Need alittle advice please

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76319

JordanE

28-06-2008 21:47:22

First off, I'm trying to not make this sound like a FOAFY thread, but I have a feeling its going to come out like one.

Trust me this is the last thing I want to do, but after talking to some of my friends I don't think I am going to get any unbiased opinions that way. Everyone is just saying "Fuck that bitch! Stay away from her"

So.. anyway here it gose.

I was dating this girl Gaby from like November 07 through April 08. By far the longest "relationship" I have ever been in. Everything was going great, we had an amazing Valentine's day, and saw each other almost everyday. We even went on a little trip together during spring break. Basically things were perfect. I had never been happier.

Then the shit it the fan. She started second guessing everything, and was just being kind of flaky and reclusive.

So we talked about it, and basically she just felt overwhelmed by life in general. So we decided (more like she decided) that the best thing to do would be to break up so she could get her head straight, and then see where things go in the future.

I was pretty disappointed, but not pissed or anything. Then she called me in mid-may about three weeks after we went our separate ways, and asked for my bestfriends phone number. I didn't think too much about it because they had known each other in the past and used to go to school together, but they were never really friends. So I gave it to her with with out alot of consideration.

Later that same night I met up with him, and he told me that she asked him to go to prom with her and "see where things go from there.." That really pissed me off, of course he turned her down and told her to fuck off, but the fact that she knew how I felt about her, and how much I still cared for her. I was even trying to help her out with everything after she dumped me. This girl was like my fucking princess, I did everything for her. Everything that like a "dream guy" would do, I sent her flowers and chocolates randomly. I called her every night. I took her on the best dates possible (valentine's day cost me $1,150) Basically everything imagenable.

It was like a punch in the face. It made me sick, I couldn't believe how inconsiderit someone could be of someone elses feelings. When I called her, and talked to her about it, she couldn't even acknowledge that she crossed the line or say sorry. The last thing I said to her before I hung up was "What will it take to make you admit that you were wrong?"

When her friends found out about this, they pretty much abandoned her. Its easy to call the guy a dick when he dumps her, but this was totally diffrent, and they knew it.

So after alittle over a month of having zero communication with her. I wasn't feeling much better I was still pissed, but also kind of missed her in a weird way.

And then last night she sent me these messages.

[quote4b61c9d543="Gabriella"]heyy,
so its gaby,
i just wanted to get in touch with you and tell you that after seriously looking back at a few things i am very sorry for how things worked out between us. its just, i have a habit of running from things when they get to serious, terrified of getting hurt. you being so serious about me was a little to much for me to handle. basically i feel terrible for ruining a relationship and friendship that i was lucky to have. unfortunately, i didnt realize how ridiculous i was until recently.
hopefully you dont think im as terrible as ive heard, im very sorry.
i dont expect anything from this, just wanted to let you know.
your welcome to call me if you'd like to talk about this more[/quote4b61c9d543]

I replied back with

[quote4b61c9d543="Jordan"]
I really appreciate the honesty. It seriously means alot to me.

We haven't had very much communication in the last two months or so, I think some things may have been exaggerated by Alex or Dana or likely both, but in particularly Alex has a habbit of drastically expanding upon my words when he retells a story.

Its really hard for me to hate you, I think you know that, and I don't think you are a terrible person, I'd like to think i've seen the best and the worst of you by now. The only thing you ever did that made me mad, was when you called me and asked for Alex's phone number and then asked to prom and whatever else you had planned. That came at a really bad time for me. I really liked you and was starting to get "over you" and then Alex is my bestfriend... It was just the wrong time for me to try and deal with that. I don't know exactly what situation was like because I wasn't there. But how it was presented to me by Alex and your sister and everyone else, was more than I ever wanted here.

I still wanted to be your friend and just be there for you even after you dumped me. It just seemed like you couldn't have cared less about anything but yourself.

