Voting in November: Questions

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76940

Powerbook

19-08-2008 07:46:14

Ok, well I'll be a first time voter this election in November. How does voting work when you are away from your home state in college? I believe it's by absentee ballots, but I have never done it so I do not know how it is done or what I have to do. If anyone is familiar with voting away from your home state please shine some light on this. Thanks.

CollidgeGraduit

19-08-2008 07:47:45

Do a google search for (your home state) absentee voting

You'll come up with something more accurate than anyone here could come up with.

Powerbook

19-08-2008 07:56:18

Ah why did I bother making a thread. It was ridiculously easy to figure out. It's one of those DOh! moments.

dmorris68

19-08-2008 07:57:10

^^^ Quoted for troof (Edit quoting CG, Powerbook posted ahead of me)

How you actually go about registering as an absentee is entirely up to your state or local precinct. That said, once registered, voting is typically done by mail. They mail you a ballot in time for you to fill it out and mail it back before election day. I don't know that any states have electronic/internet absentee voting yet -- it's been talked about, but given all the problems with electronic in-person voting, I expect it to be awhile...

CollidgeGraduit

19-08-2008 07:58:11

If you'll get really lucky, maybe your precinct will be like Detroit. Here, hundreds of dead people get to vote for mayor.

dmorris68

19-08-2008 07:59:47

[quote2bd7c4e5ee="CollidgeGraduit"]If you'll get really lucky, maybe your precinct will be like Detroit. Here, hundreds of dead people get to vote for mayor.[/quote2bd7c4e5ee]
LOL, you guys got a real winner there. Next inductee into the Marion Barry Hall of Fame.