Ranting, Mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70867

sjbppd

31-10-2007 07:25:57

How does anyone person do but so many DIY sites without running out of offers to do?

Which is better, DIY sites, Referral Sites, or Point sites?

Please help, I'm trying to understand how people start out on here. This is crazy. Here I am racking my brain trying to be an honest trader, and I get "1" yes one trade every once in a blue. While everyone else is raking in the dough.

What the "CLUCK" is going on here.

What's the secret?

HELP, I'm just about ready to give up on this damn trading thing all together (

Only experienced traders, NO SCAMMERS (who are willing to be my mentor FREE OF CHARGE) need reply.

And for all of you who don't want to share your secrets. FINE. I'll just go cry )

But seriously, I can't seem to figure this thing out. I've tried everything

sjbppd

dmorris68

31-10-2007 07:43:46

You'd be surprised -- there are many dozens of incentivized offers going on at any given time. While there are some stable long-running offers like Blockbuster and Video Professor that never go away, about 75-80% are highly volatile and change constantly. I've completed at least five I-Deal sites in about 20 months or so, and have never duplicated an offer. When I do run dry, I just take 3-6 months off and then check again. Sure enough, there'll be at least another 12-15 offers that weren't there when I last looked. There's an awful lot of offer turnover as time goes on.

Now those that complete 10 different DIY sites within a month or two? Yeah, those people are duping something, and you can never convince me otherwise. But over the course of a year or two, 10 DIY's would certainly be possible.

sandra habina

31-10-2007 08:37:00

Trading is slow for referral sites lately, maybe the season change or just so many new traders coming in with 0 TR and posting for referrals - rather than trying out a few trades first and learning how to do this correctly. Or the fact that so many new sites are opening and giving free greens, so new traders do not have to do sites with more experienced traders on the forums. Not sure dear - but it all does take time - think positive and hang in there. Good luck to you.

bballp6699

31-10-2007 09:54:44

[quotebd2a24f7ca="sjbppd"]How does anyone person do but so many DIY sites without running out of offers to do?[/quotebd2a24f7ca]

We've had this thread before and I stick by my original statement. If someone is doing more than average amounts of DYI sites. They are more than likely repeating offers.

topbillin1

31-10-2007 13:16:12

Referral sites are very slow right now but DIY is a pretty long wait so I guess it depends on how fast you want your gift.

J4320

31-10-2007 13:19:11

What the "cluck" you say? You know, you [ic7b6e276a3]can[/ic7b6e276a3] cuss on this forum if you want to you know. ;)

What the cluck sounds like something my little middle school brother would say. lol

As for doing tons of DIY sites, yeah, there is a high chance they are repeating offers. However, some networks like I-Deal let you repeat offers every 6 months (someone correct me if I'm wrong; it's been a while since I looked into DIY stuff). I'm not quite sure how that works with the advertiser though; if they know you're the same person they could revoke your credit if they wanted to.

sjbppd

31-10-2007 15:46:48

[quotecf4cf36910="J4320"]What the "cluck" you say? You know, you [icf4cf36910]can[/icf4cf36910] cuss on this forum if you want to you know. ;)

What the cluck sounds like something my little middle school brother would say. lol

As for doing tons of DIY sites, yeah, there is a high chance they are repeating offers. However, some networks like I-Deal let you repeat offers every 6 months (someone correct me if I'm wrong; it's been a while since I looked into DIY stuff). I'm not quite sure how that works with the advertiser though; if they know you're the same person they could revoke your credit if they wanted to.[/quotecf4cf36910]

I'm not in the habit of "cussing". It just doesn't become me. Cluck was used in humor, not as a replacement word.

But anyway can I really make enough money here to quick my job, and if so how?

stueybaby17

31-10-2007 16:05:54

[quotedefa5e9610="sjbppd"][quotedefa5e9610="J4320"]What the "cluck" you say? You know, you [idefa5e9610]can[/idefa5e9610] cuss on this forum if you want to you know. ;)

As for doing tons of DIY sites, yeah, there is a high chance they are repeating offers. However, some networks like I-Deal let you repeat offers every 6 months (someone correct me if I'm wrong; it's been a while since I looked into DIY stuff). I'm not quite sure how that works with the advertiser though; if they know you're the same person they could revoke your credit if they wanted to.[/quotedefa5e9610]

I'm not in the habit of "cussing". It just doesn't become me. Cluck was used in humor, not as a replacement word.