In in a strange way it is nice to hear from you.
[/quote4b61c9d543]

So.. she replied back with

[quote4b61c9d543="Gabriella"]thanks for replying]] Just doing that made me happy.
and I didn't think the whole prom thing through, its a very complicated thing, i could explain it but i rather just let it die. basically i should have considered your feelings a lot more than i did. i tend to not think before i speak.
and the last two months have been growing experiences for me, shown a little bit of how i come off, and learning that i really have to think about how others differently, than I have in the past.
I just felt really bad about things went and def was missing you.[/quote4b61c9d543]

and then

[quote4b61c9d543="Gabriella"]
well, this is my sisters myspace, but i would love to be able to talk to you. Is it okay if I call you?
maybe we can get together sometime?[/quote4b61c9d543]

I didn't think I would ever talk to this girl again, but they way she sounded last night was totally diffrent from the last time we spoke. For the first time in a long time she was being honest. I think thats the first time shes actually acknowledged how someone else feels.

So thats the whole situation. Basically forgive & forget and start being friends with this girl again and maybe more. Or still be pissed and stay away from her. What would you do?

I realize this is a very long post, and probably sounds petty to some of you, but its kind of hard to convey the situation over the internet.

And I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors this probably contains.

d11m

28-06-2008 22:58:55

You need Tom Leykis.

Sounds like she wants her sugar daddy back and make up sex IS awesome!!! I wouldn't but if you really want to see if this is going to go anywhere, keep her around for arm candy but stop with the fucking transactions and see if she sticks around.

theysayjump

28-06-2008 23:10:37

She could be being honest, or she could be bullshitting because she's lonely, knowing you probably still like her and will give her the attention she wants.

If you can go see her without falling again or thinking you guys have hope of getting back together, then go for it. That way you'll go knowing what she was like before and that it may all just be an act, and if it turns out she has changed then you can decide if it'd be worth it to see her again.

Other than becoming emotionally attached again you don't have much to lose.

mistertomlinson

29-06-2008 05:23:26

[quoteea5a5392de="theysayjump"]She could be being honest, or she could be bullshitting because [bea5a5392de]she's lonely[/bea5a5392de][/sizeea5a5392de], knowing you probably still like her and will give her the attention she wants.[/quoteea5a5392de]

TSJ couldn't be more fuckin' right. The second I came to the portion of your post where she apologized and was attempting to rekindle things, I had come to the undoubted conclusion that she is indeed lonely... unfortunately, it's already too late and your mind is made up. I'm sure there's not a thing anyone here can say to influence you in any direction. But, she's lonely and knows the odds are in her favor that you will come back to her. Fuckin' lame. This honestly makes me a little upset just reading it (this thread strikes a personal chord, reminding me of a situation similar to yours... and I ignored all of her attempts, realizing she was just a lonely tool grasping at her chance at what she thought was an easy relationship). Frankly, I think you owe it to yourself to tell her to fuck off... your friends weren't being biased.

ESMcCready

29-06-2008 07:38:13

Ok, I thought this thread could use a girl's opinion so here I go

1) TSJ and Mister are right, she is lonely BUUUTTTTT

2) That doesn't mean that she could be crawling back to you just as a last resort

When it comes down to it, usually it is when you are alone that you do the most soul searching.

Now, mind you, I HATE girls who ruin good things for no reason! But her second reply was more in general and not aimed at you. If she was writing you, just to get back with you, she would have written that whole statement at you.

Also, if she thought you were an easy grab, she would have asked you in the emails if you want to get back together. Since she's asking for friendship first, this also makes me think she's being honest.

I say, keep her at arm's length and DON'T break out your wallet for her. Only YOU can judge whether or not she has changed or not because you got to see her on levels your friends or her friends haven't. Also, talk to her friends more about what has happen in those 2 months you were apart. If you are on talking terms with any of her family, ask them as well.

If she seems pushy about wanting to get back together once you guys start talking again, then I say cut the ties and tell her to fuck off. If she's really being sincere, she'll move at your pace, not hers. And tell her that, say, "Gabby, I'm really not looking to get back with you anytime soon. If its going to happen, its going to happen waaaayyy down the road once our friendship is repaired and going good. And even then, I'm not making ANY promises."

