DIY FAQ

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29255

Gigante

27-12-2005 23:09:47

Here is a list of FAQ. If you have any questions, post them below and I'm sure we can answer them and post them on here to keep this updated.

[b4ecca48c23]OFFERS #s AND LINKS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY MOMENT SO PLEASE MAKE SURE THE SITE IS STILL REQUIRING THE NUMBER OFFERS YOU THINK IT IS[/b4ecca48c23][/size4ecca48c23][/color4ecca48c23]
Sites are changing offer numbers all the time and recently more than others. Some sites will recognize the number of offers from when you signed up and others won't.
Best way to avoid all this is to first look at all the pages and make sure the offer numbers are what you think they are and that you can do the required offers. After you establish you can meet the requirements of a site, DO ALL YOUR OFFERS RIGHT THEN. Don't do half and then a few days later when you go to do the rest find out the offers went up or the offers on page 3 have changed and you are screwed. This is the first thing you should know before starting and to save yourself a large headache.

[b4ecca48c23]Do all these sites basically have the same offers?[/b4ecca48c23]
Most of these sites, since most are run by the major networks (YFDirect, MetaReward and NUITech) contain the same offers. YFDirect does not have offers of doom or expensive offers, which both MetaReward and NUITech have more expensive offers on their last page such as Ancestry.com.

[b4ecca48c23]What network ships the quickest?[/b4ecca48c23]
NUITech ships the quickest, which is within 1 month.
MetaReward usually takes 2 months.
YFDirect takes between 4 and 6 months from start to finish.

[b4ecca48c23]Can I do more than one site from one company?[/b4ecca48c23]
You can do more then one site from a company, but can only receive one prize on each site. Look at the thread listing all companies and their sister sites if you know of a company that you like and need more sites to complete.

[b4ecca48c23]What are the requirements other than completing offers to receive my gift?[/b4ecca48c23]
After completing your offers, you will be required to print out certificates of completion and mail these in to the address provided by the network.
Keep in mind that some sites may require you to obtain a small amount of referrals, so be sure to check the TOS (especially with metareward sites).

[b4ecca48c23]Why is my address showing up as being in a different state from where I live?[/b4ecca48c23]
This is just a slight bug in their system. This also happens with city names. This will not affect the shipment of your gift because all of this is confirmed on paper when you send in your certificates of completion.

[b4ecca48c23]Can manual credit be requested?[/b4ecca48c23]
Manual credit can be requested, but is typically not allowed to be done until 45 days after completion of the offer. Some sites may vary.

[b4ecca48c23]Should I receive a confirmation e-mail from each site/company?[/b4ecca48c23]
All sites should send confirmation emails. If you do not receive one, you can often request that one be sent, or follow the links listed in certain threads here to navigate around this problem.

[b4ecca48c23]If I sign up but do nothing with the account and then return to it at a later date and make a new account, will this cause problems?[/b4ecca48c23]
Although in most cases this does not cause problems, try to re-register using the same information to relive yourself of headaches later.

[b4ecca48c23]Can I change my gift from the one I have selected?[/b4ecca48c23]
Different networks have different options. Some will allow you to switch while others will not. For YFDirect, you can cross out the prize on the certificates of completion and write in the prize that you want, as long as you have enough approved offers. It is best to check directly with the network for the policy on changing gift selection.

[b4ecca48c23]A site that I am signed up on has recently increased the required amount of offers for my gift. Do I have to complete more offers?[/b4ecca48c23]
No. If you signed up for an account before the required amount of offers was increased, then you are fine and only have to complete what was required before the change. If you signed up after the change, or think you may have signed up but can't seem to figure out your login information, then you must complete the new requirements.

[b4ecca48c23]Can I use FireFox to complete my offers?[/b4ecca48c23]
Most offers have integrated their scripts to work well with FireFox, which is different than it was a year ago. You should have no problems completing a site and receiving credit in FireFox.

[b4ecca48c23]Before receiving my gift, will I need to submit a W-9 Form?[/b4ecca48c23]
The requirements are different for each network. If you are looking for a network that doesn't require it, go to YFDirect.

