What really turns people off on DIY sites...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29293

J4320

28-12-2005 10:52:57

I bet the little "interrogation" at the beginning when you sign up really annoys/makes people leave/bothers new people at DIY sites who don't know it's legit. They ask [i2080103439]TONS[/i2080103439] of questions about prmotions and stuff. If I were them I'd shorten it. I find it kind of annoying and confusing as well.

And I can see how these guys make their money. I remember a while back, after my mom saw that I was getting all of this free stuff. She did some DIY site for a free PSP. She did 4 offers and then she gave up because she was tired of it saying, "Now just complete 2 more offers" every time she went to the next page. She probably only had to do about 1 or 2 more offers for the PSP and I told her that, but she forgot what site she did.

Gigante

28-12-2005 11:06:03

They whole idea is that they don't want people to complete. They lose massive amounts of money on a completion. 6x$30 is about the tops revenue they generate when someone completes, so they lose massive amounts of money. That is the same reason they make you wait 45 days for the offer to be APPROVED and make u send in certificates. Most people give up/forget.

J4320

28-12-2005 11:26:22

Yeah, that's what I figured. I have absolutely no problem with that either because it makes the offers low and nice for us freebie addicts. D

Gigante

28-12-2005 11:44:59

[quote46ae930f71="J4320"]Yeah, that's what I figured. I have absolutely no problem with that either because it makes the offers low and nice for us freebie addicts. D[/quote46ae930f71]

Definitely.

Admin

28-12-2005 11:50:20

[quoteb6593b7dba="Gigante"]6x$30 is about the tops revenue they generate when someone completes, so they lose massive amounts of money. [/quoteb6593b7dba]

I realize you're trying to be helpful but you just have no idea what you're talking about. While offers may pay the typical affiliate between $25-40, you should keep in mind that its the actual affiliate programs (i.e. YFDirect and MetaReward) that are running these offers, which means that when you complete it, they get the full rate that the advertiser is offering which includes affiliate network fees. What I'm saying is, if someone does AOL on FusionCash, we get paid, say, $30. But AOL is paying the affiliate network something like $35 or $40 for the completion - the $5-10 is their fees.

Also realize that page three offers often have extremely high payouts. I've seen Earthlink paying $140 to affiliates which means the network is probably getting something like $160 for it. DirecTV installation offers are similar, as are the non-autoship longevity/orexis offers where you have to spend at least $50.

So in short, yes, they lose money when someone completes the site. But between the coreg (thats the survey thing at the beginning), the popups, the "bonus offers" and the difficulty of completion I'm 100% sure they're turning a massive profit regardless.

EatChex89

28-12-2005 11:58:29

[quotebb52935110="Admin"][quotebb52935110="Gigante"]6x$30 is about the tops revenue they generate when someone completes, so they lose massive amounts of money. [/quotebb52935110]

I realize you're trying to be helpful but you just have no idea what you're talking about. While offers may pay the typical affiliate between $25-40, you should keep in mind that its the actual affiliate programs (i.e. YFDirect and MetaReward) that are running these offers, which means that when you complete it, they get the full rate that the advertiser is offering which includes affiliate network fees. What I'm saying is, if someone does AOL on FusionCash, we get paid, say, $30. But AOL is paying the affiliate network something like $35 or $40 for the completion - the $5-10 is their fees.

Also realize that page three offers often have extremely high payouts. I've seen Earthlink paying $140 to affiliates which means the network is probably getting something like $160 for it. DirecTV installation offers are similar, as are the non-autoship longevity/orexis offers where you have to spend at least $50.

So in short, yes, they lose money when someone completes the site. But between the coreg (thats the survey thing at the beginning), the popups, the "bonus offers" and the difficulty of completion I'm 100% sure they're turning a massive profit regardless.[/quotebb52935110]

i agree

Gigante

28-12-2005 12:01:21

I am quite familiar with the payouts. I am referring to YFDirect sites. They get paid about $45-50 for each AOL signup, but only about $20 for the $1 offers. The average payout that YFDirect receives is approximately $25. AOL is an abormally higher payout because they are such a large corporation and have a much larger advertising budget. YFDirect ships a EDTV Plasma or a $2500 check for 6 offers. Even if someone did AOL, which is their highest paying offer (except some credit cards), they would still only make $300 tops. And that is if they got $50 per signup.