Nigerian scammers sink to an all-time low

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74238

h3x

04-03-2008 01:26:47

In my e-mail box

[quoteb025672249]My Name is (SGT) JASON T. CAMPBELL; I am an AMERICAN SOLDIER, Serving in the military with the Army’s 4th battalion, 64th armored regiment. With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed up courage to contact you.

I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of ($8 million U.S Dollars) Eight million united state dollars to you, As far as I can assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.

SOURCE OF MONEY

Some money in various currencies were discovered in barrels at a farm house near one of saddam’s old palaces in Tikrit-Iraq during a rescue operation, and it was agreed by my STAFF SGT KENNETH BUFF, SFC DANIEL V. ESS and I that some part of this money be shared among us before informing anybody about it, since we saw the money first. This was quite an illegal thing to do, but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risk we have taken with our lives in the hell hole. Of which my brother in-law was killed by a road side bomb last time.

The above figure was given to me as my share, and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of British contact working here, and his office enjoy some immunity, I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real content of the package, and believes that it belongs to a British/American medical doctor who died in a raid here in Iraq, and before giving up, trusted me to hand over the package to his family in united states. I have now find a very secured way of getting the package out of Iraq to your country for pick up, and I will discuss this with you when I am sure that you are willing to assist me, and I believe that my money will be well secured in your hands because you have the fear of God.

I want you to tell me how much you will take from this money for the assistance you will give me. One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this subject with any body, should you have any reason to reject this offer, please and please destroy this message as any leakage of this information will be too bad for us soldier’s here in Iraq. I do not know how long we will remain here, and I have been shot, wounded and survived two suicide bomb attacks by the special grace of God, this and other reasons will mention later has prompted me to reach out for your help, I honestly want this matter to be resolved immediately, please contact ma as soon as possible with my private e-mail address which is my only way of communication.

God bless you and your family.

(SGT) JASON T. CAMPBELL.[/quoteb025672249]

ForceBucks

04-03-2008 05:23:32

Dude, that is simply disgusting. Makes me sick to my stomach. Dont these shmohawks see anything wrong with saying stuff like that?

mistertomlinson

04-03-2008 05:46:19

[quote6834e38b61]I believe that my money will be well secured in your hands because you have the fear of God.[/quote6834e38b61]

WTF does that even mean?!

Do you have the email the responses are supposed to go to? I'd love to make these dumbasses think I'm actually gonna give them shit... and lead them on for a good month.

TryinToGetPaid

04-03-2008 06:20:26

People do it all the time, there is actually a website dedicated to it. One guy wanted laptops, he made the scammer pay for the shipping, the scammer had to rent a truck to go pick them up in a nearby city, and haul them back. When he opened them up it was just cinder blocks.

They also make them take absurd pictures, like tying a brick to their ball sack with a sign that says IMA DOOCHE. Pretty funny, gotta love those African Aids!

Powerbook

04-03-2008 06:23:56

it amazes me how sick people are. i hope they rot in hell.

TryinToGetPaid

04-03-2008 06:31:16

http//www.419eater.com/

Currently down right now though -(

Twon

04-03-2008 06:35:00

[quote5b8343e553="TryinToGetPaid"]People do it all the time, there is actually a website dedicated to it. One guy wanted laptops, he made the scammer pay for the shipping, the scammer had to rent a truck to go pick them up in a nearby city, and haul them back. When he opened them up it was just cinder blocks.

They also make them take absurd pictures, like tying a brick to their ball sack with a sign that says IMA DOOCHE. Pretty funny, gotta love those African Aids![/quote5b8343e553]

So you mean that people scam the scammers? I want in on that... lol

GCY

04-03-2008 08:32:01

The master of sending heavy junk to Nigeria is the creator of
http//thescambaiter.com/forum/

Go read this thread
http//thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132

u'll die of laughter.

hehehhehe

04-03-2008 09:01:47

[quote522e09c926="GCY"]The master of sending heavy junk to Nigeria is the creator of
http//thescambaiter.com/forum/

Go read this thread
http//thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132

u'll die of laughter.[/quote522e09c926]
I remember reading through most of this a while back. I lol'ed at those phone calls with Butch Driveshaft.

good2speed

04-03-2008 09:12:17

I personally see nothing worng with the email. I mean lets be honest they are scammers so their moral compass cant be too high. These guys are desperate to scam you for some money. I really dont think they care what kind of story they use. I, infact, commend them for becoming more creative in their attempts to scam. If you are going to be a scammer you might as well be the best and most creative.