[b4ecca48c23]While doing a YFDirect site, do I have to do the offers required on each page?[/b4ecca48c23]
No, as long as you complete the total offers required, you can select which pages to do them from. This means that you can do 2 from the first page, or all 6. This will not affect your chances to receive your gift.

[b4ecca48c23]What if I don't get a confirmation email from YFDirect?[/b4ecca48c23]
www.everyfreegift.com/confirmation.jsp?email=fake@123fake.com
Use the link above and replace EveryFreeGift with the site that you are doing. Then place the email= you registered with where it says email=fake@123fake.comfake@123fake.com you registered with where it says email=fake@123fake.comfake@123fake.com/email. You will then be asked to select a password and will then be able to access your account to check your status.
[b4ecca48c23]
I never got the confirmation email from YFD to print my certificates![/b4ecca48c23]
We don't think anyone ever does. Either call them or put in a support ticket. Make sure to watch your spam folder for their reply.

[b4ecca48c23]If I previously completed an particular offer on a referral site, can I complete that offer again?[/b4ecca48c23]
No. Unless stated otherwise, you are not allowed to complete an offer a second time. Doing so constitutes fraud.

[b4ecca48c23]What shipping method should I use to send my voucher certificates to the DIY sites?[/b4ecca48c23]
I'd send it priority mail. Its $4.05 so you spend $3.66 more than regular First Class and you get delivery conformation so you know they got it. A lot of people say use First Class but I figure for the extra money you know if/when they get it.

[b4ecca48c23]If you are looking to get into the DIY scene to get gifts just research the companies/ offer requirements using the forum stickies insted of wasting space with petty "whats the best site to get a tv from?" questions.
Going foward, threads like these will be locked and the poster will be given a warning.[/b4ecca48c23]

[b4ecca48c23]Offering Payment for IDeal Refs is not allowed[/b4ecca48c23]

[quote4ecca48c23="Gigante"]
This thread is for new people who are trying to find out where to start, or veterans looking for what to do next.

Network Name Nuitech
Some Sites IncentiveRewardCenter, MyGreatRewards, MyExclusiveRewards, etc.
Offers Last pages has OOD offers consisting of Earthlink, Credit Cards, South Beach, Longevity, DirectTV and Orexis.
Crediting Very Fast. Half are instant and most within 24 hours. Offers are rarely not credited.
Shipping Shipping is within 30 days of them receiving your vouchers, and sits at around 3 weeks in most cases.
Total Time One month
Notes They have tons of sites, but been increasing their offer requirements. Their requirements seem to be leveling out, but who knows if they will mass-increase again, so signup on any deals you find to reserve a low offer requirement.
Phone (561) 674-9700
Location Delray Beach, FL 33446

Network Name YFDirect
Some Sites EveryFreeGift, BigWin, MarketSurveyGroup, etc.
Offers Offers are considered inexpensive or “easy”. There are no OOD.
Crediting Crediting sits at around 80%, but if you don’t get credit, manual credit is 100%. Offers generally crediting within 1-3 days.
Shipping Shipping generally takes 2 months from when they receive your vouchers.
Total Time 4-5 months
Notes YFDirect has kept their low offer requirements, so jump on these offers while they are still available. I predict an increase in offer requirements in the next 1-3 months.
Phone (801) 316-0555
Toll Free (866) 383-3733
Fax (320) 388-9500
Location Mountain View, CA 94039

Network Name MetaReward
Some Sites RewardsVenue, ConsumerPromotionCenter, ConsumerPromotionZone, etc.
Offers Offers become increasingly hard on the last pages, and are all OOD.
Crediting Many completed offers go uncredited.
Shipping Decent shipping, around 1-2 months after receiving your vouchers.
Total Time 2 months
Notes MetaReward has implemented a series rules to their TOS to keep people from completing multiple sites, or even completing one. While this network is still legitimate, it is not the most recommended network. Customer service is also not helpful.
Contact Information