If she is truly sorry, she'll understand that statement.

DRay9911

29-06-2008 10:15:41

[quotea81ece10fc]i have a habit of running from things when they get to serious, terrified of getting hurt. you being so serious about me was a little to much for me to handle.[/quotea81ece10fc]

bullshit.

that's the easiest excuse in the book next to "it's not you, it's me"

she isn't worth it

it's ok to feel bad for her if she's screwed up in the head, but move on

-dan

slambam

29-06-2008 12:03:00

women.... roll but seriously, the whole "break up for now" doesn't work. never has never will. ive had many a discussion about it, and if shes wants break up for now for a week (or however long), how often if that gonna happen in the future? if she wants a break, just keep in touch and maybe not see each other as much, but (no offense) breaking up for a while is completely stupid.

and seriously, if you were treating her that good and she fucked you over, it's her loss. theres plenty of fish in the sea who would appreciate that stuff. if you still like her, hang out for a while and get back together after a while, but i wouldnt jump right into it. just my 2 cents.

JennyWren

29-06-2008 13:50:03

[quote8b3cd773f1="JordanE"]forgive & forget and start being friends with this girl again and maybe more. Or still be pissed and stay away from her. What would you do?[/quote8b3cd773f1]

I say forgive and forget AND stay away from her, at least relationship-wise. If she was ready to move on (with your best friend!) then it sounds like there is a serious imbalance in how you feel about each other, which is a bad thing in a relationship, and will end in heartbreak.

I can understand her side a bit, if she was overwhelmed ($1150!!!!!! wtf, you'd only been together for like 3 months) and maybe feeling bad because you felt so strongly about her so soon, BUT, her behaviour after breaking up is not acceptable.

Ask yourself this, if she was going to make a list, like you did, of how good she was to you, what would she put on that list? It's a two-way street.

TravMan162

29-06-2008 14:03:23

yo man, I know you're going to do whatever you want anyway, just cuz that's what guys do when it comes to girls, (believe me, I know) but you have to break the attachment you have to her and move on.

I'm thinking that once you shut the money off, she's done. Usually girls that say "let's break up for now" mean, "there's someone that I want to fuck so I'm not going to cheat on you, but I AM going to have sex with him."

Sucks to hear, but it's the truth. I've been there. It doesn't seem like it can broken down that simple, because of all the emotional attachment and variables involved in your personal situation, but when it all comes down to it, you have to ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze.

She broke your heart for no good reason, and there's no way she's grown up enough in the last few months for you to justify giving her another shot. Stay friends if you want, but move on. If you're already miserable about it, that's a bad sign of things to come.

I've been there, and look at me now. Get out while you still can. Trust me.

JordanE

29-06-2008 14:14:39

Thanks for the advice everyone. I already knew she was lonely, she dosen't have very much left, Most of her friends either ditched her after this or have moved out of state for College.

It was just the fact (as ESMcCready said) that she wasn't necessarily directing all of it specifically to me that made me think that maybe she was being honest about how she felt, rether than just trying to "kiss and make up" so to speak.

[b9a6e81e2c2]Jenny[/b9a6e81e2c2] your right our relationship was relatively new at the time, but we had been friends for about a year prior to going out, so it didn't feel quite as awkward as it would have been if we just met ya know?

Her last boyfriend was a real dick. I saw the way he treated her when they were going out, and it was pretty horrible. I was trying to help her get over her misconception that all guys are like him. I might have gone about it the wrong way, but my intentions were good.

By no means have I decided to try and get back together with her. If I hade, I wouldn't have made this thread. Its just that part of me still misses her and what we had, and the other part of me is still resentful of what she did.

Thanks again everyone, its been a big help.

ilanbg

29-06-2008 15:01:41

You can still date her if you want but you have to lay down the law.

Get her on lock, keep your leash on her tight.

In other words, stop showering her with gifts. Make her work for [i446b2df8ac]you[/i446b2df8ac], not the other way around. This is a better position to be in overall and will also let you see quickly if she just wants to exploit you or not. Basically, don't put up with her being a bitch—put her in her place.

