To wait or not to wait? That is my dilemma!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74943

tucker1003

29-03-2008 08:26:14

I have tried to order the iphone from Trainn its on back order. So I'm taking the money. Should I order direct from At&t since I'm eligible for an upgrade? Should I wait a couple of months for the new iphone which will cost more but be way cooler? Travman I know you got a buddy on the inside, if you can get some info on launch date and such that would be cool.

Oh yeah, I got a good situation. My g/f, her father, and I have the exact same phone Nokia 6126 (I think that is the model) I have insurance they don't, her father cracked his exterior screen. I'm thinking (since I have cell phone repair experience) I'm going to take off my Good flip and place his bad one on my main board half so all of the numbers still match up and make a claim.

Give the new phone to him and I'll use his old main half with my good flip.

What do you guys think?

TryinToGetPaid

29-03-2008 12:25:36

Fraud... it's what's for dinner.

TravMan162

29-03-2008 14:50:24

[quotee7f07b1794="tucker1003"] Travman I know you got a buddy on the inside, if you can get some info on launch date and such that would be cool.[/quotee7f07b1794]

I'm on it. I'll get back to you when he gets back to me D

Margot530

29-03-2008 16:32:48

[b8cd98aabb4]Oh yeah, I got a good situation. My g/f, her father, and I have the exact same phone Nokia 6126 (I think that is the model) I have insurance they don't, her father cracked his exterior screen. I'm thinking (since I have cell phone repair experience) I'm going to take off my Good flip and place his bad one on my main board half so all of the numbers still match up and make a claim.

What do you guys think?[/b8cd98aabb4]

Hey there,

Honestly, if they can tell you opened it, it will void your warranty anyway. Had a friend try that, and they just handed it back and wrote up a ticket on it, stating the warranty was no longer good, due to a breach of their TOS.

Margot

unknown uchiha

29-03-2008 17:20:18

[quote7db6bf9a17="tucker1003"]I have tried to order the iphone from Trainn its on back order. So I'm taking the money. Should I order direct from At&t since I'm eligible for an upgrade? Should I wait a couple of months for the new iphone which will cost more but be way cooler? Travman I know you got a buddy on the inside, if you can get some info on launch date and such that would be cool.

Oh yeah, I got a good situation. My g/f, her father, and I have the exact same phone Nokia 6126 (I think that is the model) I have insurance they don't, her father cracked his exterior screen. I'm thinking (since I have cell phone repair experience) I'm going to take off my Good flip and place his bad one on my main board half so all of the numbers still match up and make a claim.

What do you guys think?[/quote7db6bf9a17]

It doesn't matter if you're "eligible for an upgrade" or anything, the iPhone works differently. It's a two-year contract done on iTunes, and you won't get any discounts for signing up for the contract. On top of that, there is only speculation on the next-generation iPhone. Zero fact. If you want to wait, feel free to. I would recommend waiting as well, but who knows how long they're going to take before releasing a new iPhone? Yahoo points to second/third quarter of this year, Steve Jobs himself hinted at late 2008. But know this We're on the first-generation of the iPhone. Whether Apple updates the thing periodically or not is pure speculation.

EatChex89

29-03-2008 19:03:10

money money money

tucker1003

29-03-2008 21:33:36

Thanks for your concern marg. , but I've seen it done through sprint where I worked. There are 2 halves to the flip phones held together by 2-4 torx screws and snaps on the side. As long as you dont tamper with the back half (the board and the plastic that surrounds it, plus the stickers under the battery) your fine.

sandra habina

29-03-2008 21:55:20

Wait for the newer version - you will probably kick yourself if you don't.

Patience. )

TravMan162

29-03-2008 22:07:35

I'm a big fan of waiting, but the thing with technology is, if you do wait, then by the time you get the new one, the third one is going to be rumored and we'll be discussing this all over again D

Technology is the damndest thing.

J4320

30-03-2008 17:58:41

Wait, so this thread wasn't about your virginity?

mistertomlinson

30-03-2008 18:39:47

[quotec4e76b4c0a="J4320"]Wait, so this thread wasn't about your virginity?[/quotec4e76b4c0a]

Lolz... I get it.

Anyway, I would wait. MacRumors just posted some more evidence of the rumored June release and not only suggest 3G capability but maybe even a new "look." Then there was that one rumor from that digg.com guy who said he heard from a reliable source that the next iPhone will include a 2nd camera on the front for video chatting... a little far fetched, but that would be INSANE!