But anyway can I really make enough money here to quick my job, and if so how?[/quotedefa5e9610]

No you cannot make enough money to quit your job. You can make a little bit of extra spending cash, but you can't make enough to quit working. Especially with how slow trading has been.

stueybaby17

31-10-2007 16:07:36

[quote7b9d09322c="J4320"]What the "cluck" you say? You know, you [i7b9d09322c]can[/i7b9d09322c] cuss on this forum if you want to you know. ;)

As for doing tons of DIY sites, yeah, there is a high chance they are repeating offers. However, some networks like I-Deal let you repeat offers every 6 months (someone correct me if I'm wrong; it's been a while since I looked into DIY stuff). I'm not quite sure how that works with the advertiser though; if they know you're the same person they could revoke your credit if they wanted to.[/quote7b9d09322c]

I'm not sure exactly but I know there are some advertisors who also agree that you may do the same offer 1 time every 6 months or a year, depending on the advertiser. And I'm not sure exactly which advertisers do this.

aviendha47

31-10-2007 18:32:04

clucking = fucking = still cussing

dmorris68

31-10-2007 19:45:19

[quote821b00d61e="sjbppd"]But anyway can I really make enough money here to quick my job, and if so how?[/quote821b00d61e]
I'll reiterate previous posters as well as repeat what I've been trying to get across to a lot of newbies lately

NO!!! Completing freebie sites is not a consistent and reliable source of income, even if trading is good. There are only so many sites, and so many offers, and with what greens are charging in trade plus the inevitable losses to scammers, you'd be very lucky to net 50% of all payouts as profit. I don't know what your job pays, but if you were bringing home, say $1000 a month now, do you realize how much trading and sites you'd have to complete to net that amount every single month? It would be crazy. The first month or two would probably be easy. Maybe three or four. Beyond that, keeping it going at the same intensity? Forget it.

Plus this scene waxes and wanes worse than the stock market. And that would be a relevant analogy to make the point would you quit your job to ride the stock market if you didn't have some massive capital in place to support you on your way? Of course not. And as long as you make good decisions and the market doesn't completely crash, you can play the stock market practically forever. It would be hella consistent compared to freebie site completion.

As was mentioned, freebie site income is great for bonus money. Christmas or vacation funds (provided you start early enough). Stuff like that. Not for rent/grocery/heat money though.

bballp6699

31-10-2007 19:46:51

Too late. No more flipping burgers for me!

sjbppd

31-10-2007 19:58:57

[quoteaeaeef1c06="aviendha47"]clucking = fucking = still cussing[/quoteaeaeef1c06]

LMAO

sjbppd

31-10-2007 20:03:15

[quote7a461dd0d9="dmorris68"][quote7a461dd0d9="sjbppd"]But anyway can I really make enough money here to quick my job, and if so how?[/quote7a461dd0d9]
I'll reiterate previous posters as well as repeat what I've been trying to get across to a lot of newbies lately

NO!!! Completing freebie sites is not a consistent and reliable source of income, even if trading is good. There are only so many sites, and so many offers, and with what greens are charging in trade plus the inevitable losses to scammers, you'd be very lucky to net 50% of all payouts as profit. I don't know what your job pays, but if you were bringing home, say $1000 a month now, do you realize how much trading and sites you'd have to complete to net that amount every single month? It would be crazy. The first month or two would probably be easy. Maybe three or four. Beyond that, keeping it going at the same intensity? Forget it.

Plus this scene waxes and wanes worse than the stock market. And that would be a relevant analogy to make the point would you quit your job to ride the stock market if you didn't have some massive capital in place to support you on your way? Of course not. And as long as you make good decisions and the market doesn't completely crash, you can play the stock market practically forever. It would be hella consistent compared to freebie site completion.

As was mentioned, freebie site income is great for bonus money. Christmas or vacation funds (provided you start early enough). Stuff like that. Not for rent/grocery/heat money though.[/quote7a461dd0d9]

Okay, okay. Thanks for the reality check. I guess I needed that. It's just that I absolutely hate working.

JordanE

31-10-2007 20:50:10

dmorris said hella lol

I agree aswell freebies are olny good for alittle extra cash like a few K a year or for expensive items that you couldn't justify buying yourself like $400 ipods or $600 phones.

Iloveipods2

31-10-2007 23:05:41

[quote33d4483ef1="sjbppd"][quote33d4483ef1="dmorris68"][quote33d4483ef1="sjbppd"]But anyway can I really make enough money here to quick my job, and if so how?[/quote33d4483ef1]

As was mentioned, freebie site income is great for bonus money. Christmas or vacation funds (provided you start early enough). Stuff like that. Not for rent/grocery/heat money though.[/quote33d4483ef1]

Okay, okay. Thanks for the reality check. I guess I needed that. It's just that [b33d4483ef1]I absolutely hate working[/b33d4483ef1].[/quote33d4483ef1]

roll
well unless you already have a cool million waiting for you, you're not going to get very far in life.

