DVD dilemma...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74012

JKirk

23-02-2008 15:55:30

Alright, I've got a TV stand and it's got room for devices/DVD's but my collection has grown and I'm running out of room for DVD's. Does anybody have a cool stand/cabinet or something that they use to keep their DVD's? I don't have a lot of space to work with so keep that in mind. What about wall mounted shelves? They look fancy but they are like $100+. Anybody have one of those?

PS Hairyferry, build me one! shock

TravMan162

25-02-2008 17:42:30

unfortunately I can't help you out, but you may get more attention in the For Sale/ Hot deals section.

But, I'm an avid DVD collector myself, but I know everyone's going to be spread pretty thin for cash soon, and I'm thinking about voting some off the island and EBaying the ones I know I'm never going to watch again.... It's rough though, you know how it is, they are really hard to part with for some reason.

EatChex89

25-02-2008 17:56:57

[quoteba77d23a28="TravMan162"][bba77d23a28]unfortunately I can't help you out,[/bba77d23a28] but you may get more attention in the For Sale/ Hot deals section.

But, I'm an avid DVD collector myself, but I know everyone's going to be spread pretty thin for cash soon, and I'm thinking about voting some off the island and EBaying the ones I know I'm never going to watch again.... It's rough though, you know how it is, they are really hard to part with for some reason.[/quoteba77d23a28]

just trying to increase your post count, eh?

guelah75

25-02-2008 18:37:35

lililiLINKlilili[=http//www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8287221&type=product&id=1171672959920]lililiLINKlilili

i had this for dvds storage and liked it, think you can get it cheaper elsewhere

TravMan162

25-02-2008 18:47:36

[quote51febb40a5="EatChex89"][quote51febb40a5="TravMan162"][b51febb40a5]unfortunately I can't help you out,[/b51febb40a5] but you may get more attention in the For Sale/ Hot deals section.

But, I'm an avid DVD collector myself, but I know everyone's going to be spread pretty thin for cash soon, and I'm thinking about voting some off the island and EBaying the ones I know I'm never going to watch again.... It's rough though, you know how it is, they are really hard to part with for some reason.[/quote51febb40a5]

just trying to increase your post count, eh?[/quote51febb40a5]

eh... ditto? and to think I just gave you credit in another thread for having one of the top three funniest pictures on here... sheesh you think you know a person ;)

ACTUALLY. you can find pretty classy dvd holders in places you wouldn't think to look. Walmart and Target, Target especially has actually really nice stuff for pretty damn cheap. Definitely way under $100... Some assembly is required, but I mean, any idiot with a Philip's Head can do it. Check them out on your next stroll through the mall.

slambam

25-02-2008 19:36:27

My brother has a rather small bookcase that he uses. It actually looks pretty good, works well, and I bet you can find a smaller book case for pretty cheap if you look. Either way, I'd check of Wal-Mart or a place like that. I got a pretty nice TV stand (looks good and does it's job) at Wal-Mart for like $70 back last March/April. I don't worry about DVD shelfs and TV stands being too durable (as long as there sturdy obviously), because they don't take much wear and tear, they just sit there.

JKirk

25-02-2008 20:04:42

Thanks for the links, if I don't break down and get something to put on the wall then I will have to get a small bookcase or something. I kind of like that metal one but it's too big. (

slambam

25-02-2008 20:18:02

Actually I have a metal one like the one posted here except about half the size. I got it for a gift not too long ago, holds about 100 DVD's. I believe that was bought at Wal-Mart also, I tried googling around but can't find it onlne at all.

guelah75

25-02-2008 20:55:00

lililiLINKlilili[=http//www.amazon.com/Atlantic-3533-5009-Elf-Multimedia-Rack/dp/B000264JZ4/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b]lililiLINKlilili

Half size of the first rack

EatChex89

25-02-2008 21:04:23

[quoteebd4dfeb87="TravMan162"][quoteebd4dfeb87="EatChex89"][quoteebd4dfeb87="TravMan162"][bebd4dfeb87]unfortunately I can't help you out,[/bebd4dfeb87] but you may get more attention in the For Sale/ Hot deals section.

