Stopping in to introduce myself...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76925

medicswife2002

17-08-2008 19:50:02

Hello everyone! I feel like I really should say hi since I've been lurking now for awhile and don't want to be rude...

I have really been enjoying the forum board here.

A little about myself I am a forum regular over on Ebay's Trust and Safety (hope its okay to mention a different website as long as they aren't competitors). And a long time Ebay seller/buyer as well. I have two sons, 15 and 17, a few animals and a wondeful hubby of 6 years, Steve.

I stumbled on the whole trade thing through the payday site, which led me to FLR and here (they do have three links to three forums on their 'index' pages at PPD to include here). I haven't yet done much with the other one, A4F, because I just don't want to overwhelm myself. I think 2 is plenty!

I have read and read and read and READ until I feel like I may go blind lol!

So far I have done two sucessful trades with islelady on this site and 2/3rds of a 3rd one (I'm still waiting for administration to credit me my second TR here so I actually have 2 and soon to be 3 lol)..

One trade so far on flr.

What I really like here is the forum 'chat' or 'off topic' conversation. I am getting the feel of it so far. The regs, the issues, the good stuff, etc...

I am a very determined 'newby' who will be around. I'm pretty sure you get a whole slew of new registered folk who come out like gangbusters then fizzle away but I don't think I will fall into that category.

My plan is to pretty much trade on the two sites and it will be awhile before I get there because I am still learning around a million things a day.

I need to keep finding my 'free' greens, get hooked into any promotions and just manage to stay on top of the promotions, then trade G4G, and finally get around to actually dipping my toes into selling.

First things first though. Oh! And I've also been spammed a couple of times already too, which I PM'd Keith I think it was about it but it hasn't even been read yet, so maybe he's not here? If I need to report that prob to someone else then please point me in that direction.

As I travel through my steps of getting 'all set up' (about a zillion things to do for that to happen lol) then expect me to be bugging here constantly with questions and asking for advice BIG TIME. This site does seem to be more 'quaint and intimate and friendlier' if you know what I mean. Just not so BIG is all.

Well, thats enough for right now. Thanks for letting me join and find out all about this great way to make an honest buck, but know this - I realize it is a 'process' and one I don't want to rush through, rather to do it RIGHT.

Hope to see you all around soon....

EatChex89

17-08-2008 20:57:29

hi2u

J4320

17-08-2008 21:52:50

Welcome maaaaaaa'am! )

Twon

18-08-2008 05:46:23

Is that a picture of you in your avatar? Nice to meet you.

medicswife2002

18-08-2008 07:51:02

Twon
J4320
EatChex89

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, thats me.

I have a question (one of a mill prolly) What moderator is active to PM because I've PM'd one who never appears to have opened it in 4 days now..? Its regarding excessive spaming to do trades in my PM.

Also, my TR should say 2. I did two trades with a member, one trade got credited very quickly yet the second one isn't credited yet and its with the same member - plus both of hers got credited immediately.

I passed on that dead snake link throughout 2 other forums I frequent lolol--- I love to share the joy ;-)

dmorris68

18-08-2008 08:43:26

Welcome! Note that FiPG, A4F, and particularly FLR, are all unique in their community makeup and "personality." FLR tends to be a bit more conservative and straight-laced, FiPG tends to be the opposite (extremely opposite, in fact), and A4F somewhere in the middle. So just be warned that more mature people sometimes find our collection of mouthy, irreverent young whipper-snappers to be a bit much, but if you've got thick skin and don't offend easily, you can have some fun here. Having two teenagers yourself, you should understand. ;)

[quotea66b78a45e="medicswife2002"]I have a question (one of a mill prolly) What moderator is active to PM because I've PM'd one who never appears to have opened it in 4 days now..? Its regarding excessive spaming to do trades in my PM.[/quotea66b78a45e]
Aside from keeping up with everything FiPG, we all have full-time jobs and Real Life(TM) to contend with, so sometimes we can't read or respond to every PM we get (and we get a lot). Personally, I sometimes fail to catch up on PMs, and after a certain point will let unread PMs die silently, expecting -- if it was important -- that they'll follow up and contact me again, or another staffer will have taken care of it.

