VERY IMPORTANT! A MUST READ!!!!!!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78789

LLee93

12-05-2009 08:22:40

Hello,

I'm Lance, & I'm disabled because I made the irresponsible choice to drink & drive. I've created a website to tell my story & to help spread the message of the dangers of drinking & driving. I don't want anyone to have to suffer the things I have. Checkout my site & email it to all your family & friends & get them to do the same.

The site is full of content. It has blogs from me, my sister, & my mother's heart wrenching account of what she went through. It also has pics & videos that help reinforce the dangers of drunk driving.

God bless!

http//www.dontdrinkandride.com/

EatChex89

12-05-2009 10:10:32

Didn't someone else make a website chronicling their dumb choices?
(Maybe it was you)

+Karma to whoever searches and can find it.

Other than that, I do have to say that I don't agree with the message your website URL portrays. Don't Drink and Ride? Ride as a passenger? I would hope you would encourage drinking and riding. . . unless of course you mean "don't drink and ride" a horse. Because that [if2e83fb41f]is[/if2e83fb41f] illegal.

[edit] You had posted previously[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=729955&highlight=#729955]posted previously about your condition, but I am thinking of someone else who actually made a thread about their website (or I could just be dreaming). Either way, it still bugs me that I can't remember who it was and what exactly it was about (except that they made a bad choice with drinking and ended up paralyzed). Maybe I'm dreaming.

slambam

12-05-2009 10:50:13

The only sad thing is that it takes events like this for people to realize what they are doing is wrong. Do you do speeches for school or anything? I would think high schools and such would love to have you share your story. I'm glad you didn't do what so many other drunk drivers do and just not care. This country is completely idiotic when it comes to drunk driving, people can do it multiple times and not even care, or just get a slap on the wrist. Again, I'm glad your going to make a difference. Take care.

bruman

12-05-2009 11:03:03

[quotecca875929d="EatChex89"]Didn't someone else make a website chronicling their dumb choices?
(Maybe it was you)

Other than that, I do have to say that I don't agree with the message your website URL portrays. Don't Drink and Ride? Ride as a passenger? I would hope you would encourage drinking and riding. . . unless of course you mean "don't drink and ride" a horse. Because that [icca875929d]is[/icca875929d] illegal.

[edit] You had posted previously[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=729955&highlight=#729955]posted previously about your condition, but I am thinking of someone else who actually made a thread about their website (or I could just be dreaming). Either way, it still bugs me that I can't remember who it was and what exactly it was about (except that they made a bad choice with drinking and ended up paralyzed). Maybe I'm dreaming.[/quotecca875929d]

I remember that too. Maybe it's the same guy?
And prob. dontdrinkanddrive.com was taken so he chose dontdrinkandride, my guess anyways

TryinToGetPaid

12-05-2009 11:11:54

It was another guy. Do not remember his name either.

J4320

12-05-2009 12:33:07

I don't know... LLee93 has made a thread about this before. I'm not saying that's a bad thing of course. It's a message people need to hear.

dontdrinkandride.com sounds like "don't drink and take a ride with someone" lol. lol We get the picture though. Cool web site dude.

LLee93

12-05-2009 13:10:49

[quote87b48ad4a8="EatChex89"]Didn't someone else make a website chronicling their dumb choices?
(Maybe it was you)

Other than that, I do have to say that I don't agree with the message your website URL portrays. Don't Drink and Ride? Ride as a passenger? I would hope you would encourage drinking and riding. . . unless of course you mean "don't drink and ride" a horse. Because that [i87b48ad4a8]is[/i87b48ad4a8] illegal.

[edit] You had posted previously[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?p=729955&highlight=#729955]posted previously about your condition, but I am thinking of someone else who actually made a thread about their website (or I could just be dreaming). Either way, it still bugs me that I can't remember who it was and what exactly it was about (except that they made a bad choice with drinking and ended up paralyzed). Maybe I'm dreaming.[/quote87b48ad4a8]

The url is what it is because dontdrinkanddrive was taken. It's that because it'll show up better in searches. The site is not simply the url. Read the site & you'll get the message. It is not only about drinking and driving, but it's also about not riding with someone that has had too much to drink. That is just as big of a problem. I know people that drove drunk and killed their drunk passenger. See that video, on my site, called Michelle's story.

I posted my story several years ago, so you may be thinking of me.

For the person that asked, yes I do speak about my accident. I don't want other people ending up like me.