frustrated "somewhat" vet

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70076

shawng31

05-10-2007 07:11:55

ok.. here is my rant/whine.. i been in the tradin game for about 7 months now.. was all about it when i first sarted back around the end of february.. i recently as some may know... started to pimp myself out and go back to bein a ref.. quicker to get the money that way i THOUGHT than bangin my fuckin head against the wall to find just THREE people to cash out a site for 120.. i attempted 4 sites since the 2nd.. it is harder for oldbies so to speak than newbies to ind offers to do.. i thought hey.. its been a few months so maybe some new offers out there.. well not many.. i got so many pms from ppl it was very exciting.. i felt like a newbie again ).. in the 4 sites i attempted i only completed ONE.. i KNOW how toc omplete offers properly.. i know all the clearin cookies and whatnot and loggin out and back in and doin that shit between ofers and all.. what upsets me is the fact liIli look like liIli dont know what the hell liIliM doin cuz the shit wont credit.. i feel like i let down the people im trading ith and i also hate the fact that im burnin offers that i cant because i DONT have many offers left anymore ya know?.. and people who want to trade with me do so in confidence and know they dont have to hold my hand.. so basically.. NOW.. im out more money than i have made.. i know its the same old same old.. we all have these trepidations.. mybe its supposed to be an A instead of an I in that word but i dont care right now.. i just feel like i have let my fellow traders down that i have tried to complete their sites.. im just very frustrated right now.. i guess it just sux more now KNOWING i have done everything properly and made no mistakes.. bein im not a newbie and can say well i made a mistake and didnt lear cookies and go thru the whole routine properly.. im surprised to see some sites doin MCR's again however we ALL know they're pretty much bullshit and rarely come in if ever.. and bein NOT a newbie havin to burn offers is more of a bitch than a newbie.. cuz now most offers for ME are OOD.. guess i just want to make a public apology to the ppl i tried to green for.. but thats how the game is played ya know.. waiting and keepin yer fingers crossed that you go green.. anyhoo.. thanx for listenin and maybe it will get better for all of us

Shawn G.

jeagle82

05-10-2007 07:43:08

Yep, the crediting process has gotten much much worse, just in the past 2 months, because of all the damn scammers coming out of the woodwork. This is not just happening to you... it's across the boards with practically everyone, newbies and the experienced.

Jeremiah1218

05-10-2007 10:51:16

Yeah I have noticed crediting has gotten a lot worse too. Even on my V-Bux site which is supposed to be one of the best for crediting, I have a buddy that did a few offers that didn't come through and I know he did it right because I sat next to him and walked him through the process. I hope things get better soon.

doylnea

05-10-2007 11:32:25

sites have nothing to do with crediting. period.

it's either the offer having bad, or poor tracking installed, or your computer settings - likely the latter.

turbohim

05-10-2007 13:00:32

Lol. Scammers HAVE NOT caused "worse crediting". IT IS THE SAME AS ALWAYS. Crediting HAS NOT changed at all.

Jeremiah1218

05-10-2007 15:20:11

Actually crediting has changed, a lot of offers that worked before are no longer working on a lot of my sites. If you read his post, shawn clearly said that he knows what he is doing and he knows that he did everything properly but the offer still didn't credit, whats that tell you? And as far as sites supposedly having nothing to do with crediting, why is it that certain networks just suck now that used to be good? Its because their offers are not crediting like they did before. Some offers will work perfectly fine on one network and not work on another one. I do agree that it probably has nothing to do with scammers, but there have been plenty of offers that I have noticed that have gone bad that used to work.

turbohim

05-10-2007 17:11:12

Offers have dropped out yes, because of scammers. They don't "credit worse".

sandra habina

05-10-2007 18:27:20

I have to agree with Shawn and Jeremiah - I have worked many sites over and over and recently the same offers are just not crediting, and I have used the same steps for completing a trade.

I am sorry to disagree with you turbohim but from my experiences and what my traders are telling me - alot of offers are just not crediting for whatever reason. THEY JUST AREN'T

Daggoth

05-10-2007 18:40:14

Feb 07 != [somewhat] vet

sandra habina

05-10-2007 18:46:00

He said somewhat "vet" and he does have about 50 trades.
Course I have almost 600 trades and only Joined Jan. 6-07
And I certainly do NOT have 3000 posts.

