J43, This Goes Out To You *Advice Needed*

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=77942

ESMcCready

02-12-2008 09:04:44

Let's say there's this girl and she's trying to sell this herb called Salvia right. Where do you think said girl can sell said herb at?

Craigslist is being a bitch to said girl so that's out of the question. Trying to sell on eBay is out of the question too since there is so much fake shit on there that no one wants to buy said herb there anymore.

She really needs to promote but has NO CLUE where to promote at! She lives in a little hick town in Maryland so Word Of Mouth locally is out of the question PLUS said girl doesn't think any of these fuckers know anything about said herb.

lilolli Said girl is really depressed and NO, she is not high while typing this.

Said girl also has a MySpace for said herb at http//www.myspace.com/salviaincense[]http//www.myspace.com/salviaincense

Thanks for the advice and the really funny, smart arse comments said girl KNOWS she's going to get from said people like TravMan, Bball, TTGP, and many MANY others. lilolli

TryinToGetPaid

02-12-2008 09:14:18

Thanks for the inclusion. I assume you have tried to get your friends into said drug, I mean incense? Like all good incense dealers you must develop a clientèle, one that will continue to come back and spread word for you. Perhaps throw a party of some sorts? Pass some out?

Stroid

02-12-2008 09:42:11

Not really sure why you would want to promote this? You can buy it legally at an headshop for the most part. Unless you have some sort of amazing hookup on the product will it really be profitable?

ilanbg

02-12-2008 09:49:12

[quote2b9e88e66c="Stroid"]Not really sure why you would want to promote this? You can buy it legally at an headshop for the most part. Unless you have some sort of amazing hookup on the product will it really be profitable?[/quote2b9e88e66c]

...Especially considering there doesn't appear to be much/any demand for it?

ESMcCready

02-12-2008 10:16:51

[i306f433b90]TTGP Thanks for the inclusion. I assume you have tried to get your friends into said drug, I mean incense? Like all good incense dealers you must develop a clientèle, one that will continue to come back and spread word for you. Perhaps throw a party of some sorts? Pass some out?[/i306f433b90]

I have a few internet buddies that I have already sent samples to who I know are great Word of Mouth-ers. I can't really have a party locally because people around here couldn't tell the difference between weed and a mint plant. I understand I must build client base which is why I'm looking around.

I guess, all in all, since I'm a drug virgin...I don't know how people hear about other people who are in the business, you know?

[i306f433b90]Stroid Not really sure why you would want to promote this? You can buy it legally at an headshop for the most part. Unless you have some sort of amazing hookup on the product will it really be profitable?[/i306f433b90]

What most people don't realize is that head shops OVERCHARGE majorly for Salvia? A gram of 20x might cost you $50 bucks in a head shop.

Since I know the people personally who grow the plant, I get it at super cheap prices with GREAT quality. There is a huge market for Salvia, once you get the right connections going. My friend makes about 5k a month dealing with Salvia and other ethnobotanicals from their home.

My prices are...

Salvia Leaves Prices
1 oz $10. = $0.36 per gram
4 oz $35 (Save $5). = $0.32 per gram
8 oz $60 (Save $20). = $0.28 cents per gram
16 oz./1 pound $110 (Save $50). = $0.25 cents per gram
35 oz./1 kilo/2.25 pounds $200 (Save $160). = $0.21 cents per gram

Salvia Extractions Prices --Per Ounce--
5x Extract $100 ($80 per when buying 16 oz. or more). = $3.60 per gram / $2.86 per gram

10x Extract $180 ($140 per when buying 16 oz. or more). = $6.41 per gram / $5 per gram

15x Extract $220 ($180 per when buying 16 oz. or more). = $7.86 per gram / $6.43 per gram

20x Extract $280 ($240 per when buying 16 oz. or more). = $10 per gram / $8.58 per gram

You can't find prices like that ANYWHERE else cheaper unless you growing the plant yourself.

[i306f433b90]ilanbq ...Especially considering there doesn't appear to be much/any demand for it?[/i306f433b90]

Like I said, there is a huge market for it. Tons of people make their whole living just dealing with Salvia. Of course, I'm not trying to be one of those, I just want a good lump sum of extra cash in my pocket. I'm still looking for a regular paycheck job as we speak.

Salvia's one of those things that unless you are looking or trying to hear about it...you really won't. Salvia trade isn't like weed...it's legal in about 42 of the states and most of the world so no one is going to go all crazy about it since there isn't the "danger" factor in it. Plus a salvia high to most hardcore thrill seekers isn't anything really special.

JennyWren

02-12-2008 10:45:53

[quotefecbe94176="ESMcCready"]Salvia trade isn't like weed...it's legal in about 42 of the states and most of the world so no one is going to go all crazy about it since there isn't the "danger" factor in it. Plus a salvia high to most hardcore thrill seekers isn't anything really special.[/quotefecbe94176]

There IS a danger factor, and it is a serious drug. If you do the concentrated form you MUST have a sitter.

