Blockbuster Problem... Anything I can do?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70778

bruman

28-10-2007 14:16:21

So I was meeting up with a friend over in a nearby city and rented a Playstation 3 game from Blockbuster over there.

I had my friend borrow it and he said he would return it for me. The day before it was due, he returned it to our local blockbuster (not the one I originally rented it from).

Then, a few days ago, I received a letter from "Credit Protection Association, L.P." saying I owed $42.39 to Blockbuster. Now, I called the store that I returned it to about this and they said it was their policy if it was returned to another blockbuster store they deliver it to the store that it was due at. So yesterday I went into the blockbuster store that I originally rented the game from and asked them about the letter I received in the mail. He brought me over to a computer and looked up my account. He told me their store received the game back, but since it was after 37 days I am now obligated to buy it (hence, the $42 charge). I explained to him that it was accidentally returned to the other blockbuster store.. but he said it has to be in our store by 37 days or they will charge you. I told him it was returned within the due date at the other store.. so isn't it the OTHER store's fault because they took 30 days to ship it back to you? He said no, it's your fault because you returned it to the wrong store.

I really do not want to buy this game.. I don't even have a Playstation 3 so it would be no good for me anyhow. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

stueybaby17

28-10-2007 14:42:35

Look up the actual rules of another blockbuster returing a video game. The guy may be wrong and screwing you over. But if it is actually in the terms that the origional blockbuster must have the game then I dunno what to tell you.

aviendha47

28-10-2007 14:55:05

Can the blockbuster it was returned to verify for the one it was supposed to go to that it had been returned on time?

samz465

28-10-2007 15:17:41

I would call their corporate office and complain.
They shouldn't charge you a late payment if you handed it in on time.
Though, I would still double check their policy on how it works when returning to a different store before calling.

-Samad

bballp6699

28-10-2007 15:19:03

I didn't think they charged you the full amount if you bring back the game. If it's more than a week after the due date, usually they charge you a fee, but not the full price. I may be wrong though.

zr2152

28-10-2007 19:00:30

If you call corporate and complain, they wont charge you. It is like all businesses, ask to speak to their supervisor. Their main goal is customer satisfaction.

samz465

28-10-2007 19:57:50

[quotebb38246e50="zr2152"]If you call corporate and complain, they wont charge you. It is like all businesses, ask to speak to their supervisor. Their main goal is customer satisfaction.[/quotebb38246e50]
Exactly.
Worst comes to worst, threaten them by saying you're switching to Netflix and/or Hollywood Video.

-Samad

manOFice

29-10-2007 06:42:28

[quotec532fd46b6="zr2152"]If you call corporate and complain, they wont charge you. It is like all businesses, ask to speak to their supervisor. Their main goal is customer satisfaction.[/quotec532fd46b6]

Agreed

EatChex89

29-10-2007 13:32:05

We don't have "the end of late fees" program anymore, ours have 5-day rentals and you are supposed to turn it to the store you rent it from.