Cheapest iphone Ive seen yet!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76650

ilikegreens

25-07-2008 22:08:44

http//www.itsinstock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=261_263&products_id=471

I came across this, is it the 3g, or the old one, honestly, either way its a great deal, $200 for the 8gig is cheap if it is the old iphone... Im just getting your guys opinions on it, I may buy it, not sure.... also... if it is the old one, does anyone know how I would go about unlocking it, I would not dare do it myself.

zr2152

25-07-2008 22:57:07

I believe that is the standard for the new generation

http//ca.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idCAN2730789320080628

Unlocking it is easy. Just look online for a tutorial and i'm sure that none of them would take more than 15 minutes to get through. Also, you can only use the phone on the At&t service. I do not think that phone is compatible with any other network.

Also, you might want to move this to the Tech forum because I know for a fact that there are already some threads in there about the iPhone.

ilikegreens

26-07-2008 07:29:56

"I believe that is the standard for the new generation"

What do you mean by that? Like is it not even an iphone or something, because you said it cant use other carriers, I tho0ught it can once it's unlocked.

zr2152

26-07-2008 08:56:26

[quoteff24ce3333="ilikegreens"]"I believe that is the standard for the new generation"

What do you mean by that? Like is it not even an iphone or something, because you said it cant use other carriers, I tho0ught it can once it's unlocked.[/quoteff24ce3333]

That is the price for the iPhone everywhere.

Also, it only works on certain networks. By unlocking it, you don't need a new contract to start using it.

hehehhehe

26-07-2008 09:35:52

[quote3c2ed8cf2b="zr2152"]That is the price for the iPhone everywhere.

Also, it only works on certain networks. By unlocking it, you don't need a new contract to start using it.[/quote3c2ed8cf2b]
You can't buy it (the 3G) without a 2 yr. contract for that $199 price. So you can't just buy it for $199 no strings attached and unlock it to use on another GSM provider. You used to be able to do that with the first iphones but those were also more expensive.

I've read someone suggest that you could possibly get it with the 2 yr contract, and then pay the early termination fee to get out of the contract (around $250-275?).

As for the website, they make it seem like you can order this but you really can't. I think they're just advertising the regular $199 price without telling you you'll need a 2 yr contract through their cell store. Google it and you'll see what people say about the store.

ilikegreens

26-07-2008 10:43:25

well... what stumped me was at the bottom of the page it said, this post was added something, 2007, which means, it couldn't be the 3g, which means $200 for the 1st gen Iphone would be a sweet ass deal.

mistertomlinson

26-07-2008 14:47:36

That's the first generation iPhone which doesn't require signing a contract to receive the phone at that price. You'll notice in the picture, there is no "App Store" icon. Secondly, The iPhone will only work work with GSM networks, so you can't unlock it to work with just ANY network. It must be a GSM network. Finally, unlocking is AMAZINGLY EASY. I've done it with my first iPhone using an app called iLiberty+ (Mac... not sure if there is a PC version). It literally took one... freakin... click. Sorta. You tick whichever boxes you would like to apply to the iPhone (i.e. "Activate," "Unlock" and/or "Jailbreak") then click OK. The process only takes a couple minutes to complete and is the fastest, easiest method I have ever found.

ilikegreens

26-07-2008 15:15:57

wow, ok, sweet, so If I bought that iphone without a contract, and then unlocked it, would it work with t-mobile? also... you said it didn't have apps, is this a bad thing??

hehehhehe

26-07-2008 17:47:29

(I don't know why I bother at this point but...) Google the site like I said, or better yet, try to place the order. You can't, like I've pointed out. It's crappy web design, and I'm sure they don't care if they're showing the new iphone or not. They're not going to sell you the iphone (old or new) for $200.

Why do you think the # in stock isn't changing despite the great price?

unknown uchiha

26-07-2008 17:58:32

http//www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox&rls=FlockInc.%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&hs=bhu&q=itsinstock+scam&btnG=Search

Do not buy it. It's not worth losing $200 over a risky transaction that may or may not generate you an iPhone.

tjwor

27-07-2008 12:47:16

[quote9a1a064285="unknown uchiha"]http//www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox&rls=FlockInc.%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&hs=bhu&q=itsinstock+scam&btnG=Search

Do not buy it. It's not worth losing $200 over a risky transaction that may or may not generate you an iPhone.[/quote9a1a064285]

truthfully that set of links does no good in this situation. It is all people asking, "is this a scam" but no one coming out and saying yes. From my general thoughts it would be much more likely that if people got scammed they would be posting yes all over the place, but if it worked fine they wouldn't be searching for people wondering if it was a scam.

The website looks pretty professional other than the ads on the side, but I wouldn't base my position on the site on a bunch of people wondering if it is a scam with no one coming out and saying yes.

It is good to do your research first, if you pay with a CC you can always fight it if you don't get the phone.

unknown uchiha

29-07-2008 19:17:31

I would still avoid it at all costs. Searching "(website name) + scam" or "(website name) + legit" usually works for me. If I don't find a single review or post of someone actually [b317903e1ae]purchasing and receiving[/b317903e1ae] from the site, I avoid it. Even if what I find are just people [b317903e1ae]asking[/b317903e1ae] if a site is a scam. Because then you know that it's a risky venture.

Demonic DJ

22-08-2008 14:41:39

Yeah dont do it. It says informational only at the bottom