Network Name i-Deal Direct
Some Sites AmericanResearchPanel, FreeLuxuryWatch, ConsumerSavingCenter, e-ResearchGroup, etc.
Offers Inexpensive offers.
Crediting Poor, sometimes under 50%
Shipping 6-8 weeks once approved
Total Time 2-3 months
Notes Most of their sites require one referral. They operate under shell companies such as Red Turtle Investments and Direct to Consumer Interactive.
Contact Information Hard to contact. No Phone number.
Location Chicago, IL

Have anything you would like to add? PM either me or Airkat and we will update this thread.
[/quote4ecca48c23]

ilanbg

31-12-2005 12:48:28

Can you add instructions on how to confirm your email address if you don't get a confirmation email?

vdubgirl

05-01-2006 11:22:07

let's say, for example
you did a diet pill offer on a FreePay site, can you do that same exact offer for the pill samples on one of these DIY sites?

Airkat

05-01-2006 11:28:50

Legitely? No. Well I guess it depends. If it's one of those "You have to purchase the product" things then yeah/ But not trials. What kind of vdub btw?

vdubgirl

05-01-2006 12:21:58

RE my Q, how about if you use epassporte? i heard you can do offers more than once with it. yes/no?

i drive a 2001 Beetle 1.8t
D

Airkat

05-01-2006 12:50:25

Ah my cousin has the same car, in 2.0 format. I'm a jetta driver myself.

As far as epassporte, you only get one card number with them (ofcourse you could make multiple accounts) so some offers may single you out based on duplicate CC

ilanbg

05-01-2006 14:29:13

And despite that, it's still not allowed.

vdubgirl

13-01-2006 06:34:27

what's not allowed, epassporte? can't you get one of those Visa or American Express cash cards and use that for doing offers? then when you're done with that DIY site, you get a new card with a new number for a new DIY site. i just heard that this is a way to do it....and you can do offers more than once then, because you have a new CC number.

i have another question
how much do you DIY-ers end up paying after you completed all offers? so far i'm interested in doing an 8 offer laptop and 8 offer plasma. i know it takes a while to get them, and that's ok. but i'm wondering how much people are spending in order to complete the offers?
TIA

srichter

13-01-2006 07:33:40

vdubgirl, you're close to getting a ban from me. Either you lack common sense or are just ignoring what we're telling you.

[b726f45f832]Do not talk about frauding offers.[/b726f45f832]

That includes

- Prepaid credit cards
- Doing offers more than once
- Cancelling offers
- Ways to avoid paying the full amount or completing an actual offer but still getting credit

If I see you mention, ask, or even hint towards one of these again, I'll be forced to remove your posting privelidges.

vdubgirl

13-01-2006 11:29:01

hey i was just asking because someone mentioned it to me, and i see pre-paid credit cards mentioned on here quite often.

i didnt say i was doing it, which i'm not, i was asking if it was allowed. wanting to know what's allowed and not allowed isn't wrong.

sorry if i stepped on toes.

ilanbg

13-01-2006 16:00:56

Ow! My toes! cry

Airkat

22-01-2006 00:12:40

Ilan, it's covered in big bold letters above...

ilanbg

22-01-2006 09:10:01

Shoot me please.

Johnston

26-01-2006 16:07:58

I was wondering this, since it didn't seem to be covered in this topic, but do you know if the RewardsVenue site requires you to do offer in the exact order that the pages state, or can you do it like YFDirect and do any, as long as its a total of 6 or 8, something like that.

Thanks.

Wolfeman

26-01-2006 16:09:56

Yes, you have to do the right number on each page...

Johnston

26-01-2006 16:12:27

Really? That's just great, I didn't want to spend like $200 dollars over the last page. But for $2k, it'll have to get worked out. Thanks for the info.

GiftOrb

01-02-2006 16:41:00

Can we add Remember to bookmark the offer pages if you plan to come back and do it later. If you forget to bookmark the offer pages, you will have to reregister with the same info. and go through all the surveys again. Then you'll be back to the offers page and it WILL count towards the same account.

killerman

11-02-2006 01:22:59

question once under your "Offer status" it says In progress, that means u got credit?

Also, once all go progress, what do i do? (everyfreegift)
i didnt wanna make another thread and get flamed, so i just thought i'd post here, thanks guys.