Iloveipods2

04-03-2008 16:14:10

lol well come on guys, seriously, you have to be pretty gullible to believe any of that. lol

J4320

04-03-2008 16:30:12

"Nigerian scammers sink to an all-time low"

At first I thought this title meant that there were less and less Nigerian scammers nowadays. I guess not. (

Jeremiah1218

04-03-2008 19:03:55

Yea I probably get 3 of these e-mails a day...it really is rediculous that these idiots make up such a story just to get you to send them money.

GCY

04-03-2008 20:29:41

[quote2615af2741="Jeremiah1218"]Yea I probably get 3 of these e-mails a day...it really is rediculous that these idiots make up such a story just to get you to send them money.[/quote2615af2741]

umm...u don't necessity send them money. They have "millions" remember. These scams are meant to give them ur bank account infos so they can send u millions of $$$.

Jeremiah1218

05-03-2008 14:55:16

Well once I went along with it just to see what they would say and the guy e-mailed me back sayin to send $300 to him at whatever address as a "processing" fee and then he would put the millions in my bank account lol...

Gigante

05-03-2008 17:13:45

How do you know it's a scam? Did you try it? If not, forward me the info.

tucker1003

05-03-2008 20:07:05

God I left this forum for an hour going through the scambaiter sites. Awesome, I found a new career!! I'm going to have to bring out the good old name of Beavers, Harry as my scambaiters name

unknown uchiha

07-03-2008 15:26:51

They've done worse. Scambaiting ftw.

thescambaiter.com
419eater.com

I've been scambaiting for about a year now, it's hilarious D

Jeremiah1218

08-03-2008 01:51:02

[quote74c69ab19c="Gigante"]How do you know it's a scam? Did you try it? If not, forward me the info.[/quote74c69ab19c]

I know its a scam because if you win money why would you have to pay them anything? Would you send them $300 or whatever it is hoping that maybe they're gonna stick 2 million in your bank account?

As for the info...I'm actually surprised you don't get these e-mails already because I started gettin em after I got into freebies and it seems a lot of other people get em as well so I figured they're gettin our e-mails from the offers we do or somethin...anyways, all of the messages are pretty similar to the one in the original post just with different people/scenarios so thats another reason I would never trust it.

zr2152

09-03-2008 20:19:39

GOOD DAY TO YOU,
GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF GOD,
My name is Mrs. Jennifer Woodward. I am a dying woman who has decided to
donate what I have to you/church. I am 59 years old and I was diagnosed
for cancer for about 2 years ago, immediately after the death of my
husband, who has left me everything he worked for. I have been touched by
God to donate from what I have inherited from my late
husband to you for the good work of God, rather than allow my relatives to
use my husband hard earned funds ungodly.

Please pray that the good Lord forgive me my sins. I have asked God to
forgive me and I believe He has because He is a merciful God. I will be
going in for an operation in less than a month and I decided to
WILL/donate the sum of £250,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand British
Pounds) to you for the good work of the Lord, and also to help the
motherless and less privilege and also for the assistance of the widows.

At the moment I cannot take any telephone calls due to the fact that my
relatives are around me and my health status. If you are a Godly person,
please contact my Account Officer and he will arrange the transfer of the
funds from my account to your preferred account. I wish you all the best
and may the good Lord bless you abundantly, and
PLEASE use the funds well and always extend the good work to others.
Contact my Account Officer of Nationwide bank Plc on both email addresses
below-

Account Officer; Richard Green
NATIONWIDE BANK PLC
HEAD OFFICE Nationwide Bank Plc. Address, 39 Piccadilly Manchester M1 1NB,
email= email=nationwideonplc@hotmail.comnationwideonplc@hotmail.com email=nationwideonplc@hotmail.comnationwideonplc@hotmail.com/email
email==nationwidenoplc@live.comnationwidenoplc@live.com=nationwidenoplc@live.comnationwidenoplc@live.com/email
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Tel +447011140499
+447024037402

You are required to contact my Account Officer with the following
information below
Full Names;
Address;
Telephone number;

A scanned copy of your International Passport or driver’s license or any
valid form of identification if available should be sent along.

