the Admin chooses people. But most of the stuff that is on this subforum is from scam.com.[/quote2115cbdd67]

No, most of the stuff that is on this subforum was cross-posted by Gigante and Airkat at both forums.

Powerbook

08-03-2006 11:19:44

Um what's the big deal about who becomes a mod? Since the ADMIN owns this site he can do whatever he wants with it and pick whoever he wants to become a mod. So if you don't like it well, don't come here. I have been here for a short time, but i have always lurked around here for quite a while. As for frauding offers, Chilly brings up a good point about how the offers are placed on pages. For example, the ibook site from IRC has two earthlinks on the third page.

Wolfeman

08-03-2006 11:25:31

What a bunch of fucking haters. I want to shut this forum down and lock any thread talking about DIY. Gigante has helped so much and asked nothing in return and gotten bullshit instead. Nothing in this forum is against the rules as we knew them and if we discovered something was, it was removed promptly. We NEVER talked about frauding offers or sites and its pretty stupid to say we did. I'm glad he is a full mod and I think he deserves it.

kyks17

08-03-2006 11:39:13

im sorry for all the drama my thread has created (

please let's just either congratulate gigante in here or stop bickering

Wolfeman

08-03-2006 11:41:10

[quote395f2bbb99="kyks17"]im sorry for all the drama my thread has created (

please let's just either congratulate gigante in here or stop bickering[/quote395f2bbb99]
Look what you've done!

kyks17

08-03-2006 11:42:36

[quotef0048fccf3="Wolfeman"][quotef0048fccf3="kyks17"]im sorry for all the drama my thread has created (

please let's just either congratulate gigante in here or stop bickering[/quotef0048fccf3]
Look what you've done![/quotef0048fccf3]

(((

Powerbook

08-03-2006 11:53:41

[quote2c7bbef2d5="kyks17"][quote2c7bbef2d5="Wolfeman"][quote2c7bbef2d5="kyks17"]im sorry for all the drama my thread has created (

please let's just either congratulate gigante in here or stop bickering[/quote2c7bbef2d5]
Look what you've done![/quote2c7bbef2d5]

((([/quote2c7bbef2d5]

not your fault don't worry. It's just that some people don't appreciate what others do and they like to second guess everything. Bottomline is the ADMIN can pick whoever he wants to do whatever with his site, since it is his site. Congrats gigante, well earned.

Wolfeman

08-03-2006 11:56:13

[quote8a037f91c1="kyks17"][quote8a037f91c1="Wolfeman"][quote8a037f91c1="kyks17"]im sorry for all the drama my thread has created (

please let's just either congratulate gigante in here or stop bickering[/quote8a037f91c1]
Look what you've done![/quote8a037f91c1]

((([/quote8a037f91c1]
I ain't mad at cha...

Powerbook

08-03-2006 11:56:54

[quote4f5420e685="Wolfeman"][quote4f5420e685="kyks17"][quote4f5420e685="Wolfeman"][quote4f5420e685="kyks17"]im sorry for all the drama my thread has created (

please let's just either congratulate gigante in here or stop bickering[/quote4f5420e685]
Look what you've done![/quote4f5420e685]

((([/quote4f5420e685]
I ain't mad at cha...[/quote4f5420e685]

wolfeman is always there to set things straight D

double_d

08-03-2006 12:00:44

[quote7e33baee0e="Wolfeman"]I ain't mad at cha...[/quote7e33baee0e]

...got nothin' but love for ya!

UniPrize Media

08-03-2006 12:12:54

[quotef66819b1c8="Powerbook"][quotef66819b1c8="kyks17"][quotef66819b1c8="Wolfeman"][quotef66819b1c8="kyks17"]im sorry for all the drama my thread has created (

please let's just either congratulate gigante in here or stop bickering[/quotef66819b1c8]
Look what you've done![/quotef66819b1c8]

((([/quotef66819b1c8]

not your fault don't worry. It's just that some people don't appreciate what others do and they like to second guess everything. Bottomline is the ADMIN can pick whoever he wants to do whatever with his site, since it is his site. Congrats gigante, well earned.[/quotef66819b1c8]

Nobody is hating on Gigante, or at least I am not. If I was an ADMIN I would pick somebody who knows nothing about freebies and that will be the end of story.

By the way Gigante and Airkat barely posted on scam.com. That being said, they have brought all the scattered info from there to here and if that is what people find helpful, then be it.

chillywilly

08-03-2006 13:40:28

thx double_d
+ karma for you

Gigante

08-03-2006 16:43:21

Thanks to those that are glad I'm here. If you aren't, oh well, not going to stop answering your questions or anything.

EatChex89

09-03-2006 12:02:43

[quotebb8300775c="Gigante"]Thanks to those that are glad I'm here. If you aren't, oh well, not going to stop answering your questions or anything.[/quotebb8300775c]

congrats you motor-boatin' son of a bitch!

-D

Gigante

09-03-2006 16:23:57

Hah, that movie rocks.