Almost died last night...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78934

TFOAF

30-06-2009 15:28:43

It's 950 PM on Monday, June 29, 2009. I was was hanging out at the Radburn Park with Boris when we decide to leave. I go to throw out my dunkin donuts drink...I go and push it into the garbage can and somehow miss. I go pick it up, throw it out, and we laugh about it and start walking down the rocky path to the parking lot where Boris' parents' SUV was parked. As we're walking down...going towards his car...We hear a car going really fast (later determined to be going 80 MPH). It went over a large bump which a lot of people know about. Now, I saw this car before going the other direction, and I saw it go about 40 MPH and it bottomed out, but nothing happened.

Anyways...Car starts screeching and started skidding sideways onto the rocks which is where we were. No joke, we were about 3 feet away from the car. The headlights were in our face, I honestly didn't know what was going to happen. I could touch the hood of the car if I wanted to. Now, in the parking lot there's a long plank of wood dividing the grass and the lot. The car proceeds to skit into the plank of wood, causing it to flip over, and crash into Boris' SUV. The car lands upside down. There were other people on the other side of the parking lot that saw this happen, as well as other people on the other side of the hill. Honestly I saw my life flash before my eyes. Three kids ran out of the car, one yelled "I'm on parol I'm not dealing with this." One of the passengers was stuck inside the car. Cops showed up in about 30 seconds. There were about 20 cop cars, 3 firetrucks, ambulances, heavy rescue...it was insane. Half my town was there. They couldn't get the kid out of the car for about 30-40 minutes. Apparently when they got the kid out, his legs were in a 180, also apparently he had already been in some type of accident previously and he had metal rods in him which went through him I believe.

These kids were from fucking Paramus. No idea what the fuck they were doing on that road, it's like the most obscure road in Fair Lawn.

A rock or some large debris must have gone through the third window in Boris' SUV because there was a huge hole. The whole left side of the SUV was fucked up, couldn't steer it.

I'm honestly still shaken up about it...

Seriously, if I didn't drop my drink, we would've been completely crushed. No way to avoid it.

Also, they were doing this "intentionally" to go for a joyride.

So that was my night.

We're both lucky to be alive.

News Article http//www.northjersey.com/news/crimeandcourts/Fair_Lawn_placeholder.html

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS.[=http//nuggstein.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumName=album01]CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS.

slambam

30-06-2009 19:24:15

[quote94d3cd72bf="TFOAF"]Three kids ran out of the car, one yelled "I'm on parol I'm not dealing with this." [/quote94d3cd72bf]

I would have rans these assholes down and beat the shit outta them. It's jackasses like this who shouldn't be allowed to drive.

theysayjump

30-06-2009 21:34:56

Damn, dude. That's pretty fucked up.

Glad you're alright.

J4320

30-06-2009 21:41:16

Daaaaaaaaamn dude. shock

Stuff like this just makes you realize you aren't exactly guaranteed a full long life like you think when you're young. Live it to the fullest. I'm glad you're okay.

EatChex89

30-06-2009 22:55:16

wtf. thats insane shit.

bballp6699

01-07-2009 05:09:51

I like the part where you go to throw out the Dunkin Donuts cup and miss. Really added to the story.

But yeah, glad you're alright.

FreeOffersNow

01-07-2009 06:11:47

I'm not a great story teller...but this reminds me of a snowy night when, while driving, I see lights flashing coming down the road...then quickly realize it's not flashing lights at all...but a car spinning out of control, 360 after 360 after 360, right toward me. I have RWD, which will tell most of you that I wasn't exactly in the best vehicle to manuever in the snow...so I did the only thing I could do and tried to time the imminent passing just right. While my passenger was freaking out, it was almost movie like...time slowed slowed as I watched this car continue on it's collision course right toward us.

It looked like there was no way we could miss it, and it sounds ridiculous but while this is going on I'm timing the revolutions and waiting for the best time to make my move. At just the right time, I accelerate to purposely go into like a controlled fishtail to emulate their angle while moving forward as they pass...they end up perfectly scraping off 1 inch of paint on the outermost corner of my front bumper...no other damage. It was definitely a wow moment watching them pass by lengthwise within inches.

babetran

01-07-2009 07:50:13

Glad you're safe!

TFOAF

01-07-2009 14:01:39

[quote2ae1572d22="bballp6699"]I like the part where you go to throw out the Dunkin Donuts cup and miss. Really added to the story.

But yeah, glad you're alright.[/quote2ae1572d22]

Saved my life.
[quote2ae1572d22="FreeOffersNow"]I'm not a great story teller...but this reminds me of a snowy night when, while driving, I see lights flashing coming down the road...then quickly realize it's not flashing lights at all...but a car spinning out of control, 360 after 360 after 360, right toward me. I have RWD, which will tell most of you that I wasn't exactly in the best vehicle to manuever in the snow...so I did the only thing I could do and tried to time the imminent passing just right. While my passenger was freaking out, it was almost movie like...time slowed slowed as I watched this car continue on it's collision course right toward us.

It looked like there was no way we could miss it, and it sounds ridiculous but while this is going on I'm timing the revolutions and waiting for the best time to make my move. At just the right time, I accelerate to purposely go into like a controlled fishtail to emulate their angle while moving forward as they pass...they end up perfectly scraping off 1 inch of paint on the outermost corner of my front bumper...no other damage. It was definitely a wow moment watching them pass by lengthwise within inches.[/quote2ae1572d22]
Yeah man. When it was happening, it happened so fast it was going in slow motion.

slambam

01-07-2009 16:51:45

[quote5292191fa5="TFOAF"][quote5292191fa5="bballp6699"]I like the part where you go to throw out the Dunkin Donuts cup and miss. Really added to the story.

