Need some advice with a YFDirect "problem"

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33730

dropitlikeitshizzot

23-02-2006 10:15:16

YFDirect is telling me that they aren't going to give me credit for a Trimlife offer, because the charge was $1.95 instead of $5.95.

When I looked back in my notes, I captured this from the YFDirect pop-up when I clicked on the trimlife link

" 1. You are now being sent to the Trimlife offer. To complete this offer and get your free gift, you MUST submit valid address and credit card information and complete a successful purchase.
2. To get your free gift you must complete the required offer(s). See the help section for additional steps to receive your free gift.
3. Once our offer partner reports to us that you successfully completed this offer, your account will be updated accordingly for your . Please allow 6-8 weeks for your account to be updated.
4. If you have any questions regarding your free gift card, please click here for !"

I would think that I complied with these rules. I sent them the receipt from Trimlife, it's a "successful purchase." I don't understand why they didn't charge me $5.95.

Should I demand to get credit for this, or would I endanger myself with them. Or should I do something that credits quickly and just wait to get approval?

need advice!

manOFice

23-02-2006 10:16:53

did you click a pop up that offered this offer for cheaper?

ps.. you should get credit, u made a purchase

chewy

23-02-2006 10:18:17

[quoteacba6be62d="manofice"]did you click a pop up that offered this offer for cheaper?
[/quoteacba6be62d]

sometimes if you close a window it pops up with another offer cheaper, which would also explain why your credit didnt go through originally

manOFice

23-02-2006 10:19:15

[quote9373306d6c="chewy"][quote9373306d6c="manofice"]did you click a pop up that offered this offer for cheaper?
[/quote9373306d6c]

sometimes if you close a window it pops up with another offer cheaper, which would also explain why your credit didnt go through originally[/quote9373306d6c]

yeah thats what i was saying. wink

dropitlikeitshizzot

23-02-2006 10:24:54

But what about my question of should I press this with them. There was no specific statement of how much the purchase must be for -- just that it be a successful purchase. I define a successful purchase as my card was charged.

Should I press?

chewy

23-02-2006 10:30:01

i doubt they would give you credit since it could seem a little sketchy. it doesnt hurt to ask though, call back, will probably get a different person who may give you a different response

dropitlikeitshizzot

23-02-2006 10:37:12

If I don't get credit, any suggestions on an offer to do? How long are the approval certificates valid? Am I just screwed?

Bonsai

23-02-2006 11:08:35

[quotef54dceb162="dropitlikeitshizzot"]If I don't get credit, any suggestions on an offer to do? How long are the approval certificates valid? Am I just screwed?[/quotef54dceb162]

It sounds like this happened ... you clicked the offer from the YF Direct site, then after looking at the Advertiser site, you closed the window. You were then presented with a popup window that offered the same Advertiser's product for cheaper - so you went ahead and signed up for it.

The problem would be that YF Direct only gets paid for the "5.95 lead" and not the lesser one. If they didn't get paid for your lead, then I can't see them giving you credit for it.

Here's what I would do, I would KINDLY send them an e-mail with the screen shot you took of the Advertiser requirements, and let them know that the instructions don't specify a certain amount that must be charged to get credit.

If they push back, I wouldn't fight it ... I would just do another offer, to be honest.

dropitlikeitshizzot

23-02-2006 11:15:01

thank you, but how long will the approval links/certificates be valid? Will I have enough time to get another offer approved, etc. and mail in the certificates? thank you for your assistance

Bonsai

23-02-2006 11:20:03

[quote92e88526de="dropitlikeitshizzot"]thank you, but how long will the approval links/certificates be valid? Will I have enough time to get another offer approved, etc. and mail in the certificates? thank you for your assistance[/quote92e88526de]

I would kindly call them and ask. Their customer service reps are fantastic, and will help you as much as they can. I -think- the certs are good for 60 days, so you'll be able to do an offer now, and in 45 days, mail them all in.

... but check with YF Direct's reps just to be sure ) The YF Direct process takes FOREVER as it is, 45 additional days is nothing, really.

dropitlikeitshizzot

23-02-2006 11:28:25

Believe me, the 45 days is only a set-back, if I can still get the ibook. I'm only worried if they've jammed me!

Bonsai

23-02-2006 11:32:57

[quotea019d7f2be="dropitlikeitshizzot"]Believe me, the 45 days is only a set-back, if I can still get the ibook. I'm only worried if they've jammed me![/quotea019d7f2be]

dropit ... one more thing to add.

Apple is likely to release the NEW iBook (maybe called simply "macbook") on Tuesday at their press event [see this link[=http//appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1547]see this link]. So the extra 45 days could mean the difference of you getting a current iBook, or the brand new ones rumored to be coming out on Tuesday )

Maybe its a blessing in disguise?

[ia019d7f2be]Edit I have an iBook that I received from OfferCentric 11 months ago - and I LOVE it. Enjoy![/ia019d7f2be]

dropitlikeitshizzot

23-02-2006 13:30:54

Well, that's a cool possible silver lining.

I called YFD again. A guy told me they wouldn't credit the offer, and I didn't make a fuss. He said there was something about the $1.95 in their terms. I didn't see it, but whatever.

I just did ebay for the first time. Nice to have that option available to me on IOG. Did my two BIN's, too.

Anyway, he said that the approval links/certficates do not expire. This eases my mind somewhat.

thanks for the help

JeanneLynn

23-02-2006 22:04:37

Is this the same as LeanLife? I signed up for this through a different site and they charged me only $1.95. No pop up appeared either. I wonder if they lowered their price.