Mrs. Jennifer Woodward.
email==jenniferwoodward2@hotmail.comjenniferwoodward2@hotmail.com=jenniferwoodward2@hotmail.comjenniferwoodward2@hotmail.com/email
CC Account Officer
Richard Green
Nationwide Bank Plc

TravMan162

09-03-2008 20:30:14

i'm so confused

samz465

09-03-2008 21:25:05

That's disgusting.

unknown uchiha

10-03-2008 23:30:57

Hey if anyone's down for it, we should do a collaborative bait on somebody and see how far it goes. I'd personally like to freight bait them (that is, have everyone on FiPG send one person all the junk they can find and mail it to the lad, make him pay hundreds of dollars in freight charges in cash, then have him realize we shipped him bricks and broken electronics that can't be used! Then we do it again claiming one of us messed up the shipment!)

If anyone's interested, here's how I'm planning this

I'll start a new thread on Nigerian Scammers. It'll be a bait thread, so I'll be posting updates and you guys can just comment on it. We'll have like five to ten+ people in on this too. You guys will be my "employees" for something like "FiPG Phones and Laptops" (Lads love electronics by the way. And "lad" stands for what we call Nigerian scammers haha). We'll toss the guy around to a few of you to yell at him/bash him/whatever and then convince him that we're going to make him an international reseller of FiPG-brand phones and laptops.

What we do then is once we get his shipping info we FORCE him into paying for shipping on the spot. We get HIM to call DHL and send them to US, pick up the junk we gather in a big box or two, then ship it to him. From there on out, DHL will hold his goods until he brings them cash (they only do cash in Nigeria due to the huge amounts of fraud). The lad will then spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars, and realize that he just received some garbage.

He'll be mad. If we play our cards right and pretend to be sympathetic, we can freight him AGAIN claiming that one of the "employees" of FiPG Phones and Laptops "sabotaged" the package and that we're getting a different employee to ship it this time. Lad sends DHL to them, repeat.

And go on until he gets frustrated/pissed/hopefully too afraid to ever send another Nigerian scam letter to anyone again.

Anyone down?

zr2152

10-03-2008 23:53:55

anyway to get him to send us money so that we can profit from this?

unknown uchiha

11-03-2008 09:47:56

[quote498a06d3ab="zr2152"]anyway to get him to send us money so that we can profit from this?[/quote498a06d3ab]

Not really. It's illegal to get money from the guy (and on top of that it's not in a lad's personality to send real money). The most we'd get is a fake Western Union money order or cheque. Actually, it could get to the point where he steals a person's checkbook and uses their funds to pay us. Also, note that he'd have one of our real addresses if this happens.

The goal is to come up with fake personas and fake addresses (preferably close to where we live) and have him send DHL to an alternate location to pick up crap from us at. The game is to not let them know our real identities and real locations so in the event that we screw him over pretty good and he happens to have goons living Stateside, he won't be able to find us in case. Fake names, fake addresses, fake "self-portraits", fake (Skype?) phone numbers, etc. have to be used =P

EatChex89

11-03-2008 11:45:39

Not really worth it unless you CAN find an alternative location, even then it's unlikely that it will get far unless you know what you are doing.

unknown uchiha

11-03-2008 12:37:43

The guy from Thescambaiter is able to pull this off. He tells the scammer to send DHL to one location and works in collaboration with DHL to come to his actual business storefront =P

samz465

11-03-2008 12:41:40

[quote4238eb35b1="unknown uchiha"]The guy from Thescambaiter is able to pull this off. He tells the scammer to send DHL to one location and works in collaboration with DHL to come to his actual business storefront =P[/quote4238eb35b1]
Yeah, actually I read that big thread the other night. I thought it was pretty darn clever.

He told the guy he was baiting that an employee completely screwed up the order.
He also got the guy to take pictures of himself in ridiculous poses.

EatChex89

11-03-2008 14:57:58

[quotea85d92c28a="unknown uchiha"]The guy from Thescambaiter is able to pull this off. He tells the scammer to send DHL to one location and works in collaboration with DHL to come to his actual business storefront =P[/quotea85d92c28a]

right but he has two things we don't

1) plans and knowhow
2) a business front

the business being one of the key features.

unknown uchiha

11-03-2008 16:54:01

He runs an actual business. His fake laptop front has a website that's open to all scambaiters to use freely. It's not too hard to bait a lad, I've strung one along for about three months before getting bored with him.

Jeremiah1218

16-03-2008 13:39:55

I'm down for sure....I think itd be funny as hell to scam these guys like that.

Requiem

16-03-2008 16:04:05

They have hit an all-time low. I received that e-mail as well as I almost threw-up from the guilt trip that they try to place people in.