Your best bet is probably to market it online, set up a site and doing some SEO to get it ranking well, then your clients will find you.

Stroid

02-12-2008 11:08:50

I like your breakdown but I am still not sold on profitability. But the way "weed" smokers spread the word is usually by trusted friends. Example You go to a friends house he has a friend over you smoke one together...the new person says where did u get that you say a buddy....next thing you know you are helping that person get something. Happens all the time..by that point things spread. I hope that made sense...im stoned writing this.

TryinToGetPaid

02-12-2008 11:44:15

Stoid, the word you are looking for is clientèle.

ESMcCready

02-12-2008 11:49:58

[quote314fe1c244="JennyWren"][quote314fe1c244="ESMcCready"]Salvia trade isn't like weed...it's legal in about 42 of the states and most of the world so no one is going to go all crazy about it since there isn't the "danger" factor in it. Plus a salvia high to most hardcore thrill seekers isn't anything really special.[/quote314fe1c244]

There IS a danger factor, and it is a serious drug. If you do the concentrated form you MUST have a sitter.

Your best bet is probably to market it online, set up a site and doing some SEO to get it ranking well, then your clients will find you.[/quote314fe1c244]

I meant danger factor as in the illegalization of it. I mean...what are you most likely to hear on the news...something dealing with something illegal AKA weed or something legal AKA salvia. Of late, Salvia has been in the news because it is legal but still not alot of people know about it.

And Salvia is a serious thing when it comes down to doing it but it's easier to find a friend who will watch you 10 minutes. A Salvia high is WAY different then a weed one...but the way I see. Shamen have been using it for years to perform healing ceremonies. I witnessed one...they were in a pretty controlled state. So I say...when it comes down to all those people who frick out and such...it is the state of their mind that causes it, not the affect of the drug.

Kinda like a create your own heaven and hell kind of thing, you know?

TryinToGetPaid

02-12-2008 11:57:49

"So I say...when it comes down to all those people who frick out and such...it is the state of their mind that causes it, not the affect of the drug. "

It alters your brain, it is the drug doing it -- not your state of mind. I agree that your state of mind could alter what you see or feel, but the drug is working in your brain full blown.

Your comparison with the shaman dumb. That is like saying a drunk can drive a car while drunk because he has done it so long he doesn't get on the table tops and take his shirt off when he gets hammered.

ESMcCready

02-12-2008 12:34:28

[quote8a0f8feda6="TryinToGetPaid"]"So I say...when it comes down to all those people who frick out and such...it is the state of their mind that causes it, not the affect of the drug. "

It alters your brain, it is the drug doing it -- not your state of mind. I agree that your state of mind could alter what you see or feel, but the drug is working in your brain full blown.

Your comparison with the shaman dumb. That is like saying a drunk can drive a car while drunk because he has done it so long he doesn't get on the table tops and take his shirt off when he gets hammered.[/quote8a0f8feda6]

GODS you know what I was saying! lilolli So fricking agrumentative! I swear...stick you in a room with Larry King and you would have the best time of your life!

Also, Salvia works the brain in a complete and totally different way then how alcohol and weed does. Like Salvia leaves no physical addiction unlike LSD and crack. It doesn't permanently alter your mind like other drugs.

J4320

02-12-2008 12:52:47

[quote07b2276a7a="JennyWren"][quote07b2276a7a="ESMcCready"]Salvia trade isn't like weed...it's legal in about 42 of the states and most of the world so no one is going to go all crazy about it since there isn't the "danger" factor in it. Plus a salvia high to most hardcore thrill seekers isn't anything really special.[/quote07b2276a7a]

Your best bet is probably to market it online, set up a site and doing some SEO to get it ranking well, then your clients will find you.[/quote07b2276a7a]

Yeah I'd say you can hurt yourself way easier on Salvia than on weed. It affects completely different receptors in the brain and makes you delirious. If you actually get good hits of it you turn into a completely confused retard and you get convinced v ery easily that objects and your surroundings are something entirely different. One time when I was on it I thought my friend was some sort of monkey trying to trick me. Another time I thought I was a caterpillar in a cocoon. I've also done 30+ fresh grams of Psilocybe Cyanescens (enough for a level 5 mushrooms trip[=http//www.shroomery.org/9067/What-do-the-different-trip-levels-Lvl-1-5-mean]level 5 mushrooms trip - as high as the levels go) and there were points where there was total loss of reality but I didn't turn into a bi g dumbfuck. I could still talk to my friend in between big waves and we could at least draw some kind of lesson out of it. That trip completely changed my life and changed me as a person. Salvia on the other hand just mindfucks me until I'm sober and it doesn't bring on that new mental level of thinking. Another thing that kind of scares me is Salvia isn't very well researched. There haven't been a ton of studies on its longterm effects or anything like there has been with other drugs. I like knowing about what I'm putting in my body and the risks. (So far there hasn't really been anything that says that Salvia is harmful in the longrun but IDK I'm just being careful.)

