My '05 TSX just got hit real bad... nearly totalled...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70494

theman2005

18-10-2007 19:58:56

Really wasn't my day today.... There was hail today earlier today as well.

Anyways, as I was slowly coming out of the alley and a VW Jetta was reversing at what seems to be "FULL SPEED" without looking at all and rear ended into my right side fender/bumper.

Glass is cracked, light fixures completely crushed, fender's crushed, bumper's dangling on the floor, and the wheel completely bend out of shape about 45 degrees towards the engine. I have a few bruises on my left side of the body now. The women immediately came out and apologized.

Anyways, I'm talking with insurance about the claims now......... I'm now car-less....... (

One of the worst days of my life.....

stueybaby17

18-10-2007 20:06:57

that sucks really bad... at least it wasn't your fault and you weren't hurt too badly

got any pics?

theman2005

18-10-2007 20:10:31

I had no camera at the time and it was real dark outside (

I'm having it towed over to a repair shop a few blocks from me, so perhaps I can drop by to take photos.

This is the third crash with my Acura..... first time, left fender got smashed by some car making a fast lane change without looking, second time, some guy in the back didn't see me stopped and rear ended me at over 20mph.

samz465

18-10-2007 22:31:20

Ouch man.
Something similar just happened to my friend the other day.
Make sure you take pics of everything though.

-Samad

ajasax

18-10-2007 22:55:54

It always sucks to deal with collisions like that. My VW Passat was totaled in July and I'm still hassling with the gap company to pay off the rest of the loan. Also, not sure if you know this, but if your insurance company cuts you a check for the repairs, you can go anywhere you want, not just their "recommended" shops.

theman2005

19-10-2007 11:22:04

[quote38f34de7ec="ajasax"]It always sucks to deal with collisions like that. My VW Passat was totaled in July and I'm still hassling with the gap company to pay off the rest of the loan. Also, not sure if you know this, but if your insurance company cuts you a check for the repairs, you can go anywhere you want, not just their "recommended" shops.[/quote38f34de7ec]

They've always gave me a list of places to bring the car to for repairs. Then once its repaired, they step in and pay their part.

So what you're saying is I can get the repair cost estimated and request a check?

At the moment, Geico still was unable to contact the women that hit my car. They've been calling her from her cell and her work phone.............

And Geico will only let us start my claim to them if its confirmed with the person who hit me. Right now, my car's sitting in the repair shop's lot.

manOFice

19-10-2007 11:23:43

I'm glad you're OK but I will quickly say this... this situation you have would be very easy to get money...

stueybaby17

19-10-2007 11:23:55

[quotecc74f8be8a="ajasax"]It always sucks to deal with collisions like that. My VW Passat was totaled in July and I'm still hassling with the gap company to pay off the rest of the loan. Also, not sure if you know this, but if your insurance company cuts you a check for the repairs, you can go anywhere you want, not just their "recommended" shops.[/quotecc74f8be8a]

Yeah, and if it's somebody you know you can end up with a nice amount of spare change.

When I wrecked my eclipse they gave me like $550 for new rims for the car and they were damaged when I bought the car. So I just got to keep that. Well not really, it paid my deductable.

ajasax

19-10-2007 11:42:15

I've gotten some money as well from my insurance company for the total. What was left over from my max rental allowance as well as a refund of my deductible since the other driver's insurance company denied my claim and I was covered under uninsured motorist. The money's nice, but it sucks to have to look for a new car. Also, the loan for the totaled car was still on my credit report so I ended up having to get my grandparents to cosign for me ?

theman2005

19-10-2007 19:24:31

Thanks all for the comments. I'll be talking with Geico again tomorrow.

As of now, Geico still has not been able to find the person who hit my car. They called her work place and cell many times today and no response. I'm hoping this isn't a "hit and wait and run" incident..........

In other news, I rented a car, an 07 Altima. Pretty nice car; you don't even need to ever touch the remote to get in the car, start the car, orunlock the car. There's this red button you press to start it. Only when you lock from outside you need the remote. Pretty nice for a rental car...... but mines better, hahaha.

Twon

19-10-2007 19:50:32

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I almost rear ended someone today. Som guy changed lanes without checking blind spot and the car infront of me had to slam on her brakes. I slammed on min and they locked because it was raining... phew it was close.

Yesitsfree4you

19-10-2007 19:52:57

Sorry to hear that... glad you're not hurt too badly!
cry

theman2005

19-10-2007 20:37:06

At this point.. I don't mind being hurt at all... the problem now is that she's not reachable at all anywhere, work place, home, and cell. Her license plate says Kentucky. I am not sure what to do now. Geico told me to just wait for now. I can't get my car fixed until they get a hold of her to take full responsibility. (She told me she'll take full responsibility at the scene of the accident)

If she did "take off", then that's another problem...............

gmario

19-10-2007 21:58:57

Is your state a no fault state?

PS. My baby gets out of the bodyshop next week yay!

theman2005

23-10-2007 20:39:53

[quotecc003a9cc6="gmario"]Is your state a no fault state?

PS. My baby gets out of the bodyshop next week yay![/quotecc003a9cc6]

And my car just got into the bodyshop this week, yay!
And what is a no fault state?

Anyways, a little update on the situation.

The person was found and has admitted fault to Geico so the claim is now released and was told repairs will begin this week. Phew.....
I just hope it gets repaired well. Knowing that the wheel was bent at a 45 degree angle, i hope they replace the whole wheel frame down there, not just "repair" it.

In other news, I'm actually enjoying this rental car. I'm liking the push button starting, haha.

dmorris68

24-10-2007 05:24:51

[quote25d2030010="theman2005"]And what is a no fault state?[/quote25d2030010]

There's only 12 no-fault states, so I'm not sure why someone would just assume yours was, unless they thought you lived somewhere else. shrug

Anyhoo... http//www.autoinsuranceindepth.com/no-fault-insurance.html

theman2005

30-11-2007 15:58:48

Update

Anyways, I just picked up my TSX back from the repair shop today and I'm disappointed.

The steering wheel is now real tight to turn and gets even tighter after a fourth of a turn. Had them check it out again and claimed they "fixed" the problem. Picked the car back up and the same thing. Still really tight and just gets more tight the farther it goes.

I've contacted Geico and the guy has not called me back. I called Acura and made an appointment to have it checked out. The repair shop is going to be in deep trouble if they find something out with the steering.

Sigh.......
Btw, the invoice on the repairs was over $7000 and the invoice on the car rental was over $1000 (42 days of rental).