I think what Shawn was trying to say is that he knows how to complete successful trades and still can not get the credits. Just not considered a "newbie" who may need to be given the proper steps.

turbohim

05-10-2007 18:47:33

Lol no worries, i won't cry for that long (

Haha. Hopefully someone can explain it in better depth than me if this doesn't make sense.. but here is why offer crediting hasn't changed from 1 year ago

#1 It would be almost impossible for every affiliate to edit their script to "worsen crediting". Not to mention most have premade scripts which aren't even editable.
#2 It wouldn't make any sense to worsen crediting. Who would that help? Maybe the advertisers to make back some money due to fraud, but once again, it would be too much of a hassle if someone "caught on" or they began to get complaints.
#3 If it wasn't the affiliate who would "worsen crediting", it would have to be the advertisers. Not possible at all since it's all automated.

NOW, you may be saying, "Hey Jared, you're an idiot.. non of my refs are crediting!! I sat right next to them and showed them what to do!". Well, are these refs legit? Advertisers (along with affiliates) are taking greater steps to prevent duplicate leads, signups, fraudulent info, cancellations, etc. Do you guys actually know your refs? Probably not. They may said they completed the offer, but half the time when i checked, they haven't even clicked on it. I think that is 1 major problem, people will say anything online.

So yeah, crediting = not worse.. no matter what you may concur from studies, etc. It's not possible. How do i know all this? Mwaha.. in my free time, i code affiliate sites and work with the tracking functions, etc. I still have yet to figure out a way to make crediting work "75% of the time".

Thanks,
Jared

sandra habina

05-10-2007 18:56:56

Well as far as the advertisers making money from the difficult crediting and it would be too much of a hassle if someone caught on or started complaining - we are complaining - I just do not know what to catch onto. I myself did two offers on Trainn and after waiting the 7 days - I had to send in MCR's - and I am STILL waiting.

And I think the loss of many offers accepting MCR'S has hurt the crediting. It was the only way to catch on a glitch or script problem with the affiliate offer. NOW on ALOT of offers - we do not even have that to fall back on. ???

Jared - I am not disputing that you know a thousand more times about crediting and codes and affiliates, I can only base my stats on personal experience. It is just frustrating and it is becoming worse.

turbohim

05-10-2007 19:01:14

You are complaining to us. I would not dare convey it to the advertisers since they would give the whole incentive industry the boot.

FYI, all TFL Network sites accpet MCRs on all offers P

sandra habina

05-10-2007 19:08:45

Yes Jared that is what I said - we are complaining. And if the credits are so difficult to come by - then we are losing the incentive to get traders to complete the offers for the incentive based prize.
I truely understand that all the recent frauding has really put a damper on offers/affiliates being easy going. But geeze louise - it is so hard to get credit now and the only explanation we get - is that the trader must have messed up. I do not buy that - not all of them can be messing up after they have already greened on many sites before. Just my opinion.

And thanks for the TFL tip - unfortunately I do not have any of your sites.

turbohim

05-10-2007 19:11:18

Well the system is sensitive, not going to lie about that. Things such as clicking the same offer multiple times, and clearing cookies will defiantly mess up the pixel and crediting.

topbillin1

05-10-2007 20:46:36

I think crediting has gotten worse but I think advertisers and affilaites are finding ways to prevent the common user from doing every incentive offer in the book.

That's just my opinion.

I think a lot of reason people don't like doing offers is because they're scared of it not greening or the offer ending up scamming them so they rape the free green promos.

Jeremiah1218

06-10-2007 01:22:36

[quotedb2d7ef0f8="turbohim"]NOW, you may be saying, "Hey Jared, you're an idiot.. non of my refs are crediting!! I sat right next to them and showed them what to do!". Well, are these refs legit? Advertisers (along with affiliates) are taking greater steps to prevent duplicate leads, signups, fraudulent info, cancellations, etc. Do you guys actually know your refs? Probably not. They may said they completed the offer, but half the time when i checked, they haven't even clicked on it. I think that is 1 major problem, people will say anything online.[/quotedb2d7ef0f8]

Obviously if I am sitting right next to someone I know they are legit and I know him personally. I did not complete the offers for him but I told him the exact steps to take to go green and I have completed many sites so I am sure that I did it right. I do not disagree with you either about knowing a lot more about the coding and whatever, but in my personal experiences with not only that ref of mine but a few others, the crediting just isn't as good. I am not sure why it is but its gotta be somethin other than "the person didn't complete it right" because what else could they have possibly done if they are doing it the right way to begin with, or at least the way that we are taught to complete offers?

