50% successful trading rate...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9258

iron_monkey

21-03-2005 11:30:08

out of four people i traded with here...only two of them actually completed an offer and turn green...the other two just disappeared...i aint even gonna bother huntin them down...but...

it really makes it kind of hard for newbies to get in when nobody "trusts" them...its like a stereotype...all newbies are scammers/shady...yeah...its sorta true...but not always...makes it hard for us legit new traders to get in your circle...its like yall established folk just sit on a pedestal and trade for $ cuz you raped gratis/oc for all they offers...and nothing left for us newbies to trade with but other newbies...

just thought i share that...kinda mad that i lucked out on those other two referrals...eh...

stavros

21-03-2005 11:32:05

I'm at like 14/15 =/

chillywilly

21-03-2005 11:48:37

Most of my trades were from those who had none or 1 trade records. I don't think most noobs were out to scam, it was a matter of knowing who to trust or not.

Those that had that feeling of "i'm outta here when I get my last green" I avoided.

So far, I think I've only gotten scammed once, but I was waiting for him to turn green before I signed up under him. Now just waiting for the rest of the ppl's offers to go green so I can order my 3 products (Mac mini, iPod Shuffle and PSP)

CronoDekar

21-03-2005 12:11:16

You'd be surprised at what people need and what they can do sometimes. Sure, some of the "big dogs" have done nearly every legitmate site that there is, but there's also trusted people below them who can still do plenty of sites. The key I think is to go for the new sites and go for the sites which don't have a lot of demand at first (a lot more people have done mp3players4free than dvrs4free, and they both offer the same amount of money). I've personally still got a small handful of legitimate sites I can do (finding a good offer though... that's tricky).

And yeah, I suppose it's kinda hard, but it is a necessary evil. There's gotta be some safeguard against scammers -- if it wasn't hard then any Joe Schmoe could come in and go on a scam spree. It takes some time and effort, but eventually someone with a good trade comes around.

abrock124

21-03-2005 13:49:02

Being a newbie isnt hard at all. I was a newbie 2 weeks ago and look at my trade rep now.

dcrainmaker

21-03-2005 13:52:57

abrock...you've been posting and trading like a machine. damn.

Scarlett

21-03-2005 15:01:18

I don't think you can really trust anyone - newbies and veterans alike. I've been "scammed" by both - traded with people who didn't live up to their end of the bargain, or who vanished on me without keeping their end of the deal.

I try to remember that this is sort of like an investment, as much as it is like a game. I try not to take people scamming me too, too seriously, but I also realize that I will get cheated and have to shell out funds to get the swag I want. It's a small price to pay, I guess.

iron_monkey

22-03-2005 13:10:52

[quote9e7f6b31e0="abrock124"]Being a newbie isnt hard at all. I was a newbie 2 weeks ago and look at my trade rep now.[/quote9e7f6b31e0]
thats insane...all your trades been all successful im guessing...

but it is hard for us new users...i traded with mostly new people and isnt one of the rules for trade record to go up is to trade with a person who has at least a trade record...so how do i get points amongst newbies?

nicd.01

22-03-2005 13:22:32

[quote1d910b6c48="iron_monkey"][quote1d910b6c48="abrock124"]Being a newbie isnt hard at all. I was a newbie 2 weeks ago and look at my trade rep now.[/quote1d910b6c48]
thats insane...all your trades been all successful im guessing...

but it is hard for us new users...i traded with mostly new people and isnt one of the rules for trade record to go up is to trade with a person who has at least a trade record...so how do i get points amongst newbies?[/quote1d910b6c48]

You might have to suck it up and do an offer or two strictly for cash. Just don't trade with newbies and you'll get your record in no time. The first two trades will be a pain because you aren't getting what you want in return (a completed offer) but the rest should be fine. Pretty much everyone has to do this and I think it keeps things in line pretty well. Good luck.

carpediem

22-03-2005 14:14:29

[quote1e94efb585="nicd.01"]You might have to suck it up and do an offer or two strictly for cash. Just don't trade with newbies and you'll get your record in no time. The first two trades will be a pain because you aren't getting what you want in return (a completed offer) but the rest should be fine. Pretty much everyone has to do this and I think it keeps things in line pretty well. Good luck.[/quote1e94efb585]

Yeah, I have to agree with nicd.01. When I got to this board, there was no trade record or good traders list. It evolved into the system/rules that are in place now bc too many people weren't living up to their end of the bargain. So, in order to police ourselves, the mods/admins came up with the trade record idea with input from everybody on the board. Is it a perfect system?? Definitely not. Are newbies at a disadvantage?? To some degree, they are. But, overall, the system now works much better than everybody just taking each others word. If you prefer doing it that way, there are plenty of other boards out there that have less stringent rules. But I think that it is much safer to trade on this forum. The key is to get the +2 trade record and be a member for two weeks. It takes awhile, but being patient will work out for you in the end. nicd.01 says you probably have to take cash for a trade, but I think you can still find reputable traders who are willing to trade site for site. If not, and you had to end up doing 2 sites for cash, I'm sure that in the end you could use that money to AT THE VERY LEAST pay someone else to do a site for you with a little money left over. Depending on the site(s), you might even be able to parlay it into getting 2 sites done for you. If you're frustrated with trading with newbies, PM me and maybe I can help you out to bump up your trade record. In any case, good luck.