GOT iPod Shuffle (it's in my hands, literally)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6980

PodTopia

23-02-2005 16:36:06

Drove to my local Circuit City today to see if the rumors were true did they have the 512MB iPod shuffle in stock. And guess what?? They did. So I debated for a good 10 minutes and then decided I was going to buy it. I had my 2 $10 gift cards from Buyer's Advantage (they come in handy), and paid $85 to get my 512MB shuffle. It's awesome! I have to restart my computer for installation to be complete, and I'll post pics soon. I'm planning on using the $85 PayPal I get shortly from iPodShuffles4free to cover the cash difference.

Stroid

23-02-2005 16:38:25

Congrats!

EatChex89

23-02-2005 16:48:29

awesome.

PodTopia

23-02-2005 17:31:39

Thanks ). I'm playing with it a little more, and I don't really like it as much. I bought it for my sister, because she really wanted it as an "accessory" to her 3G 15GB. I think that once I get my 1GB, I'll either sell it or use it only when I'm exercising.

heatsp2

23-02-2005 17:49:34

I'm thinking about doing what you did. I might just buy the 512 mb ipod shuffle and then get paypal when I finish. Do you recommend doing it??? Cause I want the ipod shuffle for exercising, snowboarding and skateboarding.

PodTopia

23-02-2005 17:50:34

Well, I'm going skiing this weekend, so I figured it'd be nice to have while skiing. If you can wait, then do so. There's a $20 gap in between what OC gives you and what you pay for it at Circuit CIty.

Godrockdj

23-02-2005 18:03:26

Cool!

ashnazg

24-02-2005 10:57:39

for all those people talking about using it while exerciing, make SURE it's not against your skin and it doesn't get sweat on it... i've talked to many people who's shuffles have just died after working out... they were using the armbands and stuff... might be a good idea to get the water resistant case

PodTopia

24-02-2005 12:14:19

That's interesting. After playing with it more today, I've decided that it's only good for exercising. There's no other reason I'd walk around with it. I saw a Creative ad in the newspaper (Creative being the makers of the Zen Mirco and such) kind of making fun of the shuffle. It said "Life Doesn't Have to Be Random with Creative's new audio players, YOU can select your music." I thought it was quite clever. The 512MB Creative player is $89.99 (they have screens!) and the 1GB is $129.99. But I guess I'm just an Apple whore ). Although I may sell my 1GB shuffle (when I get it from freeipodshuffle) and buy one of these....

mrwzk

24-02-2005 12:45:10

i will have mine very soon oc told me vendor recieved a shipment of them on the 2/18 and was sending out today and sure enough i check today and i was stv. im hoping this is true and i can be playing with my shuffle soon

LizM

24-02-2005 12:54:14

A request for all those who plan on using the shuffle while skiing... I know how cool it is to have music pumping while skiing. Quite a rush. But please remember to keep the volume at a level where you can still hear the swishes around you. You share the mountain with other skiers, and it's important to be aware of what's going on around you.

Sorry to sound like a public service announcement, but my younger cousin got in a collision with a skier who was blasting music on his headphones last year. He totally slammed into her, and the poor thing had to be taken down the mountain on a backboard ( She's ok now though )

Just call me "mom" )

PodTopia

24-02-2005 13:32:34

LizM, after much thought, I don't think I'll be using the music while skiing. Part of the "rush" I get while skiing is the sound of the snow swishing under my skis. And you're right, it is quite dangerous. Maybe on the lift?

LizM

24-02-2005 14:35:09

You're right, PodTopia... the swish is one of the best parts. For me it's kind of a spiritual experience. Being one with nature but at the same time not allowing yourself to be controlled by it. Skiing is kind of like you're "beating" the mountain.

And with using it on the lift, you have the added bonus of not having to talk to those douchebags sitting next to you who always say, "I just got back from Vale, man, and the conditions were SO much better there."

Goddammit, I hate those guys.

PodTopia

24-02-2005 14:59:57

LizM, I can TOTALLY RELATE! I've got some friends that do the same thing. They'll say, "Where are you going for vacation?". I'll reply, "Killington, in Vermont." Then they'll say, "Oh, I'm going out to Aspen to go skiing." They asked just so they could rub it in my face!!! And relating to the mountain, you're right. My favorite trails are glades/wood trails. It's such a natural feeling, not like the "wide openness" of skiing on a regular trail.

EatChex89

24-02-2005 15:07:02

ive never been skiing, and i live like 4-5hours away from mammoth..

LizM

24-02-2005 18:03:59

Dude, Killington is a damn fine place to ski. It's the best place I've ever been, anyway. I haven't made it out to the West Coast yet. But when and if I ever do, I won't be one of those bragging a-holes )

PodTopia

24-02-2005 18:11:49

LizM, Killington is awesome. We were staying with friends, so stayed at their smaller mountain, Pico, which is still pretty kick-ass. I haven't made it out West either, but all my friends were bragging.

hovigga

24-02-2005 18:14:19

The closest ski resort from my house (not far), is said to have been a volcano. What irony.

PodTopia

24-02-2005 18:16:36

Where?

LizM

24-02-2005 18:19:04

ashnazg,

You say that your friends were wearing an armband when the sweat-damage occurred? that's really weird. And it kind of defeats the purpose, if they've been plugging the shuffle as the ultimate music-while-you-excercise tool. Hmmm....

PodTopia

24-02-2005 18:21:12

LOL LizM. I have the same sentiment. I'm picking up some of those skins from DecalGirl to try out, on another note (I get them for free to review). They look pretty cool.