scam.com has members riled up on this plasma issue

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31071

Eric P

21-01-2006 11:25:03

http//scam.com/showthread.php?p=147478#post147478

scam.com + freeipodguide can probably have enough people to get them to send a prize that they advertised.

btw.
YFdirect advertises this prize as a sony that comes with speakers. This is only with the HDTV plasma which is not the one they are sending.

i'm calling on monday
801.316.0555 Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm PST

LucaBella

21-01-2006 11:38:33

You guys are being dumb. In some cases with YF direct you can do all the offers for a paltry 6 dollars, and you will get a price worth around 1500, or possibly a check for more than 2 grand.

what in hell are you greedy asses complaining about?

Calling and demanding an upgrade in gifts is stupid and I hope like hell no one else does it.

Gigante

21-01-2006 11:44:43

This is definitely a good thread to check out.

This isn't too relevant, but I find it interesting that techdepot raised the price on their Plasma from $1699 to $2000.

http//www.techdepot.com/pro/product.asp?productID=3398363&info=Tech#tabs

I would take a $1500 check over the $1700 or $2000 tv. Was at Costco last night, and they had 32" hdtv for $1k, heh.

kyks17

21-01-2006 11:45:27

i wont be calling demanding an upgrade, ill be calling and trying to ensure that i get what they said i would - a TV with speakers, not a monitor without.

Wolfeman

21-01-2006 11:46:07

Luca,
I agree its free but it says it has speakers and it is kinda lame they are sending out monitors. I'm not calling to complain but that hurts my resale value (

hyperboarder

21-01-2006 16:48:09

Beggars can't be choosers.

Wolfeman

21-01-2006 16:49:32

[quote8c0e307f0a="hyperboarder"]Beggars can't be choosers.[/quote8c0e307f0a]

We are beggers we are consumers. Its not right that they say its a TV with speakers and its a monitor with no speakers...

skooter22c

21-01-2006 17:40:48

ok Luca and Hyper, next time you get a gift for your birthday you didn't ask for please refrain from taking it back for a new one or for your money back. We aren't begging to start with as Wolfe said we had to work and spend money to get these items. If a store advertises a sale or rebate and when you get to the store and you find out the rebate or sale is different do you ask what happened or just buy it anyway?? All we are doing is asking them to send us what was advertised not send us a bigger better TV.

tvitems

21-01-2006 19:40:27

could someone please please tell me how long it takes for the offers on that site to credit and how long it takes to receive it or other details on redemption, PLEASE.

thanks!

kyks17

21-01-2006 20:28:38

if u looked at any other threads, u would know its 45 days from in progress to approved, and another 45 days from approved to shipped. please try looking around more next time, its been said many times.

JUNIOR6886

21-01-2006 22:10:42

im pretty upset at the situation as well. What the hell am I supposed to do with a 42 inch plasma monitor. shock Im gonna call on monday and demand answers. I dont understand why they cant just send the money they planned on using to buy the monitor as a check so i can get a plasma with an HD turner.

nick_e

22-01-2006 17:11:46

Dude there definetly loosing money on this offer do you think there getting paid over 200 for each of ther 6 offers you have to do for this most sites require 30 or more for somthing like this if you call atention to this they will probubly raise the offer requirements.

Try this shut up but a tuner and some sarround sound and quit bitchin or you'll ruin this awsome deal for a bunch of people. There more likally to raise the referral requirements then to change out the TV for somthing else.

hyperboarder

22-01-2006 17:16:15

Wow, this is a very divided topic. Now I want a TV as much as the next guy, but you know what, I'm sure at least half of the people bitching about the plasma are walking the line on YF's TOS. Like nick said, they could raise requirements, or actually stick to their TOS and disqualify tons of you (mainly the #of offers per page rule). If I get the plasma, so be it. I'll be getting two, and with any luck, I'll be able to squeeze 3k out of them. No, it's not 5k like I was hoping, but hell, for a couple months and about a hundred bucks, I'm not fucking complaining.