Wolfeman

11-02-2006 02:37:08

[quote0a1a0357d8="killerman"]question once under your "Offer status" it says In progress, that means u got credit?

Also, once all go progress, what do i do? (everyfreegift)
i didnt wanna make another thread and get flamed, so i just thought i'd post here, thanks guys.[/quote0a1a0357d8]

Yes.

Just wait 45 days and then you'll go "Approved". You print out your vouchers and send them in. You usually have to call or email them to get the voucher links...

notoriusd

16-02-2006 21:34:12

I'm doing gadgetcity.com and I have an offer that is not showing.It has been over 45 days. I emailed them and they said to send a copy confirmation email. Does any one know if I am supposed to email them a copy or mail it ( they didnt give an address). Does any one have the phone number for Gadgetcity?

tjwor

16-02-2006 21:39:06

[quote126c3ae45a="notoriusd"]I'm doing gadgetcity.com and I have an offer that is not showing.It has been over 45 days. I emailed them and they said to send a copy confirmation email. Does any one know if I am supposed to email them a copy or mail it ( they didnt give an address). Does any one have the phone number for Gadgetcity?[/quote126c3ae45a]

Just email it, and its the same as all other YFD sites, don't know if right now tho (cell is dead)

Gigante

16-02-2006 21:44:21

[quote5d00b95be5="notoriusd"]I'm doing gadgetcity.com and I have an offer that is not showing.It has been over 45 days. I emailed them and they said to send a copy confirmation email. Does any one know if I am supposed to email them a copy or mail it ( they didnt give an address). Does any one have the phone number for Gadgetcity?[/quote5d00b95be5]

You can get the phone number from http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=33189
They are a YFDirect site.
For confirmation, just forward them the confirmation email, that is easiest.

jamie123

17-02-2006 18:51:48

for yf direct, i thought it was 45 days from inprogress to approved? i just called because i have two offers that are still pending after a week or two, and wanted to know how long i have to wait, they said "45 days from pending to approved" so does that mean, if this offer doesn't go approved on the 45th day from when i signed up, do i call for manual credit?

Gigante

17-02-2006 22:32:18

[quote0bfb7acc85="jamie123"]for yf direct, i thought it was 45 days from inprogress to approved? i just called because i have two offers that are still pending after a week or two, and wanted to know how long i have to wait, they said "45 days from pending to approved" so does that mean, if this offer doesn't go approved on the 45th day from when i signed up, do i call for manual credit?[/quote0bfb7acc85]

Yes

stackmjwiz

20-02-2006 11:29:36

[quote98565e1660]If I sign up but do nothing with the account and then return to it at a later date and make a new account, will this cause problems?
Although in most cases this does not cause problems, try to re-register using the same information to relive yourself of headaches later. [/quote98565e1660]

What sort of "headaches" might I encounter?

I signed up for one of the DIY sites, but after reading about Gigante's recommendation to use a brand new GMail account & security issues, I want to sign up with a different e-mail.

I have not completed an offer with the 1st account I created. Is it ok to sign up with a different e-mail now?

Gigante

20-02-2006 11:32:03

Yeah that is fine. You can have as many accounts as you want, you just cant get a gift on each one.

bsi4063

20-02-2006 16:29:52

nvm.

phunkstar

20-02-2006 17:45:23

nm

bsi4063

22-02-2006 10:33:36

Also in your FAQ it says if you dont want to complete an W9 then do YFD. I thought nuitech didn't require a W9 also, or does it require a W9? I know I-Deal requires a W9. Thanks!

Adma

22-02-2006 10:57:18

[quotee65c98a21f="bsi4063"]Also in your FAQ it says if you dont want to complete an W9 then do YFD. I thought nuitech didn't require a W9 also, or does it require a W9? I know I-Deal requires a W9. Thanks![/quotee65c98a21f]

Nuitech DEFINATELY requires a W-9. They wouldnt give me full completion status on my plasma until they got my forms in.