shawng31

06-10-2007 19:32:40

WOW.. good to see im not the only frustrated one out there ).. im not blaming the sites.. the affiliates moreso.. i have actually still been tryin to complete sites fro others but the offers i DO see i can do.. most are DEAD.. and its not like one or two.. quite a bit more than that on some sites i have tried to do.. if an offer is DEAD.. pull the damn thing for gods sake.. now THAT has to do with the sites.. i read somewhere month or two ago about cookies not bein that great with tracking.. they offered an alternative but i dont remember what it was.. if anyone else out there knows what im talkin about.. please fill us in.. and if there IS a better alternative than cookies.. why dont the sites switch to it?like i said.. we have ALL had to deal with brnin ofers cuz they wont credit.. my frustration comes from there arent many out there i can DO anymore..and maybe that canbe bettered by the sites themselve.. actively go out and find advertisers that may be interested in incentivesd advertising.. i dunno how the whole process worx.. but i have been interested in running a freebie site.. but i AM pretty computer ILliterate ;).. i really enjoy trading.. its fun and can be lucrative to a point.. when im tryin to get refs fro my own sites.. im just as anxious as they are when they go in to complete their offers.. i was recently trying to complete a site that when i clicked ona couple of them.. it brought me to the SAME DAMN offer.. and it wasnt anything CLOSE to what i clicked on.. took me to 2 day slimdown.. i wont bash the site here.. but if anone has had this happen on the so mentioned site.. then they know which one im talkin about.. THAT sounds fishy to me.. but hey.. im just trader.. im going to attempt a git-r-free site this evening.. i see they have MANY offers on them and a lot i can do.. so everybody keep their fingers crossed and wish me luck ).. i will let yall know how it turns out

Shawn G.

shawng31

07-10-2007 16:13:45

update on git-r-free site if anybody is still watching this thread.. well.. i had to get my card unfroze because i have been using it recently to complete offers.. second time it has happened but a quick phone call and im disco again.. i mean i appreciate the fact they are protecting me.. but DAMN.. let me know in advance yer freezin me ya know.. i DO use the card for more than completing offers.. anyhoo.. i am at half cred right now on git-r-free.. which i am somewhat happy about.. one offer credited instantly as stated.. the other im still waiting on.. i had to do the site this morning instead of last night due to the card issue.. re-reading this thread a minute ago.. i dont see it as us traders bashing the sites or anything.. just the frustration part of it is all.. i know this whole thing is a waiting game.. and i dont claim to be a very patient person myself.. but i know the deal.. but.. MCR's are bad enough to hafta do and THEN hafta wait and wait and wait just for them to NEVER come thru.. that is ridiculous to me.. and site owners out there.. we are NOT bashing you or gettin ready to burn you at the stake.. if you werent there we wouldnt be doin what we're doing.. and vice versa im sure.. maybe the whole scene as a whole can get together to find a better source of creditting offers.. as i stated ina previous post about the cookies alternative which i have yet to hear a reply to.. if this aint workin.. then lets try somethin else ya know?.. ya get unhappy frustrated GOOD traders out there that are gettin fed up.. they move on.. find somethin else... im sure you site owners get tired of hearin the bitchin and whinin.. i DO however blame a lot of this shit on the scammers tho.. i remember a couple of months ago when we found out there will be no more MCR's.. how that was a hot topic and a lot of worry for traders.. and everyone sayin no worries.. the honest ones wil still be ok.. it wont affect them.. seems it has to a point tho.. when i first started i could green like a bitch.. someone set the trade up with me.. i had the site donw in less than an hour.. sometimes MINUTES after the trade was set up.. maybe there can be made some imporvements in the whole thing.. who knows.. but if the interest isnt there anymore for the scene.. ok.. lets get down to it here.. the "MONEY" isnt there for it anymore.. the whole thing will dry up and go away.. im still tryin to remain hopeful and positive about trading.. but DAMN.. heh.. i was gettin pretty frustrated tryin to FIND refs and then makin sure they get green.. now im tryin to BE a ref again.. shit man.. if i WAS brand spankin new in this.. i would leave as fast as i came in.. so now i pose a question to the site owners out there..

what do YOU see as the main problem with crediting?.. saying a ref does EVERYTHING right to a fuckin T.. and STILL doesnt get the credit for the offer.. he/she follows the link.. signs up under their sponsor so to speak.. goes to the offers page.. lets it load completely.. clears cookies temp files and browser history.. logs out then back in to the site.. goes back to offers page and does the offer.. waits on confirmation page for at least 5 minutes.. GETS a confirmation e-mail.. if he/she has to do another offer to get the full credit for greening and repeats the steps again.. and gets the confirmation e-mail.. and its an instant offer.. and knowin instant doesnt always MEAN instant.. does every painstaking step.. and STILL doesnt get the credit.. waits the whatever amount of days is required for MCR.. puts THAT in with full header e-mails.. and STILL nothing??.. what would the problem be then.. and what do YOU see as site owners knowin more of what goes on behind the scenes would be the issue there?.. and how would you take steps to correct it if you could.. i dont think site owners WANT people to NOT get credit for the offers they do.. i dont mean to sound like im attacking you with my question.. but do yall as site owners see it as bein a problem that has been happening more often and are you concerned with it and do you ahve any thoughts or ideas on how to make it better?