Oh yeah, skooter22c, go fuck yourself, you're example is not like this at all. If a store advertised a 2.5k TV for damn near free, and I got there and found out it was worth 500 less, I'd still have a few under my arms on the way out. I'll admit there were a few missteps on YFdirect's part, but goddamn, you guys are fucking greedy.

ragefu

22-01-2006 17:25:57

[quote142c40e25f="hyperboarder"]Wow, this is a very divided topic. Now I want a TV as much as the next guy, but you know what, I'm sure at least half of the people bitching about the plasma are walking the line on YF's TOS. Like nick said, they could raise requirements, or actually stick to their TOS and disqualify tons of you (mainly the #of offers per page rule). If I get the plasma, so be it. I'll be getting two, and with any luck, I'll be able to squeeze 3k out of them. No, it's not 5k like I was hoping, but hell, for a couple months and about a hundred bucks, I'm not fucking complaining.
[/quote142c40e25f]

Yeah that's a good point, they could easily dq everyone so I'm not gonna push it by calling and complaining

Wolfeman

22-01-2006 17:27:09

I did everything right. I did 2 offers on each page and I want the TV like they advertised...

Gigante

22-01-2006 18:07:08

The offers are almost the same on every page, so why would u even need to do 3 on one page and 3 on the other. They just said that you can. They will raise their requirements no matter what once all of these people hit them. The reason they haven't is because they are lagged by 4 months because of their wait, so they don't realize the hit. NUITech already raised because they ship 1month.

kyks17

22-01-2006 18:10:09

i also did 2 offers per page as they said, i didnt do anything wrong according to their TOS. were not being greedy just because we want what was listed instead of something else.

Wolfeman

22-01-2006 18:12:06

[quote18b872f93b="kyks17"]i also did 2 offers per page as they said, i didnt do anything wrong according to their TOS. were not being greedy just because we want what was listed instead of something else.[/quote18b872f93b]

Exactly. Nothing else matters but the fact they should ship exactly what they say they will or something equal...

nick_e

22-01-2006 18:15:05

What matters is that your getting a freeking good deal anyway.

tjwor

22-01-2006 18:19:00

Yes, I also did everything as it said I needed. 2 on each page, and i want a TV not a monitor.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I had a surround sound set up and digital cable/satelite... but I don't. I don't feel like I should have to spend $300-$400 of my own to get this monitor to work when I was promised a Plasma TV. I don't have that kind of money to just spend on that stuff... but that isn't all of why I want a TV. I want a TV instead of a Monitor because they are getting ripped off by purchasing a monitor for 2K. I can find a much better TV for less than that. Tech Depot raised the price of that plasma monitor from $1699 to $2000...

I just feel like EFG is buying the plasma's for tons less than they say. I think tech depot is selling time to EFG for under $1500... They are trying to make it look like they are spending 2K so people won't complain while they could be getting something much better for $2K...

This is all my opinion, and I don't feel that I am doing something bad by complaing about them not sending me what they said they would...

skooter22c

22-01-2006 18:21:32

hyper it has nothing to do with being greedy, it is getting what you signed up for. Yes but if you showed up to the store and it was a different TV that was not worth the same amout you would say something, you would not say wow let me buy 5 without asking why they advertised the wrong thing. YFdirect is not loosing any money doing this, if they were they would be out of the game. They have been in the game as long as any others and they are still in it. Which means they are making a good deal of money providing this service from the sponsors. If they could not afford to send out these TVs they would not have offered them or changed the requirements already. If you had business sense you would know that! I am not worried because I read the TOS and I know I am in compliance.

hyperboarder

23-01-2006 11:02:11

[quotee4d80ac45f="skooter22c"]hyper it has nothing to do with being greedy, it is getting what you signed up for. Yes but if you showed up to the store and it was a different TV that was not worth the same amout you would say something, you would not say wow let me buy 5 without asking why they advertised the wrong thing. YFdirect is not loosing any money doing this, if they were they would be out of the game. They have been in the game as long as any others and they are still in it. Which means they are making a good deal of money providing this service from the sponsors. If they could not afford to send out these TVs they would not have offered them or changed the requirements already. If you had business sense you would know that! I am not worried because I read the TOS and I know I am in compliance.[/quotee4d80ac45f]

They make money because nobody ever finishes the sites cuz they take so damn long. Up until this forum was started, 95% of the people on FIPG had never heard of YFdirect, but now they have a wave of completions coming, and a completed account cannot be profitable, especially for this gift. If they get this TV for 1k, which is amazingly unlikely, they still lose cash, because 6 offers, at a very generous 150 per offer, is still only 900 to them, at a loss of 100 dollars.

