Anyone know if Circuit City markdown greater than 30% yet?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78378

supersponger1979

06-02-2009 12:31:05

Thanks

Last time I was in it was either 10, 20, or 30% off

SkatingCrippled

06-02-2009 12:39:47

Just an FYI-

The liquidators usually mark-up everything 10-30% before they add on the "discounts." You really won't be getting any great deals at circuit city. They just make you THINK that you're getting good deals.

mnx12

06-02-2009 13:35:52

Yeah they put everything back up to MSRP before applying the discount. I would say wait a month and it will be down to like 40-50% off. Even though there won't be much selection at that point.

Quadracer89

09-02-2009 14:54:43

Haha, yeah thats what im waiting for. I bet you can get some good deals on Circuit City gift cards on ebay and such. I might be doing something like that and trying to get myself a TV before the close up.

EatChex89

09-02-2009 15:34:25

My mom saw guitar hero world tour for ps3 for $70. I think she bought it for my brother.

ilikegreens

09-02-2009 17:15:53

[quote207c55090d="Quadracer89"]Haha, yeah thats what im waiting for. I bet you can get some good deals on Circuit City gift cards on ebay and such. I might be doing something like that and trying to get myself a TV before the close up.[/quote207c55090d]

One thing that I really wasn't thinking about until now, buying anything big, expensive, like a TV is a bad idea. If they are going out of buisness, wont the warrenty mean nothing since they won't have any contact or anything. Just my opinion.

mnx12

09-02-2009 18:35:11

[quote9900c31a23="ilikegreens"][quote9900c31a23="Quadracer89"]Haha, yeah thats what im waiting for. I bet you can get some good deals on Circuit City gift cards on ebay and such. I might be doing something like that and trying to get myself a TV before the close up.[/quote9900c31a23]

One thing that I really wasn't thinking about until now, buying anything big, expensive, like a TV is a bad idea. If they are going out of buisness, wont the warrenty mean nothing since they won't have any contact or anything. Just my opinion.[/quote9900c31a23]

I'm sure you still have manufacturer warranty, which is probably 100x better than store warranties anyways.

dmorris68

09-02-2009 18:40:58

I stopped in this weekend, and it was a madhouse. A guy was on the street waving a sign saying "50% Clearance!" but it must have said "up to" in the small print I couldn't see from the road, because I saw linothingli marked 50% off. Most everything was 10%-30% off of MSRP, so it still wasn't a good source of bargains compared to your everyday online vendors like Amazon.

I figured if big ticket items like HDTVs and laptops would be long gone before they got anywhere near 50%, because you're talking a lot of savings even off MSRP. But the walls and racks were still FULL of TV's and laptops, most were only like $100 off. There was a huge crowd of people there, but I didn't really see any major buying going on. Just people curious. Prices aren't yet low enough yet to really start moving stuff.

One exception was a nice LG 24" monitor that I had been looking at recently, that gets good reviews. They had it marked 25% off $400, making it $300, which was quite a good deal. But it didn't look like they had anything left but the display model, and my wife overruled me on that purchase decision anyway. I was sick with a sinus infection so that's why I didn't push the issue. Yeah. Right. Anyways...

[quotec3e80baf40="EatChex89"]My mom saw guitar hero world tour for ps3 for $70. I think she bought it for my brother.[/quotec3e80baf40]
Another exception to the high prices I saw it there this weekend for $55 (guitar version only, the whole kit was like $160 I think). Almost bought the guitar version just to have it around, even though it's not my bag.

[quotec3e80baf40="ilikegreens"]One thing that I really wasn't thinking about until now, buying anything big, expensive, like a TV is a bad idea. If they are going out of buisness, wont the warrenty mean nothing since they won't have any contact or anything. Just my opinion.[/quotec3e80baf40]
You always have the factory warranty, and you can still buy the Circuit City extended warranties during the liquidation. These plans are serviced by a 3rd party and not CC itself. You won't be able to just take a broken product back to CC of course, but they will provide you an alternative location to have it serviced or picked up. All of this info is on (what's left of) their website.