But, I'm an avid DVD collector myself, but I know everyone's going to be spread pretty thin for cash soon, and I'm thinking about voting some off the island and EBaying the ones I know I'm never going to watch again.... It's rough though, you know how it is, they are really hard to part with for some reason.[/quoteebd4dfeb87]

just trying to increase your post count, eh?[/quoteebd4dfeb87]

eh... ditto? and to think I just gave you credit in another thread for having one of the top three funniest pictures on here... sheesh you think you know a person ;)

ACTUALLY. you can find pretty classy dvd holders in places you wouldn't think to look. Walmart and Target, Target especially has actually really nice stuff for pretty damn cheap. Definitely way under $100... Some assembly is required, but I mean, any idiot with a Philip's Head can do it. Check them out on your next stroll through the mall.[/quoteebd4dfeb87]

1) my post count is inflated enough
2) i missed the thread

TryinToGetPaid

26-02-2008 06:16:54

Why not just cut some wood, stain it to match your other furniture and buy some brackets and mount it to the wall? You save an ass load of money and you get to build something and show it off.

JKirk

26-02-2008 12:42:57

[quote620d099728="TryinToGetPaid"]Why not just cut some wood, stain it to match your other furniture and buy some brackets and mount it to the wall? You save an ass load of money and you get to build something and show it off.[/quote620d099728]

Don't want to run the risk of breaking a nail, idiot.

TryinToGetPaid

26-02-2008 13:20:17

Horrible. Just horrible. From moving to a house, I learned its much cheaper and sometimes even easier to build than to buy.

CollidgeGraduit

26-02-2008 14:07:35

I can't wait to get into a house and start my collection of woodworking stuff. That's probably what I miss most about pre-college days. My dad had tons of stuff for woodworking, so I could spend an entire day building something. Thankfully we're ready financially, just waiting for our current lease to be up, and for the right house to become available.

TravMan162

26-02-2008 14:39:03

[quote4856eb7448="CollidgeGraduit"]I can't wait to get into a house and start my collection of woodworking stuff. That's probably what I miss most about pre-college days. My dad had tons of stuff for woodworking, so I could spend an entire day building something. Thankfully we're ready financially, just waiting for our current lease to be up, and for the right house to become available.[/quote4856eb7448]

I'm selling mine. Real nice, I'll sell it to you real cheap. Get me out of here I live with a nutcase.

TryinToGetPaid

26-02-2008 15:20:30

CG I hear ya, my dad loves to build shit, anything from decks to the entire house and working with him I have picked up quite a bit of knowledge of how shit works and to put something together correctly. Even though this is only a rent house, everything I change is deducted from my rent, and I am paying only 100 dollars this first month for rent for all the things we have done / fixed up.

tucker1003

26-02-2008 15:51:04

I got 2 wall mounted shelves from Ikea which held 70 DVDs each right between 2 7' bookcases which held my remainder, I had to get a 3rd shelf and now I gotta find a new way to store my collection. Mounting to the wall looks great but make sure you have room to grow. They have those really cool long shelves that look like a ~ instead of - they hold a lot.

JKirk

26-02-2008 18:10:34

[quote4f8b9dcc09="tucker1003"]I got 2 wall mounted shelves from Ikea which held 70 DVDs each right between 2 7' bookcases which held my remainder, I had to get a 3rd shelf and now I gotta find a new way to store my collection. Mounting to the wall looks great but make sure you have room to grow. They have those really cool long shelves that look like a ~ instead of - they hold a lot.[/quote4f8b9dcc09]

Yeah, the one I like from Ikea can only be bought in stores though. (

JKirk

27-02-2008 11:24:40

In other DVD news, I've got another question. I've got 3-4 DVD's that I've lost the cases for. Does anybody know if it's illegal to print covers for them? I'm thinking about getting a professional company to print them since my color printer is bogus

http//mixonic.com

tucker1003

27-02-2008 20:31:30

Never heard of print being illegal, You do have the Original DVD so what does the cover matter. IF you have the Original you can copy as long as you still have the original. Covers, I say no problem! Just let your PRo printer "if he questions it" know that you do have the original.