I have no doubt in my mind that either the requirements will go up, or the site will go down. They just started shipping all of the completions from here and scam.com, so eventually, it'll catch up with them. I'm not saying that I wouldn't take a TV over the monitor, or that I don't secretly want the TV (or the check if we're speaking in hypotheticals), I'm just saying that I will take what I get, and when the offer requirements triple, I know exactly who I'll be pissed at.

ffactoryxx

23-01-2006 11:25:34

Well i did just 6 random offersand i hope now that everyone is doing these sites they dont crunch down on me and i get screwed outta this deal

hyperboarder

23-01-2006 11:27:00

[quote1b0a02d3fb="ffactoryxx"]Well i did just 6 random offersand i hope now that everyone is doing these sites they dont crunch down on me and i get screwed outta this deal[/quote1b0a02d3fb]

To be honest, so did I. I really doubt you'll get dq'ed, same with everyone else that did this. But I'm damn near positive they'll raise the offer reqs.

ffactoryxx

23-01-2006 11:31:18

[quote8e99038edf="hyperboarder"][quote8e99038edf="ffactoryxx"]Well i did just 6 random offersand i hope now that everyone is doing these sites they dont crunch down on me and i get screwed outta this deal[/quote8e99038edf]

To be honest, so did I. I really doubt you'll get dq'ed, same with everyone else that did this. But I'm damn near positive they'll raise the offer reqs.[/quote8e99038edf]

Yea. I better finish MSG today then while its still 6 offers. 3 down 3 to go. Better have my brother work on bigwin as well

skillet2003

23-01-2006 11:41:18

does anyone know if a regular dvd or vcr have a tv tuner already? so i can plug my antenna into that and then that into my "monitor"?

Eric P

23-01-2006 11:45:48

i think it does but u wont get as clear a picture

Brutus

23-01-2006 12:27:26

I for one will be happy with the TV with speakers or the 42 inch monitor. It's not like it is a computer monitor. It just doesn't have a tuner card.

Do the majority of the people that are complaining have cable or satelite? If you do it won't make much of a difference to you if it doesn't have a tuner card, because that is what your sat or cable box acts as.

LucaBella

23-01-2006 12:35:17

As I have mentioned elsewhere, the main problem is that the "monitor vs. TV" is a tech issue. It's sort of like how Champagne can only be called champagne if its made in that region of france, and everything else is "sparkling wine" yet every bottle with bubbles from anywhere on the globe is typically called Champagne.

To most people, a plasma TV is that big flat TV that you can hang on the wall. A monitor is something that comes on a computer, and the two aren't related. I don't think many people would understand the "honest" advert for a 42" Plasma Monitor. I think people would think it's overkill for a computer, and move on, looking for a plasma TV. So when I see the listing on EveryFreeGift, or Market survey and they say "plasma Tv with built in speakers" and what we get is technically a "monitor with built in amp" I'm not suprised.

Dont get me wrong, I got a plasma TV like 5 days ago and its still in the box because I don't have a stand and I don't know how this whole thing is going to work out, and I wish there was a stand but I don't get the ANGER that many of you have. I think the term "all riled up" is very accurate, people are incredibly angry like they thought they were getting a plasma and instead they got a 20" flat screen TV. Some people are acting like they paid top dollar for the best plasma going and they didn't get it, and I do not understand this.

As pointed out, many of these sites say that if you don't agree with something that they do, leave the site. Don't email, don't call, just leave. I don't know where you guys see the negotiating room... but good luck.

Unfortunately, I think some of you are just going to get burned, ignoring the AMAZING gift that you're getting while acting like it's the biggest most unfair option in the world. So when you get nothing.. I'm thinking a plasma MONITOR would look damned good compared to it.

kyks17

23-01-2006 13:55:44

i cant speak for all of us, but im not liangryli about this. im not going to call and yell at them and demand to talk to the supervisor. im just interested in getting at least something with speakers. if cable boxes can double as tuners...fine. i wouldnt know, ive never had one. but i dont currently have anything i could hook up to it for audio, and id just like to get what they listed, which was built in stereo theater speakers. i dont see how those would be the same as just an amp.

and i especially dunt understand how calling to see about what theyll be sending will make them not send me anything at all. i dunt plan on threatening them...

srichter

23-01-2006 13:58:34

[quote2577aee27c="kyks17"]i cant speak for all of us, but im not [b2577aee27c]liangryli[/b2577aee27c] about this. im not going to call and [b2577aee27c]yell[/b2577aee27c] at them and demand to talk to the supervisor.