J4320

29-06-2008 15:09:39

I agree with Ilan. If you want to go back out with her then be nice and all but don't be that super boyfriend type anymore. She had that chance and she blew it. Make it more of a 2-way thing and see how she handles it. That's what I'd do anyway.

rutchana666

29-06-2008 15:47:42

[quote579f0dd029="JordanE"]First off, I'm trying to not make this sound like a FOAFY thread, but I have a feeling its going to come out like one.

Trust me this is the last thing I want to do, but after talking to some of my friends I don't think I am going to get any unbiased opinions that way. Everyone is just saying "Fuck that bitch! Stay away from her"

So.. anyway here it gose.

I was dating this girl Gaby from like November 07 through April 08. By far the longest "relationship" I have ever been in. Everything was going great, we had an amazing Valentine's day, and saw each other almost everyday. We even went on a little trip together during spring break. Basically things were perfect. I had never been happier.

Then the shit it the fan. She started second guessing everything, and was just being kind of flaky and reclusive.

So we talked about it, and basically she just felt overwhelmed by life in general. So we decided (more like she decided) that the best thing to do would be to break up so she could get her head straight, and then see where things go in the future.

I was pretty disappointed, but not pissed or anything. Then she called me in mid-may about three weeks after we went our separate ways, and asked for my bestfriends phone number. I didn't think too much about it because they had known each other in the past and used to go to school together, but they were never really friends. So I gave it to her with with out alot of consideration.

Later that same night I met up with him, and he told me that she asked him to go to prom with her and "see where things go from there.." That really pissed me off, of course he turned her down and told her to fuck off, but the fact that she knew how I felt about her, and how much I still cared for her. I was even trying to help her out with everything after she dumped me. This girl was like my fucking princess, I did everything for her. Everything that like a "dream guy" would do, I sent her flowers and chocolates randomly. I called her every night. I took her on the best dates possible (valentine's day cost me $1,150) Basically everything imagenable.

It was like a punch in the face. It made me sick, I couldn't believe how inconsiderit someone could be of someone elses feelings. When I called her, and talked to her about it, she couldn't even acknowledge that she crossed the line or say sorry. The last thing I said to her before I hung up was "What will it take to make you admit that you were wrong?"

When her friends found out about this, they pretty much abandoned her. Its easy to call the guy a dick when he dumps her, but this was totally diffrent, and they knew it.

So after alittle over a month of having zero communication with her. I wasn't feeling much better I was still pissed, but also kind of missed her in a weird way.

And then last night she sent me these messages.

[quote579f0dd029="Gabriella"]heyy,
so its gaby,
i just wanted to get in touch with you and tell you that after seriously looking back at a few things i am very sorry for how things worked out between us. its just, i have a habit of running from things when they get to serious, terrified of getting hurt. you being so serious about me was a little to much for me to handle. basically i feel terrible for ruining a relationship and friendship that i was lucky to have. unfortunately, i didnt realize how ridiculous i was until recently.
hopefully you dont think im as terrible as ive heard, im very sorry.
i dont expect anything from this, just wanted to let you know.
your welcome to call me if you'd like to talk about this more[/quote579f0dd029]

I replied back with

[quote579f0dd029="Jordan"]
I really appreciate the honesty. It seriously means alot to me.

We haven't had very much communication in the last two months or so, I think some things may have been exaggerated by Alex or Dana or likely both, but in particularly Alex has a habbit of drastically expanding upon my words when he retells a story.

Its really hard for me to hate you, I think you know that, and I don't think you are a terrible person, I'd like to think i've seen the best and the worst of you by now. The only thing you ever did that made me mad, was when you called me and asked for Alex's phone number and then asked to prom and whatever else you had planned. That came at a really bad time for me. I really liked you and was starting to get "over you" and then Alex is my bestfriend... It was just the wrong time for me to try and deal with that. I don't know exactly what situation was like because I wasn't there. But how it was presented to me by Alex and your sister and everyone else, was more than I ever wanted here.

