Vonage offer -- help!! Has anyone done Vonage?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=8324

kevxross

10-03-2005 11:32:52

Hey. Has anyone here done the vonage offer for offercentric?? I just signed up for it and used a virtual CC number with a limit of $20. I figured they would only charge me $15 for the first month. Well they created my account then told me my credit card is no good and to reenter. I looked and it's because they're trying to charge me [b499b01b86c]$57.78[/b499b01b86c]!! I know it's my fault because I didn't read closely enough, but I can't find anywhere that it says I will be charged for equipment or anything (that's what I'm assuming it's for).

What should I do? I don't really want vonage (they don't even have my area code) I was just going to cancel it after 1 month. I see they have an option for retail activation for people who already have the equipment or whatever. Will that waive whatever the extra fee is that they're trying to charge me and make it only cost $15? Can I do this even though I didn't buy the retail package, or will I need a serial number or something? Should I cancel my current account and sign up again with the retail package?

Anyone who has done the vonage offer, I would really appreciate any help you can provide here...

Thanks.

kevxross

10-03-2005 11:42:05

Found the info I needed. I'm an idiot (

Startup Costs
(includes first month of service)
Activation Fee $29.99
First Month's Service Charge $14.99
Federal Excise Tax $1.35
Regulatory Recover Fee $1.50
Shipping and Handling $9.95
Total $57.78

EatChex89

10-03-2005 12:57:51

[quote71a46b3c17="kevxross"]Found the info I needed. I'm an idiot (

Startup Costs
(includes first month of service)
Activation Fee $29.99
First Month's Service Charge $14.99
Federal Excise Tax $1.35
Regulatory Recover Fee $1.50
Shipping and Handling $9.95
Total $57.78[/quote71a46b3c17]

wow, thats a lot for a stupid phone..

kevxross

10-03-2005 14:23:05

They're cool though. I called up and cancelled the order without any hassle (partly because the order never REALLY went through, due to my $20 limit virtual credit card). He told me they're running a promo for $9.99/mo and no activation fee. I'd jump on that if I could do it through OfferCentric and get credit, but I don't see it anywhere. Ah well, I think I'll just stay away from vonage. Now I know why a search for "vonage" here didn't turn much up.

I wonder though if OfferCentric got their kickback from my sign up anyway...