[snip]

i dunt plan on [b2577aee27c]threatening[/b2577aee27c] them...[/quote2577aee27c]

You contradict yourself too many times to make your post logical

kyks17

23-01-2006 14:39:22

i dunt see how saying im not angry, i wont yell, and i wont threaten are contradictory statements.

Wolfeman

23-01-2006 14:49:21

She said shes not angry and shes not going to threaten them she just wants to know why they are shipping something other than what was advertised. I don't see the contridiction.

srichter,
Did you do EFG or MSG?

Gigante

23-01-2006 19:48:48

I am actually printing my EFG certs today and my MSG tomorrow. Maybe they will combine the two and ship me one good tv, lol. I tried calling them two times today, but hung up after being on hold for 15mins+ each time.

srichter

24-01-2006 13:25:34

[quotef67f4746d5="kyks17"]i dunt see how saying im not angry, i wont yell, and i wont threaten are contradictory statements.[/quotef67f4746d5]

Sorry, your poor use of grammar and spelling made me misread your post.

Yes Wolfeman I've done them both.

Wolfeman

24-01-2006 14:13:37

Are you keeping them?

kyks17

24-01-2006 14:55:55

[quote51670f7cc8="srichter"][quote51670f7cc8="kyks17"]i dunt see how saying im not angry, i wont yell, and i wont threaten are contradictory statements.[/quote51670f7cc8]

Yes Wolfeman I've done them both.[/quote51670f7cc8]

you clearly do not know what grammar is vs punctuation. and i don't think spelling 1 word wrong counts as poor use of spelling.

anyyyyways, i called them just now to find out when i would go shipped, and also to ask about the tv. they said i should be shipped by the 9th (woot!) and that it is a sony plasma tv with a tuner and speakers (i specified if it had these things or not). i then went further and asked if i would be able to plug my coax in and it would work, or would i need a separate cable box and he said he didn't know but he could probably check. i didnt feel like waiting on hold anymore so i said that was ok. i asked why others had gotten monitors without tuners or speakers and he said he didnt know, but it should have both those things.

my boyfriend also called earlier today regarding them getting his certs, and asked about the tv (implying has tuner when i say tv) vs monitor, and they told him it definitely had speakers and if he got one that didnt have speakers, he just needs to call back and tell them and they would fix it.

so 2 different CS reps said yes to speakers, 1 said yes to tuner (my boyfriend didnt ask about the tuner specifically), and 1 said yes to them correcting any deficiency. so we should be good.

Wolfeman

24-01-2006 14:57:50

Thanks kyks. Good info. When did they get your certs? I'm wondering when I'll ship...

kyks17

24-01-2006 14:58:51

they got mine on 12/9, but i already knew that from asking them over email )

ffactoryxx

24-01-2006 15:46:16

FUCK YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyfreegift down and waiting on 2 more of my 6 on marketsurvey group. Should be a good spring

Eric P

24-01-2006 18:09:13

Thanks for the follow up. i tried calling but didn't have time to wait longer on hold. + karma to you.

Eric.

[quote299a51183a="kyks17"][quote299a51183a="srichter"][quote299a51183a="kyks17"]i dunt see how saying im not angry, i wont yell, and i wont threaten are contradictory statements.[/quote299a51183a]

Yes Wolfeman I've done them both.[/quote299a51183a]

you clearly do not know what grammar is vs punctuation. and i don't think spelling 1 word wrong counts as poor use of spelling.

anyyyyways, i called them just now to find out when i would go shipped, and also to ask about the tv. they said i should be shipped by the 9th (woot!) and that it is a sony plasma tv with a tuner and speakers (i specified if it had these things or not). i then went further and asked if i would be able to plug my coax in and it would work, or would i need a separate cable box and he said he didn't know but he could probably check. i didnt feel like waiting on hold anymore so i said that was ok. i asked why others had gotten monitors without tuners or speakers and he said he didnt know, but it should have both those things.

