Accounting Midterm Tommrow

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74853

ClassAct

25-03-2008 10:06:39

I got a midterm due tommrow, need help, pm me if you are good at accounting and have some time and want to help and get rewarded.

good2speed

25-03-2008 16:45:33

post a damn question first too see if people can actually help you. 2nd I'm sure you have textbooks and I'm sure all the help you would need is within that textbook. 3rd there is this great new website called google. It's great all you have to do is type in keywords to perform a search.

here's the link

www.google.com

TryinToGetPaid

25-03-2008 16:48:40

or you know, he could actually learn the material?

TravMan162

25-03-2008 17:08:22

[quotef9156580b6="TryinToGetPaid"]or you know, he could actually learn the material?[/quotef9156580b6]

I think he'd rather you just explain how to be an accountant in thirty words or less. Ready, go.

tylerc

25-03-2008 17:48:19

[quote5f5aab24d2="good2speed"]post a damn question first too see if people can actually help you. 2nd I'm sure you have textbooks and I'm sure all the help you would need is within that textbook. 3rd there is this great new website called google. It's great all you have to do is type in keywords to perform a search.

here's the link

www.google.com[/quote5f5aab24d2]

My god, you are a prick.

TravMan162

25-03-2008 17:54:19

[quote1493ff7b2d="tylerc"]My god, you are a prick.[/quote1493ff7b2d]

this is what J4 was talking about when he said to stop being a pussy and just say what you're trying to say.

no beating around the bush there.

stueybaby17

25-03-2008 17:54:30

[quote7719203aa1="good2speed"]post a damn question first too see if people can actually help you. 2nd I'm sure you have textbooks and I'm sure all the help you would need is within that textbook. 3rd there is this great new website called google. It's great all you have to do is type in keywords to perform a search.

here's the link

www.google.com[/quote7719203aa1]

Have you ever done any accounting work? There is quite a lot of material that google would not be very helpful because of the complexity.
Try looking up how to do a pension worksheet.

good2speed

25-03-2008 18:48:04

[quote601baf594c="stueybaby17"][quote601baf594c="good2speed"]post a damn question first too see if people can actually help you. 2nd I'm sure you have textbooks and I'm sure all the help you would need is within that textbook. 3rd there is this great new website called google. It's great all you have to do is type in keywords to perform a search.

here's the link

www.google.com[/quote601baf594c]

Have you ever done any accounting work? There is quite a lot of material that google would not be very helpful because of the complexity.
Try looking up how to do a pension worksheet.[/quote601baf594c]

i suppose this would give me an idea

www.econ.ucsb.edu/~harmon/136c-ch20slides.pdf

http//www.beckercpa.com/students/2007_Financial_6_Update3.pdf

and all i did was a quick google search on the term you gave me. edit I appended 'accounting' to 'pension worksheet' and voila

And hickboy, ya you. Listen I wouldve been nicer and even helped him out if he put in the effort to ask a specific question. Instead he wants general help on the day before his midterm. IMHO hes not putting in the effort to get things done. HE deserves the harsh tone for asking such a general question and not something specific. Should I just volunteer my limited time to help in all aspects of accounting. Maybe you are more noble and can help him out. Go for it.

J4320

25-03-2008 18:49:50

[quotef5fbd558a2="TravMan162"][quotef5fbd558a2="tylerc"]My god, you are a prick.[/quotef5fbd558a2]

this is what J4 was talking about when he said to stop being a pussy and just say what you're trying to say.

no beating around the bush there.[/quotef5fbd558a2]

Actually, my statement was strictly referring to religion. Be careful about being rude and antagonistic because you can get temp-banned for it. o

TravMan162

25-03-2008 18:57:06

[quote0b8bd1d3da="J4320"][quote0b8bd1d3da="TravMan162"][quote0b8bd1d3da="tylerc"]My god, you are a prick.[/quote0b8bd1d3da]

no beating around the bush there.[/quote0b8bd1d3da]

Actually, my statement was strictly referring to religion. Be careful about being rude and antagonistic because you can get temp-banned for it. o[/quote0b8bd1d3da]

oh trust me i know.

that fateful misunderstanding of a day..........

that was a long week. that's why i stopped being a meanie D

ilanbg

25-03-2008 19:13:33

Wow, nine replies, zero contributions.

