Lyme Disease

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78859

Killer722

03-06-2009 11:30:16

I got diagnosed with Lyme disease around 2 weeks ago and am now on my last week of Doxycycline treatment. I've been reading a lot about the controversy behind Lyme like how it ruins peoples lives forever and how scientists think they're all faking. I think I got it back in February and am feeling much better now, so hopefully I'll be ok. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else here has/had lyme disease and how it all turned out for you. Thanks.

zr2152

03-06-2009 11:57:40

[quotefefca4ba7f="Killer722"]I got diagnosed with Lyme disease around 2 weeks ago and am now on my last week of Doxycycline treatment. I've been reading a lot about the controversy behind Lyme like how it ruins peoples lives forever and how scientists think they're all faking. I think I got it back in February and am feeling much better now, so hopefully I'll be ok. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else here has/had lyme disease and how it all turned out for you. Thanks.[/quotefefca4ba7f]

All I know is that my buddy's brother had it. I know he is fine now and never really suffered any severe body dysfunctions. I don't really know what it does to you but he is healthy as a horse right now.

Hope that is some encouragement. What exactly does it do?

Killer722

03-06-2009 15:42:21

Thanks. At the worst, some people suffer terrible arthritis and neurological symptoms that pretty much debilitate them, like bad loss of memory, terrible joints, bad eyesight, and tons of other symptoms. They call Lyme the great masquerader because its symptoms are not exclusive. The only exclusive symptom is a bulls eye shaped rash, but only around 50% of cases actually get it...I didnt. The extent of what I got was extreme fatigue, flu like symptoms, 104 fever, really bad sore throat, and just overall shit feeling.

nobody2000

08-06-2009 23:14:12

They say the sooner you figure out you have it, the better.

Killer722

09-06-2009 11:00:19

I took my last pill last night and I'm feeling 100% better...hopefully I stay that way. Thanks for the advice.