my boyfriend also called earlier today regarding them getting his certs, and asked about the tv (implying has tuner when i say tv) vs monitor, and they told him it definitely had speakers and if he got one that didnt have speakers, he just needs to call back and tell them and they would fix it.

so 2 different CS reps said yes to speakers, 1 said yes to tuner (my boyfriend didnt ask about the tuner specifically), and 1 said yes to them correcting any deficiency. so we should be good.[/quote299a51183a]

srichter

24-01-2006 20:07:24

[quote9cda8a391a="Wolfeman"]Are you keeping them?[/quote9cda8a391a]

Didn't get them yet; I might keep one (even though I'm going to college 2 months after I get it)

JUNIOR6886

03-02-2006 18:58:29

Good news. It looks like some scam.com members are getting $230
7 watt TVS from EFG to go along with their Monitor due to the lack of internal speakers. D

http//www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=9308 for more info )

igneous

03-02-2006 19:57:12

[quoteb2b1bd2528="JUNIOR6886"]Good news. It looks like some scam.com members are getting $230
7 watt TVS from EFG to go along with their Monitor due to the lack of internal speakers. D

http//www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=9308 for more info )[/quoteb2b1bd2528]
Umm, he got the speaker set from efg, and spent his $230 bucks on a tuner and stand.

CoMpFrEaK

03-02-2006 20:47:41

[quote5b0a10cc13="igneous"][quote5b0a10cc13="JUNIOR6886"]Good news. It looks like some scam.com members are getting $230

http//www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=9308 for more info )[/quote5b0a10cc13]
Umm, he got the speaker set from efg, and spent his $230 bucks on a tuner and stand.[/quote5b0a10cc13]

Hes saying the speakers are valued at $230

chazmann

03-02-2006 22:31:41

I've already signed up for the plasma on marketrsurveygroup....but Im waiting on that to finish up my ibook for everyfreegift.com

With all this talk about them raising their requirements...I wanted to know...

If I already signed up while it was 6...can they make it higher or am I locked in at six offers?

hyperboarder

04-02-2006 16:10:37

[quote317050417d="chazmann"]I've already signed up for the plasma on marketrsurveygroup....but Im waiting on that to finish up my ibook for everyfreegift.com

With all this talk about them raising their requirements...I wanted to know...

If I already signed up while it was 6...can they make it higher or am I locked in at six offers?[/quote317050417d]

A. Completely wrong thread, try the plasma discussion, or MSG
B. Nobody knows, it hasn't happened yet, so there aren't any precedents

JUNIOR6886

06-02-2006 14:58:14

I called today to ask about the status of my plasma. They said they got my certs on 12/12 and it takes 8 weeks from approval to shipping. She also mentioned that there might be a delay because they are having
"Issues" with the plasma shock of course I said "rather than wait for the issues with the plasma to be resolved, why not send me a check? Surely sending a check would be easier for BOTH of us....." She said "wait till the 8 week period passes" shrug

Wolfeman

06-02-2006 15:01:08

8 weeks http//users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/014.gif[" alt=""/img35eb9d4227]

kyks17

06-02-2006 18:17:07

wah i want my plasma now! aka in 3 days when my 8 weeks are up. unless of course resolving the "issues" equates to getting a better model. did they say about how long to expect to wait past the 8 weeks to get it due to the issues?

JUNIOR6886

06-02-2006 20:19:50

She sounded hella pissed on the phone so i didn't try to press too much for answers. She even said some people were even returning the "TV" because it wasnt a TV. If you ask me, I don't think its far fetched to expect a check or an upgraded model now. wink

ffactoryxx

06-02-2006 20:23:14

O maybe they give up a piece of shit hdtv or hell maybe they close the site and we dont get jack.

