When do you make the conclusion that you're being scammed?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=8798

ScarlettsMom

16-03-2005 06:59:37

Ok, I do lots of trades on this forum, and two other forums. Well, one on forum, I traded with a "reputable trader" and they've been yellow for a few weeks. I asked them to do another offer last week, and they agreed, and they're still yellow. I hate to accuse anyone of scamming me, but I'm starting to get a little worried.

CronoDekar

16-03-2005 07:44:33

Unfortunately, there's no good way to decide. Rather than "how long" it'd prolly be best to factor in other things too, such has how communicative they've been to you about the trade. May want to try "outting" them on the forum as at least a potential scammer.

xs10shul

16-03-2005 08:14:01

I usually give someone two weeks. If they haven't gone green, I ask for an explanation. Depending on the answer (if there is one), I'll either ask for another offer or at the very least for a letter to the site owner.

It's really difficult to decide sometimes. Because these things aren't exact, sometimes it really isn't the person's fault, and making them do more than one extra offer doesn't seem fair.

chapel

16-03-2005 08:21:48

I would say it depends on the situation and how much info the person has given. Im currently in trade with Scarlett, and one of my offers might take a while. I want to go green as fast as possible because that means I get mine to go green. So I am contemplating doing another offer so I can go green faster. BTW its BMG, dang thing I heard takes 3 weeks to go green...

chillywilly

16-03-2005 08:28:11

It's hard to determine because the various offers on any of the sites can be anywhere from instant to 7 days to 2 weeks.

And even some of the offers that were instant a week ago may now take a week to credit.

I'd say for both Gratis and Offer Centric, if it's been over a week, a friendly email reminder to check on the offer would be in order.

Any other site, I give two weeks. During that two weeks, I try to keep in contact with the person I've done the offer for and what I've done to try to get credit sooner.

As for doing multiple offers, that's something the two traders will have to come to terms on. Personally for myself, with the limited number of offers I can still do, that may not be an option. For new users, that's very possible. I've had to do multiple offers in the past and it's not a great thing, but normally the second offer will get credit faster than the first.

Understanding with some of us long time freebie users is a lot easier to know you will not get scammed vs. the new guy that flys in here and doesn't respond for days.