Question for a friend

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=8793

splattered

15-03-2005 21:57:14

Im trying to help a friend out with getting all this stuff started, and he thinks his brother already signed up when he was at his house, but put down the home address where he lives (not the same as clint) and he is scared that because of the same ip, he wont get credit, AND that it will blacklist him from ALL gratis offers.. he asked me and i have NO idea what to tell him..

If he is greyed out or whatever at say freeipods.com, will that affect his freehandbags.com account also..

I did notice that the various gratis sites have different sign in screens and other things but i told him he might be totally screwed.. anyone know?

jadem

16-03-2005 06:05:38

He will most likely not be able to sign up for whatever site his brother signed up for. However, if his brother only signed up for ONE gratis site, he's free to do others.

You don't really think we're all scamming gratis when we do multiple sites, do you? wink

ScarlettsMom

16-03-2005 06:26:18

He could make an account and contact customer service. Sometimes they'll let you know, or tell you just not to access the other account.

splattered

16-03-2005 07:13:19

uhmm i dunno? I guess he signed up for only one gratis site with their same ip different address, but it might have been two. He wrote me again this morning (i just woke ahhhhhh) and he wants to know if you sign up multiple times for a certain freeoffer, if it affects all the other gratis sites he already has or wants to sign up for only once. I have no clue

jadem

16-03-2005 07:24:11

[quoted2c63701bf="splattered"]uhmm i dunno? I guess he signed up for only one gratis site with their same ip different address, but it might have been two. He wrote me again this morning (i just woke ahhhhhh) and he wants to know if you sign up multiple times for a certain freeoffer, if it affects all the other gratis sites he already has or wants to sign up for only once. I have no clue[/quoted2c63701bf]

You can only do an OFFER once, but you can sign up for each gratis site (one account per household rule).

splattered

16-03-2005 07:24:35

Alright, i called him.. he says they did one gratis site, two oc sites. I think theyre all the same company arent they? He doesnt care about the oc sites, but he does the gratis. I told him MAYBE he'll get lucky and it wont affect other gratis sites he signs up for but not to hold his breath

jadem

16-03-2005 07:44:40

OC and Gratis are NOT the same.

If he signed up for a site his brother signed up for, he might not get THAT one site placed on hold.

If he signed up for other Gratis sites, he's fine on those.

splattered

16-03-2005 08:41:00

K thanks, ill let him know to BE MORE CAREFUL hehe