I Need Advice...(Both Girls & Guys Opinions NEEDED!)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=75983

ESMcCready

07-06-2008 08:32:52

Ok, I was basically raised a tomboy for the most part of my life and I didn't really get hips and tits until I was 16-17. I also wasn't allowed to wear make-up until I was 16 and by that time, I really didn't have an interest in it anymore. I'm trying to act more girlie I guess when it comes down to my looks and I wanted some advice on what I should do to accent some of my good features.

The way I see it, I think my eyes, lips, breasts, hips, and legs are it. I'm a big girl so I know I have that strike against me as far as looks go but I can handle that...kinda. But, anyway, I wanted to see if you guys have any tips for me.

Girls, I would like make up tips on how to make my lips and eyes stand out and maybe a good bra style to buy. In fact, I actually need to find somewhere I can go that will fit me for a bra. Right now...I'm barely fitting into a 42DD. I'm DEFINITELY willing to pay good money for a bra that supports me without being uncomfortable. Convertables are always a plus in my book as well so if any of you girls know of a good one, PLEASE post.

Style wise, I'm not really looking for name brand stuff or anything too expensive. The most expensive I get is shopping at Lane Bryant during a sale. I mean, Wallie World, Target, & K-Mart are my BEST friends! I'm DEFINITELY not a dress person, well, at least I wouldn't wear a dress by its self. I would like to get more into the dress and jeans fad though but haven't found any good dresses in my size. Also, I'm 5' so things made for big people like me are usually too long even when I buy it petite. My sense of style right now is basically tank tops, fitted jeans (low rise flares/boot cuts), and skater shoes/flip flops. I can't STAND anything with a high collar but I don't want anything that is barely hiding my nipples. lilolli Hair wise, I keep it kinda "emo-ish" and on the short side but I usually just throw a bandana on my head once I comb all the nappies out of it. I could really use some products for my hair that will moisiturize it, manage the frizzies, and/or help it to stay in place without making it stiff.

Now, Guys, you come in because I've only had 3 relationships my whole life. One was totally using me and lasted a few months and the other 2 were engagements. My first fiance died and my second basically had to leave the country. I'm talking to this guy right now and I know it can't get too serious but I'm also NOT the one night stand kind. I mean, we sit up and talk about religion and life experiences for hours and we both know we don't want anything too serious. I guess for the most part...I'm just scared he doesn't want me. I mean, he says he's attracted to me both mentally and physically but...he never comes out and says he "wants" me, you know?

Can anyone one of you give me a translation of this? Or am I just worrying about it waaaayyy too much? Also, I want to know what you guys think looks sexy on a girl or what you think is a girl's best feature. I know I'm lacking in the confidence department but I'm trying to change that. I'm trying to find things and looks that would make me purr at myself when I look at the finished product in the mirror.

Personality wise, I feel pretty comfortable in my own skin but now I want to feel comfortable look wise and find something that is both sexy for me and yet comfortable and easy enough for every day use-age.

I know I asked specific things to each group (girls, guys) but if you have any advice about anything I've said, whether you're a girl or a guy or a it lilolli, just answer it.

Thanks alot guys!

ESMcCready

08-06-2008 08:37:52

Ok...lets all not jump at once to help me. lilolli

JKirk

08-06-2008 09:05:52

[quotee4daf2b8c3]Now, Guys, you come in because I've only had 3 relationships my whole life. One was totally using me and lasted a few months and the other 2 were engagements. My first fiance died and my second basically had to leave the country. I'm talking to this guy right now and I know it can't get too serious but I'm also NOT the one night stand kind. I mean, we sit up and talk about religion and life experiences for hours and we both know we don't want anything too serious. I guess for the most part...I'm just scared he doesn't want me. I mean, he says he's attracted to me both mentally and physically but...he never comes out and says he "wants" me, you know? [/quotee4daf2b8c3]

In my opinion, it just sounds like the type of guy he is. You just have to get to know him and be able to "read" his body language and how he actually says things better. It could be that he has never been with a woman or maybe he thinks that if he moves in on you or tries to take it to the next level it will make things uncomfortably different.

I'm not a fashion guy by any means but what I do when I shop is usually go into an unfamiliar store and find a brand that I like when I'm looking to "change" my style. You could do this online but it would be better in person. Go in the store and just look for brands/styles that you like and try them on if you can. It usually just depends on how you look I guess as to what kind of style you should be going for and also your budget.

ESMcCready

08-06-2008 09:39:00

Umcomfortable different...I've never thought of that. Thanks for the advice on it.

And also thanks for the tip on the clothing thing. I'm not really a fashion guru myself so I don't really know what looks good on me but I've also been looking in stores that I am familiar with as well. I never thought of going shopping in a store I have no clue about. You never know what you could find.

ilanbg

08-06-2008 13:42:36

Here it is

Instead of wondering how to play the situation perfectly as if this is some Soviet-style game theory situation, just relax and follow your pursuits.

Do what you want and you'll get burned if it doesn't work out... but that's the worst that will happen.

ESMcCready

08-06-2008 16:12:33

Yea ilanbq...I rather not get burned or used. I know I need to relax some but I'm just confused.

I'm not use to talk to guys...

ilanbg

08-06-2008 21:15:11

Posting on a message board won't help you with that. Only talking to guys will help with it.

JennyWren

09-06-2008 01:01:00

Something to remember (and this is something that many people struggle with) is that confidence is sexy. He's choosing to be with you for a reason. If you seem unsure that you are attractive to your guy, he'll pick up on that. Would you want to be with a guy who questioned whether or not you found him attractive? Probably not.

About the clothing...I don't really know, my body type is completely different from yours. My only advice would be to avoid any pants that ride too low and are too tight. The whole "muffin top" thing is unattractive. I find that lots of jeans these days are cut so low that they just make me pudge out over the top which is bad. Longer cut tops will make you look taller and I think they are flattering on most body types. Curves are SEXY, find a way to accentuate them without going too far.

ESMcCready

09-06-2008 05:47:25

Thanks so much Jenny! I'll definitely look into that.

I never got that whole wearing super tight clothing thing. To me, it really looks unflattering, even if the girl had a great body. Same for guys with skinny pants that are too tight. I wonder how the...little man breathes!?! lilolli

ilanbq, let me correct that. Most of my friends are guys but they look at me as if I'm a little brother more then an actual girl. So when I go to them for advice...they really give it to me as if I was one of the guys, not if I was the girl they were trying to impress. Get what I'm saying?

I've always been a shy girl and like I said before, I've only been in 3 relationships. All of which were freak accidents to start and didn't really invovle any of that "guess work" I guess. They were all quite innocent in the sense of the whole dating thing and everything.

I've been rejected a many of times so that kinda killed my courage really to be able to "make a move". Actually, more like rejected and himulated (bad spelling) because "I thought any guy would want to go out with me". Yea...bad times...but enough about that. liheheli

bballp6699

09-06-2008 06:32:04

[quote58cd37a95f="ESMcCready"] I mean, Wallie World, Target, & K-Mart are my BEST friends! [/quote58cd37a95f]

http/" alt=""/img.printfection.com/2/628/989859/OuwCP.jpg[/img58cd37a95f]

?

[img="58cd37a95f]http//blogs.chron.com/cougars/Vacation.jpg[" alt=""/img58cd37a95f]

ESMcCready

09-06-2008 07:04:51

lol @ Bball

You know, I've been looking for a novelty t-shirt that says that. Where did you get that first pic from?

bballp6699

09-06-2008 08:27:37

http//www.kaptainmyke.com/shirts/movieshirts.htm