Anyway, if you really do have good prices, you could try to buy some ad space on The Shroomery forums. I used to go there every once and a while to learn about mushrooms and they have similar ads sorta.

Salvia isn't a thing people like to do over and over. They try it, they usually freak out because they never surrender their control to it, and they never want to do it again. I could do it again but I really don't have a want to. I don't get anything positive out of it. And it tastes like shit. P Plus I'm over looking for the next best thing. After the level 5 mushroom trip I don't really have the need to do anything else because it showed me what I really wanted in life. Although I may do mushrooms again sometime when I feel like I need an inward look at myself and my life - never that much again though. It was mostly a bad trip and it was very agonizing. I can see how those early trials with LSD completely stopped alcoholics (not all but I think it was over 50% in one study) in their tracks. You don't understand until you actually do it but wow. Best and worst experience of my life. My friend completely quit smoking cigarettes from that point on and he hasn't touched another since. He would smoke around a pack a day too.

ESMcCready

02-12-2008 13:33:34

You guys haven't been around the people I've been with when it comes down to Salvia VS Weed. I've seen people do more shit to fuck themselves up smoking weed then I have Salvia.

In fact, all the people I've seen smoke Salvia are very relaxed, very inner thinking within themselves. No fricking out, no trying to kill themselves, no jumping out of windows, no suicidual thoughts. They said they just drifted away from reality and just let the Salvia do its thing.

Now weed on the other hand...I've seen weed make people do some stupid ass shit. One of my friends jumped off the top of a house. Another of my friends nearly killed himself bashing his head into a mirror. Another one of my friends thought the sky was falling and tried to fit their 300 pound body under a twin size mattress...

Yea...If I had to choose which I wanted to smoke based on what I have seen in people. I would choose the Salvia over weed anyday. Like I said, I'm a drug virgin so I don't do any of that shit. The strongest alcohol I've had is a smurioff ice in raspberry flavor and a screwdriver (vodka and orange juice). lishurgli

J4320

02-12-2008 13:46:09

lmao who smashes their head into the mirror from weed?

TryinToGetPaid

02-12-2008 13:56:42

Wow. Are you sure you are not confusing weed with LSD or acid or mushrooms?

I get high, sit on the couch and eat and MAYBE play Xbox. Anything more than that, too much work.

PS. If these kids smoke saliva, I would expect them to kill everyone in the room.

ESMcCready

02-12-2008 14:25:36

SOME of the same kids...they really let themselves go with Salvia though.

You know, some people take a hit then try to go about their business. With Salvia, you have to take the hit, lay down, and close your eyes and enjoy the ride. You GOTTA give yourself completely over to it or you're just going to wind up fricking out because you aren't in the right mind state for it.

And no, there was no LSD or acid in their system or in the weed. lilolli

J4320

02-12-2008 14:40:55

I've had slight panic attacks before but jesus if your friends are bashing their heads into things and jumping off high objects then they need to get their mental health checked out.

Honestly I just know there were other circumstances to those stories - set, settting, mental health, different drugs in the system as well, etc. Do you hear about people in Amsterdam going crazy and doing insane things from the weed there? No... On a similar note though, they're trying to make psilocybin mushrooms illegal there because of the problems they've been having with people freaking out on them. Some 17 year old tourist girl even went as far as to jump off a bridge and kill herself after buying and eating some mushrooms from a shop.

The majority of people are morons who don't have any idea about what they're putting in their bodies or how to use the substance responsibly and safely.

JennyWren

02-12-2008 14:59:37

ESMcCready, do you mean "freaking out" or "fricking out", because I always thought that fricking was a "gentler" form of the word fucking (e.g. OMG I'm going to be so fricking late for my class) but in your context this makes no sense.

ilanbg

02-12-2008 15:46:16

This hole thred maeks no sence.

ESMcCready

02-12-2008 17:27:57

maybe, maybe not. the thread has helped me out

Powerbook

02-12-2008 17:44:37

[quote8e05006017="ilanbg"]This hole thred maeks no sence.[/quote8e05006017]

maeks gr8 sence her, no ned to frick out wink

manOFice

02-12-2008 17:49:12

this drug is fucked up, i've seen some crazy shit happen when people smoke this

Powerbook

02-12-2008 18:00:38

Apparently the kid down the hall just smoked this. He thought our building was a bomb and that it was going to go off. I think the RA went to go watch him so he doesn't do anything stupid. I've never really heard of this drug before, it's funny that after reading this thread I have experienced some kid going totally insane after using it.

