Will pay $1 per song for you to video capture Rockband.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76891

Brodie

15-08-2008 12:24:23

I really don't want to go buy a video capture card so I figured someone FiPG'er wants to make $20 easy. I want video capture of just the drum tracks on lefty mode. You don't even have to play. Just record the video and the audio and figure out a way to upload them somewhere. I will Paypal you the money after each song if you'd like. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you a list of the songs.

-Using a capture card, not just a camcorder
-320x240 resolution
-only the drum track on lefty
-you don't even have to play the song, because I want the audio without the drum track
-not youtube'd because i need to convert it to iPod format

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" Jet
"Ballroom Blitz" Sweet
"Dani California" Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Dead on Arrival" Fall Out Boy
"Here It Goes Again" OK Go
"Maps" Yeah Yeah Yeahs
"Orange Crush" R.E.M.
"The Hand That Feeds" Nine Inch Nails
"When You Were Young" The Killers
"Joker & the Thief" Wolfmother
"The Kill" 30 Seconds to Mars
"Dirty Little Secret" The All-American Rejects
"Move Along" The All-American Rejects
"All the Small Things" Blink-182
"Wonderwall" Oasis
"Crushcrushcrush" Paramore
"This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" Fall Out Boy
"Hysteria" Muse
"Snow ((Hey Oh))" Red Hot Chili Peppers

J4320

15-08-2008 13:07:23

Hey I think I may be able to do that for you. My brother has Rock Band and he says he can put stuff on youtube. o

So you want us to record 20 tracks on lefty mode?

Brodie

15-08-2008 13:25:31

Yep, I'll pay 1$ a song if its an audio + video capture, not just a camcorder recording. I'd also prefer if you could upload it to yousendit.com or something instead of youtube. The video only needs to be 320 x 240 resolution so they should be pretty small. I'll just list the specs and see if anyone can/wants to do it.

J4320

15-08-2008 18:50:25

Arg we can only get you camcorder quality according to my brother. If you still want us to we can try doing 1 then seeing how the quality turns out.

Gman14

15-08-2008 19:36:59

Im confused... why would you need something like this? lol if you dont mind me asking...

Brodie

15-08-2008 20:27:03

[quote26fdd6f7e3="Gman14"]Im confused... why would you need something like this? lol if you dont mind me asking...[/quote26fdd6f7e3]

Lol. I know it sounds ridiculous but once you hear why it'll sound even more ridiculous. I play rock band all the time, in particular the drums. I enjoyed the drums so much that last week, I bought a freakin sweet electric drumset off craigslist. Right away I could (sloppily) play my 2 favorite songs because I had memorized them in rockband. I don't have any interest any learning sheet music or reading the tabs online so I figure that I can put those videos on my ipod and set it up in front of me while playing my electric drumset. I've had only marginal success with rips off of youtube because
A. they are all right handed so my brain has to transpose left to right on the fly == fail
B. When they get uploaded to youtube the AV sync is awful so the video is a full half second ahead of the audio. Whew! Does that make any sense at all? lol

ilikegreens

16-08-2008 13:08:25

Man, thats a good idea, I'm more of a guitar hero guy myself... beat every guitar hero on expert, including the through the fire and flames song... I cant wait for guitar hero 4... going to be off the heezy, lol!

Brodie

16-08-2008 15:51:31

[quote8fad2e0669="ilikegreens"]Man, thats a good idea, I'm more of a guitar hero guy myself... beat every guitar hero on expert, [b8fad2e0669]including the through the fire and flames[/b8fad2e0669] song... I cant wait for guitar hero 4... going to be off the heezy, lol![/quote8fad2e0669]

AMAZING. I watched my roommate try for weeks to beat that song.

referralman

18-08-2008 16:56:20

wait how do you play rockband all the time??? doesnt this mean you have it lol. why dont you just move in to the room with the rockband in it???

Brodie

19-08-2008 17:41:13

[quote8387013169="referralman"]wait how do you play rockband all the time??? doesnt this mean you have it lol. why dont you just move in to the room with the rockband in it???[/quote8387013169]

The electric drum set is enormous and I can't move my roommates TV and Xbox to the garage. I got someone on the Rockband forums to do it for me so if anyone happens to need video of the drums left-handed, I'll send them to you.

phriq

19-08-2008 23:21:13

Thats actually a smart way if you actually play drums, guitar, or bass to cut out those instruments of songs you like to practice. smart move.

Brodie

22-08-2008 00:23:51

I finally found someone to do it so if someone needs drumless audio/video, let me know and I'll send them to you.