...Make that ten.

zdub08

25-03-2008 19:36:29

hickboy=tylerc?

tylerc

25-03-2008 19:37:20

?

doylnea

25-03-2008 20:52:00

[quoted33ac25f4c="good2speed"][quoted33ac25f4c="stueybaby17"][quoted33ac25f4c="good2speed"]post a damn question first too see if people can actually help you. 2nd I'm sure you have textbooks and I'm sure all the help you would need is within that textbook. 3rd there is this great new website called google. It's great all you have to do is type in keywords to perform a search.

here's the link

www.google.com[/quoted33ac25f4c]

Try looking up how to do a pension worksheet.[/quoted33ac25f4c]

i suppose this would give me an idea

www.econ.ucsb.edu/~harmon/136c-ch20slides.pdf

http//www.beckercpa.com/students/2007_Financial_6_Update3.pdf

and all i did was a quick google search on the term you gave me. edit I appended 'accounting' to 'pension worksheet' and voila

And hickboy, ya you. Listen I wouldve been nicer and even helped him out if he put in the effort to ask a specific question. Instead he wants general help on the day before his midterm. IMHO hes not putting in the effort to get things done. HE deserves the harsh tone for asking such a general question and not something specific. Should I just volunteer my limited time to help in all aspects of accounting. Maybe you are more noble and can help him out. Go for it.[/quoted33ac25f4c]

thuglife, ya you. Listen I wouldve been nicer and even not temp-banned you for the ninth time if you put in the effort in to not be a total and complete a-hole. Instead you insulted him and other users here to make yourself feel better. YOU deserve a perma-ban, but once in a while you are helpful. Should I just ignore you in my limited time? Maybe some other mod is more noble and can just ban you outright. Go for it.

tylerc

25-03-2008 20:53:35

[quote70a1ce1ddd="good2speed"]And hickboy, ya you. Listen I wouldve been nicer and even helped him out if he put in the effort to ask a specific question. Instead he wants general help on the day before his midterm. IMHO hes not putting in the effort to get things done. HE deserves the harsh tone for asking such a general question and not something specific. Should I just volunteer my limited time to help in all aspects of accounting. Maybe you are more noble and can help him out. Go for it.[/quote70a1ce1ddd]

Hickboy?

TryinToGetPaid

26-03-2008 05:46:07

pot kettle black?

ClassAct

27-03-2008 11:28:23

1st Off For All Your Accounting Wizards Out there, As Stueybaby said you cant just google what your looking for in accounting, This isnt a History class where I need to find out when a war was started, there is no clear cut answer, If Im trying to figure out net profit and I have Ending Invetory is X, Purchases is X, Tax Income is 30 percent, other cost are 15 percent, I cant type that into google.

Since you are all so good at accounting and have taken a million accounting classes I'm sure you know how great these books are with the information, The reason I didnt ask the specific problem I was looking for is because I excpeted dumb ass responses, sure enough thats all I got anyway.

Honestly what do you people do all day, wake up and stare at the forums all day trying to make fun of someone, How does it make you feel? When ur sitting at dinner do you tell your parents "O i made fun of some kid on a internet forum today" Do they tell you that your awsome?

This forum used to be great bit it pieces of shit like good2speed. Hey good2speed did you get the memo the game was cool for like a month, or is it cause you got so much street cred, and the game really speaks to you, I mean you really feel connected to him and you want to show how cool you are cause you like him.

O yea tryingtogetpaid have u ever contributed anything to this forum besides scamming members on non cc sites you joke.

TryinToGetPaid

27-03-2008 11:38:21

oh yea, one time i scammed on da cc sites and i told my mom and she was like woooooooooooah, you so hardcore boy!

Give me a fuckin' joke -- learn the fuckin' material. I look back at the kids who skimmed by in school, and I tell them I like my Big Mac with only Mayo.

TravMan162

27-03-2008 13:24:30

[quote8d2598e1ac="ClassAct"]1st Off For All Your Accounting Wizards Out there, As Stueybaby said you cant just google what your looking for in accounting, This isnt a History class where I need to find out when a war was started, there is no clear cut answer, If Im trying to figure out net profit and I have Ending Invetory is X, Purchases is X, Tax Income is 30 percent, other cost are 15 percent, I cant type that into google.

Since you are all so good at accounting and have taken a million accounting classes I'm sure you know how great these books are with the information, The reason I didnt ask the specific problem I was looking for is because I excpeted dumb ass responses, sure enough thats all I got anyway.

Honestly what do you people do all day, wake up and stare at the forums all day trying to make fun of someone, How does it make you feel? When ur sitting at dinner do you tell your parents "O i made fun of some kid on a internet forum today" Do they tell you that your awsome?

This forum used to be great bit it pieces of shit like good2speed. Hey good2speed did you get the memo the game was cool for like a month, or is it cause you got so much street cred, and the game really speaks to you, I mean you really feel connected to him and you want to show how cool you are cause you like him.