But yeah, glad you're alright.[/quote5292191fa5]

Saved my life.[/quote5292191fa5]

It's funny how that shit works out. Last year I had to fill in at a different office for work for the day. Later in the day, someone from my office was sick so I had to go back earlier than planned. The next day I look at the newspaper and there was a bad accident on the highway I was taking, and right around the time that I would have been coming back if the person hadn't have gotten sick. A car crossed into the north bound lanes, which was the way I was heading back to my office. Obviously yours was a lot closer than mine, I may have still been a few miles away at the time, but it really makes you think what if.

J4320

01-07-2009 19:36:30

[quotee925bcc145="bballp6699"]I like the part where you go to throw out the Dunkin Donuts cup and miss. Really added to the story.

But yeah, glad you're alright.[/quotee925bcc145]

I know. He should of left that part out and let us in on his earlier activities of the day.

http//acidcow.com/content" alt=""/img/new02/471/26.jpg[/imge925bcc145]

hehehhehe

01-07-2009 19:52:23

[quotef966bf8a1d="FreeOffersNow"]I'm not a great story teller...but this reminds me of a snowy night when, while driving, I see lights flashing coming down the road...then quickly realize it's not flashing lights at all...but a car spinning out of control, 360 after 360 after 360, right toward me. I have RWD, which will tell most of you that I wasn't exactly in the best vehicle to manuever in the snow...so I did the only thing I could do and tried to time the imminent passing just right. While my passenger was freaking out, it was almost movie like...time slowed slowed as I watched this car continue on it's collision course right toward us.

It looked like there was no way we could miss it, and it sounds ridiculous but while this is going on I'm timing the revolutions and waiting for the best time to make my move. At just the right time, I accelerate to purposely go into like a controlled fishtail to emulate their angle while moving forward as they pass...they end up perfectly scraping off 1 inch of paint on the outermost corner of my front bumper...no other damage. It was definitely a wow moment watching them pass by lengthwise within inches.[/quotef966bf8a1d]
Dude you totally stole that from the last Fast and Furious movie.

Watch from 030-

Nice to see you survived foaf.

Twon

02-07-2009 10:23:13

Glad you're ok FOAF.

Berky34

02-07-2009 14:42:07

[quotec561e957ce="J4320"][quotec561e957ce="bballp6699"]I like the part where you go to throw out the Dunkin Donuts cup and miss. Really added to the story.

But yeah, glad you're alright.[/quotec561e957ce]

I know. He should of left that part out and let us in on his earlier activities of the day.

http//acidcow.com/content" alt=""/img/new02/471/26.jpg[/imgc561e957ce][/quotec561e957ce]

one of my favorites from awkwardboners.com

oh and i thought of you (foaf) when i saw it too

J4320

02-07-2009 14:50:39

That site is hilarious! lol

edit -

...until you see your quota of daily boners and can take no more...

DRay9911

03-07-2009 13:50:10

not sure if you guys saw this screengrab from last season's dancing with the stars

http//s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/3/31/23/dancing-with-the-stars-boner-edition-21761-1238556789-17.jpg[" alt=""/img04ebe6d5b8]

the girl is gymnast shawn johnson

-dan

EatChex89

03-07-2009 14:51:29

looks like she's ready to take it up the poop shoot

akalic

04-07-2009 01:04:50

so basically since you missed getting the drink in you delayed yourself from getting into the SUV before the accident right? I just read it really fast. Good to know you're safe though FOAFIE, although i'm sure there are probably tons of ways we could all die if the stars align..but damn, knowing full well of what you did that saved yourself from your own demise is a damn comforting feeling.

FreeOffersNow

06-07-2009 06:29:30

boners are so easy to photoshop that unfortunately my skepticism forces me to think all of the images are less funny (

TFOAF

06-07-2009 14:17:23

how did this topic turn into boner discussions?

[quote13d55bbfb4="akalic"]so basically since you missed getting the drink in you delayed yourself from getting into the SUV before the accident right? I just read it really fast. Good to know you're safe though FOAFIE, although i'm sure there are probably tons of ways we could all die if the stars align..but damn, knowing full well of what you did that saved yourself from your own demise is a damn comforting feeling.[/quote13d55bbfb4]
yep. that's for sure.

J4320

06-07-2009 17:22:09

why are you guys discussing boners I almost died maaaaan!

Quadracer89

12-07-2009 15:16:09

I have a friend in paramus, shes friends with the kids in the accident. Saw this on the paper the otherday, crazy shit.

akalic

13-07-2009 04:09:13

oh are you serious? so you're saying she's affiliated with the kids in the accident..no way. I've never met someone who's friends with someone from the accident. the accident was pretty terrible though..good thing i wasn't in the accident and no others were harmed in the accident. i heard the accident was pretty chilling though. don't disclose too much information about the accident though, in respect for their families

TFOAF

13-07-2009 17:21:48

[quotea99e44b7a0="Quadracer89"]I have a friend in paramus, shes friends with the kids in the accident. Saw this on the paper the otherday, crazy shit.[/quotea99e44b7a0]
Oh, yeah?

Berky34

13-07-2009 18:31:17

[quote6b87ebc80c="akalic"]oh are you serious? so you're saying she's affiliated with the kids in the accident..no way. I've never met someone who's friends with someone from the accident. the accident was pretty terrible though..good thing i wasn't in the accident and no others were harmed in the accident. i heard the accident was pretty chilling though. don't disclose too much information about the accident though, in respect for their families[/quote6b87ebc80c]
wat

J4320

13-07-2009 19:28:28

i accidentally the whole accident

cwncool

15-07-2009 21:59:20

[quote3e41902940="J4320"]i accidentally the whole accident[/quote3e41902940]
the whole accident!!?!