Feel free to forward the spammer info on to me and I'll deal with it.

[quotea66b78a45e="medicswife2002"]Also, my TR should say 2. I did two trades with a member, one trade got credited very quickly yet the second one isn't credited yet and its with the same member - plus both of hers got credited immediately.[/quotea66b78a45e]
If your trading partner was credited immediately, then you should have been too. We don't credit individuals, we credit the trade transaction itself, which grants credit to both parties at the same time. If she got credit for a trade with you, but you did not, then let one of us know the trade specifics and we'll look into it.

Crediting is a manual process that occurs after review by a staffer, and so due to the aforementioned real-life constraints, we are sometimes slow to get caught up on reviewing trades that are pending credit. Rest assured you will get credit if there are no issues with your trade.

J4320

18-08-2008 10:07:54

[quote6b4061770e="medicswife2002"]I have a question (one of a mill prolly) What moderator is active to PM because I've PM'd one who never appears to have opened it in 4 days now..? Its regarding excessive spaming to do trades in my PM.[/quote6b4061770e]

You can PM me. I'm very responsive. )

I just banned someone the other day for PM spamming. o

medicswife2002

18-08-2008 10:47:36

dmorris68- thank you so much for your post!

Yes, I have thick skin and have been reading both site and can definitely get good out of both but like I said, I gravitated to 'here' for my daily posting choices probably BECAUSE of the type of posts I saw lol! ?

Okay, I'll PM you regarding the two who spammed me on my second day of registration. One appears to have definitely been fraudlent due to some of the red flags (can't set up anything in trade module, wanted to deal outside of the forums immediately, zero posts to hunt up, etc) and the other just seemed to be a regular non fraud looking spam. So, wth I wasn't even going to report it but after the 4th total PM in 2 days I decided to.

Okay, I will PM you regarding the credit thing too. I really appreciate this! D

medicswife2002

18-08-2008 10:49:16

J4320

Thanks! to be safe I'll PM you as well on the spamming PMs I got.

I sorta feel like a snitch about now though...

michelle-kcmo

18-08-2008 10:49:57

[bf0a729378b][quotef0a729378b="J4320"][quotef0a729378b="medicswife2002"]I have a question (one of a mill prolly) What moderator is active to PM because I've PM'd one who never appears to have opened it in 4 days now..? Its regarding excessive spaming to do trades in my PM.[/quotef0a729378b]

You can PM me. I'm very responsive. )

I just banned someone the other day for PM spamming. o[/quotef0a729378b]

You go boy!! I can't stand spammers~you should post their names, then maybe they'll stop doing it.[/bf0a729378b]

michelle-kcmo

18-08-2008 10:52:47

[quote2b7854bfb5="medicswife2002"]J4320

Thanks! to be safe I'll PM you as well on the spamming PMs I got.

I sorta feel like a snitch about now though...[/quote2b7854bfb5]

[b2b7854bfb5]Absolutely not a snitch! Spammers just make it difficult for those of us that are working hard to get refs.[/b2b7854bfb5][/color2b7854bfb5]

medicswife2002

18-08-2008 11:13:26

[i668b3acbba]Absolutely not a snitch! Spammers just make it difficult for those of us that are working hard to get refs.[/i668b3acbba]

Want their names here seriously? Thats how I came to PM the first mod, was from that thread titled, "Spamming and the consequences" where it seems they used to post the names.

I have no problems with it, but I really don't want to create any issues with my account (possibly being messed with) by the spammers.

Anyways, I PM'd both the ID's who asked me to above with the names....

[/size668b3acbba]~but I will post them still if you want me too twisted

medicswife2002

19-08-2008 12:15:27

Hey David, thanks for taking care of that for me, mucho appreciaateedddddddd.....lol you know what I meant!