Second Shuffle: Sending Back For 3 Reasons [explained]

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9982

Anonymous

28-03-2005 17:49:52

This is also posted in the FreeiPodShuffle Area.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a duplicate shuffle and will send it back for three reasons

1. My parents still are shaky about this whole business and think I am doing something totally illegal. If I ever got taken to court or anything along the lines of me breaking the law, I would be grounded for eternity from the Internet and from life in general.

2. I am so pumped for the PSP in which I have 4/5 greens with one along the way. I think that returning something worth $150 to get something worth $250 is a good idea. (Considering they would put my accounts on hold).

3. I think it's the right thing to do. I lost my cell phone recently, and after finding it, I sort of imagined what they were going through (my situation was not even close to as bad, however). I found it 2.5 weeks later, and I was so happy to have found it. I believe what goes around comes around, and Gratis has been pretty good to me thus far. I'm happy to return the favor for once.

For those of you who are keeping them, good luck getting away with it. I would love to hear your stories if you get into a verbal fight with them. But as for me, I am going to miss the mess.

EatChex89

28-03-2005 17:52:37

good man.

i probably would have sent it back, although gratis couldn't sue me since i'm a minor.. nor could they sue my parents who wouldn't know anything about it )

but still. it is the right thing to do.

Anonymous

28-03-2005 17:53:55

[quote73681a758d="EatChex89"]good man.

i probably would have sent it back, although gratis couldn't sue me since i'm a minor.. nor could they sue my parents who wouldn't know anything about it )

but still. it is the right thing to do.[/quote73681a758d]

Yeah I'm 15 - so I figured they couldn't sue me either.

Doh004

28-03-2005 17:54:21

Good for you having morals )

Blink182=Gone

28-03-2005 17:54:47

good to hear, nate.

J4320

28-03-2005 17:55:25

Yeah, I got $150 paypal from shuffleipods4free and the ipod shuffle from freeipodshuffle.com. There's no point in owning two.

Anonymous

28-03-2005 19:34:57

[quotef5c4b49f1d="J4320"]Yeah, I got $150 paypal from shuffleipods4free and the ipod shuffle from freeipodshuffle.com. There's no point in owning two.[/quotef5c4b49f1d]

There really isn't, I totally agree.

CoMpFrEaK

28-03-2005 19:37:05

[quoteb52e42e23c="nate08"]This is also posted in the FreeiPodShuffle Area.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a duplicate shuffle and will send it back for three reasons

1. My parents still are shaky about this whole business and think I am doing something totally illegal. If I ever got taken to court or anything along the lines of me breaking the law, I would be grounded for eternity from the Internet and from life in general.

2. I am so pumped for the PSP in which I have 4/5 greens with one along the way. I think that returning something worth $150 to get something worth $250 is a good idea. (Considering they would put my accounts on hold).

3. I think it's the right thing to do. I lost my cell phone recently, and after finding it, I sort of imagined what they were going through (my situation was not even close to as bad, however). I found it 2.5 weeks later, and I was so happy to have found it. I believe what goes around comes around, and Gratis has been pretty good to me thus far. I'm happy to return the favor for once.

For those of you who are keeping them, good luck getting away with it. I would love to hear your stories if you get into a verbal fight with them. But as for me, I am going to miss the mess.[/quoteb52e42e23c]

If your religious then you can say that was a sign by God letting you know how you would personally feel if you lost something like that wink

Blink182=Gone

28-03-2005 19:37:09

is there even any point in owning 1 of them? I understand that everything is "random", correct? Therefore, u dont know the name of the song u are listening too, etc, etc. Am i right? I think i will sell mine when it comes, if i am indeed correct.

Anonymous

28-03-2005 20:03:11

[quotea46ec547cd="Blink182=Gone"]is there even any point in owning 1 of them? I understand that everything is "random", correct? Therefore, u dont know the name of the song u are listening too, etc, etc. Am i right? I think i will sell mine when it comes, if i am indeed correct.[/quotea46ec547cd]

2 Modes Continuous Play and Shuffle

Continuous Play - It plays in the order of your list

Shuffle - Mixes them around so you don't know whats playing next.

I do miss the screen...but its very compact and lightweight for running, etc.

Crynos

28-03-2005 20:25:04

[quotee459138572="nate08"][quotee459138572="Blink182=Gone"]is there even any point in owning 1 of them? I understand that everything is "random", correct? Therefore, u dont know the name of the song u are listening too, etc, etc. Am i right? I think i will sell mine when it comes, if i am indeed correct.[/quotee459138572]

2 Modes Continuous Play and Shuffle

Continuous Play - It plays in the order of your list

Shuffle - Mixes them around so you don't know whats playing next.