hope to hear a response to the question from site owners and fellow traders alike

Shawn G.

shawng31

07-10-2007 17:01:02

ok.. sorry i know i aint supposed to post my own reply.. but this is a link to what i was talkin abotu with the cookies here.. yall read it and folow the links to alternative to cookies and let me know hwat yall think

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

sandra habina

07-10-2007 17:10:05

Good questions Shawn - now if we can get some answers - it would be so helpful to everyone involved.

I posted my concern about getting some new and different offers and did get a few responses from site owners. Still hoping to see some.

All of these questions are for the benefit of everyone - so I am anxiously waiting to see the responses you get as well.
Thanks Shawn

Jeremiah1218

08-10-2007 10:02:48

Great questions Shawn, I completely agree with you here and I hope we can get some answers too. I think there should definately be a new way of tracking if someone completed an offer or not, the cookies just aren't cuttin it anymore for a lot of people and especially new people who can't even get their first few offers to come through so they just give up. This whole "business" is run by the traders if you think about it. No matter how great the crediting, prizes, support etc. are, if we do not have people completing offers and making the sites and affiliates money, this business would not even work. For this reason, every person counts. If all these new people who are really interested end up quitting because they can't get their offers to work, everyone is just losing potential money and that includes the sites along with the advertisers and affiliates. On the other hand, if there were a way to keep all these people interested and keep them completing offers, that means more money for everyone. This is why a new crediting system should be put in place.

manOFice

08-10-2007 10:07:43

[quote8b52ce7731="Jeremiah1218"]Great questions Shawn, I completely agree with you here and I hope we can get some answers too. I think there should definately be a new way of tracking if someone completed an offer or not, the cookies just aren't cuttin it anymore for a lot of people and especially new people who can't even get their first few offers to come through so they just give up. This whole "business" is run by the traders if you think about it. No matter how great the crediting, prizes, support etc. are, if we do not have people completing offers and making the sites and affiliates money, this business would not even work. For this reason, every person counts. If all these new people who are really interested end up quitting because they can't get their offers to work, everyone is just losing potential money and that includes the sites along with the advertisers and affiliates. On the other hand, if there were a way to keep all these people interested and keep them completing offers, that means more money for everyone. This is why a new crediting system should be put in place.[/quote8b52ce7731]

I don't see a new crediting system happening...

topbillin1

08-10-2007 13:09:46

I'm trying to complete a site, I'm 5 of 6 and my last 2 referrals still aren't green... even when it says (reports within x__ of time) it doesn't at all.

I think affiliates are holding back credits and checking them much more closely for fraud, that's what the bad crediting probably comes from.

This is crazy, crediting is pretty much crap on alot of sites....

manOFice

08-10-2007 13:21:23

[quote92d15a4b4d="topbillin1"]I'm trying to complete a site, I'm 5 of 6 and my last 2 referrals still aren't green... even when it says (reports within x__ of time) it doesn't at all.

I think affiliates are holding back credits and checking them much more closely for fraud, that's what the bad crediting probably comes from.

This is crazy, crediting is pretty much crap on alot of sites....[/quote92d15a4b4d]

thats not how it works...

Jeremiah1218

08-10-2007 13:27:55

[quotee3dc0c8cca="manOFice"]I don't see a new crediting system happening...[/quotee3dc0c8cca]

Then that's their own problem...its obvious that a new crediting system or at least some way of making it to where most credits actually come through would only benefit everyone, why wouldn't they want to do this?

manOFice

08-10-2007 13:33:03

[quote04bea5be6f="Jeremiah1218"][quote04bea5be6f="manOFice"]I don't see a new crediting system happening...[/quote04bea5be6f]

Then that's their own problem...its obvious that a new crediting system or at least some way of making it to where most credits actually come through would only benefit everyone, why wouldn't they want to do this?[/quote04bea5be6f]

If I recall..this is just off the top of my head now....

Out of the years of me doing this, i've only had around 2 offers never credit for me and that was on a free4me and some scam site.