Saj0916

22-02-2006 18:23:46

If my roommate has completed Internet Opinion Group is it possible for me to do the same site, or will having the same broadcast ip interfere?

bsi4063

22-02-2006 18:25:19

Adma thanks. I guess since im getting the treo650 and its under $600 threshold they wont hold me to a W9.

Excel

22-02-2006 22:48:27

You may wanna check that... I think $600 might be the amount you need to fill out a W-9. I know its less then $750, and more then $500 because I've been trying to decide whether to get a $750 gift card or $500...

chillywilly

27-02-2006 14:23:45

I just signed up under YFD (InternetOpinionGroup) for a Treo 650. I've done offers on page 1 and 2 so far, but want to know if I can simply bookmark the link for page 3 and do the offers another day.

So far, it looks like it works, but I'd like to know if they all need to be done in the same day or can they be staggered, using the bookmarked link I made and go back another day to finish the offers.

EDIT I just answered my own question. I bookmarked them and went back to the page and was able to complete the offers last night.

notoriusd

28-02-2006 12:00:42

I have a question about the address you get your gift at.
I am moving in two weeks so my new address will be different than the address I signed up for the offer with. Can I ship something to a different address than I signed up with.

Wolfeman

04-03-2006 02:28:48

I added this to the top of the FAQ since so many sites are changing requirements...

[quote6a15114165="I"][b6a15114165]OFFERS #s AND LINKS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY MOMENT SO PLEASE MAKE SURE THE SITE IS STILL REQUIRING THE NUMBER OFFERS YOU THINK IT IS[/b6a15114165]
Sites are changing offer numbers all the time and recently more than others. Some sites will recognize the number of offers from when you signed up and others won't.
Best way to avoid all this is to first look at all the pages and make sure the offer numbers are what you think they are and that you can do the required offers. After you establish you can meet the requirements of a site, DO ALL YOUR OFFERS RIGHT THEN. Don't do half and then a few days later when you go to do the rest find out the offers went up or the offers on page 3 have changed and you are screwed. This is the first thing you should know before starting and to save yourself a large headache.[/quote6a15114165]

UAO

27-03-2006 10:55:05

I am new to YFD, and did the six offers for the IBook. Today, one offer says "Approved" and I can click it. Will every completed offer eventually go to approve, or do they just make one link randomly?

tjwor

27-03-2006 11:06:39

[quote61078b3fcd="UAO"]I am new to YFD, and did the six offers for the IBook. Today, one offer says "Approved" and I can click it. Will every completed offer eventually go to approve, or do they just make one link randomly?[/quote61078b3fcd]

[quote61078b3fcd="FAQ Above"][b61078b3fcd]I never got the confirmation email from YFD to print my certificates![/b61078b3fcd]
We don't think anyone ever does. Either call them or put in a support ticket. Make sure to watch your spam folder for their reply.[/quote61078b3fcd]

If it has been 45 days on all offers, give them a call and they will send all links )

UAO

27-03-2006 13:08:00

Thanks )

Some might be a day or two apart, so I'll wait till Friday. D

jay-z

27-03-2006 22:06:50

[quote6e66c8d16a]Can I do more than one site from one company?
You can do more then one site from a company, but can only receive one prize on each site. Look at the thread listing all companies and their sister sites if you know of a company that you like and need more sites to complete. [/quote6e66c8d16a]

I'm still confused...
let's say Nuitech runs site A and B
A and B both have multiple prizes on different pages
will I be able to complete more than one off for A and B OR would I only be able to get one prize from A and one from B??

thanks

tjwor

27-03-2006 22:36:37

[quote84c5f8b928="jay-z"]I'm still confused...
let's say Nuitech runs site A and B
A and B both have multiple prizes on different pages
will I be able to complete more than one off for A and B OR would I only be able to get one prize from A and one from B??

thanks[/quote84c5f8b928]

1 from A and 1 from B

ProDiG

30-03-2006 23:50:01

Another FAQ is What shipping method should I use to send my voucher certificates to the DIY sites? Certified Mail? Regular postal stamped enveloped (No signature required)?