O yea tryingtogetpaid have u ever contributed anything to this forum besides scamming members on non cc sites you joke.[/quote8d2598e1ac]

shock whoa.

on an actual thread related note, since actually solving your problem has apparently gone to shit, I was wondering, I've been thinking about going back to school for accounting, I like money, I am great at math and I love everything about it. I was actually considering starting off taking that H&R Block tax preparation course........ How tough is the overall accounting major? Do you go to a community school or a business-specific school?

Just let me know whatever you feel like telling, I'm interested, sorry I couldn't help solve your problem though, I guess this post can refer to my signature............

doylnea

27-03-2008 13:29:24

[quote390932c795="TryinToGetPaid"]oh yea, one time i scammed on da cc sites and i told my mom and she was like woooooooooooah, you so hardcore boy!

Give me a fuckin' joke -- learn the fuckin' material. I look back at the kids who skimmed by in school, and I tell them I like my Big Mac with only Mayo.[/quote390932c795]

seriously, don't you have anything better to do with your life than antagonize?

TravMan162

27-03-2008 13:32:33

[quote816a338736="doylnea"]
seriously, don't you have anything better to do with your life than antagonize?[/quote816a338736]

doyl - "Title-fixer-man" - nea,

I think i found another one for you. D

TryinToGetPaid

27-03-2008 14:51:35

Only when someone starts it N. My advice was good, and he decided that since he ranted on good4nothin, he had to rant on me as well.

J4320

27-03-2008 14:56:26

[quote32b860a8c5="TryinToGetPaid"]I look back at the kids who skimmed by in school, and I tell them I like my Big Mac with only Mayo.[/quote32b860a8c5]

I thought this part was quite lolworthy. lol

stueybaby17

27-03-2008 15:22:35

[quotea125f52d30="ClassAct"]1st Off For All Your Accounting Wizards Out there, As Stueybaby said you cant just google what your looking for in accounting, This isnt a History class where I need to find out when a war was started, there is no clear cut answer, If Im trying to figure out net profit and I have Ending Invetory is X, Purchases is X, Tax Income is 30 percent, other cost are 15 percent, I cant type that into google.

O yea tryingtogetpaid have u ever contributed anything to this forum besides scamming members on non cc sites you joke.[/quotea125f52d30]

I know how the books are. There are only a few that actually make any sense at all. At least to me anyway, I usually wait for the prof to explain it and then the book MAY kinda make sense. Auditing, however is like the only book that I've read that I could learn anything from.

I can't figure anything out from the information you provided though. I know it's too late anyway. But if you want to know net profit, you are gonna have to know sales and the COGS too. What class is this anyway?? Principles or is it a cost question?

stueybaby17

27-03-2008 15:25:08

[quoteb0dedca2fd="TravMan162"][quoteb0dedca2fd="ClassAct"]1st Off For All Your Accounting Wizards Out there, As Stueybaby said you cant just google what your looking for in accounting, This isnt a History class where I need to find out when a war was started, there is no clear cut answer, If Im trying to figure out net profit and I have Ending Invetory is X, Purchases is X, Tax Income is 30 percent, other cost are 15 percent, I cant type that into google.

O yea tryingtogetpaid have u ever contributed anything to this forum besides scamming members on non cc sites you joke.[/quoteb0dedca2fd]

shock whoa.

on an actual thread related note, since actually solving your problem has apparently gone to shit, I was wondering, I've been thinking about going back to school for accounting, I like money, I am great at math and I love everything about it. I was actually considering starting off taking that H&R Block tax preparation course........ How tough is the overall accounting major? Do you go to a community school or a business-specific school?

Just let me know whatever you feel like telling, I'm interested, sorry I couldn't help solve your problem though, I guess this post can refer to my signature............[/quoteb0dedca2fd]

Toughness depends on the school you go to. Any many employers understand this. For example all other things equal a CPA firm will hire someone from my university if they have a 3.2 but require a 3.8 from Penn State.

And tax accounting is a completly different game. In fact, there are many many things that are not even allowed to be accounted for in the same manner for tax as for financial.

TryinToGetPaid

27-03-2008 16:11:08

OMG THANKS j4!!!

Another mod who understands me...I feel loved.

TravMan162

27-03-2008 16:21:11

[quotedd4d359b09="TryinToGetPaid"]OMG THANKS j4!!!

Another mod who understands me...I feel loved.[/quotedd4d359b09]

You should be ashamed of yourself. Seriously. A Big Mac?

Try the quad stacker and then come talk to me.

A TryinToGetPaid Quad stacker would resemble this classy illustration

Bread, meat, cheese, meat, cheese, meat, cheese, meat, cheese, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, mayo, mayo, bread.

That's a hearty treat.

TryinToGetPaid

27-03-2008 17:04:02

I like my heart attacks more tastier.