UltimaPatch disaster

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33292

RoBsTaMaCk

18-02-2006 09:22:49

So, my girlfriend and I signed up for Yfdirect sites and we both decided to check out the Ultima Patch offer. We each get our stuff, try it, and ultimately decide not to continue after our doctor recommended against them due to the nature of 'weight loss patches' and our medical history. We use the cancellation form on their website to discontinue shipments and even go so far as to email them and confirm that we won't be receiving any more. Well, you already know what's coming. Both of us get automatically charged $130.

I call them and they say it's too late for me; I have to receive the patches and mail them back. My girlfriend calls regarding hers and they tell her that it's a mistake and promise her she will get creditted back, won't receive the patches, and there won't be any problems. We BOTH ended up receiving the patches and my girlfriend got charged.

Not only did they purposely send us the stuff after we cancelled, they also lied to my girlfriend and told her she would get her money back and guaranteed her there would be no further need to contact them. I highly urge you not to do this offer even if you are interested in it. Also, be sure to call them on the phone and don't trust any electronic communication with them whatsoever. Even then, don't trust any verbal communication with them.

bballp6699

18-02-2006 09:25:10

A lot of offers are doing this now. Looks like they've had enough of being used up like cheap whores.

Bonsai

18-02-2006 09:32:13

[quote973ea0de8c="RoBsTaMaCk"]So, my girlfriend and I signed up for Yfdirect sites and we both decided to check out the Ultima Patch offer. We each get our stuff, try it, and ultimately decide not to continue after our doctor recommended against them due to the nature of 'weight loss patches' and our medical history. We use the cancellation form on their website to discontinue shipments and even go so far as to email them and confirm that we won't be receiving any more. Well, you already know what's coming. Both of us get automatically charged $130.

I call them and they say it's too late for me; I have to receive the patches and mail them back. My girlfriend calls regarding hers and they tell her that it's a mistake and promise her she will get creditted back, won't receive the patches, and there won't be any problems. We BOTH ended up receiving the patches and my girlfriend got charged.

Not only did they purposely send us the stuff after we cancelled, they also lied to my girlfriend and told her she would get her money back and guaranteed her there would be no further need to contact them. I highly urge you not to do this offer even if you are interested in it. Also, be sure to call them on the phone and don't trust any electronic communication with them whatsoever. Even then, don't trust any verbal communication with them.[/quote973ea0de8c]

This is very interesting - can you tell me

a. Which day you ordered
b. Which day you cancelled
c. Which day they charged your credit card for the $130

Thanks!

Vector

18-02-2006 09:45:45

ultima patch sounds like ultima source or ultima zone

igneous

18-02-2006 10:10:32

I sent my patches back in december, and am STILL waiting for my refund. I called three times and they tell me it will go through within a week. Two weeks later each time, no refund. After this time Im just filing a dispute with this POS company.Definite scammers.

icojones

18-02-2006 11:14:20

I'm pretty sure Ultima's terms have always specified phone cancellations only. I dont think there is even such a thing as an online cancellation form.

KyleRaker

18-02-2006 11:16:22

Did this for a referral site and got lucky they didn't charge me the huge amount after I cancelled the Autoship. Signed up Saturday night and cancelled Monday morning. I never received my free patches they were supposed to send me even though my CC shows the 7.95 charge. Crediting was slow. Definitely not a good offer to do regardless.

cyberpunk243

18-02-2006 11:24:13

I did that offer a few weeks ago and it went through fine. If they give you shit just tell them you have recorded their conversations and kept proof and are about to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

gregcool

18-02-2006 13:47:36

Ultimapatch has been doing that randomly forever. I did it back in the summer and they did the same thing to me, I sent it back and got the refund.

PumaPride77

18-02-2006 14:20:47

ah no that's terrible, i just did it on tuesday. Any suggestions to helping make sure they don't screw me over?

phoebe7

18-02-2006 14:24:32

^^ maybe cancel your card.

ragefu

18-02-2006 16:17:28

Yeah they have tried to charge the $130 to my paypal card like 3 times, but it always gets denied because theres not enough money in there )

afro_wolff

18-02-2006 17:07:01

Wow...this is some pretty F'd up crap....Just looked into mine over the internet and will be calling monday. So from what i see is in there TOS they don't require you to send back patches...but if you randomly get charged some bogus charge they'll say to retun the patches then they'll refund??

Shaggy135

19-02-2006 07:43:56

I did this offer a while ago, got credit really fast but I didn't cancel in time so they sent me the patches and charged me $130. But I sent them back and eventually got my refund. Just have to keep calling them. But its worth it when you get your prize.

Diggety

20-02-2006 05:42:07

I have had the same thing happen. I called them within the correct time. Canceled my account and they charged me 129.90. I called their customer service and the lady informed me that the rep I spoke to last time canceled an account I opened in October. I asked for a refund and she said I would have it in 5-7 business days. Are you people saying that Ultima never gives refunds? If that is the case, I will simply have my CC challenge the charge, but I think I will wait 5-7 business days before doing that. Has anyone actually got a refund once they were told they were getting one?

afro_wolff

20-02-2006 06:12:17

[quotea96a0acaa0="gregcool"]Ultimapatch has been doing that randomly forever. I did it back in the summer and they did the same thing to me, I sent it back and got the refund.[/quotea96a0acaa0]

^
|
|
|
|

darkscout

20-02-2006 08:33:30

[quote49f2ca003e="PumaPride77"]ah no that's terrible, i just did it on tuesday. Any suggestions to helping make sure they don't screw me over?[/quote49f2ca003e]

Citibank card with Virtual Account Number
Simon Visa Debit card

PumaPride77

20-02-2006 13:29:09

For those of you that got screwed over, did they send you guys a confirmation of cancellation email, then still do it?

kevxross

20-02-2006 13:42:30

[quotee3d5d27fc1="darkscout"][quotee3d5d27fc1="PumaPride77"]ah no that's terrible, i just did it on tuesday. Any suggestions to helping make sure they don't screw me over?[/quotee3d5d27fc1]

Citibank card with Virtual Account Number
Simon Visa Debit card[/quotee3d5d27fc1]

Too late for that if he already did it...

Shaggy135

21-02-2006 15:17:16

when I canceled they told me 2-3 weeks for a refund, after that time passed, I called back to see what was going on, then they told me 7-10 business days after the day that I called, I got it back 4 business days later.

massman

22-02-2006 10:35:05

http//www.ultimapatch.com/cancel.php

I've used this 2x without any problem.

hope that helps!

gregcool

22-02-2006 10:44:57

I also signed up for LeanLife which everyone has problems with, i cancelled my card and getting a new one. Hopefully they didn't bill me before hand.

RoBsTaMaCk

22-02-2006 11:26:56

[quote3811e153ec="massman"]http//www.ultimapatch.com/cancel.php

I've used this 2x without any problem.

hope that helps![/quote3811e153ec]
That's what I used. AND, I sent them an email to confirm it. Still got charged.