I'll still stick by that it's a users fault.. some where.

Edit Oh! Also manybe 3 on ideal.

Jeremiah1218

08-10-2007 13:42:25

It very well could be something on the users side too, but how are you ever supposed to know? If you have followed every single step of completing offers to the T but the offer still doesn't credit how can you blame yourself for it? There simply has to be another factor that is getting involved that is out of our control at times.

topbillin1

08-10-2007 14:23:56

[quotee6c580ec52="manOFice"][quotee6c580ec52="Jeremiah1218"][quotee6c580ec52="manOFice"]I don't see a new crediting system happening...[/quotee6c580ec52]

Then that's their own problem...its obvious that a new crediting system or at least some way of making it to where most credits actually come through would only benefit everyone, why wouldn't they want to do this?[/quotee6c580ec52]

Out of the years of me doing this, i've only had around 2 offers never credit for me and that was on a free4me and some scam site.

Edit Oh! Also manybe 3 on ideal.[/quotee6c580ec52]

And how many offers have you done in the last 3 or 4 months, pretty much when this horrible crediting started.... after June 15th?

Be honest, on sites other than Ideal

manOFice

08-10-2007 14:30:43

[quoteba154675ed="topbillin1"][quoteba154675ed="manOFice"][quoteba154675ed="Jeremiah1218"][quoteba154675ed="manOFice"]I don't see a new crediting system happening...[/quoteba154675ed]

Then that's their own problem...its obvious that a new crediting system or at least some way of making it to where most credits actually come through would only benefit everyone, why wouldn't they want to do this?[/quoteba154675ed]

Edit Oh! Also manybe 3 on ideal.[/quoteba154675ed]

And how many offers have you done in the last 3 or 4 months, pretty much when this horrible crediting started.... after June 15th?

Be honest, on sites other than Ideal[/quoteba154675ed]

Other than ideal....

Probably 4... all of which were given credit.

shawng31

09-10-2007 20:55:44

quick update everybody.. i actually got a green last night D.. was a full credit offer on rocketbills.. came in within 15-20 minutes of doing it.. the support their is awesome.. had never heard of this site until last week when i decided to green again.. i am very happy with their support and creditting.. and i am very much enjoying the duplicate poker offer i did.. plus i have what i believe to be another VERY good site in my arsenal which i will soon be tryin to find my own refs for.. i am still trying to green the other sites i have started as we speak and hopefully they will come in and i wont have to burn too many more offers.. its good to see the responses here and who knows maybe one of these days we will find somethin that will work better than cookies.. but yeah i do have to agree with the others.. they dont seem to be greenin as good as they used to.. only time will tell i guess.. keep the thread goin.. im enjoyin it ;)

Shawn G.

shawng31

11-10-2007 17:27:42

ya know.. and im paraphrasing here.. they say.. the true sign of insanity is doin the same thing over and over again and expecting a differnet outcome.. i was just browsing thru one of the other "forums" out there.. and i saw some things that made me a lil angry and of course i had to reply to. i really enjoy trading.. shit i got my own MOTHER into it (terryishere).. and in starting this thread and seein others like it. i am NOT the only one who is seing a problem here.. i am NOT bashing anyone here.. im just venting.. i hadnt been very active in the scene for a few months i know. but god DAMN.. it seems to be worse now than when i left a few months ago.. the no MCR's.. ok.. i could deal with that.. but SHIT.. when liIli as someone who HAS gone green and KNOWS HOW to cant even get it and get my OWN mcrs DENIED.. gimme a break herei dont want to think that site owners have gotten shady themselves.. i give everyone the benefit of the doubt.. sites and newbies and vets.. "it wont hurt the honest traders"?.. it has.. if it HASNT.. liIli wouldnt be the only one vocal about it right now,, and SHIT i havent been tradin at ALL for a few MONTHS now.. i enjoy the community and some of the ppl i have met here. but we area ALL here for the same thing.. i have stated that before in this thread.. come on now do liIli or AYONE really give a shit about OMAHA STEAKS??.. maybe im lookin like an ass right now.. but i have NEVER scammed and never WILL.. yeah.. it sux that this is very easily scamed.. and im JUST gettin back into trading after a few months and it seems WORSE to me. i understand the site owners trepidations as well as the advertisers.. as well as the refs and the ppl tryin to GET refs.. this is SUPPOSED to be a win-win-win-win situation here.. what the hell is goin on?

Shawn G.

JennyWren

11-10-2007 19:26:20

What does your mother think about your language here?

shawng31

12-10-2007 06:34:16

where ya think i learned it from ;)