A ________

Can someone please answer this question for me as well. This is my first time sending a DIY company my voucher. ;x

Wolfeman

31-03-2006 00:03:08

[quote8912ffc2ea="ProDiG"]Another FAQ is What shipping method should I use to send my voucher certificates to the DIY sites? Certified Mail? Regular postal stamped enveloped (No signature required)?

A ________

Can someone please answer this question for me as well. This is my first time sending a DIY company my voucher. ;x[/quote8912ffc2ea]
I will add this.

I'd send it priority mail. Its $4.05 so you spend $3.66 more and you get delivery conformation so you know they got it. A lot of people say use First Class but I figure for the extra money you know if/when they get it...

igneous

31-03-2006 05:31:15

I disagree. I've sent everything in with one stamp and there has never been a problem. Just email them a week or two later to get confirmation that they received it.

chewy

31-03-2006 06:00:26

1 stamp for me too, no problems, i make copies of everything and call them in a week to see if they got it. i figure if they didnt ill just send the copies

tjwor

31-03-2006 07:54:57

I send regular stamp and have never called to see if they got it, I just wait to get the gift, never had a problem )

Wolfeman

31-03-2006 13:18:50

I figure for the extra $3 and change I'd rather know when they get it...

tjwor

31-03-2006 22:02:20

[quote9dbbc516d3="Wolfeman"]I figure for the extra $3 and change I'd rather know when they get it...[/quote9dbbc516d3]

but we are also seeing from Nui-Tech that just because they get it doesn't mean it is getting reported right away... idk, either way seems to work, maybe an extra 3 bucks is worth it to some people, and other's its not D

tylerc

31-03-2006 23:43:05

With YFDirect I sent delivery confirmation first class, because I live in Indiana and it would take forever to get to CA, plus I had never dealt with them before.

Like Wolfe said, it's worth the extra few bucks.

mpbollywoodking

01-04-2006 09:05:12

Is there a time limit from the start of sign up to finish the site (similar to the Freepay 90 day policy)?

Gigante

01-04-2006 09:41:23

[quote901d0dd7ff="mpbollywoodking"]Is there a time limit from the start of sign up to finish the site (similar to the Freepay 90 day policy)?[/quote901d0dd7ff]

Only i-deal direct sites, which are 60 days.

ffactoryxx

05-04-2006 09:52:59

Can i do offers on nuitech from any location such as a school computer etc?

does Ip matter

x323smostwantedx

05-04-2006 11:43:53

IP doesnt matter

volumecontrol00

06-04-2006 23:29:54

I have a question that I haven't seen answered before, and I figured it was safe to post it in the FAQ thread.

I want to do one of these sites, preferably one with a laptop or cash reward, but when I go to sign up and it asks for my age, I can't seem to select 1987. I'm 18, I have my own Debit card, and really do want to complete one of these websites. Am I just SOL? Do you really have to be 19 (and why 19 of all ages)?

Wolfeman

06-04-2006 23:40:45

[quote483f87c0f1="volumecontrol00"]I have a question that I haven't seen answered before, and I figured it was safe to post it in the FAQ thread.

I want to do one of these sites, preferably one with a laptop or cash reward, but when I go to sign up and it asks for my age, I can't seem to select 1987. I'm 18, I have my own Debit card, and really do want to complete one of these websites. Am I just SOL? Do you really have to be 19 (and why 19 of all ages)?[/quote483f87c0f1]Its supposed to be 18. I'd call their support and see whats up...

volumecontrol00

06-04-2006 23:44:24

[quotec7f5e5df58="Wolfeman"][quotec7f5e5df58="volumecontrol00"]I have a question that I haven't seen answered before, and I figured it was safe to post it in the FAQ thread.

I want to do one of these sites, preferably one with a laptop or cash reward, but when I go to sign up and it asks for my age, I can't seem to select 1987. I'm 18, I have my own Debit card, and really do want to complete one of these websites. Am I just SOL? Do you really have to be 19 (and why 19 of all ages)?[/quotec7f5e5df58]Its supposed to be 18. I'd call their support and see whats up...[/quotec7f5e5df58]

Ok yeah, I'll try and do that. Thanks.

