Question I've Had For Quite Some Time...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=8115

bballp6699

08-03-2005 09:16:48

I had never heard of Great Fun, Netmarket, Shoppers Advantage, Trimlife, etc before I started all this free stuff. I'm sure most people have not either. So, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say a good portion of the people that have signed up for memberships to these sites are from sites like these. I would also guess that a good 90% of them quit after their free trial.

So my question is, how do they have enough money to pay SearchCactus and other such sites and why would they continue to do so? They have to be losing a lot of money while doing this and gaining very little....

adenosine

08-03-2005 09:23:03

SHHHH!!!

If these companies didn't deliver return on investment, nobody would use them. If you notice, a lot of them have very high markup on the goods they provide. This allows them to lose a lot of customers and still see ROI.

The fact that now you know about these companies is pretty telling at how effective this marketing strategy is for them.

Lunarpancake

08-03-2005 11:45:49

bball...just be happy they are still available at the moment

bballp6699

08-03-2005 12:32:47

Well, they've been available for over a year because that's when I first saw them, so I doubt they are going anywhere anytime soon.

FreeOffersNow

08-03-2005 13:38:42

I'm sure alot more people than you think keep these services. Sure, all the kids cancel, but the kids aren't who these companies are targeting. Believe it or not....there are more than just kids in the game these days. I could go on and on talking about target audience vs target market, but I think that might be a bit too intensive for posting purposes. roll