I still wanted to be your friend and just be there for you even after you dumped me. It just seemed like you couldn't have cared less about anything but yourself.

In in a strange way it is nice to hear from you.
[/quote579f0dd029]

So.. she replied back with

[quote579f0dd029="Gabriella"]thanks for replying]] Just doing that made me happy.
and I didn't think the whole prom thing through, its a very complicated thing, i could explain it but i rather just let it die. basically i should have considered your feelings a lot more than i did. i tend to not think before i speak.
and the last two months have been growing experiences for me, shown a little bit of how i come off, and learning that i really have to think about how others differently, than I have in the past.
I just felt really bad about things went and def was missing you.[/quote579f0dd029]

and then

[quote579f0dd029="Gabriella"]
well, this is my sisters myspace, but i would love to be able to talk to you. Is it okay if I call you?
maybe we can get together sometime?[/quote579f0dd029]

I didn't think I would ever talk to this girl again, but they way she sounded last night was totally diffrent from the last time we spoke. For the first time in a long time she was being honest. I think thats the first time shes actually acknowledged how someone else feels.

So thats the whole situation. Basically forgive & forget and start being friends with this girl again and maybe more. Or still be pissed and stay away from her. What would you do?

I realize this is a very long post, and probably sounds petty to some of you, but its kind of hard to convey the situation over the internet.

And I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors this probably contains.[/quote579f0dd029]

Been there, done that... No More Games!!!

TravMan162

29-06-2008 15:48:43

I like scrabble

mistertomlinson

29-06-2008 16:34:24

I hate scrabble... lamest game evaaar!

Why in the name of god would you even CONSIDER reestablishing a relationship with a girl who blew you off and tried to move in on a friend of yours?! That's seeeeeriously crossing a line and you'd look like a complete bitch if you forgave her for it. You'd more or less be saying she can do whatever the hell she wants to you, but as long as she comes back with pouty eyes and a smile and apologizes, everything will be fine. I think after doing something like that, there's no redeeming herself.

I believe you're only rationalizing her sincerity in apologizing because you still have feelings for her and you're really not weighing things out. You really [icbadba48a6]think[/icbadba48a6] she's sincere because perhaps you too are a little lonely (sucks to be womanless)... Perhaps she [icbadba48a6]did[/icbadba48a6] mean what she said, but i can guarantee it's only because she's emotionally vulnerable right now. I know my mind doesn't think the same when I'm in those kinda moods and my judgment can become obscured. I can assure you, hers is too.

TravMan162

29-06-2008 16:51:13

Here's a "tell it like it is" segment from the TravMan.

Jordan, from what you've told us, I hate your ex. That's the kind of girl I actually despise. She was using you for your money, she tried to use you for a hookup with another guy, and now she's using you to ease her loneliness.

This is why, (however tempting it may be,) you can't just go out and say all those things to a girl about how you feel about her and throw all your cards out on the table like that. I mean, don't be an emotionless prick, but girls use that against you later on.

She knows she has you wrapped around your finger, and the fact that you are even considering this proves it. I'm telling you, months is not long enough for someone to make the character changes that you are under the false spell of seeing. She just got smarter.

She knows how to work you. Don't do it man. You seem like a pretty cool, confident, stylish guy. Chicks dig that. I know you had strong feelings, but save those for someone who is going to appreciate them and not use them against you.

She does not deserve a second shot. She is horrible and you must move on. I promise you, it may be good for the first two months, but after a bit, you're just going to say, "son of a bitch they were right."

It's hard to see when it involves you but it's a lot easier to see through people's motives when you're on the outside looking in. Don't even get involved. As soon as you go on that first date, you are going to fall back in love. She's going to see that and then she's going to use that like she did before.

She hasn't changed. She's already fucked you over emotionally and financially, tried to sleep with your best friend (who you now KNOW is a good friend) and she gave you the worst line ever.

I know it sucks, I know you're dwelling on it, but breathe deep and let it go, no sense in wasting any more time. Fuck that. You're a good guy in Vegas. You can find another girl.

Remember, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Keep that in mind.

