How do I blur a text in a screenshot

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=72228

sun-flower

17-12-2007 07:45:14

Hi,

I have seen all this neat stuff they do with screenshot images and was wondering how everyone does it. If I have a screen shot of my paypal history and I want to put in my proof pictures how do I blur the email addresses and any other info I don't want others to see? I have also seen where they highlight certain sections, how is that done? I have paint and assuming it can be done with it. If not I also have Paint Shop Pro XI.

Thanks,
Veronica

dmorris68

17-12-2007 08:43:43

MS Paint won't have a blur feature, but you can just paint a solid color over the part you're trying to obscure. You can fill a rectangle selection, or use the airbrush tool.

Just about any higher-end photo editing software, including Paint Shop Pro, will have blur features. Look for Gaussian Blur or something similar in the menus. Just select the region, and apply a pretty high blur factor.

sun-flower

17-12-2007 09:48:31

[quote0f0bd3234b="dmorris68"]MS Paint won't have a blur feature, but you can just paint a solid color over the part you're trying to obscure. You can fill a rectangle selection, or use the airbrush tool.

Just about any higher-end photo editing software, including Paint Shop Pro, will have blur features. Look for Gaussian Blur or something similar in the menus. Just select the region, and apply a pretty high blur factor.[/quote0f0bd3234b]

OK David,

Thanks, I have Paint Shop Pro. So I will try it. Thanks a bunch for all your help.

Happy Holidays,
Veronica

ChrisDeals

24-12-2007 18:57:40

[quote90a8477fc2="sun-flower"][quote90a8477fc2="dmorris68"]MS Paint won't have a blur feature, but you can just paint a solid color over the part you're trying to obscure. You can fill a rectangle selection, or use the airbrush tool.

Just about any higher-end photo editing software, including Paint Shop Pro, will have blur features. Look for Gaussian Blur or something similar in the menus. Just select the region, and apply a pretty high blur factor.[/quote90a8477fc2]

[/quote90a8477fc2]

Thanks for the tip!