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

09-04-2006 23:27:21

I have a question I noticed we are not allowed to trade DIY sites in the Trading section of this forum. So, where can we trade (referral trade and/or cash trade?) for a DIY site that requires a referral?

Admin

09-04-2006 23:55:20

Nowhere on this site.

stackmjwiz

17-04-2006 10:51:23

[quotec5f7bba221]A site that I am signed up on has recently increased the required amount of offers for my gift. Do I have to complete more offers?
No. If you signed up for an account before the required amount of offers was increased, then you are fine and only have to complete what was required before the change. If you signed up after the change, or think you may have signed up but can't seem to figure out your login information, then you must complete the new requirements. [/quotec5f7bba221]

I signed up for the Gadget City iBook and Nuitech $500 Card when only 6 and 8 referrals were required, respectively. I did not do any offers on either site, but have them both bookmarked on my computer.

I have heard conflicting reports...some say that now you need to have completed an offer on the site to be elgible for the old referral requirements.

Can someone confirm that I can still do both sites for 6 and 8 referrals?

Thanks.

Wolfeman

17-04-2006 11:16:15

[quote42841b6d37="stackmjwiz"][quote42841b6d37]A site that I am signed up on has recently increased the required amount of offers for my gift. Do I have to complete more offers?
No. If you signed up for an account before the required amount of offers was increased, then you are fine and only have to complete what was required before the change. If you signed up after the change, or think you may have signed up but can't seem to figure out your login information, then you must complete the new requirements. [/quote42841b6d37]

I signed up for the Gadget City iBook and Nuitech $500 Card when only 6 and 8 referrals were required, respectively. I did not do any offers on either site, but have them both bookmarked on my computer.

I have heard conflicting reports...some say that now you need to have completed an offer on the site to be elgible for the old referral requirements.

Can someone confirm that I can still do both sites for 6 and 8 referrals?

Thanks.[/quote42841b6d37]
Nuitech you can do it for the old requirements, YFD I'm not 100% so I'd call their CS...

nitriv

21-04-2006 14:53:56

Question about YFD
I completed 6 offers, and two of them did not go in progress. I figured that in 45 days I can request manual credit since I have the confirmation emails. So 45 days passed I was approved for the other 4 offers, and for those two I sent in a support ticket asking for manual credit, and I provided them with all the info they could possible need. It's only been one week, but I have not received any response from YFD that they even got my support ticket, let alone are in the process of getting me manual credit. So I guess my question is do I need to call them or submit another support ticket asking if they got my first support ticket? Should I be patient with them and wait 2 more weeks to see if I do get credit?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

illnovah

14-05-2006 00:18:54

My question is...

With Nuitech, YFD & Metarewards...do you HAVE to follow their formats as to how many you do per page? ex. 2-4-6?

I've heard different answers with all the sites, does anyone know for sure?

Wolfeman

14-05-2006 01:57:41

[quote2420db4122="illnovah"]My question is...

With Nuitech, YFD & Metarewards...do you HAVE to follow their formats as to how many you do per page? ex. 2-4-6?

I've heard different answers with all the sites, does anyone know for sure?[/quote2420db4122]
YES! You have to follow that order...

brian72004

25-05-2006 21:09:32

Newbie question here. What does OOD stand for? Thanks

Wolfeman

25-05-2006 22:01:37

[quote98093515e0="brian72004"]Newbie question here. What does OOD stand for? Thanks[/quote98093515e0]
Offers Of Death. Offers that are really expensive like sat. or credit card offers. Ones no one likes to do...

brian72004

26-05-2006 06:14:42

Ah that makes sense. Thanks.

troica47

27-05-2006 00:40:26

Just a newbie ques.

On the first page of this thread it says YFD sites do not require you to follow the order and can do all offers from page 1 or 2 and then just a few post above Wolfman said you need to follow what they say. Can someone clear this for me? Have YFD sites now requiring the order or since the ques to Wolfman had other sites included he answered yes to it?
Thanks

Wolfeman

27-05-2006 01:32:34

At the very begining they didn't care but they do care now. You must follow the offers per page...

