When's the FiPG upgrade going to happen?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=75425

ForceBucks

01-05-2008 09:34:19

Yo--when's the FiPG upgrade going to happen? I was told on the 10th of April that it was 2 weeks away.

dmorris68

01-05-2008 09:44:05

By who? And what specific upgrade are you referring to?

I'm the sole person doing any FiPG server/code work, and I've never committed to any timeframe, because I can't -- I have a full-time job and a family, so I do this in my spare time. Add in the fact that for that past 2 weeks almost I've been working on nothing but trying to counter the DDoS attack we've been under.

If you're referring to the switch to a new forum software that I've mentioned in the past, we're still a ways off. The Trade Module has to be completely rewritten from the ground up, as does the site ratings module, and I've had little time to work on that yet. I do have a couple of prototype forums setup with migrated data as a trial run, but without those critical mods in place they wouldn't make our membership very happy. Now that the server seems to be running fairly smoothly again (knock on wood), I'll have time to get back to the upgrade path.

bballp6699

01-05-2008 12:46:49

I'm afraid you're going to have to worry a little less about the family and full-time job and focus more on the important things, like fancy features on a freebie forum.

You've disappointed me David. I expect more out of you.

doylnea

01-05-2008 13:42:01

hello dmo - here's the post where you said you would have everything upgraded by April 24th.

[quoteea339840db="dmorris69"]So, just as soon as I finish copying another freebie sites' (MacroBucks) design, I'll be able to get the forum upgraded. I've also been thinking that we should start taking bigger donations for forum site reviews, and if they give us enough, just auto-upgrade them from Sites Not Yet Rated to a 4 or 5 rating. shrug

As far as the upgrade, as I've mentioned in the past, I've wanted to overhaul the forum. I initially intended to move us to phpBB3, but admin showed me SMF, which is what FC now runs. I was impressed, and decided that would be my target instead. It's going to be a lot of work to redo all the custom mods, particularly the Trading Mod, but that would need to be done for phpBB3 as well. Most of the more popular phpBB mod functionality can also be found in SMF, either with built-in functionality or through external mods.

Without question though, I'll have everything done by April 24.[/quoteea339840db]

TravMan162

01-05-2008 13:47:43

oh snap

shock

anything i can help with? I don't know a goddamn thing about computers but if there's some tedious things that I can figure out how to do that would help you, let me know D

dmorris68

01-05-2008 13:51:40

[quote82139d154f="doylnea"]hello dmo - here's the post where you said you would have everything upgraded by April 24th.

[quote82139d154f="dmorris69"]So, just as soon as I finish copying another freebie sites' (MacroBucks) design, I'll be able to get the forum upgraded. I've also been thinking that we should start taking bigger donations for forum site reviews, and if they give us enough, just auto-upgrade them from Sites Not Yet Rated to a 4 or 5 rating. shrug

As far as the upgrade, as I've mentioned in the past, I've wanted to overhaul the forum. I initially intended to move us to phpBB3, but admin showed me SMF, which is what FC now runs. I was impressed, and decided that would be my target instead. It's going to be a lot of work to redo all the custom mods, particularly the Trading Mod, but that would need to be done for phpBB3 as well. Most of the more popular phpBB mod functionality can also be found in SMF, either with built-in functionality or through external mods.

Without question though, I'll have everything done by April 24.[/quote82139d154f][/quote82139d154f]
Damn, I must have been really stoned on that LSD laced pot I was smoking.

Oh, wait, that was 'dmorris69' who said that. Not me. liwhewli

Forget what I said about the pot.

[b82139d154f]EDIT[/b82139d154f] LOL, I said "LCD laced pot." Maybe THAT'S why I couldn't hold up my blunt, it was too damn heavy.

TryinToGetPaid

01-05-2008 15:08:38

DMo smokes the blunt... not the pipe, not the bong, but a mothawhatwhat beezy.

samz465

01-05-2008 16:01:27

[quote0b821a4e13="dmorris68"]
[/quote0b821a4e13]
QFT!

ForceBucks

01-05-2008 20:04:27

hey doyl, lemme get a free green on lucrocash? ;)

J4320

01-05-2008 20:11:55

[quotee2d0524595="samz465"][quotee2d0524595="dmorris68"]
[/quotee2d0524595]
QFT![/quotee2d0524595]

I see you guys attended my lecture about LSD laced pot. Indeed, it is a very serious problem that is dramatically affecting our youth. My friend's friend's friend's girlfriend's aunt's sister's brother tried it and ended up on top of a telephone pole. Cops arrived and told him to get down. He got down alright. He bear hugged that splintery wooden telephone pole and slid aaaaaaalllllll the way down. Stay away from LSD laced pot kids.

theysayjump

01-05-2008 20:18:16

I told him he should try to sit tight for another couple of weeks but I should've been more specific in that "couple" meant "few", and "few" meant "whenever".