14 Years ago today changed my life 4ever!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70419

LLee93

17-10-2007 08:51:09

On October 17th, 1993, my life was changed forever. I had a car wreck because I was drinking and driving. I'm wanting to let everyone know how dangerous & stupid that is. So I put up some pics on my myspace page. I also posted a blog going into detail about what happened & what my life is like today. If just one person can learn from my mistake, then I'm good. So checkout my page & don't be stupid like me. The song I have playing today describes me perfectly. It's like the song was written about me.

It may take time to load depending on your connection speed. Have a great day because I know I will.

God Bless,
Lance

http//www.myspace.com/tootles90

KeithA

17-10-2007 09:01:22

Good of you to share your story. You may want to repost your bulletin here so that more people see it.

Have you ever considered speaking at high schools and colleges about your experience? A speaker with a similar experience made a pretty strong impression on me when I was 16 or so.

jeagle82

17-10-2007 09:21:40

Yeah, definitely awesome that you're sharing your story! I think there are a lot of naive people out there that think it will never happen to them. Hopefully a lot of them will make it over to your blog. I think your story has a lot to convey.

TFOAF

17-10-2007 09:25:37

[quote6e55c3ec8c="KeithA"]Good of you to share your story. You may want to repost your bulletin here so that more people see it.

Have you ever considered speaking at high schools and colleges about your experience? A speaker with a similar experience made a pretty strong impression on me when I was 16 or so.[/quote6e55c3ec8c]
Heheh. I was just going to say the same thing, about visiting schools.

theysayjump

17-10-2007 09:33:28

Damn dude.

Did you fully recover or do you still have some problems walking and such?

I didn't get the chance to read the blog.

condra

17-10-2007 09:53:08

cool that ure doing it.

there is this ad in ireland that freaks me out...it shows a car bumping into a couple and crushing the guy and the girl's feet....gosh it gives me the creeps. shows everything...screams and all.....

anyhow, i can't see the blog cause i am at work...

LLee93

17-10-2007 09:57:21

[quote534b2bbcc3="KeithA"]Good of you to share your story. You may want to repost your bulletin here so that more people see it.

Have you ever considered speaking at high schools and colleges about your experience? A speaker with a similar experience made a pretty strong impression on me when I was 16 or so.[/quote534b2bbcc3]

I have spoken at some high schools & youth groups. Hearing it is one thing, but seeing it has a greater impact. Hopefully more people will get the point when they see what I did to myself.

jwwws

17-10-2007 12:26:51

Just wow. What courage you have to be able to turn your life around and speak so frankly about your decisions and how they impacted your life. And to have the heart to reach out to others so that they may think twice before making the same mistake.

Sincerely moved,
Jody

sandra habina

17-10-2007 20:53:55

Oh Lance, I now have a new favorite song - Mountain of God - it is so profound as is your story. I knew about the accident because we chatted when you first joined and I was lucky to have found you. I think it is wonderful to share your story - I am sure it has influenced many.
I am so happy that you have found your way dear one. And it is so nice to finally see a picture of DJ - he is very handsome Lance. And to put a face to your sweet words is awesome. Thankyou for sharing sweetie.

Great people are born in July especially the 14th. LOL
God Bless you dear one

hairyferry

18-10-2007 19:16:40

Third day is a great band. They have a bunch of CD's. You have a great testimony bro, keep the faith!