Project Natal - A Must Read

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78885

Investopedia

16-06-2009 00:32:22

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACt9R9z37U

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=40E3oq5DGxQ&NR=1

I would watch the first one then the second.... this shit is unreal.

It's expected to release to the public by the end of 2010, but I mean holy hell this is the most advanced shit I've ever seen.

Anyone heard of it or seen it?

Discuss FTW

EatChex89

16-06-2009 00:48:31

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Honestly, I don't want to "interact" with my video games through air. Give me a controller, let me sit on the couch.

When I play video games I want to relax, sit on the couch, not jump the fuck around punching the air.

Armstrong

16-06-2009 14:03:35

[quotef9fde68283="EatChex89"]This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Honestly, I don't want to "interact" with my video games through air. Give me a controller, let me sit on the couch.

When I play video games I want to relax, sit on the couch, not jump the fuck around punching the air.[/quotef9fde68283]

I second that. Wii bowling was fun twice. then it became a huge pain in the ass to actually move. I'd much rather go real bowling

zr2152

16-06-2009 14:33:20

Yeah I agree with armstrong and chex BUT it would be a good way to get exercise. I dunno though I like my 360 and the game selection. Xbox seems to be trying to go in the direction of the whole family gaming scene, just like Nintendo.

akalic

19-06-2009 13:22:50

that was kind of cheesy..no offense lol. some of the sports are kind of neat i guess..but damn that skateboarding one just looks like a real pain. you've got to PUSH yourself? and you got to fix your own race car at the pit? damn..talk about chores..chex is right

TFOAF

19-06-2009 14:12:15

You guys do realize the video with the family was just a sample of what it's capable of. The technology is actually incredible...it was tested and no one is complaining about it and they are saying it can take gaming to an entirely new level, hardcore or not...it's something else to do, it's not saying you have to stop using controllers.

Investopedia

19-06-2009 20:18:30

well said foafy...

i agree obv. you can't play CoD7 on this thing... but it's something fun to do, like the Wii....

tell me that technology with Milo wasn't ridiculous

akalic

20-06-2009 04:59:13

Good point. I guess i'm just too used to the traditional setting of having a wired controller attached to a console and playing it while sitting on my couch. But yeah, no doubt that this new active way of gaming is pretty neat stuff..just not my cup of coffee i guess, the wii has already fulfilled 70% of what this has to offer from what i can tell

TFOAF

20-06-2009 07:50:09

[quote7cd2115f4e="akalic"]Good point. I guess i'm just too used to the traditional setting of having a wired controller attached to a console and playing it while sitting on my couch. But yeah, no doubt that this new active way of gaming is pretty neat stuff..just not my cup of coffee i guess, the wii has already fulfilled 70% of what this has to offer from what i can tell[/quote7cd2115f4e]
However, this technology has the ability to use full motion detection, for like 30 different areas of your body...including the mouth. That's just insane! O

It uses both a normal camera and an infrared camera...so it works in the dark as well.

nobody2000

20-06-2009 12:58:20

You can tell the couple at the end of the clip are gonna totally do it...

akalic

21-06-2009 12:31:21

[quotecfa2265492="TFOAF"][quotecfa2265492="akalic"]Good point. I guess i'm just too used to the traditional setting of having a wired controller attached to a console and playing it while sitting on my couch. But yeah, no doubt that this new active way of gaming is pretty neat stuff..just not my cup of coffee i guess, the wii has already fulfilled 70% of what this has to offer from what i can tell[/quotecfa2265492]
However, this technology has the ability to use full motion detection, for like 30 different areas of your body...including the mouth. That's just insane! O

It uses both a normal camera and an infrared camera...so it works in the dark as well.[/quotecfa2265492]

yeah i know, i'm just saying the concept of having to move to game has been captured by nintendo already

but yeah, this stuff is pretty phenomenal stuff, doesn't even feel like a video game anymore haha

not to be nintendo junkie but it's funny how nintendo just released their new DS with a camera that you can use to play games with..pretty funny how the other two major companies are catching on

TFOAF

21-06-2009 18:23:12

Yeah, I agree...while Nintendo did come out with the technology first...it's far from being the same. P

Also, the DS is a pretty cool system, I like it...moreso for the fact that you can purchase a cartridge that you can put a microSD card in it..and download a bunch of ROMs...not that I own one though, hahah; but why would they add a camera? I mean they basically re-released the DS, added an "i" to the name, and a camera and bigger screens, hahah. Not sure why someone would wanna play portable camera games...but to each his own. P

nobody2000

22-06-2009 19:36:49

Just wait until 3D projection holography (is that a real term? I'm just making it up as I go) is a reality. You have an added interface where you have a virtual environment with "tangible" objects projected in your area.

Then we'll progress 30 years from now and game systems will include a platform that generates fast-changing polymers that react to different electric charges and pulses. This, with a treadmill like platform that reacts to changes in weight distribution will create a truly tangible virtual environment.

Add something that mists out vapor that mimics certain smells (i.e. tricks your olfactory receptors) and WoW - 2050 will be played by nerds....who suddenly are the fittest people on the planet.

TFOAF

22-06-2009 19:44:32

--> http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdh4TqWFfX4

Sony released that teaser I think when the Playstation 2 was released.

Playstation 9...hahah...it's exactly what you said.

ilikegreens

24-06-2009 09:22:43

I think the most amazing part of this was the object scanning into the screen. Not so much the skateboard, but when the girl handed the "fake friend" a piece of paper, he reached up and grabbed it. That is definately amazing in my eyes.

Does anyone know how much this is going to cost? Will it break the $500 mark?

cubbieco

25-06-2009 09:36:28

Before we get too excited (and I'm sorry for the troll comment) right now this is just a vaporware demo. They only kind of sort of have a prototype that works in a specific instance.

With that said if and when this comes out it will be really cool. I'm not going to get excited about it until the demos are more universal and hands on. There is no pricing, no release date, nothing they can send for independent testing.

I'm guessing if this comes at all out it probably won't be until late 2010 at the earliest.

I'm not trying to start a flame, just bringing some reality in.