ESMcCready

29-06-2008 20:13:48

[quote6ef88750cd="ilanbg"]You can still date her if you want but you have to lay down the law.

Get her on lock, keep your leash on her tight.

In other words, stop showering her with gifts. Make her work for [i6ef88750cd]you[/i6ef88750cd], not the other way around. This is a better position to be in overall and will also let you see quickly if she just wants to exploit you or not. Basically, don't put up with her being a bitch—put her in her place.[/quote6ef88750cd]

Dude...you basically told him to use her like she used him...which would make him WORSE then her.

DON'T go back out with her right way. In fact, keep your communication strictly emails and phone calls for a month or two. Then keep hanging out strictly to groups for a little while. If she acts right, then you know what she was saying was true but if she quickly goes back to her tricks or begs to see you or get back together 2 or 3 weeks later, then she hasn't learned shit.

Just tell her what I said before...lay down your standards simple and tell her she's still up the creek with you but you are willing to slowly let her back in but ONLY as a friend. If you want to get back with her, after AT LEAST 6 or 7 months have past without any relapses or bumps and you still feel those riffles in your heart, go for it.

If she still acts a fool, there really are other fish out in the sea and take it as a lesson learned. Just don't hold her mistakes against the next but tie in what you've learned.

Trav...that last piece of advice goes to you too!

mistertomlinson

30-06-2008 05:19:35

Are you all forgetting the fact that SHE WENT AFTER HIS FRIEND[/size9b1327d58d]?! WTF?! You can't forgive such an offense. Have you no self respect? You obviously weren't good enough for her [i9b1327d58d]then[/i9b1327d58d] and I personally wouldn't want a girl that wasn't head over heels for me from the start.

So let's STOP FORGETTING she blew him off and went after his friend...

ESMcCready

30-06-2008 10:48:28

[quotea4e51c6a2b="mistertomlinson"]Are you all forgetting the fact that SHE WENT AFTER HIS FRIEND[/sizea4e51c6a2b]?! WTF?! You can't forgive such an offense. Have you no self respect? You obviously weren't good enough for her [ia4e51c6a2b]then[/ia4e51c6a2b] and [ba4e51c6a2b]I personally wouldn't want a girl that wasn't head over heels for me from the start.[/ba4e51c6a2b]

So let's STOP FORGETTING she blew him off and went after his friend...[/quotea4e51c6a2b]

Yea, you really sound like you want a girl worshipping your feet! You sound like the kind of guy who would get jealous and mad if she says she wants to hang out with her girls for the weekend instead of you.

NONE of us are telling to him forget that she wanted to go to prom with his friend. I'M saying that if he wants to give her another chance, make it only friendship, keep her at a distance, DON'T give her any money, and lay it down to her that he hasn't forgetten or fully forgiven her but is willing to see if she really has changed like she said.

Twon

30-06-2008 11:00:13

I can't believe she had the balls to call you and ask you for your friend's number! I say stay away. You're going to find somone else.

mistertomlinson

30-06-2008 14:58:02

[quotee59cffc73b="ESMcCready"]Yea, you really sound like you want a girl worshipping your feet! You sound like the kind of guy who would get jealous and mad if she says she wants to hang out with her girls for the weekend instead of you.[/quotee59cffc73b]

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight... because apparently I am overreacting... I guess people should be allowed to date your friends and expect you to shut up about it. roll

Don't even try to explain how that has [ie59cffc73b]anything[/ie59cffc73b] to do with expecting a girl to worship me. 'Expecting a girl to worship me' and 'expecting a girl not to date my friend' have absolutely no relationship and I can't believe you would make a connection, as if my expectations of a relationship are out of line.

You don't break up with someone to date their friend and then expect them to came back to you. I don't give a shit who you are... it's inexcusable!

TravMan162

30-06-2008 17:00:21

I'm 100% with Mr. Tom Linson on this one. Seriously. If you're a girl, feet worshiping is acceptable, but not required. Asking me for my best friend's number so you can sleep with him is not so acceptable.