.....................or you could go the spiritual path and release yourself from all material possesions.... roll

condra

01-11-2007 06:17:06

or you can get a job that you LIKE. seems like the thing to do wink

Gigante

01-11-2007 09:16:37

Dude, take the plunge. Quit the job and do freebie sites. Only n00bs work.

Rey

01-11-2007 21:05:18

[quote1e39a12e23="Gigante"]Dude, take the plunge. Quit the job and do freebie sites. Only n00bs work.[/quote1e39a12e23]

Rofl. Man, that's funny but lets jump back to the real world. When I started reading about Freebie websites, instead of reading more on how annoying it is to keep track of each offer you make, (especially if you're lazy and have ADHD with it) I was looking at how much people made instead, like the brag forum... I was like, wow this guy made 4,000 dollars! Then I went on and bragged to my friends how I can make that much in very little time, now you see me here doing offers with some people and I'm spazzing out already over 5 dollars.

I guess it takes time to earn a quick buck, and if you want to continue making money on the business you might as well open your own freebie website like most successful traders do.

For the topic starter... hmm, green for people... you'll end up spending money for greening, but you'll get it back... try to spend the same amount every time and save the little left from that amount then start doing referrals. And if I'm not wrong, if you make over 600 dollars from each website with referrals you'll have to pay taxes so if you end with no sites left, make your own >.> I think that's what people do.

dmorris68

02-11-2007 10:12:51

Rev, all freebie income is taxable whether you make $600 or not. The $600 threshold is just for the vendor to collect a W9, it doesn't absolve you of the responsibility of reporting all your taxable income.

manOFice

02-11-2007 10:27:33

[quote724c267020="Rey"][quote724c267020="Gigante"]Dude, take the plunge. Quit the job and do freebie sites. Only n00bs work.[/quote724c267020]

Rofl. Man, that's funny but lets jump back to the real world. When I started reading about Freebie websites, instead of reading more on how annoying it is to keep track of each offer you make, (especially if you're lazy and have ADHD with it) I was looking at how much people made instead, like the brag forum... I was like, wow this guy made 4,000 dollars! Then I went on and bragged to my friends how I can make that much in very little time, now you see me here doing offers with some people and I'm spazzing out already over 5 dollars.

I guess it takes time to earn a quick buck, and[b724c267020] if you want to continue making money on the business you might as well open your own freebie website like most successful traders do. [/b724c267020]

For the topic starter... hmm, green for people... you'll end up spending money for greening, but you'll get it back... try to spend the same amount every time and save the little left from that amount then start doing referrals. And if I'm not wrong, if you make over 600 dollars from each website with referrals you'll have to pay taxes so if you end with no sites left, make your own >.> I think that's what people do.[/quote724c267020]

And that is where the problem lays...

J4320

02-11-2007 13:15:19

[quote575d0591cd="manOFice"][quote575d0591cd="Rey"][quote575d0591cd="Gigante"]Dude, take the plunge. Quit the job and do freebie sites. Only n00bs work.[/quote575d0591cd]

I guess it takes time to earn a quick buck, and[b575d0591cd] if you want to continue making money on the business you might as well open your own freebie website like most successful traders do. [/b575d0591cd]

For the topic starter... hmm, green for people... you'll end up spending money for greening, but you'll get it back... try to spend the same amount every time and save the little left from that amount then start doing referrals. And if I'm not wrong, if you make over 600 dollars from each website with referrals you'll have to pay taxes so if you end with no sites left, make your own >.> I think that's what people do.[/quote575d0591cd]

And that is where the problem lays...[/quote575d0591cd]

I can't fret enough about how I hate some of the new things that have crept in. Obviously, all of these new free sites is one of the annoying things. Another annoying thing is the whole overall "condescending-yet-friendly" attitude that a lot of traders have. "NEWBIES CLICK HERE I'M AN EXPERT AND I CAN OFFER FREE NEWBIE TRAINING! LET ME BE YOUR MENTOR!!!" (you're obviously too stupid to grasp how this simple concept works, so let me help you out while throwing my links in your face)

1st - It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp.
2nd - You sound absolutely retarded when you talk about "newbie training."
3rd - You're just as much of an expert as the next guy who took the time to read up on the basics (for the most part).
4th - I doubt these "mentors[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64049]mentors" would help someone without trying to promote their own interests.