I do miss the screen...but its very compact and lightweight for running, etc.[/quotee459138572]
Yea, im getting mine for running/lifting

Dais781

28-03-2005 20:50:01

[quote575c29355c="EatChex89"]good man.

but still. it is the right thing to do.[/quote575c29355c]

I doubt they would sue to begin with. It was a screw-up on their part. Hell they probably don't even know that he has it.

EDIT
I just read another thread about what happend to another kid...nevermind...lol P

slowdown

28-03-2005 21:10:19

Well i think its the correct thing to do sending it back. But they cant sue you or make you return, about the only thing they could do is put you on hold and thats best reason to send it back. this is from the USPS.com
"Receipt of Unsolicited Merchandise

A company sends you a gift in the mail--a ball point pen, a key chain, a tie. But you didn't order it. What do you do? If you are the type of person this company is looking for, you may feel guilty about accepting the item without paying for it. Don't feel guilty! It's yours, and you are under no obligation to pay anything.

You, the consumer, may only legally be sent two types of merchandise through the mail without your consent or agreement

Free samples which are clearly and conspicuously marked as such.

Merchandise mailed by a charitable organization that is soliciting contributions.

And in these two cases, you can consider the merchandise a gift if you wish. In all other situations, it is illegal to send merchandise to someone, unless that person has previously ordered or requested it.

These rules are codified in Title 39, United States Code, Section 3009. That section of the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970 incorporates these protections for American consumers and makes the mailing of unordered merchandise unfair methods of competition and unfair trade practices under the law.

If you do not wish to pay for unsolicited merchandise or make a donation to a charity sending such an item, you may do one of three things (in each case, by law, you have no obligation to the sender)

If you have not opened the package, you may mark it "Return to Sender," and the Postal Service will return it with no additional postage charged to you.

If you open the package and don't like what you find, you may throw it away.

If you open the package and like what you find, you may keep it for free. In this instance, "finders-keepers" applies unconditionally.

Furthermore, it is illegal for a company that sends you unordered merchandise to follow the mailing with a bill or dunning communication.

If you are aware of violations of the federal law prohibiting the mailing of unordered merchandise, or if you have personally had difficulty with such items--especially if you are sent statements demanding payment for the merchandise--you should contact you local postmaster or the nearest Postal Inspector."

vulcan300

28-03-2005 21:18:58

I'm surprised they broke it down like that on the USPS site, like all the scenarios and such.

slowdown

28-03-2005 21:25:42

yep who says the goverments not helpfull http//www.usps.com/websites/depart/inspect/merch.htm

xs10shul

28-03-2005 21:38:56

In deference to you, Slowdown, this is unlike any of the cases you describe above. First, the contingencies you quote all have to do with companies shipping product with the expectation that you will be forced to pay for it. Such practices used to happen quite a lot in the past, and the law made it clear that one couldn't force another into a contractual relationship merely through possession. This is not the case here--where a company has erroneously shipped something, but expects it returned at no cost to the recipient.

Second, unlike most of the situations above, there is an existing contractual relationship here, and one that includes terms to provide for the accidental shipment of products. An agreement is an agreement, and while minors may avoid contracts (and adults contract with them at their peril), it's still the case that your provided information simply doesn't apply here except in a very limited sense.

Sorry, I don't mean to be pedantic, but it's worth noting what the law is and is not in these matters.

Anyway, good for you, Nate. )

slowdown

28-03-2005 21:59:22

CHAPTER 12
CONSUMER PROTECTION
ARTICLE 1
IN GENERAL
"40‑12‑103. Unsolicited merchandise.
Unless otherwise agreed, when unsolicited merchandise is delivered to a person, he has a right to refuse such merchandise and is not obligated to return such merchandise to the sender. Such unsolicited merchandise is deemed an unconditional gift to the recipient, who may use it in any manner without any obligation to the sender. This section does not apply if there is evidence that the [i67f06ac3dc][b67f06ac3dc]merchandise has been misdelivered[/b67f06ac3dc][/i67f06ac3dc], or if the delivered merchandise is offered as a good faith substitution for merchandise previously solicited by the recipient"

I stand corrected by xs10shul you are right, i wasn't really looking at the big picture only that he received merchandise he did not order didn't take time time look at the reasons he received it

mr0x

29-03-2005 03:53:07

On the Gratis terms and conditions, in the Delivery of Product section is says,
"(d) If a user has received multiple orders at a shipping address, Gratis Internet has the right, at any time, to refuse future delivery to that address."

Anonymous

29-03-2005 06:14:12

I love how everyone is investigating because of me!