ESMcCready

30-06-2008 19:20:25

[quote77d456e174="mistertomlinson"][b77d456e174]I personally wouldn't want a girl that wasn't head over heels for me from the start.[/b77d456e174]

[/quote77d456e174]

That is what I was commenting on Mister. Not anything else.

Like I said, I didn't say for him to completely FORGET that she went after his friend. And I'm NOT saying that it was right. But going by what she wrote and how Jordan is feeling. I gave him my opinion.

Just like your statement was speaking about how you expect A girl to act, NOT how you expect HIS girl to act. And expecting a girl to be head over heels for you right at the start of a relationship is just...weird. If that was the case, everyone would be getting married by the time 6 months come along.

And I'm not agruing anymore over it because this is NOT about our views or points. It's about trying to give JordanE advice and opinions.

So please, lets just drop it and focus our posts towards Jordan, not each other.

I'm sorry for even starting this whole mess...

JordanE

30-06-2008 22:10:16

lol I don't think she ever planned to sleep with him, the whole "and see where things go from there" thing was ment more along the lines of possibly starting a relationship.

And just to make things clear, I never gave her a dime of physical cash. I just paid for the dates and the gifts I gave her, which is kind of expected from the man in the relationship. Admittedly I probably spent more than I should have, but it wasn't really a concern at the time.

mistertomlinson

01-07-2008 06:06:38

[quote0a78591ed2="JordanE"]lol I don't think she ever planned to sleep with him, the whole "and see where things go from there" thing was ment more along the lines of possibly starting a relationship.

And just to make things clear, I never gave her a dime of physical cash. I just paid for the dates and the gifts I gave her, which is kind of expected from the man in the relationship. Admittedly I probably spent more than I should have, but it wasn't really a concern at the time.[/quote0a78591ed2]

[quote0a78591ed2="mistertomlinson"]... unfortunately, it's already too late and your mind is made up. I'm sure there's not a thing anyone here can say to influence you in any direction.[/quote0a78591ed2]

bballp6699

01-07-2008 11:01:15

I'll go out with you if you spend $1150 on me...

tylerc

01-07-2008 11:05:22

I just gotta ask, why the FUCK did you spend $1,150 on a girl in HIGH SCHOOL?! The only time I would consider dropping that kind of coin is on an engagement ring/anniversary present for my WIFE.

On topic, people rarely, if ever change. You could keep it casual, but as other people said, DO NOT break out your wallet for her. If you get food, see a movie, whatever, you pay for yours and yours only. See if she stays around without the money.

ilanbg

01-07-2008 15:12:03

[quoteb6535423d4="ESMcCready"]Dude...you basically told him to use her like she used him...which would make him WORSE then her.[/quoteb6535423d4]

I'm condoning him to tell her this [my post] straight to her face. I'm telling him to cut through all the bullshit, mind fucks, manipulation, and game theory.

Decide what you want. Tell her what you want. Tell her what you'll put up with from her and what you won't. If she can't play by these rules then she is either retarded or evil.

^
Seriously, relationships and basically all interaction becomes pretty simple when you stop trying to mastermind it. If you're sincere and up-front, nothing can ever go wrong.

JordanE

01-07-2008 20:22:44

[quote1463ff0904="mistertomlinson"][quote1463ff0904="JordanE"]lol I don't think she ever planned to sleep with him, the whole "and see where things go from there" thing was ment more along the lines of possibly starting a relationship.

And just to make things clear, I never gave her a dime of physical cash. I just paid for the dates and the gifts I gave her, which is kind of expected from the man in the relationship. Admittedly I probably spent more than I should have, but it wasn't really a concern at the time.[/quote1463ff0904]

[quote1463ff0904="mistertomlinson"]... unfortunately, it's already too late and your mind is made up. I'm sure there's not a thing anyone here can say to influence you in any direction.[/quote1463ff0904][/quote1463ff0904]

When the hell did I ever say my mind is made up?

Thanks everyone for trying to help, but this is starting to just turn into an argument. I'll take care of this on my own.

Thanks again everyone.