Hollywood Movie Stunt Witnessed.... Except Not Really

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76873

sadagtb

13-08-2008 22:24:30

So I was working yesterday and this women was in front of me going way to fast down a curvasous hilly side road. Up ahead I saw a tow truck with it's back towing bed down and thought "One day I'd like to run up one of those like in movies..."

Sure enough, the women in front of me had the same idea.....

arrow So Funny[=http//img="524.imageshack.us" alt=""/img524/1874/areyoukiddingru4.jpg]So Funny

[spoilerd9af2af574]She literally drove up the damn tow truck and totaled her car when she wrecked into the bar or whatever it is she ran into. I was curious to see what might have happened if nothing stopped her at the top lol....I felt bad and pulled over and let her use my phone and she says "Do you think it's totaled?" I told her it might not be but most likely was.... Yeah that thing is f---ed. [/spoilerd9af2af574]

dmorris68

14-08-2008 05:27:38

Funny. I'm assuming since the bed was lowered, the tow truck was stopped? If you saw it from behind her, why the hell could she not see it?

Let me guess talking on the phone while applying makeup...

Twon

14-08-2008 05:56:45

She could have been eating a big mac...

sadagtb

14-08-2008 12:25:03

[quote1cd9e35b9a="dmorris68"]Funny. I'm assuming since the bed was lowered, the tow truck was stopped? If you saw it from behind her, why the hell could she not see it?

Let me guess talking on the phone while applying makeup...[/quote1cd9e35b9a]

yeah the truck was stopped, I'm guessing it was out there to tow a car... Haha I bet they were pissed the original car couldn't have gotten towed lol....

It could partially be the trucks fault for being stopped in the middle of the road.... but then again... it was 100% the girls fault lol

dmorris68

14-08-2008 13:50:52

The more I think about it though, the stranger it sounds. A tow truck normally doesn't drop its bed until it's backed up to a car to be towed. Obviously that wasn't the case here or she would have smashed into the car, not the truck. So the question is, why was the truck stopped in the road with a lowered bed and no car behind it?

Only thing I can figure is it wasn't towing a disabled car. Sometimes people buy cars at auction or something and have them delivered via tow truck. Maybe it had just dropped off the car which had driven off, and they hadn't put the bed up yet. Probably lucky for her too, otherwise she may have slammed into the back and went underneath the truck bed. Decapitation, anyone?

sadagtb

14-08-2008 14:28:49

[quote9ac3befc99="dmorris68"]The more I think about it though, the stranger it sounds. A tow truck normally doesn't drop its bed until it's backed up to a car to be towed. Obviously that wasn't the case here or she would have smashed into the car, not the truck. So the question is, why was the truck stopped in the road with a lowered bed and no car behind it?

Only thing I can figure is it wasn't towing a disabled car. Sometimes people buy cars at auction or something and have them delivered via tow truck. Maybe it had just dropped off the car which had driven off, and they hadn't put the bed up yet. Probably lucky for her too, otherwise she may have slammed into the back and went underneath the truck bed. Decapitation, anyone?[/quote9ac3befc99]

You know I didn't even think of that.... Why was there a random tow truck with a lowered bed in the middle of the road? When I pulled over to see if she was OK and everything I didn't even see a car that looked like it needed towing, and there were no houses around so I do not think that any car was being delivered.... Maybe the tow truck will be responsible for paying for this girls disabled car since he had no reason to be sitting in the middle of the road

slambam

14-08-2008 19:12:32

roll Women drivers.... lol

doylnea

14-08-2008 20:11:27

no exif data on the picture to corroborate the story...

ilanbg

15-08-2008 04:16:39

Would have been pretty sweet to see what would have happened if that bar wasn't there...