Obviously it isn't too big of a deal but for some reason it is just a pet peeve of mine when I see an 8TR member offering "newbie training."

sjbppd

02-11-2007 14:58:04

Okay guys, calm down now.

I really didn't expect this to turn into posting war.

I have to agree with the poster that has a problem with all of the new freebie sites. And it does get kind of crazy seeing all of these traders with no more than a 10TR offering training.

skepticalcynic

04-11-2007 20:22:56

I really don't understand why so many people have a problem with new sites/networks. It seems to me that since you can sign up for all of them, it's more and more opportunity to get free gifts or to make more spare change.

I can kind of see it if the sites all offer the same 20 offers and/or the same 5 free gifts, but if there is diversity and frequent change in those 2 areas, then what's the issue? In the last week I've greened on 3 new sites and had no problems because the offers have changed since 6 months ago - and I was actually excited about the offers I did. I also enjoy having a large range of available sites.

Can someone please explain to me why this is considered an injury to the freebie world?

gnznroses

05-11-2007 16:14:25

[quotee056dd2449="dmorris68"]You'd be surprised -- there are many dozens of incentivized offers going on at any given time. [be056dd2449]While there are some stable long-running offers like Blockbuster and Video Professor that never go away, about 75-80% are highly volatile and change constantly. I've completed at least five I-Deal sites in about 20 months or so, and have never duplicated an offer. When I do run dry, I just take 3-6 months off and then check again. Sure enough, there'll be at least another 12-15 offers that weren't there when I last looked.[/be056dd2449] There's an awful lot of offer turnover as time goes on.

Now those that complete 10 different DIY sites within a month or two? Yeah, those people are duping something, and you can never convince me otherwise. But over the course of a year or two, 10 DIY's would certainly be possible.[/quotee056dd2449]

iDeal seems to be the worst about adding new offers though. my brother did his first iDeal site the other day and i helped him out, explaining stuff and whatnot, and the offer list on there was basically the same as it's always been about 6 vertrue offers, netflix, blockbuster, the scholastic offers, freecreditreport, etc. there might've been just enough new ones that i could squeek out 10 offers, but it was for a laptop and i don't need another. i really wish iDeal would switch up offers as much as other sites (myself included) do.

Blink182=Gone

06-11-2007 15:09:44

[quote87c13f2824="skepticalcynic"]I really don't understand why so many people have a problem with new sites/networks. It seems to me that since you can sign up for all of them, it's more and more opportunity to get free gifts or to make more spare change.

Can someone please explain to me why this is considered an injury to the freebie world?[/quote87c13f2824]

"New" sites are not necessarily an injury to the freebie world. The problem is when "traders" aka the ordinary person, decides to use their extra web hosting to create a freebie site. I've been in the freebie scene for some time now and can tell you that these homemade freebie sites virtually never last, no matter how promising they look. [b87c13f2824]Typically they end up closing in <6 months and the owner runs off with all the proceeds.[/b87c13f2824] [i87c13f2824]That [/i87c13f2824]is where the problem is...

Any vets remember the FreeNotebookPC.com[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=13317&highlight=freenotebookpc]FreeNotebookPC.com situation with Mr Sofa Sets[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=375]Mr Sofa Sets ?

sandra habina

06-11-2007 17:39:26

I don't think the problem is new sites as it is the free greens given out constantly - the new traders are grabbing those instead of greening for others. So many new traders with 0 TR posting for referrals is a problem - just my opinion. I would like to see a rule that new traders must have TR 4 before posting any trading post threads for referrals, this way they would be working with more experienced traders and less scamming going on and hopefully grasp the freebie scene better.
(exception - traders who can prove TR from another current forum)

just a thought.

condra

08-11-2007 04:42:55

[quotef4e6525d8a="sandra habina"]I don't think the problem is new sites as it is the free greens given out constantly - the new traders are grabbing those instead of greening for others. So many new traders with 0 TR posting for referrals is a problem - just my opinion. I would like to see a rule that new traders must have TR 4 before posting any trading post threads for referrals, this way they would be working with more experienced traders and less scamming going on and hopefully grasp the freebie scene better.
(exception - traders who can prove TR from another current forum)

just a thought.[/quotef4e6525d8a]

well i don't really agree with that, i think everyone should be able to trade with anyone. it is your choice to READ the info before trading. and then, if you decide you wanna get scammed, go for it! that's the way ppl learn anyway, by doing mistakes.

and the free green thing, doesn't it harm the site's profit to a certain extent?