DIY is the way to go now a days.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31740

Eric P

28-01-2006 20:03:32

Getting referrals and stuff takes so much effort with trading, bugging friends family etc.. I've come to the conclusion that diy is the real way to go. Thoughts?

BTW we have like our own community here, they should move this higher up on the page.

ilanbg

28-01-2006 20:45:56

The funny thing is these things have been around for months, if not years, but until chex mentioned they were legit, we all ignored them. I know I for one signed up at least a dozen times, then never went back to the DIY site when I saw I had to do so many offers; I just assumed it was a scam or something impossibly hard.

EatChex89

28-01-2006 22:14:39

[quote0c98599086="ilanbg"]The funny thing is these things have been around for months, if not years, but [b0c98599086]until chex mentioned they were legit[/b0c98599086], we all ignored them. I know I for one signed up at least a dozen times, then never went back to the DIY site when I saw I had to do so many offers; I just assumed it was a scam or something impossibly hard.[/quote0c98599086]

I'm not exactly sure if it was me... I think someone posted about receiving a $100 gift card from anyfreegift (YF Direct) so I headed over there, and did it for an xbox.. i got a $150 check instead.

Maybe that fueled it?

But, In all reality, I'm going to agree with Admin when he contradicted me when I said that DIY were the sites of the future.

They aren't the sites of the future. Think about it, you're going to run out of offers to do sooner or later, with referrals, you have only have to have one person pick one offer out of around 10 different offers.. and then that same person can go ahead and do X other sites for you.

Not sure if I am making much sense, but that's the way I see it.
DIY are good if you can do the offers.

tylerc

28-01-2006 22:48:22

The thing I like about DIY sites is no risk of getting scammed by people frauding offers, I know that I will get through and get my gift.

tjwor

29-01-2006 02:28:14

[quotede7aa3e3c3="Poll"]No. Takes too much time.[/quotede7aa3e3c3]

Shit, referal sites take too much time for me! haha, i've been working on 2 Lucky4Free Network sites since before I started the DIY's, and i'm sure i'll have all of my DIY's before I get my L4F gifts... I HATE REFERALS!!!!!

bettysbeast

30-01-2006 20:15:27

[quote1a3c502403="ilanbg"]The funny thing is these things have been around for months, if not years, but until chex mentioned they were legit, we all ignored them. I know I for one signed up at least a dozen times, then never went back to the DIY site when I saw I had to do so many offers; I just assumed it was a scam or something impossibly hard.[/quote1a3c502403]
I did one almost a year ago as my first freebie site and posted at refstop.com http//www.refstop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3617 when I finally got my dell. It wasn't the greatest experience, but I'm thinking of trying an IRC site now.

hyperboarder

30-01-2006 20:33:32

I credit Junior with a lot of this, he started the ibook revolution, and was the nuitech pioneer. I did a yfdirect site a while back, and didn't think twice about the possible goldmine in this side of the freebie world, but this forum is exploding. I'm just wondering how much longer the sites can afford to run.

ragefu

30-01-2006 21:04:55

There should be an option for both. But I think these sites will probably be around longer than referral sites. For one thing, there is no middleman like freepay, they get all the money from the advertisers. And for like the yfdirect sites, I'd say its a very very small % are like us. There is no way I would have figured out how to complete any of these sites without it being explained on here. They make you jump through hoops just to get the confirmation email

TheWorkGuy

30-01-2006 23:49:13

I find it ironic that I use to use DIY sites as a poor example of how some freebie sites are scams, to get referrals...

Now, I'm like #$## it, I'll do this shit myslef and for a faction of the time and cost of even the best referral-based sites!

I don't even want to think about how long it would take for me to get a Plasma off of a referral-based site, like OC's Plasma4Free.com, 22 refs! + There F'in OODs!

Screw that I'm DIM'in IT!

TWG

crazyates

31-01-2006 09:33:55

ya i think the DIY sites are easier..but only if you know what you're doing. i mean they make it so hard...they probably have sooo many people who just give up. if it's one thing that's gonna cause thier sites to fail...it's this forum showing everyone how to actually get thier gifts! shock

i did 6 offers through freepay...one for me and 5 through trading.
now i just did 6 offers through internetopiniongroup...and i'm getting a $1k gift card. I like it a lot better... and i think this is what i'm sticking to for now!

joedude1

16-02-2006 15:38:07

[quote9c04966543="tjwor"][quote9c04966543="Poll"]No. Takes too much time.[/quote9c04966543]

Shit, referal sites take too much time for me! haha, i've been working on 2 Lucky4Free Network sites since before I started the DIY's, and i'm sure i'll have all of my DIY's before I get my L4F gifts... I HATE REFERALS!!!!![/quote9c04966543]
well it all depends on the sites like if it's a site with instant offers like train or freepay you can trade for refs really fast!

J4320

16-02-2006 16:08:55

DIY's rock my socks.

shortys408

16-02-2006 16:40:52

I like to diversify my freebies. Recently iv finished my last freepay site (thats right i finished all of their sites) and in the mean time I have been doing freebie sites and have already received 2200$ in gifts and I am still expecting 550$ in giftcards and a plasma tv.