Jams44

02-12-2008 21:03:53

One time I drank a full fifth of peach vodka and 7 beers and had to get my stomach pumped. Let's just say my parents were not in the least bit delighted nor was my stomach. I hate peaches now.

The End.

TravMan162

02-12-2008 21:13:32

[quoteb768e1bf41="Jams44"]One time I drank a full fifth of peach vodka and 7 beers and had to get my stomach pumped. Let's just say my parents were not in the least bit delighted nor was my stomach. I hate peaches now.

The End.[/quoteb768e1bf41]

I like "Peaches" by The Presidents of the United States of America.

Also "Feather Pluckin'"

Jams44

02-12-2008 21:22:24

I enjoy two eggs over medium with a few pieces of bacon after 5am swim practice everyday.

TravMan162

02-12-2008 21:31:15

I am particularly fond of those rare times when you lay down to go to bed and you instantly find the comfy spot in the pillow that you want to spend the entire night in.

J4320

02-12-2008 22:12:45

That never happens with me. (

ajasax

02-12-2008 22:28:17

[quote5cdfbd9c25="J4320"]I've had slight panic attacks before but jesus if your friends are bashing their heads into things and jumping off high objects then they need to get their mental health checked out.[/quote5cdfbd9c25]
I'd agree. A couple weeks ago I smoked some hash the same day I gave blood. I was baked out of my mind but I just sat on the couch thinking I was gonna die lol. I have yet to smoke my Salvia stash, but I'll wait for a good time/place to do it.

theysayjump

02-12-2008 22:50:33

I liked the part where people said stuff, and then more people said stuff and then went to bed.

ajasax

02-12-2008 23:36:42

Except I'm going to bed in 3..2..1..

JennyWren

03-12-2008 00:12:00

I like the little ghostly leaf prints left behind on pavement when it's been wet and windy.

EatChex89

03-12-2008 00:30:34

this thread is too long to read.

Auto-summarize?

theysayjump

03-12-2008 00:33:35

[quoteb6e9ab64e7="EatChex89"]this thread is too long to read.

Auto-summarize?[/quoteb6e9ab64e7]

ESMcSomething wants to sell drugs and needs a dealer. People tell her there's no point, she indirectly tells them they're wrong and then fucks off out of the thread in order for myself and others to rape any remaining chance of a meaningful discussion taking place.

JennyWren

03-12-2008 01:38:02

[quotef59b32d99c="theysayjump"]ESMcSomething wants to sell drugs and needs a dealer. People tell her there's no point, she indirectly tells them they're wrong and then fucks off out of the thread in order for myself and others to rape any remaining chance of a meaningful discussion taking place.[/quotef59b32d99c]

With the exception of your first sentence, this applies to many ESMcC threads.

TravMan162

03-12-2008 06:38:28

tasty butthole l00b ftw

CollidgeGraduit

03-12-2008 09:19:35

Have you thought about offering the Salvia and tasty butthole lube as a package deal?

theysayjump

03-12-2008 09:23:19

What about just tasty butthole lube flavoured Salvia?

Or Tasty butthole lube that you can smoke?

CollidgeGraduit

03-12-2008 09:28:57

lilolli

ilanbg

03-12-2008 10:50:55

[quoteace0c9d9c5="theysayjump"]Or Tasty butthole lube that you can smoke?[/quoteace0c9d9c5]

That's called "poll smoking" and it can be done once any sort of lube is applied.

J4320

03-12-2008 11:11:01

You mean pole smoking right? Work that phallic object.

TryinToGetPaid

03-12-2008 11:22:08

And what does sucking a schlong have to do with anal lube?

J4320

03-12-2008 12:30:50

She's just thinking about her target market. You know... having cottonmouth from being stoned and all. They need the lube.

ilanbg

03-12-2008 12:32:08

I meant poll as in you poll how many people who smoke tasty butthole lube.

Then you find the standard deviation.

And then uh

akalic

03-12-2008 13:40:29

Yeah, start a tally.

People who smoke tasty butthole lube 1 8-)

Jams44

03-12-2008 18:48:47

[quotec4dd76cc39="ilanbg"]I meant poll as in you poll how many people who smoke tasty butthole lube.

And then uh[/quotec4dd76cc39]

Ah yes the slope of the poll is critical in order to find a constant trend.

ESMcCready

06-12-2008 17:59:24

Actually...I haven't been that far away...I've just been reading what people have been writing.

lilolli

Continue with said rape-age and thanks Jenny

P.S. - The tasty butthole l00b is coming along quite well lol

akalic

06-12-2008 18:01:30

[quote264dddecc8="Jams44"][quote264dddecc8="ilanbg"]I meant poll as in you poll how many people who smoke tasty butthole lube.

And then uh[/quote264dddecc8]

Ah yes the slope of the poll is critical in order to find a constant trend.[/quote264dddecc8]

Stats exam on weds..(