Im kinda scared. Could they just close the site and not give us crap

JUNIOR6886

06-02-2006 20:28:38

Or maybe you will learn how to use the spellcheck feature.
The lady said they were working on resolving the TV issue she didn't once imply that they were shutting down because people are complaining. Think about it They are spending far more on this edtv monitor alone than what HDTVS with built in turners and speakers cost. They won't suddenly decide to close up shop over something stupid like this...

kyks17

06-02-2006 21:32:20

heh people are returning it? wtf would they get outta that O_o

Wolfeman

06-02-2006 22:16:06

[quotede557897e7="kyks17"]heh people are returning it? wtf would they get outta that O_o[/quotede557897e7]

Yeah I don't get that at all...

JUNIOR6886

13-02-2006 06:53:19

[quote6c4d69581b="kyks17"]heh people are returning it? wtf would they get outta that O_o[/quote6c4d69581b]

i was very puzzled when she siad that also.... then again you can never underestimate the stupidity of people.....

btw shouldnt your account show shipped by now?

kyks17

13-02-2006 08:58:41

yeah it ought to but it still just says approved/confirmed, ill give em a call later

JUNIOR6886

13-02-2006 09:53:34

I just called because i should have turned shipped by now also and the lady on the phone said the TV's are backorded and i should wait 2-4 more weeks before it ships....

kyks17

13-02-2006 11:26:20

bah 2 to 4 more weeks? ( its my bday in 9 days and i wanted it by then. oh well, late bday present is still good. why not just send checks if theyre back ordered O_o isnt that the magic of back ordered?

jamie123

13-02-2006 16:23:21

just called, 42 inch plasma screen panasonic , she mentioned as soona s i asked that it DOES include a TV TUNER and SPEAKERS

so please stop complaining. lol

but, does anyone know if this tv is high def or edtv?

kyks17

13-02-2006 16:25:20

[quoted1deef4dd3="jamie123"]just called, 42 inch plasma screen panasonic , she mentioned as soona s i asked that it DOES include a TV TUNER and SPEAKERS

but, does anyone know if this tv is high def or edtv?[/quoted1deef4dd3]

nice. u shoulda asked that question while u were on the fone heh. and i dunt think any of us are complaining anymore.

jamie123

13-02-2006 16:27:50

[quote2e7e2e9f97="kyks17"][quote2e7e2e9f97="jamie123"]just called, 42 inch plasma screen panasonic , she mentioned as soona s i asked that it DOES include a TV TUNER and SPEAKERS

but, does anyone know if this tv is high def or edtv?[/quote2e7e2e9f97]

nice. u shoulda asked that question while u were on the fone heh. and i dunt think any of us are complaining anymore.[/quote2e7e2e9f97]

lol i did ask, she didn't nkow haha

kyks17

13-02-2006 16:38:32

oh haha. i just called em too, see the EFG thread for what happened

tjwor

13-02-2006 16:39:44

[quote03baf4b5ca="kyks17"]oh haha. i just called em too, see the EFG thread for what happened[/quote03baf4b5ca]

They are still open?

kyks17

13-02-2006 16:42:53

yeah apparently its til 5pm PST not EST. i called since that other guy said he just called

tjwor

13-02-2006 16:44:15

[quote817125bdcb="kyks17"]yeah apparently its til 5pm PST not EST. i called since that other guy said he just called[/quote817125bdcb]

man, how long was your hold time? i always get ini hold for like 15 min... at least

kyks17

13-02-2006 16:46:00

the first call was on hold and finished in 5 mins exactly. the 2nd call went straight to an operator D

tjwor

13-02-2006 16:52:11

[quotea7702456cc="kyks17"]the first call was on hold and finished in 5 mins exactly. the 2nd call went straight to an operator D[/quotea7702456cc]

Damn You! http//www.emerchandise.com/images/p/FGY/pdPNFGY0004.jpg[" alt=""/imga7702456cc]

JUNIOR6886

15-02-2006 12:53:46

Looks like we'll be getting a panasonic afterall..... I wish i knew which model exactly though... (crosses fingers hoping its a HDTV)

Hello, we were having TV problems but we have remedied that by getting
a different brand of TV. It will not be a Sony instead it will be a
Panasonic.

MeLinda

-----Original Message-----
From censored [mailtocensored]
Sent Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1156 AM
To EFG Support Tier 1
Subject Gift status / Other

Hi. I signed up on everyfreegift.com for a sony 42 inch plasma TV. My
certificates were recieved on December 12 and I was told that the Tv
would be shipped 6-8 weeks after that date. Its been past 8 weeks and