UAO

28-06-2006 08:26:07

I have a question.

After you do the offers, can you delete your cookies then? Say you do all the offers on Monday, and on Tuesday you do a spy ware run and delete all cookies.

There's nothing to worry about, right?

tjwor

28-06-2006 18:05:16

you aren't allowed to repeat offers, that is against the terms of the sponsors...

UAO

28-06-2006 18:43:17

I don't know if you're talking to me, but I know that already. I was asking if I will still get credit even though the cookies are gone.

tjwor

29-06-2006 02:42:56

Oh, i misread, I thought you said if I delete the cookies will I get credit again...

You shouldn't have any problem with deleting the cookies the next day, I think it'd just be to not accecpt cookies would be a problem...

UAO

29-06-2006 10:48:49

Oh ok, thanks for the help. I knew some people had problems with cookies for these sites, so I was just curious if it was ok to delete them after you signed up already.

doylnea

29-08-2006 08:27:54

I cleaned up and consolidated some threads in the OP of this thread.

ArmyCadis

03-10-2006 10:43:33

I just did a Nuitech site and completed all offers. Now I have

FINAL STEP for a Compaq® Presario® Notebook

We appreciate your patience while we complete the verification process.

Once we have contacted our Advertisers to confirm your purchases, you may be required to provide proof of purchases, such as credit card statements or shipping labels. Should we need to request the above information, we will email you at the email address you provided at the time you registered.

STAY TUNED and please remember to check this site for updates regarding your gift redemption status.

Thank you!

Customer Support

How long will it take for them to check?

Wolfeman

03-10-2006 10:47:41

[quotefec2f31727="ArmyCadis"]I just did a Nuitech site and completed all offers. Now I have

FINAL STEP for a Compaq® Presario® Notebook

We appreciate your patience while we complete the verification process.

Once we have contacted our Advertisers to confirm your purchases, you may be required to provide proof of purchases, such as credit card statements or shipping labels. Should we need to request the above information, we will email you at the email address you provided at the time you registered.

STAY TUNED and please remember to check this site for updates regarding your gift redemption status.

Thank you!

Customer Support

How long will it take for them to check?[/quotefec2f31727]
No way to tell. Probably less than 6 weeks...

afro_wolff

03-10-2006 11:59:28

Mine took 24 hours... i've heard of it taking at most 3 weeks. It's all up in the air...

RolltheStampede

03-10-2006 13:13:41

i'm thinking maybe longer is better, i had my auto confuirmation go through in like 1 day and 5 days later i got hit with the audit letter.

ArmyCadis

03-10-2006 13:56:14

Crap. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Thanks though.

afro_wolff

04-10-2006 07:29:13

[quoted4ff1fdf33="RolltheStampede"]i'm thinking maybe longer is better, i had my auto confuirmation go through in like 1 day and 5 days later i got hit with the audit letter.[/quoted4ff1fdf33]

The "Audit letter" For some reason i haven't heard of this..What exactly is required of you at that point?

RolltheStampede

04-10-2006 08:26:31

well around the time after you complete your final offer you will get an email telling you to send in all your confrimation emails, credit card statements and id. they also send you a ups letter detailing the same thing, the leeter says you have 10 days to get this information to the or they will consider the matter closed, im guessing not sending you your gift.
I got one on monday and i send in my proofs on tuesday, they said its a 5-10 day wait before i hear something

GiftMonsterKyle

25-10-2006 15:01:32

Do they only do audits on the $2k value gifts, or is it for everything?

tjwor

25-10-2006 15:49:57

[quote56d3125ce9="flip"]Do they only do audits on the $2k value gifts, or is it for everything?[/quote56d3125ce9]

got audited for a $500 gift card...

tylerc

25-10-2006 19:05:11

Same.

box86rowh

14-11-2006 13:26:14

My brother got audited on a 1 offer 50$ visa card...

yingyang

05-01-2007 05:48:43

I'm thinking about doing one of these DIY offers. Thanks for the FAQ. )

doylnea

07-05-2007 21:47:34

sadly, no longer relevant. Thanks Gigante.